Dr. John Kuhn, MD

Dr. John Kuhn, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery  |

Dr. John Kuhn, MD is an otolaryngology-head and neck surgery doctor who practices in Oklahoma City, OK. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Kuhn is affiliated with Community Hospital and Integris Baptist Medical Center.

BOARD CERTIFIED-EARS,NOSE & THROAT SPECIALIST

• Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
  • GlobalHealth, Inc.
  • HealthChoice

Learn about Dr. Kuhn

I enjoy taking care of people with Ears, Nose and Throat problems. Being in practice for 30 years, my ultimate goal is to diagnose, provide adequate treatment and make recommendation to other form of treatment if necessary.

Dr. Kuhn's Experience

Dr. Kuhn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology

• Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Laryngology
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Otology
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Abscess
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Tension Headache
  • Throat Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Tinnitus
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Kansas University
  • 1985 To Present
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Fellow Of American College Of Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Kuhn has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Kuhn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuhn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kuhn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuhn to family and friends
Dr. Kuhn's Performance
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Absolutely the best ENT I have ever seen. Finally a Doctor that will listen to his patients.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I saw Dr. Kuhn to remove a trachea that I had for ten months. He was very courteous and professional and I immediately had confidence in him, His office staff is amazing. Very friendly and professional. I recommend Dr. Kuhn very highly.
in oklahoma city, ok |
Great office staff. Dr Kuhn pays close attention to me as a patient and my concerns. He fully explains his treatment. He takes the time necessary to make sure you understand or he has answered your questions.
Oklahoma City, OK |
We love Dr. Kuhn and all of his staff! The atmosphere is so inviting. First time parents having to put our 9 mo old daughter under for tubes is a very uneasy adventure! Dr. Kuhn and staff put us at ease and helped us make the right choice with our daughters ear issues. She smiles every time we go into his office. He went over all options and what the outcomes could be. We felt very good about our decision in the end and she is a happy 10 mo old with ears that will finally drain properly!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
My wife and I are both patients of Dr. Kuhn. We think he is wonderful! He performed a septoplasty on me for a badly deviated septum last fall. Everything went fine. He is direct and honest but kind. I like the way we are treated when we visit his office. He and his staff are upbeat and friendly. He spends plenty of time with me- I never feel like they are in a hurry to get us out of there. If we call with an urgent problem, we usually get in the same day. Thank you Dr. Kuhn!
in Norman, OK |
Excellent doctor. Easy to talk to and would highly recommend.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I have been treated By Dr. Kuhn over the past 20 years he is very competent and works hard to diagnose the problem. His staff is also Great to work with. Makes the experience more pleasant when dealing with cheerful courteous people.
Oklahoma City, OK |
This was my first visit with him and I was embarrassed with what I was going thru. He made me comfortable while I'm explaining what the problem was and he did an excellent job, and in fact he made a joke about it and made me more relaxed. I will definitely come back and recommend him.
Oklahoma City, OK |
This is just the physician I was looking for; experienced, concerned, willing to listen & the commitment to the profession of healing. Listen up!!! This is the guy for ears, noseys & throats! Yeah Dr. John R Kuhn, M. D.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
My son had nosebleeds for years. I was afraid it would take a surgery to stop the constant nosebleeds. Dr Kuhn explained everything to my son and me so well; what caused them and how he could perform an office procedure that would eliminate them. Dr. Kuhn did the procedure that day, my son had no pain and healing went perfectly.
Oklahoma City, OK |
