Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

75 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Kennedy specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in New York, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Kennedy? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Kennedy's Experience

See how Dr. Kennedy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kennedy

Dr. Kennedy accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kennedy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kennedy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kennedy to family and friends
Dr. Kennedy's Performance
in Queens, NY |
Dr. Kennedy was able to diagnose a longstanding issue I had with toe and foot pain. His treatment had immediate impact and he provided me with a long-term solution that didn't require surgery. He and his staff are friendly and great to deal with. I was referred to Dr. Kennedy by my primary doctor and am pleased to refer others as well.
in Long Island City, NY |
I cannot say enough positive words to describe my experience over the last 6 months of being a patient here. Dr. Kennedy and the staff at the hhs office have gone above and beyond to make every visit as enjoyable as possible. I went in for ankle pain in April, and ended up having to have surgery approximately 2 months ago. Every question and concern that I have are always answered by Dr. Kennedy in depth and with assurance that I understand its entirety.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is a grade A Sports Medicine surgeon. He’s taken care of my multiple sport injuries. Under Dr. Kennedy’s care, I experienced the most thorough examination and X-ray. He is a professional who is caring and dedicated. I highly recommend him.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Marvelous patient care! Dr. Kennedy is thorough and meticulous throughout the entire process. From my first meeting with Dr. Kennedy, I was confident that I was in good hands. His staff, Sheena and Susanne, are super helpful, nice, and accommodating. They go out of their way for their patients. I definitely recommend Dr. Kennedy!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is the best orthopedic physician I have ever dealt with in NYC. His bedside manner is every bit as good as his expertise in his field. I have recommended him to several of our patients.
in New York , NY |
My experience from start to finish with Dr. John Kennedy has been excellent. The staff was extremely helpful with absolutely everything. My initial appointment was scheduled soon after I called the office. Dr. Kennedy was extremely thorough with his examination of my fully torn ACL and partially torn meniscus. He answered all the questions that I had concerning my injury and the surgery that was necessary to fix my injury. I was up and walking within a week and able to flex my leg 125 degrees,
in New York, NY |
I had a dance injury on my ankle, a damaged tendon. After using a split, I went through physical therapy. Dr Kennedy was great through the entire process.
in Brooklyn, NY |
After a rugby accedient I had frequent pain in my left ankle. I was told by other doctors to never play rugby again. He treated my ankle and guess what? All the other doctors were wrong! Dr. Kennedy fixed my ankle and I'm playing rugby again. Thanks Dr. Kennedy!
in Alpine, NJ |
I had such an excellent experience with Dr. Kennedy at HSS. He has a wonderful bedside manner and was able to articulate my Achilles issues in laymans terms so I could understand. He spent time with me at every visit - I found him to be accessible and easy to work with- plus he is a TOP EXPERT IN THE FIELD. After sending me for an MRI he suggested 3 non invasive treatments of shockwave therapy, which were quick and painless. I can report that after suffering for a year I am feeling a lot better!
in Jersey City NJ |
I needed surgery and Dr Kennedy was the only one who could do a big graft from my knee to my ankle I was bummed as my insurance was terrible! Sheena in his office spoke with my insurance and negotiated a deal so I could get this done. Im so grateful to Dr Kennedy and his staff. I cant thank you guys enough. I have a three year old daughter and can play with her now and NO pain!!
in New York , NY |
Had to wait three weeks to get an appointment but then his office called and got me in earlier. Well worth the wait . No rush, calm and professional. He explained everything and I needed shockwave treatment and PT His team works with JAG PT and Katherine and Dr K work together. I am a weekend warrior not a serious athlete but I felt I was treated the same as a professional athlete . Top marks!
in Portland, OR |
I called HSS referral service to see who is the best at OCD for the ankle. They referred me to Kennedy. Kennedy spent 45 min explaining my situation. I kept the drawing he drew. For the surgery, he used echoscopic cameras to see into the joint and fixed a big crater with stem cells and growth factors and bone all through a scar no bigger than a half inch. Post opp I had a special color MRI which shows I'm totally better.
