Dr. John D. Markman, MD

Dr. John D. Markman, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 49 years old

31 reviews| Leave a review

Dr. Markman specializes in Pain Medicine and practices in Rochester, NY. He practices at 4 locations.

Are you Dr. Markman? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Markman's Experience

See how Dr. Markman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Markman

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Markman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Markman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markman to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Markman
Dr. Markman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
in pittsford ny 14534 |
we were very satisfied with his handling of the situation
in Aurora, NY |
Dr. M. is brilliant, focused, extremely precise, a wonderful diagnostician, a great listener, and a humane, unself-important, and humorous man. I recommend--and have recommended--him unqualifiedly.
in Bloomfield, NY |
I've had chronic back pain & sciatica since 1991. I was looking for a Dr. who specialized in people like me and was refereed to Dr. Markman by my PCP. I have been a satisfied patience ever since. He listens to your concerns and develops a treatment plan based on your needs. He doesn't talk down to you or brush your comments off like some other Dr.'s tend to do. He recently performed a radio frequency ablation procedure on me with good results. I have referred many others to his care.
Rochester, NY |
Dr. Markman is a very understanding doctor for people in pain. Dr. Markman tries to determine what the best options are and works with a patient to determine the best course of action for dealing with their specific situation.
in Fairport, NY |
Simply speaking, Dr. Markman is the best! I met him during as appointment with my 93-year-old father-in-law and was so impressed that I now see him too. He has helped us tremendously with epidural injections that alleviated our sciatic pain. He is an exceptional practitioner and one of the friendliest, most optimistic doctors I know. He listens carefully, answers questions clearly, and treats you more like a friend than a patient. The whole staff is excellent as well and a pleasure to be around.
in Corning, NY 14830 |
My second visit was doing my first proceedure. It was better than I could ever imagine. I left there thinking I might be abke to live with this pain now. The staff is great. The care is stellar. I told a couple of my friends about this release from pain and NO MEDICATIONS! ! ! I can function at a 5 or 6 without meds. Life is good. Thank yo Dr. Markman!
rochester, ny |
Dr. Markman was the third doctor I brought my mother to and the only one who was able to offer her relief from severe lower back pain.
in Pittsford, NY |
Cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Markman. Thoroughly enjoy his level of care.
in victor, ny |
Dr. Markman is a true professional physician. He is knowledgeable and is able to explain things in layman terms. During treatments he is very concerned with your comfort and his treatment room staff are wonderful. I am very glad I have found Dr. Markman as he has really helped with my pain problems. He diagnosed my illness and provided treatment options that have worked really well.
rural, NY |
I began seeing Dr. Markman about 10 years ago for a constant earache as a result of two surgeries for bonespurs in my ear canal. Informally known as surfers' ear. We started out with drugs, but my ear was slowly getting worse and life was getting more difficult. About two years ago, he asked me if I was ready to try a nerve block. It had been a long wait. So finally I had the block, it took my pain levels back ten years. My opioid use is down 75%. The pain is far from gone, but It is better.
in Canandaigua, NY |
Dr. Markman work tirelessly to find a solution to my problem. He is courteous, kind and though an extremely busy physician, he takes the time to remember something personal to speak to each individual about, whether he truly wants to know or not. He is very engaged in patient care and satisfaction.
in Spencerport, NY |
Dr. Markman takes the time to review X-rays and options available to ease my pain. He explains options going forward and is concerned with how I am doing.
rochester, ny |
He is very patient and he thorough explains what the situation is and how to treat it.
in Fairport, New York |
Dr. Markman is very prompt, and thorough. He listens, and works with me in determining my pain location and level. The procedure room is staffed by exceptional nurses, and the prep room nurses and techs are top notch. Dr. Markman is a no nonsense physician in whom I have the utmost confidence.
in rochester, ny |
I spent the last half of my thirties with chronic pain and other symptoms which caused me to experience bouts of depression and so many questions as to what was wrong with me. Dr. Markman (as well as Shirley Rast) was able to alleviate said pain. The diagnosis was thorough and was explained to me in great detail, yet in an understandable way. Dr. Markman has a great personality and makes one feel very comfortable. I have a strong aversion to needles, but I was relaxed with him.
in Toronto, ON |
Simply put, Dr. Markman is the best doctor I have ever met. Not just the best pain specialist, the best doctor. My mother, who is paralyzed due to a motor vehicle accident, sees Dr. Markman for neuropathic pain. He is kind, empathetic, and highly knowledgeable. He is realistic about potential treatment benefits and answers all questions with patience. He has helped my mother enormously. I would recommend Dr. Markman to anyone without reservation, there is no one better.
in Clifton Springs, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Markman for years now. I started out with a rough case one that they thought would not work with pain management but after he researched and studied on it I'm so pleased to say that it is helping and I am able to actively live my life without pain. He treats you like family and not just a patient. I refer him every chance I can. Thank you so much Dr. Markman for all you do.
in Auburn, NY |
I was referred to Dr. John Markman by Neurosurgeon, Dr. Webster Pilcher. Following this referral, I cannot say enough about the positive results I have experienced under the care of Dr. Markman and the staff of the Neuromedicine Pain Management Center URMC Neurosurgery. Dr. Markman is professional at all times, but has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced. His staff is also skilled, but warm and caring. Lastly, Dr. Markman listens to my problems and then suggests remedies.
Atlanta, GA |
Perfect in every way
I was his patient for 6 months. In that time I met Dr. Markman once for 10 seconds. His NP refused to offer any treatments other than pouring medications down my throat. This doctor and his NP clearly did not care to treat me so I found a doctor who does care about me as a patient.
Have you seen Dr. John D. Markman, MD?
Are you Dr. Markman?

Compare Dr. Markman

Dr. Markman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Neurology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Markman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Markman's Board Certifications

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Spina Bifida
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Syncope
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vertigo

University of Rochester

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Markman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine