Dr. John Krause, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Krause

The Orthopedic Center of St. Louis

14825 N Outer 40 Rd Ste 200 Chesterfield, MO 63017

Dr. John Krause, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chesterfield, MO and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic foot & ankle surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Krause

3.3

54.90196078431372%

Dr. Krause?
Dr. Krause's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Krause, MD
Dr. John Krause is AMAZING! He did a fantastic job on my leg/ankle. He’s very friendly and kind. He understood my frustration being a Firefighter with a broken leg. His staff is AWSOME too! They are very efficient and I never had a long wait time. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Krause! Thank you guys for getting me back walking and back to Firefighting! I owe you my life!!! You’re a ROCK STAR!!! My HERO!! (They also got me in right away with any hiccups that popped up.)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Very efficient consultation. Was not even finished with my paperwork when I was escorted back to see the physician. Dr Krause was very friendly and explained the fracture in my foot and the situation. Was brief but efficient in consultation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
I have absolutely only good things to say about my experience since the moment I called Dr. Krause’s office. The person answering the phone was amazing & compassionate. Dr. Krause was willing to get me in quickly and from the moment he appeared, his professionalism & obvious experience provided me with such confidence in him and his ability to give me a chance at a complete recovery from my injury. He & All his staff and associates at the surgery center have been A++!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Dr Krause has always been wonderful to deal with! I have seen him for various issues with my feet over the years and he has always given me the best advice. He is open, friendly and honest on what he believes to be the best course of action. He listens to my concerns and offers me options on how to best deal with them. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
I was born with club feet and had surgery as a kid. As I got into my 40's my feet started to turn back in and made it so it was very painful to walk. After consulting with several of the best foot docs in town, I went with Dr. Krause. He performed surgery, fusing joints, realigning my heel and stretched my Achilles tendon. It was a long recovery process, but it was the best thing I ever did. I can now walk on that foot pain free. Thank you Dr. Krause.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
I immediately liked Dr. Krause. Surgery was the third option he offered to try to correct the situation after PT and orthotics. Went the surgical route (PTT). Now 4 months out, the results are as expected. As I said, I like Krause. That does not mean you will. If you come prepared with questions he will take all the time needed to answer them. If you simply remain passive, you'll get a good explanation, but he's probably not going to expound. EVERY visit was on time, no waiting. Be ready.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Doesn’t have a mind of his own. Does what he’s told by bigger insurance companies. Totally messed up my previous surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Dr Krause's first priority is NOT his patients. He will NOT see you if you were in an accident and there may possibly be third party insurance involved, regardless if you have your own insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Dr John Krause is just in his profession for the paycheck and nothing more. Clearly there is a blatant conflict of interest when treating workers comp patients. He does not care for his patients health. A friend was injured at work and still cant even bend his knees while walking but this "doctor" seems to think he is ready to return to full duty??? Oh did I mention my friend is a police officer. And lets be clear I had to give him a star or Google would not accept my review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Dr. Krause, like most doctors at TOC-STL, just want to perform surgery for everything. He looked at my ankle for 5 minutes then said come back in 6 wks and see what it does on it's own. I went back and he said come back in 6 wks and if nothing improves then surgery will be needed. What?! No medicine, no rest, no boot, no brace, no physical therapy!? Ridiculous. Obviously didn't schedule another appointment. I went to Dr. Mahaffey at Mercy and have been in PT with an almost full recovery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
Terrible treatment by staff and doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
If you have a foot or ankle problem Dr Krause is who you should see!!! I had surgery six months ago from a different ortho Dr and not everything was corrected . I saw Dr Krause and he immediately knew what the problem was and how to fix it . I can not say enough about him and his staff !! He explains every aspect of what he is doing and spends the time to answer every question you have . I am elated to know that i am going to be able to walk again and it's all thanks to Dr Krause!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?
My lower extremity orthopedic issue was not adequately addressed. No manual exam. After waiting for 40 minutes was with md for initial visit for 6 minutes. Absolutely no resolution to issue or plan for further assessment after mri was negative for an obvious fracture. Have completed ironman in the past and currently have pain daily with stairs. Will need to start process over with a more qualified and interested doc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Krause, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Krause?

Mobility is the one thing that allows you to participate in all activities of daily life. My practice is geared toward helping each patient meet their mobility goals. In my orthopedic practice, I treat a variety of orthopedic conditions that affect a...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

1995
1990
1986

Dr. Krause accepts

Dr. Krause accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthLink

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Krause's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Spondylosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Krause treats patients.

Compare Providers