Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

John G Kennedy MD 523 E 72nd St Ste 507, New York, NY 10021 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Kennedy specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in New York, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Kennedy? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Kennedy's Experience

See how Dr. Kennedy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kennedy

Dr. Kennedy accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kennedy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Kennedy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kennedy to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Kennedy
Dr. Kennedy's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (45)
in New York, NY |
Please run as fast as you can. Dr. Kennedy botched my husband foot and has not been able to walk. When we tried to seek his help, he refused to see my husband. His Business Manager, Suzanne is so unprofessional and uncaring, they should not be part of healthcare system because they don't care about helping people, they just care about stealing your money on surgeries that ruin your life and procedures that don't work and are not covered by insurance.
in Montauk , NY |
There's things you can teach, stuff you can learn and then the intangibles you either have or you don't. In addition to excelling at his craft and staying on top of the latest modalities, Dr. Kennedy treats you, his associates, assistants and staff with respect. I've had several surgeries and minor procedures (my situation is complex), and my belief and trust in Dr. Kennedy has never wavered. I willingly and without hesitation take the bus three hours one-way. And, by the way, I'm better.
in Astoria, NY |
I had bone chips in my ankle and then things got worse when I ripped my achilles going back on a flyball. Dr. Kennedy?s nurses and office people made me comfortable when I went in after getting a referral since I was in a lot of pain. They took a scan and explained how they use stem cells and proteins like all the big league athletes. So I got the kind of care that major leaguers get. In about a couple of months I was back running and now I have confidence I don?t have to baby my ankle anymore
in Staten Island, NY |
I spent close to an hour with four of Dr. Kennedy?s people before I finally met the surgeon. They were very attentive, asked me lots of questions about my condition and took scans of my ankle. They don?t rush you through here. There were models and pictures I could see to explain why my ankle was a mess. Since I had a crater on my ankle I ended up getting a transplant from the knee to the ankle and I?m back to full use of it now.
in Manhattan, NY |
I had put off ankle surgery for too long since I?d heard all kinds of horror stories from my runner friends. Got a second opinion from Dr. Kennedy. They did a color MRI to look at my ankle cartilage and then used less invasive surgery than I had been told I?d need. Nobody else told me about growth proteins and cells but Kennedy?s team put it all in front of me and explained that this was the best option. Should have gone to Dr. Kennedy when I first hurt myself.
in Jersey City, NJ |
My local doctor told me I needed a tendon replacement. Last thing I wanted. Other runners recommended Dr Kennedy at Hospital for Special Surgery. We talked for about 45 minutes and he recommended shockwave treatment. A few sessions cured me. A month later I ran a 10k. I didn't need surgery after all. Amazing.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I was dreading surgery on my ankle as I had heard all the horror stories. Went for a second opinion with dr JG kennedy. He took his time explaining what I had and how it could be treated. They did a color MRI to look at my ankle cartilage and then used less invasive surgery than I was told elsewhere. I wasn't told about growth proteins and cells by other docs but kennedy and his team showed me pictures demonstaring this was a good solution. I went for it and was glad I did. Thank you!
in Orange, NJ |
As a born and raised New Yorker, I walk everywhere. I had ankle discomfort and swelling that I saw a bunch of specialists about. Nobody could do anything until I saw Dr. Kennedy, who listened to me and understood my symptoms. Because he paid attention where other people didin?t, his procedure was a success and now I am walking pain free.
in Whitestone, NY |
I was playing tennis with my granddaughter when I tore my achilles. I was worried that at my age I wouldn't e able to play again but Dr. Kennedy fixed everything. He was very kind and attentive.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I?m a personal trainer and have to be able to do everything I ask my clients to. So hurting my ankle was a big concern. But Dr. Kennedy fixed everything and I didn?t have to worry about losing my job because of taking time off from work. Thanks Dr. Kennedy!
in Manhattan, NY |
My ankle was seriously injured in a construction accident. My union doc said I would't walk normal again.I got a second opinion from Dr. Kennedy, who did a graft on my ankle and today I am walking just fine Thank you Dr. Kennedy.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Numerous ankle injuries over the years resulted in swelling and structural damage. After consulting with Dr. Kennedy, I decided to go with the surgery he recommended and now have my range of motion back. Something I should have attended to years ago.Thanks, Doc!