My experience with Dr. Kuhn and his staff has been excellent. His staff worked diligently to get my procedure approved in a shorter time than normal. Maria went above and beyond getting the things that were needed to complete my surgery. After surgery, was having some issues, Dr. Kuhn spent some time on the phone with me on a Sunday, and then worked me in for an office visit on Monday morning. His attention to my care was very much appreciated. Would recommend him to my friends and family.
Los Angeles, CA |
I'm from CA visiting my family in OK when I got a really bad sinus infection, I can't breath through my nose. I called his office & explained to the staff that I'm just visiting. They got me in right away even if the schedule was full. I saw the dr & got scheduled for CT then Dr Kuhn showed pictures of my sinus & patiently explained what he recommends. My surgery was done the following week. Now I can breath through my nose! A big Thank you to Dr Kuhn & his staff for this efficient service!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Last week I took my daughter to see Dr. Kuhn for a problem she was having with her throat. The staff was very kind and helpful. Dr. Khun did a thorough check of her throat. We were very satisfied with our visit.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
THANK YOU DR. KUHN FOR OPERATING ON MY DAUGHTER'S TONSIL AND SINUS. SHE'S NO LONGER TURNING BLUE. SHE'S FINALLY BREATHING GOOD AND THE SNORING DISAPPEARED. YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR CREW THEY'RE NICE LADIES TOO. THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE ENT DOCTOR LIKE YOU!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
After I moved to Oklahoma I contacted Dr Kuhn's office for my recurrent tonsil issues. The staff were extremely helpful - they scheduled me quickly and were very friendly when I came in for my appointment. Dr Kuhn was very thorough, immediately found a problem that other doctors had not. My surgery was scheduled for the next week and I have not had a single problem since! Thanks Dr Kuhn & staff!
Stillwater, OK |
Dr. Kuhn and his entire office are highly professional, caring and compassionate. I would not go anywhere else for care.
in Wellston, OK |
I have been seeing Dr. Kuhn For my ears and sinus problem for so many years and I can attest that he is a good trustworthy doctor. He is brief and precise and NO BS . He is worth every penny. He's office staff are very friendly and helpful too. I will definitely recommend Dr. Kuhn.
in Weather ford, ok |
Dr. Kuhn by far is the best ENT in OKC. He operated on me and my husband's sinuses. We both used to snore really bad and can't breath through our nose. Thank God we found Dr. Kuhn. He did some miracle. He doesn't have a magic wand but sure has an expert hand! Highly recommended!
Boise City, OK |
Dr. Kuhn is the not only a good ENT surgeon but a very honest guy. You can easily tell in his character the first time you meet him. I highly recommend this doctor.
Norman, OK |
Obviously just out to make money. All I did was go in for a basic checkup to see if anything can be done to improve my breathing. He recommended surgery but seemed to be in a hurry not really answering all my questions. The office staff wouldn't even tell me if it would be covered by my insurance. They just wanted to quickly schedule it and push me out of there. Then they tried to charge me $200 just for seeing me! Don't waste your time.
Norman, OK |
I can't say enough about Dr. Kuhn and his staff. Easy office to get into and was very friendly.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
HAPPY TO FINALLY FOUND A ENT DOCTOR WHO IS SO HONEST. I CAME IN AS NEW PATIENT HAD ALL THESE PAIN SYMPTOMS THAT WOULDNT GO AWAY. I SAW DR. KUHN CHECK MY EARS, NOSE AND THROAT AND COULDNT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME OTHER THAN A TMJ! I KNOW IT WILL COST ME $$$ TO GET AN MRI. SO I DID. I WENT TO SEE THE TMJ DOCTOR HE RECOMMENDED AND SURE IS MY HEADACHES AND FACIAL PAIN WENT AWAY. DR. KUHN'S OFFICE STAFF ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE, TOOK CARE OF THE REFERRAL ASAP. HE'S MY MIRACLE DOCTOR. HE'S THE BEST!!
Guthrie, OK |
Waste of copay. He spent less than 5 min with me. Looked in my ears and up my nose and told me he didn't know what was wrong but it had nothing to do with my allergies or migraines. Well, if you don't know what's wrong, then how do you know it's not my allergies or migraines. He didn't offer options or tests. He didn't suggest us trying different things or anything. He just gave my name to another doctor. Very disappointed. My new doc said I DID need a hearing test but THIS doc said I did not.
in Depew, Okla |
This Doc is the best...period. No if ands or BUTTS...And he makes you laugh.
in OKC, ok |
Dr. Kuhn performed my daughters tonsilectomy along with removing her adenoids. He was absolutely wonderful. She is a very hyper child so I was worried he would become frustrated with her inability to sit still and communicate with him. He never once showed frustration. He was very kind and gentle. He also went into great detail over the procedure with us and made us very comfortable. I would highly recommend him. In fact, my oldest daughter will be going to see him soon as well.
in Edmond, OK |
Dr. Kuhn is a great surgeon and I was very pleased with the outcome. Great recovery, hardly any pain. No issues with my insurance or billing, everything has been smooth sailing which is very much appreciated.
in Bethany, OK |
Dr. Kuhn has provided tremendous relief for my seasonal allergies. I am so grateful of his work. He takes everything I say seriously and is very diligent and thorough with his treatment plans. I appreciate the attention to detail and accuracy his billers have as well, they called me once to tell me I had a credit refund mailed out to me before I was even aware of the credit balance due. That was a nice surprise!
in Tuttle, OK |
Not only did Dr. Kuhn do a fantastic job with removing my tonsils and adenoids but his billing company was SO helpful when it came to all of my questions regarding insurance. They took care of everything and made it so much easier! Very friendly staff all the way around and I had pleasant experience from start to finish and would highly recommend Dr. Kuhn for anyone needing a tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Kuhn is the BEST surgeon I have EVER had! I am so glad I finally have sinus and allergy relief, it feels good to breathe again! The entire process from scheduling to making a payment was very easy, prompt, and reliable.
in OK |
Dr. Kuhn was the best doctor eve However, their billing service will not tell you when you have a credit. "The only time you get an invoice is if you owe them money." Quote straight from the billing office. Prepayment is required for his surgeries, if that amount is greater than what insurance negotiated price is you will not hear from them for the refundable amount until you contact them and ask for it. Seems funny they want paid in a timely matter but don't mind if you don't get paid back.
in Daytona Beach |
Dr. Kuhn is by far unmatched in professionalism, caring, understanding and knowledge in providing the best treatment I have ever received in the 45 plus years of persistent ear issues beginning in my early adult years. I highly recommend Dr. Kuhn for anyone's ENT issues.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
A letter from a happy patient: I want to personally thank you for all you have done since 2008. You have always been there for me. I will truly miss your friendship, professional caring service and kindness both you & your office staff showed me for the last 8 yrs. You were the best doctor who knew what I needed and knew how to make it work for me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If I ever have issues with vertigo or any ENT issues, I will call on your expertise. You're the best !
Lahoma, OK |
He has many years of experience. He is the only physician that I could find in Oklahoma City that would do the surgery I needed, and is very good. I would not hesitate to recomend him.
in Moore, OK |
Dr. Kuhn Is currently my hero. After a minor surgery I developed a very sore tongue, and the pain progressed until it was unbearable. After suffering for 6 weeks and treatment by four different doctors I finally got to see Dr. Kuhn. The other doctors prescribed pain medication and suggestions but nothing positive. When I say Dr. Kuhn he was very positive in approach, analyzed the problem for what it was, prescribed the correct medication and remedied the problem in 3 days. Way to go Dr. Kuhn.
Oklahoma City, OK |
I have never met a nice Doctor like him. I was so sicked at one time and he even saw me on his day off bec. he'll rather take care of my issue so I dont end up in the ER during the weekend. Who does that? I owe my life to this Doctor! He is so caring and can tell that he love what he does. You can tell he cares about his patients, he's honest and practical. Highly recommend! He's got the best staff too. Ive been to too many doctor's offices and they're not near close to what Dr. kuhn's.
Have you seen Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Are you Dr. Kuhn?

Gold Plus Choice PPO
    Gold Plus HMO
    Humana POS
    Humana PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare