Dr. John R. Lurain, MD

Northwestern Medical Group
250 E Superior St Ste 4-420
Chicago, IL 60611 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Lurain specializes in Gynecologic Oncology and practices in Chicago, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Lurain? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Lurain's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Lurain's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lurain

Dr. Lurain accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lurain has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Lurain
Dr. Lurain's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (21)
in Chicago, IL |
I don't doubt that doctor Lurain gave my mother good medical advice, but he was impatient, inaccessible, and too busy to be bothered with her as she neared the end of treatment and began the path toward hospice. I was appalled by his repeatedly dismissive attitude towards her, but she was too overwhelmed to change doctors. She reached the end of her care hospitalized and referred to hospice without so much as a visit or phone call. Dr. Lurain made a difficult week for our family so much worse.
in Western Springs, IL |
Everything about my experience with Dr. Lurain, his staff, and Northwestern was excellent...From my initial visit, as well as pre-op, surgery, and follow up.
in Skokie, IL |
I have been a nurse for 40 years and rarely have I seen a physician treat someone the way he treated me. He brought several residents in the exam room and told me I was discriminating when I told him I preferred not to have men present during my pelvic exam. He embarrassed and humiliated me even after I told him I had a history of sexual abuse. My chart clearly states I have PTSD. He had no compassion what so ever.
in Belvidere IL |
I just love Dr Lurain! He is very knowledgable in his field! I had a radical hysterectomy and BSO for Cervical Cancer 6 years ago and still cancer free!! I owe my life to him!
in Tampa, FL |
I've been seeing Dr. Lurain since 2008 when he performed my surgery for endometrial stromal sarcoma. He is the best doctor I've ever had. He is kind and has a good sense of humor. I researched him before selecting him and he is the most experienced and knowledgable specialist in this area. I trust and respect him. When I see him annually, I feel that he is really paying attention to changes in my health and feel comfort in his assessment. Please don't retire, Dr. Lurain!
Uncompassionate not understanding old and grumpy. This guy needs to retire he doesn't care about his patients anymore.
Have you seen Dr. John R. Lurain, MD?
Are you Dr. Lurain?

Compare Dr. Lurain

More Gynecologic Oncology Specialists like Dr. Lurain at Northwestern Medical Group