Dr. John Lavelle, DO

Dr. John Lavelle, DO

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. John Lavelle, DO is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Read his story

1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 100

Knoxville, TN 37916

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Lavelle

See how frequently Dr. Lavelle performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Spondylosis

Dr. Lavelle's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lavelle's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lavelle " Dr. John Lavelle, a graduate of the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, completed his extensive training during an internship at St. Vincent Hospital at Worcester Medical Center, and his residency at Boston University Medical Center where he served as chief resident. Dr. Lavelle completed his fellowship in Spine and Musculoskeletal Physiatry at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, with a focus on conservative spine management and interventional spine procedures. Dr. Lavelle is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, member of the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, where he served as national resident council president during his final year of residency and currently is on the board of trustees. Dr. Lavelle looks forward to time spent on his farm with his wife, a urologist, and their three children; he also enjoys playing sports such as baseball and hockey. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee. "

This content was provided by Dr. Lavelle "As a Spine Physician, Dr Lavelle utilizes a science-based approach focusing on nervous system adaptation to reduce spinal pain and disability therefore restoring function and improving patient's quality of life. This conservative approach includes a detailed physical exam and imaging to determine the specific cause of the symptoms, exercise prescriptions to allow the patient to resume activities, use of spinal injections as needed, as well as patient-specific education on their spinal condition."

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Non-Surgical Orthopedics
  • Spine Physiatry

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation*

• Adhesive Capsulitis

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• College of the Holy Cross
  • Boston University Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Lavelle has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lavelle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lavelle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lavelle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lavelle to family and friends
Dr. Lavelle's Performance
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Lavelle is truly an outstanding doctor and a person of great character. He listens to the patient and then treats the patient with great care. I am most fortunate that my primary care physician recommended him with high praise. As a patient with severe spinal stenosis, he has given me relief from pain that nobody else was able to do. I cannot say enough about how wonderful he is.
Hello J. Brown, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.
in La Follette, TN |
I reviewed Dr. Lavelle and gave him a positive review. However my review reads "I won't recommend Dr. Lavelle, but I meant to say I WOULD recommend Dr. Lavelle.
Dennis, thank you so much for the positive review! Thank you for clarifying! Have a great day!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Lavelle explained in excellent detail what I needed and how he was going to do the injection. It was quick and "mostly" painless. I lost no time doing anything due to the injection!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Lavelle is a straight shooter, tells you like it is without dragging out a lot of visits. Takes time to listen to you and answers your questions. Very much liked him and would recommend him.
in Corryton Tn |
Wonderful person and doctor.. listens to pts
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Lavelle and his staff took great care of me when I came into the office for my neck injection. They are courteous and caring. The nice girl who brought me back to my room could tell I was nervous and she had nothing but kind words to say. The assistant in the procedure room took great care in making sure I was ok. I would tell anyone to go see this amazing doctor.
Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about Dr. Lavelle, and our staff!
in Knoxville, TN |
Since being referred to Dr. Lavelle in October 2016, he has worked with me in every way possible to help with my pain issues due to degenerative arthritis. He is so professional, caring and eager to help people. I think the most important thing is he cares about you as a patient. One of the best things that has ever happened to me is seeing him for my problems.
Patsy Huffaker, thank you so much for the positive review!
Powell, TN |
Dr Lavelle did surgery on my lower back. I am now pain free and can get back to normal activities. He took his time and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend him.
in Andersonville, TN |
Dr Lavelle very good about listening to everything I have to say and answers all my questions. I never feel like he's trying to rush me and I've not had an appointment where I've had a long wait.
Sevierville,Tn. |
I was impressed with the level of knowledge in diagnosing my problem before looking at the MRI, then looking at the MRI to confirm his diagnosis. The treatment he did worked and he never had me keep coming in for visits when we had done all we could for my issue. Later when I needed further treatment he was as professional as before.His honesty with me will keep me as his patient for my cervical spine problem.
in Loudon, TN |
I have been seeing Dr.Lavelle for arthritis problems. I like the fact that he listens and we make a plan together. He refers me to other TOC MDs when necessary and I feel that the care I am getting enhances my quality of life.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Lavelle diagnosed my problem in the first office visit. Pinched nerves in my spine that had been debilitating pain for three years. The next week he did a test procedure to make sure that was the problem and the next week he did another procedure and fixed it. Dr. Lavelle gave me my life back. The staff and nurses in Dr. Lavelle's office and surgery are friendly and professional. I wasted three years going to doctor's who did nothing before I found Dr. Lavelle. You can't do better.
in KNOXVILLE TN |
Dr. Lavelle is always very positive and honest about my particular condition. His manner is very calm and comforting. Answers any and all questions I may have at each visit in his office as well as before any injections. I have had great improvement with his treatment of my spinal stenosis and can do much more physically after having his suggested treatments. I look forward to continuing to work with Dr. Lavelle in the future and am so thankful that he is practicing here in Knoxville, TN
Have you seen Dr. John Lavelle, DO?

Visit Dr. Lavelle

Carelink HMO
  • EmblemHealth
    GHI PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Guardian
    DentalGuard Preferred
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MetLife