Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. John Klekamp, MD
Dr. John Klekamp, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Franklin, TN. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Klekamp is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

302 S Royal Oaks Blvd

Franklin, TN 37064

• Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Klekamp

Dr. Klekamp's Experience

Dr. Klekamp's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Mercer University
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Klekamp has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Klekamp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Klekamp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Klekamp's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Klekamp to family and friends
Dr. Klekamp's Performance
Franklin, TN |
Even though Dr. Klekamp is a surgeon, he will exhaust all other options first. I'm writing this from my hospital bed, (L4-L5 laminectomy), but I can tell the operation was a success. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Klekamp.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr. Klekamp restored my quality of life via spinal fusion. As a retired medical professional I can say without any reservations that his care, knowledge, and humanity are and remain unsurpassed. A full and complete recommendation
in Columbia, TN |
If you have problems with your spine, go to Dr. Klekamp. He takes the time you need for understanding what he will do and what for you to expect. He shows and explains the MRIs and Xrays. I had no frustrations with my experience of having 2 vertebras fused in my lower back and when I needed 3 vertebras fused in my neck, I went back to him. Seconds are not for me if the first is not satisfactory. He is a prime example of what a Doctor should be.
in Bell Buckle, TN |
Wonderful physician. Great bedside manner. Great guy. Very professional. Such an asset to our community. So glad he helped with my pain management. Never had a better surgeon. Highly recommend. I am a RN. Not to easily impressed, but he did the job. Thanks doc. You healed me.
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Klekamp was God sent to our family. He helped our mother when we thought there was no hope. His compassion and empathy provided comfort to everyone. His bedside manner and genuine happiness when he saw her recover was heartwarming. No question asked was too much or too stupid. We would recommend him to anyone in need of his talent. Dr. Klekamp was always available and the odd times he was not able to, his staff was right there for us. Excellent team!
in Franklin, TN |
Dr. Klekamp is an excellent surgeon and has a great bedside manner. He took the time to explain the surgery and answer all of the questions that I had. After being in pain for 2 years I am finally pain free thanks to him. And he even made sure to line up my tattoo before stitching me up!
in Winchester, TN |
Dr. Klekamp did spinal surgery and the results were excellent. He has an excellent bedside manner and explained everything to me in detail. I highly recommend him.
in Westpoint, TN |
Dr. Klekamp is outstanding! In Jan 2017 he performed my third back surgery with amazing results. Previous surgeries were performed by others. I could hardly walk and seriously considered going to live with Jesus. It is now March 16th 2017 and other than the fact I know I can't medically; I feel like I can do anything. Right before surgery, I wished him luck and he said "there's no luck involved...just skill". I'm here today to tell you he has the skill!
in Shelbyville, TN |
Dr. Kelkamp is one AMAZING surgeon. I love a doctor with confidence and I have seen very few these days. He performed surgery on my mother's back and got her out of a lot of pain. If you're lucky enough to have "Doc" you should thank God because you'll have one of the VERY best there is. And, I'm very cautious about my doctors and hers but Dr. Klepkamp won me over on her first visit. There's a bonus with Dr. Kelkamp--his incisions are beautiful.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr Klekamp is a wonderful surgeon who solved my sciatica and related condition with a fusion of L4 and L5 vertebrae. The pain after was minimal compared to what I was expecting and after 3 months, the pain is completely gone. Excellent results!
Monteagle, TN |
Dr. Klekamp is an outstanding surgeon who can accurately identify the problem and the correct course of action. He is concerned with long term functioning as well as the short term effects and worked with me to insure that I could achieve the full benefits of the surgery. He is personable, kind and respectful. He takes time to answer questions and to clarify. Working with him has been an totally outstanding experience.
in Lewisburg, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Klekamp after breaking my L5. He is well known amongst colleagues and the like. My only contention was that it took a little while to schedule the surgery due to his schedule demands. But when I awoke, all was good. Of course you have the post op stuff and the fact that he did some major repair. He is super understanding, a great attitude and willing to REALLY talk with you about everything. He even realigned my tattoo and you can barely see the scar.
in Columbia, TN |
I feel I made the right choice in selecting Dr. Klekamp for 2 surgeries I had performed in 2016. I found the staff at Vanderbilt courteous and prompt, and his nurse practitioner accessible and understanding of my needs. Dr. Klekamp helped me understand the severity of my conditions, advised me of all options, and let me participate in selecting the right course of action (surgeries) for me. I feel that the quality of work in performing my surgeries was excellent. 5 STARS!!
in Normandy, TN |
Dr. Klekamp was able to perform exactly what he promised me, and I followed his directions an have had excellent results. The staff and facility is unbelievable and you are made to feel "special" from day one of your care. After Dr. Klekamp's diagnosis of my situation, I wanted some assurance that the proposed surgery would work for me. Dr. Klekamp was brimming with confidence and his mood was so reassuring to me. I am 67 years old and would do it all again!!!
in Spring Hill, TN |
Dr. Klekamp listened carefully when I described my spinal problem and told him I wanted a permanent solution, not a temporary fix or a maybe fix. After examination, X-rays, and an MRI, we scheduled spinal fusion surgery. He obviously knew what he was doing, as I have had no back pain since healing from the surgery. I felt very confident in choosing him for the surgery and was pleased with his follow-up, advice, and treatment in general.
Franklin, TN |
Saw Dr Klekamp after waking unable to sit-up or walk unassisted. Getting in to see him was quick and all options were given. I chose surgery and his office pushed insurance to expedite approval. I was walking unassisted a few hours after surgery. Dr Klekamp is a very informative and caring doctor, and the office staff is friendly and helpful.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr Klekamp has been treating me for DGG for the past 3 years. He performed a discectomy on me in November 2015 with great success. He is caring and patient. I highly recommend Dr Klekamp to anyone suffering from back pain.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr. Klekamp is a life saver! My quality of life has greatly improved since he performed spinal surgery. I have been in pain for years and overnight, I could see the improvement. I am not pain free for the first time in five years. He is highly recommended!
in Rogersville, TN |
I came to Dr. Klekamp with several back problems. He was the fourth doctor I saw. I felt so much at ease speaking with him. He listened to every word I had to say and answered every question my husband and I had. He made no blind promises but reassured me that he would do everything within his expertise to correct my back problems. I live in Rogersville which is a five hour drive. It is worth every mile to have Dr. Klekamp as my back Doctor. I know he truly cares about my health!
Have you seen Dr. John Klekamp, MD?
Are you Dr. Klekamp?