Dr. John Luckasen, MD

Dr. John Luckasen, MD

Dermatology | Male

For more than 20 years patients have relied on Midwest Dermatology Clinic physicians to provide complete care and board-certified expertise in general dermatology, skin cancer diagnosis and treatment, cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. Midwest Dermatology Clinic leads the way in the use of state of the art diagnostic and treatment equipment and has many convenient office locations staffed by friendly, helpful professionals offering experience, expertise and patient-centered focus.

Dr. John Luckasen, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Omaha, NE. He is 72 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Dr. Luckasen is affiliated with Chi Health Lakeside, The Nebraska Methodist Hospital, The Nebraska Medical Center, Chi Health Bergan Mercy and Chi Health Immanuel.

Dr. Luckasen's Experience

See how Dr. Luckasen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Luckasen

Dr. Luckasen accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Luckasen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Luckasen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Luckasen to family and friends
1.8
Dr. Luckasen's Performance
    POOR
Omaha, NE |
My first visit with Dr. Luckasen was today. I found him efficient and caring. Personable. I do not agree at all with the negative reviews on him. I wonder what happened during those visits. I am pleased with my care and would recommend Dr. Luckasen to friend/ family.
Omaha, NE |
Came into the exam room I and my daughter were waiting in, without saying hello, introducing himself or any other comment picked up the report the nurse had made on myself, made a quick exam of my scalp, said I would have to live with the problem, no explanation, told the nurse to give me a shot, order some medication to relieve the problem and that was it. No hello, good-bye or any other comment. A rather snooty individual who appeared he was too busy to waste his time with me. Doctor's Oath?
in Elkhorn, NE |
Very rude, talked down to me. He completely ignored what I tried to tell him. I went in with a list of things I had tried for a long time upper lip rash and did not work. He blew off my main problem(rash) that I needed help with. For my2nd problem (acne) I had an exact script that I knew would treat my acne, excpet it had expired and I had moved cities, so I just wanted to refill it. He instead prescribed my 500 mg of amoxicillin 3x a day! Indefinitely! That's not cool. Thanks for the bill.
in Omaha,Ne |
There is a reason why you can get into him easily -no one see him twice - rude unprofessional I will never go back - his nurse told me that is just how he is - I'm a nurse I know how a patient should be treated - don't bother wait for someone else
Omaha, NE |
Diagnosed my melanoma in 2000, removed it and I've gone to him ever since with any skin problem I have. He does a thorough annual exam to ensure no new problems get away from us. Both my kids went to him for acne and liked him, too. I don't need a dermatologist to spend 20 minutes with me...in and out is fine with me. I was just thinking at my last visit, when I got moved out to a 2-year follow-up, that I hope he doesn't retire before then!
Omaha, NE |
A red flag that he could get me in at 8 a.m. the day after I called to make the appt (e/a foIf doc that was out) He barged in the room before the nurse had finished asking me questions and started pulling my shirt up to look at my skin. A 3 min visit. He wrote 2 RXs, on a pad. No computer order. Pharmacy said the med mixed w/a current RX would have caused a terrible reaction. He also said not to go the the gym or tan. That tinea versicolor was contagious, which it is not. He needs to retire.
Omaha, NE |
Horrible bed side manners, was very interruptive, would not recommend to anyone seeking treatment for acne,
in Co Bluffs IA |
In 1975 Dr Luckasen saved both of our Daughters' lives. Their pediatrician, a wonderful man by the name of Dr Geo Klok, could not figure out what was wrong with our youngest. She was in the hospital with sore throat, raw lips, sore and swollenn glands under her arms. Hecalled many different types of specialists. Dr Luckasen who had just set up his new practice in Omaha was the last one called. He diagnosed her with toxic epidermal necrolysis. They transferrered her to Children's and saved her.
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Luckasen because he was the only one who could get me in while I was in town. It was my first time visiting a dermatologist, and he was no help. He was MAYBE in the room for 3 minutes. I went for acne, and all he did was ask me what I was there for, draw a face on his notepad, and write me a prescription. He didn't look at my skin ONCE or ask me anything about my routines or what products I use. He wrote me a prescription without even having me weighed first.
Have you seen Dr. John Luckasen, MD?
Are you Dr. Luckasen?

Compare Dr. Luckasen

}

Dr. Luckasen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Luckasen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology and Dermatopathology
  •  Malpractice claims in Nebraska not available

Dr. Luckasen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

Why It Matters: Dr. Luckasen's Board Certifications

• Dermatology
  • Dermatopathology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Granuloma
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

University Of Southern California Los Angeles

Completed in 1971

University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Completed in 1974

Dr. Luckasen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Luckasen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology