Dr. John Kuo, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Kuo

UCLA Ob Gyn Dept

200 Ucla Medical Plz Los Angeles, CA 90095

Dr. John Kuo, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Keck School Of Medicine Of The Univ Of Southern California medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kuo to book an appointment.

Dr. Kuo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kuo

Dr. Kuo?
It has taken me some time to formulate the right words to reflect my true gratitude and admiration for Dr. John Kuo and his awesome team. My journey to becoming a parent (like many of you that may be reading this) has been a long, arduous, physically, financially, and emotionally taxing one. After an unsuccessful first round of IVF at a nearby large clinic, I stumbled upon Dr. Kuo’s practice to see about trying IVF another time. Admittedly, the long wait time to have my initial consultation with him was daunting. But, I am so glad I decided to wait as it was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my life. To sum up my time with Dr. Kuo and characterize him as a doctor, I’d say that he is absolutely stellar and a true blessing. The true definition of a consummate professional and awesome human being. He is exceedingly meticulous, patient, and a true perfectionist (just to find a few positive words to describe him, as there are certainly plenty more).
Vickey B. – Oct 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo has the best possible experience, and he is providing me with the highest quality of care in this challenging and stressful process. He has always been very professional and knowledgeable in all of our dealings with him. Dr. Kuo's heart is in his work: dedication, attention to detail, warmth and professionalism are what defined Dr. Kuo and his team. The technology used in Dr. Kuo's clinic is the most advanced and state of the art equipment in any medical facility I've seen. Dr. Kuo gave me his personal call phone number, and he provided a personal touch and been extremely helpful with any needs we had. I enjoyed receiving the VIP treatments provided by Dr. Kuo. I am very happy that I have found the best doctor out there. Dr. Kuo made my dreams come true.
David – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo and his staff are amazing. My husband and I are so glad that we found them and was able to complete a cycle of IVF with them. Dr. Kuo is exceptional at what he does. He is thorough with his examinations and takes his time to explain to you all the medical terms and why he's taking a certain approach. I've done IVF overseas and ended in a miscarriage. I've also consulted with numerous doctors in SoCal and left the office unsure if I wanted to proceed. After the initial consultation with Dr. Kuo, I knew we just had to go with him and so glad that we did. IVF with FET was a success and currently pregnant.
apai – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
My husband and I are so fortunately to have found Dr. Kuo. Dr. Kuo is very detailed and the whole team is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Kuo sees us in every single visit and performed all the procedures himself. We also have his cell number so in case we have any questions. He answered our text almost right away regardless of the time. I ended up only had one embryo so Dr. Kuo suggested doing an ERA cycle. Guess what ? I am pregnant with my one and only embryo ! We can’t thank Dr. Kuo and all his staff enough for their professionalism, friendliness, and kindness. They made this very emotional journey so much smoother. We are so grateful!!!
Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
My husband and I are extremely fortunate to have used IVF Fertility Center and Dr. Kuo. We were introduced to Dr. Kuo through a relative. We are glad to say both of our families have babies on the way. Dr. Kuo is supported by a handful of knowledgeable and friendly nurses that all have worked at other treatment centers. We had positive experiences with every one of them, especially Blue. She is very nice and helpful. She always cheers me up. Dr. Kuo's Pasadena clinic is very clean and has the most updated ultrasound equipment. We highly recommend Dr. Kuo for those that are considering fertility treatments and feel that we could not have had a better experience anywhere else. The process is long and often times there are challenges so it is critical to have a doctor that you trust. We are very grateful to Dr. Kuo and his staff.
Cecilia – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
We got the fortunate to work with Dr. John Kuo for our IVF treatment and strongly believe he is the best IVF specialist in the Greater Los Angeles area and one of the top in the U.S., for his outstanding professional skills, rich experience and selfless devotions to his patients and career. Dr. Kuo puts most of his time and energy into patients, and makes every great effort to each success of “the miracle”. He gives his personal contact information to every patient and would reply your questions and concerns anytime in a timely manner, which makes the whole process more smoother and assured. It is really rare to see a doctor like him with such dedications. Finally after one cycle treatment, we have successfully fulfilled our wishes. Dr. Guo’s clinic is very pleasant, both locations are nice and comfy. Everyone works here likes family member! We are very impressed with Martin's enthusiasm and kindness, Blue's professionalism and tender care... We would give 10 stars if we can.
Baby_sweetbabies – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
My husband and I had our first child through IVF and we wanted to have a second child. After trying again for over two years we knew it was time to go see a specialist again, but we wanted another dorctor because although we successfully achieved our first pregnancy we did not care for our first doctor and the way he treated us. So we searched for a specialist with good reviews that showed he truly cared for his patients. That's how we found Dr Kuo. He does have a long waiting list and even thou
Pasadena, CA – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo set up a WeChat group with me and my husband when we first met and address all issues concerning my pregnancy 24/7 afterwards in a timely manner. Dr Kuo treats us as his own family member. I really appreciate his professionalism. In two days, my pregnancy will be ten weeks. I strongly recommend Dr. Kuo. He is the best IVF doctor in town!
Y Zhao in HACIENDA HTS, CA – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Aside from being an expert in his field and very meticulous, the most outstanding quality about Dr. Kuo is that he is truly committed to giving each and every one of his patients 100% of his attention and care. He works so tirelessly for that reason and that’s why his success rate is so high. I am 12 weeks 4 days pregnant and the embryo transfer worked on the first try. I am incredibly grateful to Dr. Kuo and his amazing staff. Thank you for giving me this miracle. #feelingblessed
Tram in CA – Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is very professional in fertility treatment of IVF. He is patient and dedicated and treats every patient as well as his family. He has a clear and decisive mind, treatment skills, so that you will not feel pain at all, and he will give the appropriate treatment according to different patients, he will explain clearly, give the patient respect and self-selection. I really recommend Dr. Kuo to you who wants to do IVF. Dr. Kuo is the right doctor for you.
Bonnie Ma in Walnut, CA – May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is hands down the best doctor I've ever had. He completely exceeded my expectations in every way. I had consults with ten REs before choosing Dr. Kuo, and it was the best decision I made all year. He is like a concierge doctor with reasonable prices. He goes above and beyond to make sure that you have success. He's honest and truly wants the best for you. He works around the clock so that you can have your baby miracle.
South Pasadena, CA – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is a great doctor. He is very kind and very knowledgeable in this profession. He is great at responding to emails and even text messages. I am 13 weeks pregnant and seeing my own OB at this time and he still responds to any questions I have. His office staff is also very nice and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Kuo.
Veronica M. in CA – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is a very good doctor. He is so nice ,professional and knowledgeble. I just have one cycle of ivf treatment and now i am pregnant with twins. Thank you so much Dr.kuo ,without your help i won't pregnant so fast.
Liting Liang in Rosemead.CA – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo was the most caring and attentive doctor I have ever had. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy 2 weeks ago and that would have not been possible with out his help. Everyone who was with me for this journey was amazed at how much time he spent explaining things and how hands on he was. At my transfer he took his time even staying and talking to us, which I heard is not the norm for doctors. Even when I was released to my OB he still answered questions and helped me.
Ashley M in Las Vegas, NV – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is truly an outstanding doctor in so many ways. I was diagnosed with PCOS, making my pregnancy particularly challenging. After years of seeing other fertility doctors, a friend recommended Dr. Kuo and it was one of the best things that happened in my life. I've come to realize that not all doctors are equal, Dr. Kuo's great attention to detail, intricate planning, and meticulous execution make the world of difference. I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a strong and healthy fetus.
Karen P in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is an exceptional physician and provides the kind of care that I have not experienced with other doctors. He is available via email and cell phone. He personally performs all ultrasounds and personally calls with all test results. He does not rush through appointments and answers all questions. For patients like me who have gone through the trauma of years of infertility, having a doctor like Dr. Kuo who is knowledgeable, caring and gentle makes the experience so much more easier.
Irene S. in Albuquerque, NM – Sep 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Dr. Kuo is an exceptional doctor and we're lucky that we had him for our IVF. He is courteous, humble, cares about his patients, works 7 days in a week with no holidays/vacations, answers our text messages and phone calls in a timely manner. Most importantly, he knows what he is doing. IVF was no fun, but having a caring and knowledgeable doctor made it more relaxing for us. Now I'm 9 weeks pregnant! Highly recommend.
Flora Z. in Yorba Linda, CA – Sep 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
I am 42 years old and when other doctors told me my chances of getting pregnant with my own eggs was slim to none, he didn't lose hope in me. I am 11 weeks pregnant! Dr. Kuo and his staff are extremely caring, always responsive and knowledgable. He is the only doctor I know who gives out his personal cell phone. He works 7 days a week and is always on call. He also performs all the ultrasounds himself. He's incredible and the only IVF Dr. I would ever recommend!!!!
Michelle R in Carlsbad, CA – Aug 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Kuo and his staff; Eliana , Michelle. Leanne , Adaure. At IVF Fertility Center, you receive personal attention and care at every visit. . He is definitely the most friendly and skilled fertility specialist you can find in Los Angeles .
Tina in Temple City, CA – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?
Great compassionate doctor who really listens and responds quickly. Truly great doctor!
emily in Atlanta, GA – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kuo?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Keck School Of Medicine Of The Univ Of Southern California
1993
Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons

• Chinese

• America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2010
  • Superb Doctor - Rated 10 out of 10, Avvo Inc., 2011
  • Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2012
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2009
  • Women's Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) K12 Grant, National Institutes of Health, 2007-2010
  • Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2011
  • Superb Doctor - Rated 10 out of 10, Avvo Inc., 2012
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2012
  • Southern California Super Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2010
  • America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Reproductive Endocrinology, Consumer's Research Council of America, 2011
  • Reproductive Scientist Development Program (RSDP) K12 Grant, National Institutes of Health and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceutic, 2010-2012

• >Rapkin AJ, Kuo J. Neurotransmitter Physiology: The Basics for Understanding Premenstrual Syndrome., 2007
  • >Kuo J. Case #7 - Hypothyroidism; Case #12 - Contraception: Depo-Provera; and Case #16 - Menopause: Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment., 2007
  • >Jain JK, Kuo J, Mishell DR Jr. A comparison of two dosing regimens of intravaginal misoprostol for second-trimester pregnancy termination., 1999
  • >Kuo J, Hariri OR, Bondar G, Ogi J, Micevych P. Membrane estrogen receptor-alpha interacts with metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a to mobilize intracellular calcium in hypothalamic astrocytes., 2009
  • >Micevych P, Bondar G, Kuo J. Estrogen actions on neuroendocrine glia., 2010
  • >Kuo J, Hamid N, Bondar G, Dewing P, Clarkson J, Micevych P. Sex differences in hypothalamic astrocyte response to estradiol stimulation., 2010
  • >Kuo J, Hamid N, Bondar G, Prossnitz ER, Micevych P. Membrane estrogen receptors stimulate intracellular calcium release and progesterone synthesis in hypothalamic astrocytes., 2010
  • >Jain JK, Nicosia AF, Nucatola DL, Lu JJ, Kuo J, Felix JC. Mifepristone for the prevention of breakthrough bleeding in new starters of depo-medroxyprogesterone acetate., 2003
  • >Fassett MJ, Bohn Y, Kuo J, Wing DA. Longitudinal evaluation of activated protein C resistance among normal pregnancies of Hispanic women., 2000
  • >Kuo J, Micevych P. Neurosteroids, trigger of the LH surge., 2012
  • >Bondar G, Kuo J, Hamid N, Micevych P. Estradiol-induced estrogen receptor-alpha trafficking., 2009
  • >Kuo J. Membrane estrogen receptor-alpha interacts with metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a to stimulate intracellular calcium release and progesterone synthesis in female hypothalamic astrocytes., 2011
  • >Micevych P, Kuo J, Christensen A. Physiology of membrane oestrogen receptor signaling in reproduction., 2009
  • >Jain JK, Kuo J. Pregnancy outcomes with increased clomiphene citrate dose., 2004
  • >Kuo J, Hariri OR, Micevych P. An interaction of oxytocin receptors with metabotropic glutamate receptors in hypothalamic astrocytes., 2009
Less...