Dr. John Lipani, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 51

Dr. Lipani

Princeton Neurological Surgery

3836 Quakerbridge Rd Hamilton, NJ 08619

Dr. John Lipani, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Hamilton, NJ and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell and Capital Health Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lipani to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

See similar Neurosurgery Specialists in Hamilton

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Lipani accepts

Dr. Lipani accepts the following insurance:

Choice POS

Dr. Lipani's conditions and procedures:

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. John Lipani, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Lipani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lipani

Dr. Lipani?
My wife and I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Lipani. We had heard about Dr. Lipani and more than everything we heard and researched was true. The patient is the priority. He took time to explain so many questions I (we) had about my back (lower L5S1) and other lumbar issues. In fact, he explained something on the MRI (image) and looked at previous reports and called the imaging place since something was not picked up that was on previous reports. While I have a good Ortho Doc, Dr Lipani picked up and mentioned something to us that our Ortho Dr. never mentioned. My wife was amazed as well. Yes... visit, make and schedule an appointment with Dr. Lipani. I so appreciate Dr. Lipani. Going forward, this is where we will go. We also appreciate the staff, Kathy Bonner... friendly, helpful and much, much more.
Vincent Gimmelli – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Upon entering Dr. Lipani’s office I immediately feel that I was in the right place. You are welcomed by Kathy, the Clinical Nurse Manager, and without waiting I and my wife were brought into the examination room. Dr. Lipani enters and again, I instantly felt comfortable. Dr. Lipani spent time with me, listening to my medical problem and then began asking me questions and examining me. There was no rush or hurry on his part, and I felt he had all the time in the world for me. Dr. Lipani then began to explain what he thought was the problem and the different courses of treatment that I could consider and choose. My wife and I ask many questions and he answered each question in ways that were easy to understand. Then I was taken aback when he suggested treatment to be done by one of my previous doctors and he said the results would provide him with diagnostic information. I never experienced this before. He wanted to check on results provided outside of his office. Again, I felt he genuin
Edward Morrows – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I knew from my initial visit that Dr. Lipani was the Dr. that I was going to trust my life with. I knew coming for the consultation that he had incredible credentials, but what impressed me so was the calming effect he had on me even though he was explaining to me how serious my condition was and that I needed surgery.He called me twice to assure me that I was going to be ok since I honestly was so scared. Since the surgery I have been back to see Dr. Lipani and after two weeks he is very pleased with my recovery. Its a long road ahead of me but I am so thankful that I had Dr. Lipani do my surgery. Along with Dr. Lipani, Kathleen Bonner, his Clinical Nurse Manager was incredible as well. I called Kathleen numerous times leading up to surgery and she just like Dr. Lipani put my fears at ease. I highly recommend Princeton Neurological Surgery , P.C.
Wendy Griffin – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
After many years of believing there was nothing any doctor could do to alleviate my back pain, I was encouraged to meet with Dr. Lipani. I was not mislead. It was the best decision I could have made. His expertise, experience and compassion were incredible. He took the time needed during every visit, explained and review MRIs, x-rays and surgical options. He went over how the suggested surgery would be accomplished and let me know how my recovery would progress. I must mention Kathleen Bonner, Dr. Lipani's COO, Clinical Nurse Manager, was beyond excellent. Both Dr. Lipani and Kathleen were accessible any time I had a question or just wanted to discuss something. I also liked that they did not pressure me. I made the decision to have Spinal Fusion Surgery when I came to grips that it had to be done. I now feel like a new person and would highly recommend Dr. Lipani.
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Lipani. I had my surgery in June, so I'm still recovering. So far, I've had a great experience with him, when things could really have been bad for me and my life. During my first appointment he spent over an hour with me going over my MRI to determine where my trouble was. I was given his and Kathy's cell phone numbers so that I could call them any time with questions or concerns, and I did all him. I totally recommend seeing Dr. Lipani. I'm so happy I did!
Dotti in Asbury Park, NJ – Sep 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I cannot say enough about the tremendous care my wife has received from Dr. Lipani and his staff. At every turn they have been supportive and cooperative with both my wife's symptoms and needs and our schedules. They have done nothing but give to our family the entire time my wife has been under their care. Pushing beyond insurance struggles and time constraints they find a way to deliver the best care possible. Dr. Lipani and his staff will openly say that they treat their patients like fam
Jason – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Writhing in excruciating pain barely able to walk, sit or stand a trip to the ER revealed 3 herniated discs and imminent surgery. Enter Princeton Neurological Surgery, P.C. Kathleen, the Chief Operating Officer and Registered Nurse answered the phone and treated me like I was family. She immediately took all medical insurance information, scheduled an appointment in 6 days, assured me I will receive the utmost personalized care and a phone call from Dr. Lipani in 20 minutes. He called in 15 min
Neal Parisi in NJ – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I contacted Dr. Lipani by phone to discuss my father's condition and he is incredibly kind. He gave me his time, discussing my dad's condition and explaining the process of diagnosis for a condition that is not well known, and I am so grateful for his input and offer of further assistance. For anyone dealing directly with, or helping a loved one with a brain issue, I cannot recommend him highly enough for his expertise, patience and kindness in helping you deal with difficult conditions.
Philadelphia – Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr Lipani is dishonest and slimy. I went to him for a independant medical review and he threw me under the bus. From the t views he may be a good surgeon but he’s a company doctor who panders to the insurance companies. Be careful he may throw to binder the bus to look good to the insurance companies.
Shawn – Apr 16, 2018
This is a very unfortunate situation that...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani is the finest neurosurgeon!!! Compassionate, Caring, Down to Earth with his professionalism; he is the best! My son Alan, had an L-4/ L/5 Spine Fusion 7.5 hour surgery and I can not thank the "Great Doctor"/Surgeon for his deduction , Kindness and caring. His "Staff" is beyond reproach; they stood by me and my son to fight with the insurance company to pay the proper payment/benefits for the surgery. Kathy Bonner his office Manager RN is the "Best" May God Bless you and I thank you.
Alan Bauerle in Basking Ridge, NJ – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
What a Great practice, excellent communication with office and Dr. Lipani. He is a wonderful physician and person with impeccable skill and knowledge. I recommend him to anyone. Kathleen is a phenom! You do not meet people like this everyday and these are the people you want when you are looking for neurological services. They are superior.
Lawrenceville NJ – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani was the best! He was so kind and patient. He took the time to answer questions and was there for any questions or concerns I had after my surgery.
Stephanie G – Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
You could not find another Dr. Like Dr. Lpiani! You would not get the kind of care and time, Dr. Lapani gives his patients. He is the best of the best. His brilliant and percise review of your situation is so throughly thought out and reviewed that the confidence level in his being able to help you gives you a calming trust in him that he is doing what is best for the patient. He gives you the trust in him you need to get through your fear & totally trust him. He is a Mericle! Truly the Best!
Nany C. Illes in Cream Ridge New Jersey – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Lapani as he just spent about 25 minutes on the phone with me. He actually answered his own phone. I described why I was calling and with my permission, he even reviewed the MRI's that I had done previously. Not even knowing me personally, he listened intently and was very caring. I found Dr. Lapani to be a very nice person and very knowledgeable. What a great guy! He operated on a friend before and she said he did a great job. M
Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani and his R.N Kathy were life savers.. I had surgery done at another facility which almost let me paralyzed. He was able to get me walking again and on track to live a normal life.. I can't thank them enough for what they have done for me and my family.
Scott Vala in Hazlet, New Jersey – Apr 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I had surgery with doctor lipani in 2013. Fusion of my C3 C4 C5. It was a difficult time because I had complications from the surgery more than likely resulting from bodily stress or from the anesthesia which was administered. My healing took longer than expected due to these complications. Dr. Lipani and I had a difference of opinion on my progress. But I can tell you now three-and-a-half years later that my neck has healed perfectly. Thanks dr. Lipani. Great doctor.
R nisivocci in Barnegat – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Lipani! My entire experience with Dr. Lipani and his staff was exceptional.
Ivan Zarama in NJ – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
No words can't express my gratitude to Dr. Lipani and his caring, competent staff. The minute you meet him you feel at ease. He really listens to everything you tell him and takes it all to heart. He is friendly, compassionate and extremely thorough. If you need a neurosurgeon, Dr. Lipani is who you need. His Nurse Administrator, Kathy is a gem! Kathy is warm, helpful and knows the process of insurance issues better than anyone I know. She gets the job done, with a smile!
Sherri in New Egypt, NJ – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Highest recommendation! Dr. Lipani and staff were exceptional throughout. Beginning with the caring and knowledgeable nurse administrator, they gave us peace of mind from the start during a very stressful time. Dr. Lipani took unrushed time to thoroughly explain everything and answer all of our questions during the office consultation. The results of the spinal surgery were even better than expected with total elimination of pain and recovery of lost functionality.
CAB in West Windsor, NJ – Feb 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I was recommended to see Dr. Lipani for spinal fusion almost a year after a terrible fall. Initially, I treated with an orthopedist, physical therapist and pain management injections in my low back for 9 month to no avail. I am highly recommending Dr. Lipani to anyone who might be at the end of their rope; there is no need to suffer out of fear. Under Dr. Lipani and Kathy Bonner’s care you become one of the family.
M Ciresi in Hamilton, NJ – Dec 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lipani?

Princeton Neurological Surgery offers a group of highly trained professionals dedicated to providing world class neurosurgical care. Our Neurosurgeon, Dr. John Lipani specializes in both brain and spine surgery including minimally invasive techniques...Read more

• Neurosurgery

• BrainLab Community Neurosurgery Award, 2008
  • Cyberknife Society Physician Scientist Award for Brain Tumor Research, 2005
  • NIH Research Fellowship Award in Neuroscience, 1997

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Lipani communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lipani offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lipani offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lipani have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lipani offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lipani offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (609) 890-3400