Dr. John Lipani, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 52

Dr. Lipani

Princeton Neurological Surgery

3836 Quakerbridge Rd Hamilton, NJ 08619

Dr. John Lipani, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Hamilton, NJ and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Sackler School Of Medicine, Tel Aviv University medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell and Capital Health Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lipani to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Morristown Medical Center Morristown, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

Dr. Lipani treats this condition more than 40% of his peers

Dr. Lipani's conditions and procedures:

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Dural Tear
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Lipani accepts

Dr. Lipani accepts the following insurance:

Choice POS
Oxford Liberty

Dr. Lipani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lipani

Dr. Lipani

Dr. Lipani was my 8th+ spine/neurosurgeon who was the only one to solve the literal nightmare of 3 exponentially painful years of near bed bound spinal agony. Being post 5 surgeries and countless spinal procedures leaving me with no solutions, we were looking for palliative care when we were recommended to him by their home visit doctor due to being in my 30s. Before even seeing me in person, he saw my case and not only spotted what countless doctors were missing, but had a comprehensive breakdown over the phone with my wife and I that day about what to do. He not only had a great potential diagnosis of what was wrong, but a precise answering of hardware and procedure specific questions. Having cancer just prior to this, I had just about given up on life, and more so an end to the constant pain(which meds were barely helping at this stage and time was running out). My wife and I finally had hope. The procedures were agony(If I had him years ago it would not have been so horrible),
Sean – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani is a great listener and allows his patients to tell their story. He then reviews all your imaging and comes up with an honest course of action. He tells you exactly what to expect and also includes the risks and chance of success. He doesn't think anyone should have bad quality of life and I believe he genuinely wanted to help me. When he recommended a fusion to repair my unstable lumbar, I trusted him and knew right then I was ready to do this with him as my doctor. He was always available by phone to answer any questions before and after surgery. His nurse, Kathy, is also readily available to answer any questions and handled all my work related paperwork as well. Kathy is great. Dr. Lipani has great bed side manner and checked on me every day in the hospital. After surgery Dr. Lipani and Kathy continue to be as available, caring, and professional as before surgery. Dr. Lipani gives it to you straight and I appreciate that. He is the only doctor I traveled an hour to see.
Chris M. – Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani and his Nurse Kathy are very professional, friendly and made me feel comfortable before, during and after my spinal surgery. He will be my "go to" surgeon in the future.
John Libby – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
First, I will start by saying that the Chief Operating Officer/Nurse Manager Kathy Bonner was an excellent, helpful person in every way possible. She went above & beyond dealing with the insurance, paper work & etc. that was needed. If I had any questions she would answer them very quickly & definitely knew what she was talking about. The five stars & reviews made me make my decision to make an appointment & see Dr. Lipani. When I saw him I was on a wheel chair, crutches & excruciating pain on my back down my left leg. He listened to me, answered all my questions, reviewed my MRI & did an exam. We were in his office approximately 1 hour. He explained to me how he was going to perform the surgery and he was very confident & reassuring. He told me that I will be pain free & walking again the same day. This is exactly what happen. Dr. Lipani made himself available 24/7 post-op just in case I had any questions or concerns. I will recommend him to anyone.
Sebastiano De Candia – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
A friend had recommended Dr. Lapani to me since she had very successful spine surgery the prior year. I was anxious leading up to my initial visit but found both Kathy and Dr. Lapani’s demeanors were very calming. I never felt rushed and after we spoke about my condition for 45 mins, Dr. Lapani reviewed my medical records, did an exam and asked me many questions in which he carefully listened to my answers. Afterwards, he explained in detail how he could help me. Dr Lapani answered all my questions and I knew then, what a “rare find” this was; a reassuring, brilliant, unpretentious and confident neurosurgeon. My surgery was very successful, and I am no longer in pain. Dr. Lapani made himself available to me 24/7 post-op just in case I had any questions or concerns. I did call him once and was re-assured with his answer. I am very happy with the care I received from Princeton Neurological Surgery, and I can never re-pay this skilled surgeon for giving me my life back!
Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
The care I received from Dr. Lipani and Kathy, his head nurse, is unlike any I have encountered in my entire life. Dr. Lipani at every visit takes the time to listen and then thoroughly explain how he can help you. He truly cares about his patients and wants to fix what is wrong. He is there for his patients before, during and after surgery. I have never met a doctor that is willing to be on call to talk to his patients the way Dr. Lipani does. He has truly been an angel and is so incredibly genuine. Kathy is another invaluable component of the office. She makes sure that you NEVER have to wait for anything. She literally takes care of everything single thing that you need from insurance, hospital, appointments, you name it - it's done. I could never thank them both enough for everything they have done for me. Dr. Lipani is a very special man and amazing doctor that anyone would be incredibly lucky to have.
Gina Ulrich – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr Lipani is a very skilled surgeon besides being a very friendly and *accessible* physician. He allows his patients to contact him at home (and on a weekend) if they just had surgery and need help or have a question (which I did). He goes out of his way to help you, educate you about your condition and how it will be treated. His office is extremely helpful in dealing with insurance companies and setting up appointments for needed tested etc.
GARY C CALDERONE – Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
On June 10, I checked in at the hospital for my spinal fusion surgery. Everyone of Dr. Lipani’s staff in the OR are very nice, from the anesthesiologist and nurses. I woke up at the recovery room after the surgery and was brought to a room afterwards. I woke up the next morning and thank God that for the first time in many years, I am not feeling any pain in my back or any parts of my body. The operation is successful. It was a blessing to get to know Dr. John Lipani, who got rid of my pain and sufferings. Dr. Lipani came for his visit later that morning. I was too impressed because he gave me his time and attention to talked and explained about the operation and what is going to happen during my hospital stays. I believe Dr. John D. Lipani is the most qualified, experienced, caring, and compassionate surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. John Lipani to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon for their back problem. I am very fortunate to have Dr. Lipani as my surgeon.
J. Acuna – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
My wife and I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Lipani. We had heard about Dr. Lipani and more than everything we heard and researched was true. The patient is the priority. He took time to explain so many questions I (we) had about my back (lower L5S1) and other lumbar issues. In fact, he explained something on the MRI (image) and looked at previous reports and called the imaging place since something was not picked up that was on previous reports. While I have a good Ortho Doc, Dr Lipani picked up and mentioned something to us that our Ortho Dr. never mentioned. My wife was amazed as well. Yes... visit, make and schedule an appointment with Dr. Lipani. I so appreciate Dr. Lipani. Going forward, this is where we will go. We also appreciate the staff, Kathy Bonner... friendly, helpful and much, much more.
Vincent Gimmelli – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Upon entering Dr. Lipani’s office I immediately feel that I was in the right place. You are welcomed by Kathy, the Clinical Nurse Manager, and without waiting I and my wife were brought into the examination room. Dr. Lipani enters and again, I instantly felt comfortable. Dr. Lipani spent time with me, listening to my medical problem and then began asking me questions and examining me. There was no rush or hurry on his part, and I felt he had all the time in the world for me. Dr. Lipani then began to explain what he thought was the problem and the different courses of treatment that I could consider and choose. My wife and I ask many questions and he answered each question in ways that were easy to understand. Then I was taken aback when he suggested treatment to be done by one of my previous doctors and he said the results would provide him with diagnostic information. I never experienced this before. He wanted to check on results provided outside of his office. Again, I felt he genuin
Edward Morrows – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I knew from my initial visit that Dr. Lipani was the Dr. that I was going to trust my life with. I knew coming for the consultation that he had incredible credentials, but what impressed me so was the calming effect he had on me even though he was explaining to me how serious my condition was and that I needed surgery.He called me twice to assure me that I was going to be ok since I honestly was so scared. Since the surgery I have been back to see Dr. Lipani and after two weeks he is very pleased with my recovery. Its a long road ahead of me but I am so thankful that I had Dr. Lipani do my surgery. Along with Dr. Lipani, Kathleen Bonner, his Clinical Nurse Manager was incredible as well. I called Kathleen numerous times leading up to surgery and she just like Dr. Lipani put my fears at ease. I highly recommend Princeton Neurological Surgery , P.C.
Wendy Griffin – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
After many years of believing there was nothing any doctor could do to alleviate my back pain, I was encouraged to meet with Dr. Lipani. I was not mislead. It was the best decision I could have made. His expertise, experience and compassion were incredible. He took the time needed during every visit, explained and review MRIs, x-rays and surgical options. He went over how the suggested surgery would be accomplished and let me know how my recovery would progress. I must mention Kathleen Bonner, Dr. Lipani's COO, Clinical Nurse Manager, was beyond excellent. Both Dr. Lipani and Kathleen were accessible any time I had a question or just wanted to discuss something. I also liked that they did not pressure me. I made the decision to have Spinal Fusion Surgery when I came to grips that it had to be done. I now feel like a new person and would highly recommend Dr. Lipani.
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Lipani. I had my surgery in June, so I'm still recovering. So far, I've had a great experience with him, when things could really have been bad for me and my life. During my first appointment he spent over an hour with me going over my MRI to determine where my trouble was. I was given his and Kathy's cell phone numbers so that I could call them any time with questions or concerns, and I did all him. I totally recommend seeing Dr. Lipani. I'm so happy I did!
Dotti in Asbury Park, NJ – Sep 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I cannot say enough about the tremendous care my wife has received from Dr. Lipani and his staff. At every turn they have been supportive and cooperative with both my wife's symptoms and needs and our schedules. They have done nothing but give to our family the entire time my wife has been under their care. Pushing beyond insurance struggles and time constraints they find a way to deliver the best care possible. Dr. Lipani and his staff will openly say that they treat their patients like fam
Jason – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Writhing in excruciating pain barely able to walk, sit or stand a trip to the ER revealed 3 herniated discs and imminent surgery. Enter Princeton Neurological Surgery, P.C. Kathleen, the Chief Operating Officer and Registered Nurse answered the phone and treated me like I was family. She immediately took all medical insurance information, scheduled an appointment in 6 days, assured me I will receive the utmost personalized care and a phone call from Dr. Lipani in 20 minutes. He called in 15 min
Neal Parisi in NJ – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
I contacted Dr. Lipani by phone to discuss my father's condition and he is incredibly kind. He gave me his time, discussing my dad's condition and explaining the process of diagnosis for a condition that is not well known, and I am so grateful for his input and offer of further assistance. For anyone dealing directly with, or helping a loved one with a brain issue, I cannot recommend him highly enough for his expertise, patience and kindness in helping you deal with difficult conditions.
Philadelphia – Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr Lipani is dishonest and slimy. I went to him for a independant medical review and he threw me under the bus. From the t views he may be a good surgeon but he’s a company doctor who panders to the insurance companies. Be careful he may throw to binder the bus to look good to the insurance companies.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Shawn – Apr 16, 2018
This is a very unfortunate situation that...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani is the finest neurosurgeon!!! Compassionate, Caring, Down to Earth with his professionalism; he is the best! My son Alan, had an L-4/ L/5 Spine Fusion 7.5 hour surgery and I can not thank the "Great Doctor"/Surgeon for his deduction , Kindness and caring. His "Staff" is beyond reproach; they stood by me and my son to fight with the insurance company to pay the proper payment/benefits for the surgery. Kathy Bonner his office Manager RN is the "Best" May God Bless you and I thank you.
Alan Bauerle in Basking Ridge, NJ – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
What a Great practice, excellent communication with office and Dr. Lipani. He is a wonderful physician and person with impeccable skill and knowledge. I recommend him to anyone. Kathleen is a phenom! You do not meet people like this everyday and these are the people you want when you are looking for neurological services. They are superior.
Lawrenceville NJ – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?
Dr. Lipani was the best! He was so kind and patient. He took the time to answer questions and was there for any questions or concerns I had after my surgery.
Stephanie G – Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Lipani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lipani?
Provider explaining information to patient