Dr. John Kuo, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 51

Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. John Kuo, MD is an Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Keck School Of Medicine Of The Univ Of Southern California in 2000. He is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. John Kuo, MD

UCLA OB/GYN Consultation Suite

200 UCLA Medical Plz Los Angeles, CA 90095

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Kuo's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Fallopian Tube Disorders
  • Family Planning Services
  • Female Infertility
  • Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cancer Screening
  • Ovarian Diseases
  • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Kuo accepts

Dr. Kuo accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
WellPoint

Dr. Kuo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kuo

Dr. Kuo is the unicorn of fertility doctors!
My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Kuo. He is the unicorn of fertility doctors! His office is a boutique IVF office that offers specialized individual care. The big difference between Dr. Kuo and other IVF Doctors is that he spends so much time with each of his patients. After every appointment, even simple blood draws he sits down with you and goes over all your questions and concerns. He also pays attention to all the little details to best optimize each cycle so you are getting the most for your money. He really looks out for his patients wallets which is VERY rare.  He also gives you his direct cell phone number that you can text 24/7 and he responds quickly no matter if it's the weekend or late at night. Dr. Kuo is also at every one of your appointments even on weekends and holidays. He also calls you with test results the same day if they are available. On top of that his office staff is AMAZING, especially Eliana. We are now pregnant with our first child thanks to Dr. Kuo.
Elizabeth H. – Jan 31, 2023
Excellent care and expertise
Dr. Kuo is extremely knowledgeable and was meticulous in our care. He was patient and supportive throughout the entire process. He has an excellent staff that made if feel like a family. They went above and beyond to support us.
AC – Jan 29, 2023
Best doctor
Dr. Kuo genuinely cares about you as a patient and your success on your fertility journey. He is also patient and respectful of your decision-making in the fertility journey process. Dr. Kuo gave us options that were suitable for us even though they may not be the most revenue generating for him. His top-notch skills made all the procedures painless. After trying a couple rounds of IUI, we were finally ready to start the IVF process, but to our surprise we got pregnant on our own right before we started that cycle! Dr. Kuo continued to diligently care for us through the first 10 weeks even though we got pregnant naturally. He is always accessible by cell phone whenever we had questions or concerns and got back to us quickly. We have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Kuo and his entire office! They have been caring, supportive, and an integral part of our fertility journey.
Jan 24, 2023
BEST IVF DOCTOR
BEST IVF DOCTOR, Dr. Kuo.If you are desperate to have a baby and want the best odds, go to Dr. Kuo – IVF Fertility Center.  He has the most knowledge and treatment for IVF.  We failed at HRC (which is an average clinic) after 4 retrieval cycles and 2 failed transfers.  My wife and I decided to give it one last shot.  We researched best IVF doctors through all the available data, personally interviewed 7 doctors in Los Angeles, and selected Dr. Kuo.  All the other posts about his services and treatment are completely valid based on our experience.  From our experience, the key to success with IVF is to improve egg/sperm quality, and doctor to provide guidance/analysis to determine any adjustments to your body needs and treatment.  Dr. Kuo provides the BEST in the industry. Also, Blue gives special care and 24/7 responses via text.  Her support throughout our journey should not go unnoticed. We are very fortunate to have a baby on the way.  Thanks much Dr. Kuo and Blue.
Jan 09, 2023
Thank you Dr.Kuo!
My wife and I tried one cycle of IUI, and one cycle of IVF here and reached our goal of 10 weeks pregnant this week. For various reasons, the whole process from the consultation to our goal completion lasted close to a year. The patience and care we received from the entire IVF center during the process was impressive, and I appreciate Ms. Blue's fun and caring approach to my wife, and Dr. Kuo's professionalism and patience made us feel comfortable and natural during the ultrasounds and other procedures throughout the cycle. Please trust me that they are available after hours to answer any questions you may have. I believe this is of utmost importance to every couple hoping to conceive!From general blood draw, ultrasound, egg retrieval, sperm test. ivf fertility Center has Dr. Kuo and Ms. Blue to accompany you, as well as a professional laboratory for collection and procedures. Leaving your hopes in the hands of Dr. Kuo and Ms. Bule is reassuring. Thank you again to all the staff.
Adian – Oct 03, 2022
Amazing IVF Experience
Dr. Kuo and his staff are beyond amazing! So #1, we have a beautiful 2 year old boy and I am 14 weeks pregnant with his little brother. So 2 successful transfers! #2 They are communicative and run on-time!! Dr. Kuo messages me directly as soon as my most recent labs post to review my results, make medication changes ect. We have never waited more than 10 minutes! Ever!! If he is "running behind" the front office lets you know so you never feel like you've been forgotten. Dr. Kuo and his team are personable and they feel like family by the time you complete your journey with them. The office looks brand new, super clean, modern and the surgical center (egg retrieval, embryo transfer) is right downstairs from his office. We recommend Dr. Kuo to anyone who is looking for the best experience possible in a not so great situation. Having fertility issues is tough but they make it so much easier We literally love these people!
Aug 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is the best fertility doctor I have met. Look no further!Not only he gave us our baby(10 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!)but he was the most detailed and caring fertility doctor i've seen!On the first appointment he spent about 1 hour to go through our fertility history and discuss options.He is the only doctor, who actually performs all of the ultrasounds.Dr. Guo provides his patients with his personal contact number, If I have any questions, he will answer them patiently.And all the team is amazing,Blue was our nurse and she arranged everything for us ,she was wonderful. And Amy, she's great too. She's the nurse who draws the blood. She's very professional. love the facility, everything looks clean. We got pregnant in our first try with them. We are so happy and thankful we found them. They are the best!
ZHIYING PEI – Aug 05, 2022
Best IVF Doctor
I cannot express the difference it makes when your doctor treats you like a human being instead of the next check on a checklist. Dr. Kuo and his talented team have created by far the most welcoming, knowledgeable, and comprehensive medical practice that I have ever experienced. My husband and I very recently graduated at 10 weeks pregnant! It has been a challenging process, but throughout, I never once doubted that we were in good hands. Dr. Kuo has created a team of extremely supportive and friendly people who take the time to make you feel welcomed and valued.
Kendra – Jul 18, 2022
The Best Doctor
We just graduated from Dr. Kuo's IVF clinic and we are 10 weeks pregnant. After years of trying with other clinics, we found out about Dr. Kuo online and we are SO glad that we found him. From start to finish, everything was top notch. They were so accommodating to our appointment time. He also gives you his personal number and email during the process so if there are any questions or concern, he is there to answer it. Then there is Blue, who was just as wonderful throughout the whole process. She explained to us what was going to happen and gave us a lot of input on what she thinks, which helped us out tremendously. She was so much more excited that we had graduated which show how much she was invested in us. Overall, everyone at the office was great, from the front ladies to all the nurses as well as Martin. The experience couldn't have been better. I would recommend Dr. Kuo to anyone having infertility issues.
Apr 20, 2022
The best Ivf Doctor!
I have amazing experience going through my first IVF, I don’t even have a bruise, everything went super smooth, and I believe it’s because I had the best doctor! All his staff was so nice and he been there for me 24/7. I get pregnant from first transfer. I’m so grateful. Thank you
Oksana S – Mar 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
We had the best experience with Dr.John Kuo IVF Fertility. Dr.John Kuo is extremely knowledgeable, patient, caring and a loving doc. And Blue is very nice and patient. They always made us feel comfortable and at ease through the entire process. It was our first try of IUI and I got pregnant. I felt so lucky and I am so thankful that I had Dr.John Kuo and Blue’s support along the way. We definitely recommend Dr. John Kuo IVF Fertility, best price, best service.
CT – Dec 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
My wife and I couldn't have been more pleased with the service at Dr. Kuo's office. Our experience with Dr. Kuo, Eliana and the rest of the team was always so pleasant! I feel like Dr. Kuo is so passionate about his work and it truly shows. Not to mention, this energy is reflected by his staff. Plus, we always got prompt responses from their office regarding any questions we had. His attentiveness to your case is what made my wife and I feel so comfortable. This was especially helpful, since you are already reaching out to him about such a vulnerable arena. I always felt secure knowing Dr. Kuo's elite experience in the field of infertility. He was able to listen to our story and helped us greatly with our ability to expand our family! If you need an IVF doctor, look no further than Dr. John Kuo!!!
Dave R. – Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
We did our first round of IVF and had a great experience with Dr. Kuou and his staff. Blue was very kind and detailed with her explanations. I always appreciated it because the entire process is so overwhelming. She's such a warm, funny, and gregarious nurse. Judith was an amazing phlebotomist! She never bruised my arm like in other places. Dr. Kuo is very attentive and detailed. He goes over your chart with grade detail. The best part was having a group chat on WeChat where we could ask questions and get responses quickly. I was always seen promptly for appointments which is important because I was going to appointments during my lunch break. We are currently pregnant after our first transfer thanks to Dr. Kuo and his wonderful staff.
Sophia – Jun 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo and our patient coordinator, Blue, were amazing while we were under their care. They were both very kind and truly care for their patients. Our experience was an extremely positive one. For any questions or concerns, Dr. Kuo and Blue would respond promptly. There was also no wait time at the office and office staff were friendly as well. Dr. Kuo was detailed and thorough when treating us, prescribing medications and reviewing our plan of care. We’ve had experiences with other fertility physicians and Dr. Kuo and his staff are hands down above and beyond.
Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
It has taken me some time to formulate the right words to reflect my true gratitude and admiration for Dr. John Kuo and his awesome team. My journey to becoming a parent (like many of you that may be reading this) has been a long, arduous, physically, financially, and emotionally taxing one. After an unsuccessful first round of IVF at a nearby large clinic, I stumbled upon Dr. Kuo’s practice to see about trying IVF another time. Admittedly, the long wait time to have my initial consultation with him was daunting. But, I am so glad I decided to wait as it was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my life. To sum up my time with Dr. Kuo and characterize him as a doctor, I’d say that he is absolutely stellar and a true blessing. The true definition of a consummate professional and awesome human being. He is exceedingly meticulous, patient, and a true perfectionist (just to find a few positive words to describe him, as there are certainly plenty more).
Vickey B. – Oct 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo has the best possible experience, and he is providing me with the highest quality of care in this challenging and stressful process. He has always been very professional and knowledgeable in all of our dealings with him. Dr. Kuo's heart is in his work: dedication, attention to detail, warmth and professionalism are what defined Dr. Kuo and his team. The technology used in Dr. Kuo's clinic is the most advanced and state of the art equipment in any medical facility I've seen. Dr. Kuo gave me his personal call phone number, and he provided a personal touch and been extremely helpful with any needs we had. I enjoyed receiving the VIP treatments provided by Dr. Kuo. I am very happy that I have found the best doctor out there. Dr. Kuo made my dreams come true.
David – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo and his staff are amazing. My husband and I are so glad that we found them and was able to complete a cycle of IVF with them. Dr. Kuo is exceptional at what he does. He is thorough with his examinations and takes his time to explain to you all the medical terms and why he's taking a certain approach. I've done IVF overseas and ended in a miscarriage. I've also consulted with numerous doctors in SoCal and left the office unsure if I wanted to proceed. After the initial consultation with Dr. Kuo, I knew we just had to go with him and so glad that we did. IVF with FET was a success and currently pregnant.
apai – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
My husband and I are so fortunately to have found Dr. Kuo. Dr. Kuo is very detailed and the whole team is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Kuo sees us in every single visit and performed all the procedures himself. We also have his cell number so in case we have any questions. He answered our text almost right away regardless of the time. I ended up only had one embryo so Dr. Kuo suggested doing an ERA cycle. Guess what ? I am pregnant with my one and only embryo ! We can’t thank Dr. Kuo and all his staff enough for their professionalism, friendliness, and kindness. They made this very emotional journey so much smoother. We are so grateful!!!
Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
My husband and I are extremely fortunate to have used IVF Fertility Center and Dr. Kuo. We were introduced to Dr. Kuo through a relative. We are glad to say both of our families have babies on the way. Dr. Kuo is supported by a handful of knowledgeable and friendly nurses that all have worked at other treatment centers. We had positive experiences with every one of them, especially Blue. She is very nice and helpful. She always cheers me up. Dr. Kuo's Pasadena clinic is very clean and has the most updated ultrasound equipment. We highly recommend Dr. Kuo for those that are considering fertility treatments and feel that we could not have had a better experience anywhere else. The process is long and often times there are challenges so it is critical to have a doctor that you trust. We are very grateful to Dr. Kuo and his staff.
Cecilia – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
We got the fortunate to work with Dr. John Kuo for our IVF treatment and strongly believe he is the best IVF specialist in the Greater Los Angeles area and one of the top in the U.S., for his outstanding professional skills, rich experience and selfless devotions to his patients and career. Dr. Kuo puts most of his time and energy into patients, and makes every great effort to each success of “the miracle”. He gives his personal contact information to every patient and would reply your questions and concerns anytime in a timely manner, which makes the whole process more smoother and assured. It is really rare to see a doctor like him with such dedications. Finally after one cycle treatment, we have successfully fulfilled our wishes. Dr. Guo’s clinic is very pleasant, both locations are nice and comfy. Everyone works here likes family member! We are very impressed with Martin's enthusiasm and kindness, Blue's professionalism and tender care... We would give 10 stars if we can.
Baby_sweetbabies – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kuo?

Dr. John Kuo graduated from the Keck school of medicine at the University of Southern California (USC) in 2000. Dr. Kuo continued his medical training...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Columbia University
1993
Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons

• Chinese

• Women's Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) K12 Grant, National Institutes of Health, 2007-2010
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2009
  • Reproductive Scientist Development Program (RSDP) K12 Grant, National Institutes of Health and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceutic, 2010-2012
  • Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2011
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2010
  • Superb Doctor - Rated 10 out of 10, Avvo Inc., 2012
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2012
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2011
  • Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2010
  • Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2012
  • Superb Doctor - Rated 10 out of 10, Avvo Inc., 2011

• Kuo J. Case #7 - Hypothyroidism; Case #12 - Contraception: Depo-Provera; and Case #16 - Menopause: Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment., 2007
  • Rapkin AJ, Kuo J. Neurotransmitter Physiology: The Basics for Understanding Premenstrual Syndrome., 2007
  • Micevych P, Kuo J, Christensen A. Physiology of membrane oestrogen receptor signaling in reproduction., 2009
  • Jain JK, Kuo J, Mishell DR Jr. A comparison of two dosing regimens of intravaginal misoprostol for second-trimester pregnancy termination., 1999
  • Kuo J, Hariri OR, Bondar G, Ogi J, Micevych P. Membrane estrogen receptor-alpha interacts with metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a to mobilize intracellular calcium in hypothalamic astrocytes., 2009
  • Kuo J, Micevych P. Neurosteroids, trigger of the LH surge., 2012
  • Kuo J, Hamid N, Bondar G, Prossnitz ER, Micevych P. Membrane estrogen receptors stimulate intracellular calcium release and progesterone synthesis in hypothalamic astrocytes., 2010
  • Kuo J, Hamid N, Bondar G, Dewing P, Clarkson J, Micevych P. Sex differences in hypothalamic astrocyte response to estradiol stimulation., 2010
  • Fassett MJ, Bohn Y, Kuo J, Wing DA. Longitudinal evaluation of activated protein C resistance among normal pregnancies of Hispanic women., 2000
  • Kuo J. Membrane estrogen receptor-alpha interacts with metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a to stimulate intracellular calcium release and progesterone synthesis in female hypothalamic astrocytes., 2011
  • Kuo J, Hariri OR, Micevych P. An interaction of oxytocin receptors with metabotropic glutamate receptors in hypothalamic astrocytes., 2009
  • Jain JK, Nicosia AF, Nucatola DL, Lu JJ, Kuo J, Felix JC. Mifepristone for the prevention of breakthrough bleeding in new starters of depo-medroxyprogesterone acetate., 2003
  • Jain JK, Kuo J. Pregnancy outcomes with increased clomiphene citrate dose., 2004
  • Micevych P, Bondar G, Kuo J. Estrogen actions on neuroendocrine glia., 2010
  • Bondar G, Kuo J, Hamid N, Micevych P. Estradiol-induced estrogen receptor-alpha trafficking., 2009
Less...