in Scarsdale, NY |
damaged my ankle before the hurricane and didn?t realize how bad it was til one of my employees, who had been a patient of Dr. Kennedy, recommended that I see him. Glad I did since it turned out that there was major damage, which he was able to fix before things got worse. Grateful to be back to normal again.
in South Salem, NY |
My ankle had deteriorated to where I thought I?d never walk normally again. Dr. Kennedy and everyone in the office were there for me when I needed them. After surgery, he always got back me when I had a question. Everyone at his office was very reassuring and helpful while I recovered.
in Princeton, NJ |
While recovering from a serious accident, I put on weight and then ripped up my ankle. Dr. Kennedy and his team fixed my ankle and coached me with weight loss and helped me through the recovery process to the point where I am able to walk normally and even compete in sports again. Everybody in the office gave me 200%. I really appreciate it!
in Hoboken, NJ |
Injured in a car crash. Torn cartilage and bone damage in my ankle. The opinion that offered the quickest recovery time was from Dr. Kennedy. His office was behind me 100% of the way, turns out he was right. I was back to 100% in a couple of months, max.
Greenwich, CT |
My ankle had been injured several times to the point where intense athletic activity resulted in frequent sprains. A teammate of mine had been operated on by Dr. Kennedy and recommended him. After an initial consultation I decided to go ahead with a cartilage and bone graft. Recovery time was less than half of what I had been told to expect by other specialists. I'm glad I let Dr. K fix my ankle before things got really out of hand!
in Darien, CT |
I ripped up my ankle badly in the spring of 2014. Dr. Kennedy performed a procedure called ?oats? to relieve the pain and help me regain my ability to compete at a top level. I?m happy to say it worked and very grateful.
in Miami, FL |
Kennedy?s team is number one. From the moment I called the office to the time I left I feel like I have a family that cares. They gave me care second to none. I would strongly recommend these people for ankle issues as serious as mine was.
in Old Westbury, NY |
I injured both cartilage and bone in my lower ankle joint. Everybody in Dr. K?s office was sympathetic and helpful and as a result I am pain free and moving around fine again.
in Manhattan, NY |
I tore my Achilles in a soccer game. I got more than one opinion telilng me that I had a four month recovery period to look forward to. Dr. Kennedy used growth factors and as a result I was able to resume athletic activity in half that time with no complications, and I continue to feel fine now.
in Sparks, NV |
An ankle sprain left me with a big lump on my ankle joint and decreased mobility. Dr. Kennedy gave me a range of options and with his help I was able to get my range of motion back and I am finally pain-free.
in Sunnyside, NY |
Iwent to lots of docs and found Kennedys team used the latest in technology.  They used stem cells as well as cartilage grafts and I'm back running now when I had been told by other docs I needed an ankle fusion.
in Queens, NY |
Up until last year I had ankle sprains constantly. I had to stop playing tennis and at one point even running. Dr Kennedy fixed me and I cannot believe my new life especially after all this. Thanks for everything!
in Brooklyn, NY |
My ankle injury was severe but Dr. Kennedy helped me out when I really needed it. He doesn't take my insurance but his office worked with my insurance company to minimize my out of pocket. It was worth every penny.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kennedy takes his time and gives you a detailed explanation. I brought my boyfriend to take notes and the information the doctor gave us was very useful.?He gets back to you fast on email.? Going with Dr. K to fix my ankle was the right decision.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Kennedy is the number one cartilage doctor.? Takes his time with detailed explanations and a warm human being.
in New York City, NY |
Dr. Kennedy operated on my foot. His kindness and expertise got me up and running better than before my injury,
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Kennedy was really kind and figured out was was wrong with my foot and fixed it. I am really happy!
in Port Washington, NY |
Office brought me more than they needed to. Just so they could charge me for more visits. Then they performed a Procedure which they knew would not be covered and then told me after the fact. Stay away.
Have you seen Dr. John Kennedy, MD?
Are you Dr. Kennedy?

Compare Dr. Kennedy

Orthopedic Surgery
New York, NY 10021

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

Dr. Kennedy has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kennedy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kennedy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kennedy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Kennedy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Kennedy

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Kennedy's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Kennedy

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients