Dr. John Kuhn, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat •  Male • Age 65

Dr. John Kuhn, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kuhn has more experience with Upper Respiratory Conditions, Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery, and Otologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Kansas / School of Medicine medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with medical facilities Integris Baptist Medical Center and Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kuhn to book an appointment.

Board Certified-ears,nose & Throat Specialist

New Patient?
John R. Kuhn MD3555 Nw 58th St Ste 100 Oklahoma City, OK 73112
    • Sat: closed

Dr. Kuhn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kuhn

Dr. Kuhn?
What People Say About Dr. John Kuhn, MD
I underwent a very complicated sinus surgery with Dr. Kuhn on March 20th, 2020 and have had excellent results. Dr. Kuhn and his staff both pre / post surgery have been awesome. Very courteous, professional and timely. A big thanks not only to Dr. Kuhn but his staff: Maria, Maricel and Tonya
May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Dr. Kuhn is very nice and acts just like the rest of us! He talks to you very relaxed and in ways that you can understand. He does surgery to truly help you, not just to make money! I am five days post op and feel amazing! In fact, I cleaned the house when I got home from the hospital (after food and sleep of course!). He can usually get new patients in within a few days and the wait time in his waiting room is always less than 10 minutes and once you get to the exam room, it’s less than 5! He comes highly recommended by me!
Lacey, 35, OKC – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kuhn by my PCP, and have been extremely pleased with him and his staff. They are very kind and attentive, and were there for me when I had complications (caught a stomach bug during my recovery). Dr. Kuhn and his staff took my questions and concerns seriously, and directly and quickly resolved them, even going out of the way to help me get my medications. Dr Kuhn was quick and skillful, very accessible for emergencies, and has a wonderful beside manner; also his personality is very real. Unlike some Doctors, you actually feel like you're talking and connecting with a real person. Dr. Kuhn and his staff never made me feel like a pain or a burden, and were very kind. I wish he was a GP, not just an ENT specialist!
Aaron Craiger – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Was referred by family doctor. Dr. Kuhn has small office so this was different compared to most doctors. Nothing flashy, just 100% great service. From making appointments to the follow up visit everything was great. His seat side manners were better than any other Dr. I have been to. When I asked questions he not only told me, but sat down pulled out medical books & showed me what, why, and how he was going to help me. The book explains a lot I didn’t know. Surgery went better than expected & appearance improvement was outstanding. He doesn’t mind speaking with you, unlike other doctors that talk at you. He smiles when he discusses treatments. His staff was very good. Maria & Maricel handles nursing duty and office duties. All insurance paperwork was done on time & accurately. There were no surprises with insurance or any payments I needed to make. Everything was explained and verified before any work was done. I will & have already reconmended him & he will be helping my wife.
Chris marlowe in Oklahoma , OK – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Dr. Kuhn is the best in my opion I was having trouble breathing and he has made it to where my husband has had to wake me cause my breathing has in proved and I dont snore. Mary and Marie was wonderful as well they was so friendly and made sure I understood everything. So impressed
Hope Baugh – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
For the first time in 34 years, I visited the doctor's office without having to wait an hour+ to be seen. Dr. Kuhn & his staff (Maria is awesome) make me feel right at home each time I go to their office. They are direct, yet friendly (no beating around the bush here), and create a treatment plan right away without overcomplicating the whole process (this has been my experience elsewhere). As someone who hates to go to the doctor, it's nice feeling like I've finally found a physician who treats patients - not just symptoms. I'm one week post-sinus surgery and already feel confident that I made a great decision in trusting Dr. Kuhn with my health. Thanks for your exceptional service, Dr. Kuhn! You remind me of Robin Williams ??.
Rose in Oklahoma City – May 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I went to see a previous ENT doctor by the name of Dr. Orgill. Long story - 3 surgeries (7.5 hours under the knife)in a 16 month window. I was told I was the worst patient he had ever seen. About 5 years after all this, I decided to see Kuhn. In a 45 minute procedure he fixed my deviated septum and found a bone 5x larger than the average person's in my nasal canal. He changed my life. I used to have sinus episodes literally every day whether it be runny nose, stopped up, or hacking and coughing.
Marshall Golowenski in Yukon, OK – Dec 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I was very pleased with the "bedside" manor of Dr. Kuhn and his staff was very helpful and congenial. He addressed my problem very well and showed me to have interest in my problem. Highly recommend him for this type of medical assessment.
Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Went to Dr Kuhn for a swollen gland; he took his time explaining what was going on and even answered questions I had about an unrelated problem. His staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Would definitely recommend!
Kelly in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I have and will continue to refer friends and family to dr kuhn. He and his staff are absolutely amazing to work with.
Carol Brown in Oklahoma City, OK – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Dr Kuhn has been absolutely wonderful! Would recommend him to anyone. Two young daughters with chronic ear issues. The staff has been wonderful - going above and beyond to ensure medications and refills were in, even late on a Friday afternoon. Pleasant and professional. Girls love going to visit Dr Kuhn, Mari, and Maria
Feb 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Great ENT and Staff! This doctor is 63 y/o But he looks like he's only in his 40'sh. You can tell he takes care of himself, well built man! But most importantly, he's an excellent surgeon with great bedside manner. I can now breathe and smell everything. So happy I found this place. He's staff are so nice,friendly and obviously enjoys working for this doctor.I tell you folks, you'll never find doctors office like this. Highly recommend.
J. L in edmond – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
My experience with Dr. Kuhn and his office staff has been nothing but wonderful. The quality of care I have received before, during, and after surgery was top notch.Dr. Kuhn has always answered all of my questions, and he listens when I have had concerns. The office staff is warm, caring, and professional. The facility is always clean and comfortable. When I have an appointment at 9 a.m., that is when I see the doctor. The wait time is always minimal I would definitely recommend him to anyone!
Yukon – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Dr. John Kuhn is the best. I had breathing issues and also snored. I have been seeking help for the last 10 to 12 years with no results. Some said I had to lose weight and I am 135lbs, I saw Dr. Kuhn and from the first visit he knew what to do. He did my surgery months ago and not only I can breath better but I also stopped snoring. Thank you Dr. Kuhn. Although I was not a very nice patient during recovery but he was still a good doctor and took care of ,me. I so appreciate him.
P. Moore in Edmond, OK – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Outstanding by far the best ENT ever!! Very professional atmosphere all around from nurses, staff, and Dr. Kuhn. Dr. Kuhn really takes time answering your questions and explains what is best for you. Most importantly I would recommend Dr. Kuhn to everyone even children in need of and ENT. Dr. John R Kuhn is by far the best of the best. I am so thankful that he did my adult tonsillectomy my life is so much better thanks to Dr. Kuhn and his staff. Thank you, Laurin Vickrey
Laurin Vickrey – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Dr. Kuhn is a professional, straight forward, concise, and very skilled ENT surgeon. His staff is incredibly friendly, personal, and helpful throughout the process. Maria and the other members of his staff helped me find an insurance plan to help me get the surgery I needed, and even offered other options like payment plans to allow me to finally get the medical treatment I needed. It was always a pleasure dealing with them, and you would be wasting your time if you went anywhere else.
Connor Bowlan in Oklahoma City, OK – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I noticed that I could not breathe very well from my left nostril, it had been going on for about a year. A previous surgery 10 years ago had caused my left nostril to collapse. Here's what makes Dr. Kuhn very different from most doctors today - he actually examined my nose and then he sat down and talked to me like a human being. Informed me of my options and I decided to have surgery. From the first appt to the post surgery appt, his staff is fantastic and I can breathe again! He's Awesome!
Daniel B in Oklahoma City, OK – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kuhn by a dentist who had seen me after I visited with a sleep dr and after 2 sleep studies. When I called they were able to see me the very next week. When I saw the doctor he was so kind and soft spoken and made me feel so comfortable. He is the best. He examined me and told me two things to do for a week and then return. I returned in 7 days, had surgery, noticed 4 hours later I could breathe thru my nose. Amazing kind man with a staff that is so caring, helpful.
Sherrie Kimmel in Oklahoma City, OK – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
Absolutely the best ENT I have ever seen. Finally a Doctor that will listen to his patients.
Vicknair Randy in Oklahoma City, OK – Aug 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?
I saw Dr. Kuhn to remove a trachea that I had for ten months. He was very courteous and professional and I immediately had confidence in him, His office staff is amazing. Very friendly and professional. I recommend Dr. Kuhn very highly.
Shirley G in Oklahoma City, OK – Aug 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Kuhn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kuhn?

Dr. Kuhn accepts

Dr. Kuhn accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Gold Plus Choice PPO
Gold Plus HMO
Humana POS
Humana PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicare
UMR
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.

Typically treats 82% more than their peers

Acute Sinusitis

Dr. Kuhn treats Acute Sinusitis more than 89% of their peers

Dr. Kuhn treats this condition more than 89% of their peers

Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.

Typically treats 65% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)

Dr. Kuhn performs Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty) more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Kuhn performs this procedure more than 94% of their peers

Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates

Dr. Kuhn performs Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Kuhn performs this procedure more than 92% of their peers

Intranasal or Sinus Procedure

Dr. Kuhn performs Intranasal or Sinus Procedure more than 87% of their peers

Dr. Kuhn performs this procedure more than 87% of their peers

Otologic Care

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.

Typically treats 53% more than their peers

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Broken Nose
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Chronic Laryngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Common Cold
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Laryngitis
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Oral and-or Facial Cleft
  • Oral Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wound Repair

I enjoy taking care of people with Ears, Nose and Throat problems. Being in practice for 30 years, my ultimate goal is to diagnose, provide adequate treatment and make recommendation to other form of treatment if necessary.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat