Dr. John LaGrand, MD

Gynecologic Surgery ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. LaGrand

Advanced OBGYN

230 Michigan St NE Ste 102 Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Dr. John LaGrand, MD is a gynecologic surgery specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1994 and specializes in gynecologic surgery, obstetrics & gynecology, and more.

Dr. LaGrand accepts

Dr. LaGrand accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Blue Care Network
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Guardian
Priority Health
Priority Health HMO
WellPoint

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. LaGrand's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. LaGrand's Top Procedures and Conditions

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. LaGrand treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 90% of his peers

Dr. LaGrand treats this condition more than 90% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abnormal Menstruation

• Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • da Vinci® Gynecologic Procedure
  • da Vinci® Hysterectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

It is my job to not only take care of my patients, but to make sure they understand what is happening to and for them. Educating and guiding through all the choices and decisions that must be made in today's complex medical world is just as important...

• Gynecologic Surgery

1.2820512820512822%

Dr. LaGrand?
Dr. LaGrand's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John LaGrand, MD
Awesome physician! He is a pioneer for single incision laparoscopic procedures. He repaired my pelvic prolapse issues, and I experienced no complications whatsoever. He’s extremely knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is the most kind & compassionate OB-GYN’s I have ever been to & his skill is unmatched. I had a single incision laparoscopic hysterectomy & bladder lift at age 36 due to uterine prolapse. He spent so much time with me and my husband answering all of our questions and held my hand as I went into surgery. His genuine care and concern for me as a patient for the last 10 years is why I highly recommend him. He is truly the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is a kind, compassionate and highly trained specialist. His time and care before, during and after surgery are what make him stand out from the rest. Dr. LaGrand performed a minimally invasive complete Hysterectomy through the belly button with such care that I virtually have no scarring and had very little pain. He explained the procedure in simple terms with some humor spread in. I would recommend him to any one who is looking for a specialist while going though menopause.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Absolutely worst OB I’ve ever been to. Not only did Dr. LaGrand make me cry at my first apt, he belittled my midwife and tried to scare me that I was “going to end up with a child who would need care for the rest of their lives” I had a ultrasound a few weeks later, that I never got results for (it’s been a month now) AND they contacted my private midwife to tell HER they were dropping me as a patient, and to not plan on going to my apt/ultrasound the next day. I was told by John that even if I
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is a wonderful doctor! He listens, he is so knowledgeable. He did an amazing job, I healed so well and so fast! I highly recommend him. Well worth a two-hour drive for me to go to his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
I had multiple surgeries with Dr. LaGrand and he was one of the best doctors I have had. He had wonderful bedside manner and helped to put any of my fears at ease. He also spent as much time as I needed at an appointment explaining things and understanding my thoughts and fears. He is the only doctor in the area I know of to do certain procedures mainly thru the belly button. His staff was wonderful to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is by far the best doctor I have been to. He loves what he does and it shows. His level of skill, care and teaching are unparalleled. He even throws in some humor to help me stay at ease. My hysterectomy went flawlessly, and I appreciate the education and care every step of the way. Dr. LaGrand came recommended to me and I will continue to recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
My purpose in writing this, is to let you know that Dr. John LaGrand is an excellent and experienced surgeon. Dr. LaGrand preformed my minimally invasive complete hysterectomy at the age of 65, due to prolapse. I was filled with apprehension about the procedure, until my consultation. He explained my situation and exactly what needed to be done. My surgery went well, with minimal pain. My regret, is that I waited so long. I wanted a better quality of life and Dr LaGrand gave me that- don’t wait!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is THE BEST doctor I have ever worked with. He is very caring, compassionate, and helps you get to the root of the problem! He makes everything very clear and easy to understand, and is very thorough. He makes you feel very valued as a person, and not just like "another patient". He is very attentive to your needs and makes himself available should anything come up that needs immediate attention. I would HIGHLY recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LeGrand was excellent! I had a total hysterectomy and bladder repair at age 44, something I was not expecting at this age. He was down to earth, explained things well, and showed that he cared. 6 months prior to this surgery I had back surgery with blood clot complications. I was very nervous about having another surgery, but Dr. LeGrand helped me feel comfortable and at peace. I had no issues recovering and everything has gone smoothly. I highly recommend him as a a surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
i am not the type of person that is great with words. but john has the best bed side manner. his great knowledge of his field is amazing. You could voice any concern you may have and he will tell you the honest facts. John has been my doctor for the last 21 years. i have had 4 kids and one dnc. my final story is ended with a total hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. he is just an amazing person inside and out. you could never find another obgyn that cares that much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
After seven months of pain and distress due to a fibroid, doctors who were not able to help me, and a failed surgery by another doctor, my friend referred me to Dr. LaGrand. He was able to remove the fibroid, using minimally invasive surgery, which wasn't an option others could offer. He is a caring doctor and excellent surgeon, and I am so thankful and relieved to feel healthy again. I wish I could have found him initially, to feel better for my July wedding however I am so thankful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
After a hysterectomy didn’t alleviate my cyclic abdominal pain, I started my own internet research. I was sure I had Scar Endometriosis. My OB said it was just scar tissue and sent me to PT. PT didnt work, so I got a second opinion with my PCP. After a CT scan came back negative, I was referred by a friend to Dr. LaGrand. I told him I thought it was Scar Endometriosis, and he agreed. He performed surgery and found and removed a mass of Endometriosis. He is an excellent surgeon! So grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr LaGrand has an amazing professionalism and understanding. He made me feel I was in good hands and safe at all times. He took the time to explain the diagnosis, surgical procedures, risks in a very clear and direct way. He also took the time to listen and answers my questions and concerns. I am very satisfied with Dr. LaGrand's work and valuable experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Loved my experience with Dr. LaGrand! He has an excellent bedside manner, he listens, he explains in detail and explains in a way that I could understand. What I experienced and loved the most was that I never felt rushed out of the office. I felt I was the only patient in the office. Dr. LaGrand cares and he’s an excellent doctor. I’m so glad to have had my surgery with him. I was in excellent hands of a skilled surgeon. The staff in the office are all helpful and courteous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. La Grand is a very caring person and takes time to explain in detail what your problem is and how he is going to fix it. I had a Uterovaginal prolapse which he told me was very common in elderly females. He explained what it was and then showed me a detailed diagram of what it looked like now, what it should look like when in normal position. He then proceeded to explain how he was going to make it the way it should be. He was willing to take the time needed to answer all of my questions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is absolutely fantastic. I had been to many other OBGYN practices around the area, and Dr. LaGrand was finally able to take on my problems and complaints and help me in finding a solution. He took an extraordinary amount of time with me to explain, answer questions and ensure that I thoroughly understood what was going on. His practice and office staff are also phenomenal and incredibly responsive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr. LaGrand is amazing! Very knowledgeable and understanding to patient needs. He spent close to an hour with me asking questions and just getting to know me. He eventually performed my hysterectomy using the DaVinci robot. It was done as an outpatient procedure and I was able to go home the next day. Great recovery and I went back to work after just a couple of weeks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
Dr LaGrand's care is unmatched. The first thing he asked me was how I was doing. Tell me what's going on with you? When was the last time a Dr. genuinely cared about how things were going with you and LISTENED intently. He was gentle, understanding and he believed me when I told him my essure coils were making me sick. He took care of me and I didn't have to wait six months of back and forth to get relief. Dr. LaGrand should be the standard of our Healthcare Professionals, not the exception.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John LaGrand, MD?
I highly recommend Dr John LaGrand. Every interaction with him has been great! He is very thorough and takes the time to answer every question that I had and explained the procedure (surgery) that he was going to perform in depth along with expectations for recovery. I had surgery 1-30-2018 and needed pain meds only until the following day. My incision is only in my belly button so literally no scars! He is an outstanding surgeon, very skilled and up on the latest technology.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. LaGrand?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. LaGrand treats patients.