Dr. John Littell, MD is a family medicine specialist in Ocala, FL and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in family medicine, geriatric medicine, and more.

Dr. Littell accepts

Dr. Littell accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
NetworkBlue
CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
Employer Group PPO
EBS-RMSCO
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Golden Rule
HealthSmart
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medical Mutual of Ohio

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (6/26/2017)View details

Check if Dr. Littell treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Littell's conditions and procedures:

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Asthma
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Pediatric Dermatologic Disorders
  • Pediatric Diseases
  • Pneumonia
  • Skin Diseases

"Your family physician for life"

• Adult Medicine

23.404255319148938%

Dr. Littell?
Dr. Littell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Littell, MD
The first visit I had to wait 5 weeks because you have to see only dr littell to be excepted. He spent 5 mins checking me over then 25 mins talking. Most of which was who I should join a Catholic Church and that would help my problem. He ran out of time to do my physical so had to wait 5 weeks for him to do that. In the mean time I had bloods taken but the company would only release my results to him and not me. My second appointment was at 0945 I got there early then got took back. At 1045 I asked how much longer it would be till I was seen. I was told to be patient as he was with someone. I asked the lady at reception for my blood results which she gave me and I left. If he spent less time doing medicine instead of religion and stopped selling his book he would be ok
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
He’s been my Doctor for about 15 years and I’ve only seen him once. He’s more worried about book sales now than his patients. He’s not the same. Money has made him like most doctors now a day..
Very good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Willingly discusses and listens to concerns; offers suggestions, provides alternatives, is pleasant, personal and professional. Appreciate that Dr. Littell takes a more conservative approach to medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
When entering the waiting room of Dr. Littell's office the various awards and faith based displays that are present give a sense of confidence that Dr. Littell works with a higher power to provide the best possible care for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Caring & thorough family dr. Highly recommend !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Dr. Littell has been our family doctor for over 15 years. He is compassionate and skilled. He truly cares about his patients. He spends time listening and answering questions to get to the root the issue and puts time and thought into health and healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Dr Littell may be a very nice person however he suffers from a God complex. Recently I had an anaphylactic reaction to a medication. My face, lips, tongue, were swelling and I had hives all over. Since it was 1:30am my husband took me to the ER where I was taken back, given IV immediately and supervised for 5 hours before release. A few days later when I saw Dr L, he admonished me for going to ER, that they were meant for broken bones and car accidents, that I should have called him! REALLY?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Driving home from Mayo Clinic after being there 6 days. My dad just went through a difficult cancer surgery. It was highly recommended I got a colonoscopy. So I needed to get a referral. I got a phone call from Dr. L. chasticizing me why I didn’t come for his 2 month appt for an “annual” he never mentioned prior about. He continued to scream at me and raise his voice over mine when I tried to question this. I DONT NEED THIS. Totally had no respect or regard for me as a patient. Changing dr. ASAP
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
I have been going to his office for more than 10 years. I see his PA's or NP's before I see Dr. Littell. They're the only reason I keep going. He's a great doctor, but can be very rude and inattentive at times. My last visit with him was very bad and I really questioned whether I should change doctors. I have decided not to because his staff is amazing and make him look good. NP Melissa, Jackie and Elaine are amazing. Dr. Littell they make you shine, be good to them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Based on my family's care for the past 10 years dr John littell is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He is always in reach and is spot on on his diagnosis. I have recommended him and his practice to my friends and they fell the same way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
My father passed in 2016 under Dr. Littel's care. He was 88 and very ill. What emboldens me to rate him as the worst doctor I've ever dealt with was his refusal to grant my dad hospice care! We had to bypass Littel to get the help we needed. Shame on him for trying to deny us the assistance hospice provided. Shame!
How sad indeed for this family. I work closely...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Great dr. like the way he interact with people. Like the way he tells you how it is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
We are new patients with Dr. Littell and this was our 1st visit. We were very pleased with Dr. Littell and his staff. We felt comfortable and did not feel rushed, he was very patient and ask a lot of questions as he reviewed our records . We would highly recommend Dr. Littell to anyone looking for a family physician. God Bless Dr. Littell, his family and his office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
He is an excellent Dr that takes the Time to listen and help
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
I had an initial visit with Dr. Littell and was impressed with his thoroughness and concern. I look forward to a long relationship with Dr. Littell and his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Dr. Littell is one of the best doctors I have been to in a long while. He always responds to messages that I have left him on the patient portal or will even take the time to call me back long after hours. He is a genuine doctor who actually cares about his patients. He is an outstanding man with great morals and character. His office staff is always friendly and treats me like family. I will never go any where else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
I believe Dr. Littell is an excellent doctor. He takes care of his patients in a timely way. He is able to take care of several problems during a visit so another appointment isn't always necessary. This saves patient's time as well as his time. I like that he can take care of dermatology concerns. He shares information with patients and seems genuinely concerned. I would rate him a 5 stars
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Dr Littell always takes his time with each patient. He listens to what you are trying to convey to him regarding your symptoms. He always returns your calls within 15 minutes and the office staff is very helpful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Littell, MD?
Dr. John Littell provides excellent knowledgeable service and has a heart for his patients. He takes the time with his patients and is passionate about the people and the family care he provides.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Littell?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Littell treats patients.