Dr. John Lipman, MD

Dr. John Lipman, MD

Vascular & Interventional Radiology  ·
Dr. John Lipman, MD is a vascular & interventional radiology specialist in Smyrna, GA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Georgetown University in 1985 and specializes in vascular & interventional radiology and diagnostic radiology.Read his story

3670 Highlands Pkwy SE

Smyrna, GA 30082

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Lipman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lipman's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Dr. Lipman performs Vascular Transcatheter Embolization more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Lipman performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Lipman treats Uterine Fibroids more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Lipman treats this condition more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Lipman's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Adenomyosis
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Classic Migraine
  • Uterine Fibroid Embolization
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebroplasty

A critical aspect of Dr. Lipman's mission includes educating the public about fibroids and UFE. Equally important, he helps other physicians become better informed about uterine fibroids and their treatment.
As a passionate speaker to...

• Vascular & Interventional Radiology

4.4

Dr. Lipman?
Dr. Lipman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Lipman, MD
Dr. Lipman is a knowledgeable and awesome doctor. I had the UFE procedure done about a year and 4 months ago, my cycles are still light with no cramping at all. Dr. Lipman was a blessing to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
I Love my doctor ??????calls his patients back, answer questions, very thorough, makes you feel so comfy, Best Fibroid doctor ever... I got a get well soon card in the mail signed by doctor and staff 1 week after my procedure WOW! I never had a doctor to do that, so uplifting and thoughtful...2 weeks out post opt UFE my stomach already started shrinking... can’t wait to see what I look like in 3 months... Thank you doctor for giving me a second chance to enjoy my life fibroid free...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
I’m extremely satisfied with my results my periods are now much lighter I wish I would have done the ufe sooner I was told by an gyn doctor that I needed an hysterectomy I recommend women to always get an second opinion before making an choice to have an hysterectomy. Thank you Dr. Lipman and staff I’m pleased... Tyleise Taylor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
I was not suffering with all the classic symptoms associated with fibroids but I was referred to Dr. Lipman for a consult. He went over my scan results and explained the UFE procedure in great detail. The procedure was a success and the recovery was quick with very little pain. I am glad to say that now I am symptom free and have my life back. Dr. Lipman and his staff were so caring. It was a great experience and I recommend any woman to consider this as a treatment option.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
My first impression was wow. The staff is very friendly and professional. Dr. Lipman is a just wonderful. I really can't think of any other way to put it. Everything was explained to me without me really having to ask. I am so happy that I decided to have the procedure done. I would recommend Dr. Lipman and this procedure to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Dr. Lipman was amazing from the initial visit via Skype because I lived 4 hours away to my surgery. He was very thourough in telling me exactly what he would be doing and what I was experiencing. I thought at age 27 with no kids I would have to have a hysterectomy but not with Dr. Lipman. He helped me through my situation of very heavy menstrual periods. To where I am now I feel much better no blood transfusions lighter periods energy. Overall my fibroids had me in a dark place but not anymore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Dr. Lipmas was very knowledgeable about my fibroids and adenomyosis. He took time to explain the procedure to me and answer any questions I had. The results of the procedure were beyond my expectation and greatly improved my quality of life. I would highly recommend this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Thank you Dr. Lipman and staff. My life has changed for the better in the most unexpected way. I am so thankful for Dr. Lipman and this procedure. I have my life back after fibroids!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Dr. Lipman and his staff are very professional and courteous. I received a thank you card from him and his staff, which was very thoughtful. My menstrual cycles are much lighter after the procedure. He explained and compared the MRI results with me thoroughly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Great results from the procedure. Short recovery. Friendly and helpful staff. Even when I’m late for my appointment always seen quickly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Meeting Dr. Lipman and having the UFE have given me back my quality of life. I no longer have heavy periods with an unmanageable flow and my stomach has shrunken.. I don't have to worry about "accidents." I had a myomectomy (removal of fibroids 10 years prior). The fibroids came back with a vengeance, but I wan't ready for a hysterectomy. My ob/gyn recommended.Dr. Lipman, He and his staff are so thorough, patient, and compassionate. I'm so overjoyed that I had the UFE because it worked!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
I want to thank Dr. Lipman and his staff for such great care during my UFE. I had been to several Doctors and all of them gave me only one option, Hysterectomy and considering the only problem I had were fibroids, I didn't understand why I needed a hysterectomy. Dr. Lipman came highly recommended by a friend who had the procedure over 10 years ago. After my surgery I received a follow up call and have been told my progress is going good and I feel so much better. I would truly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Dr. Lipman was very informative and very encouraging through out the process. His bed side manners are awesome and he has the most pleasant demeanor every visit. Even those things I didn't understand or concerns I had after procedure, He and his staff where readily available to answer any questions and make sure my understanding was clear.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Doris Upshur-Part 3 of 3 I was skeptical and fearful of having surgery, but now I’m happy that I had UFE. My recovery was short and pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Lipman and his staff. My only regret is that I didn’t have the procedure years earlier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
My Fibroid journey is over! I suffered from the agony of Fibroids for over ten years without any real hope for it to ever be over without a Hysterectomy. Now three months post UFE and I am alive again! My life doesn't consist of the suffering I endured for the nearly two weeks of my period or the two weeks dreading it's arrival. Dr, Lipman and the staff at Atlanta Interventional Institute took excellent care of my and gave me a new outlook on my future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
My experience with Dr. Lipman was amazing! He was very knowledgeable, personable and seemed to genuinely care about helping my situation. I struggled for years with severe fibroid symptoms and doctors told me that a hysterectomy was my only option . After meeting with Dr. Lipman I was so relieved when he said that I was a candidate for UFE. I scheduled my appointment right away and I am so glad that I did. Now 3 months later, my symptoms are nonexist and my monthly cycles are like night and day!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Dr. Lipman is a kind and caring doctor who spends a lot of time explaining the UFE procedure and answering questions. If you have fibroids, he is the doctor to use.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
Yes, I would recommend the procedure and seeing Dr. Lipman to family & friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
The first time I visited Dr. Lipman, I had very little knowledge of the UFE procedure and was frankly nervous about moving forward. Dr. Lipman is very knowledgeable and took the time to explain what was happening in my body and how UFE will help. He was patient and answered all of my questions. On the day of the procedure I received excellent care from the Nurses and Dr. Lipman. My spouse was coached on what to expect after the procedure and how to care for me. I am doing much better today.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipman, MD?
For several months I had been experiencing excruciating pain during my menstrual cycle. I was referred to Dr. Lipman , so I made the call. My MRI showed the cause of my excruciating pain is called Adenomyosis. I had the Uterine Artery Embolization (UAE) procedure. My first full cycle after the procedure, I had absolutely NO PAIN!!! I have referred everyone I know to Dr. John Lipman. He is truly an expert in this field and I’m thankful for his team and his healing hands.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lipman?

Insurance accepted

HealthPlus
inHealth
INTotal Health
Kaiser Permanente
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedHealthInsurance
Staywell (Wellcare)
WellCare
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lipman treats patients.