in New York , NY |
I read my Army Reserves evaluation of Kennedy's office and went there as I had not been happy with other docs approach. The office put me at ease right away when his manager knew exactly what I was suffering from over the phone! Kennedy and his office were great! I did not need surgery just stem cell treatment from a torn tendon. After 2 years not exercising I'm on bike. I'm so grateful. Its turned my life around.
in Manhattan NY |
Cutting edge, caring and empathetic. Highly recommended. Five Stars!
in New York, NY |
Awesome care. Follow up was the best. Did a PB 6 weeks after removing a spare bone from the back of my ankle with keyhole surgery.
Kennedy is world class!
in London, LND |
Dr. Kennedy is what makes HSS the greatest hospital in the world! He is recognized as the best by me and my wife! I will refer anyone to this great hospital.
in Brooklyn, NY |
The office does not accept all insurance plans, but I knew that going in. I was worried about whether I could afford it. Dr K and his team are great! They negotiated with my insurance and it was nearly entirely covered! Best part... I can dance in my high heels again (in moderation of course)!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had a hole in my ankle bone. I was told I needed an ankle fusion. Consulted with Dr. Kennedy who explained it like a divot of bone and joint lining. No fusion needed and everything done with keyhole incision using a camera and stem cells. Only bad experience was a PA who was not too responsive. Kenned gave me his cell phone when he heard. I'm all set and wanted people to know this is cutting doc with old school caring.
in Jalalabad, Afghanistan |
I traveled from Afghanistan to see Dr. Kennedy. My friend recommended him, saying he had a great reputation. I had a very bad problem with my ankle. He exceeded my expectations. I am in full recovery. I must say, it was well worth the voyage.
in Jersey City, New Jersey |
I wanted a doctor who cared and whose staff reflected his care and compassion. I had been to many doctors offices in four states. Kennedy was my last stop but I wish he had been my first! His office manager kept in contact and worked with us for two months to get insurance to clear the surgery. No regrets.
in Manhattan, NY |
This doc is world class. Le-Bron with a scalpel.
in Greenwich, Connecticut |
Dr K has a diverse, international staff. I thought we would be unable to get an appointment because of his great reputation. My husband had a failed surgery by another doctor. We were very worried. However, we were able to see Dr. K in a timely fashion. He answered all our questions. He's very patient and thorough. The office staff navigated us through our insurance. Which lifted a heavy burden. We come from out of state, and we were worried this would be a problem. Post op, my husband is in reh
in Brooklyn, NY |
Excellent. 5 Star Service.
in Staten Island, NY |
I saw Dr. Kennedy operate on Youtube. I knew what he was a pro. When I went in to see him and he drew out the problem, clearly and thoroughly. He took a graft from my knee and translated it to my ankle. I figured it would take a year to recover. But I'm back in action 6 months later. I'm really grateful.
in Manhattan, NY |
Dr Kennedy and his nurses, Sheena and Susanne went above and beyond! The office worked with my insurance broker, making sure I received the best coverage... all I had to do was concentrate on recovery. 4 months later I feel like a new person.
in New York, NY |
Dr Kennedy operated on my ankle for a cartilage and ligament problem. It was my 4th surgery. The other surgeons botched it. Dr Kennedy fixed me up! I had a cartilage and seem cell transplant. Now I'm back to playing football with my kids! Dr Kennedy rocks!!
in Rome Italy, New York |
I have been a patient of Dr Kennedy for several years. Dr Kennedy is the most talented Dr and surgeon I have ever been treated by. And, as rare as it is to find, Dr Kennedy's bed side manner is equal. His care, sincerity, understanding of what his patient is going thru, is beyond comforting. When recently injured in Rome, Italian Dr's said I needed knee surgery. I flew back to NY on 1st flight, because I will only let Dr Kennedy treat me. That should sum it up. Equally incredible staff
in New York, NY |
Our family's experience with Dr. Kennedy has been amazing. So far 3 of us have been his patients. I took my mother to Dr. Kennedy for acute pain in her knees. A PRP procedure later and it has been pain free almost from the beginning. He had said it would kick in in one week. He even told me to send my sister's hand x-ray from London for him to look at. His staff is friendly, their office is well run and his office manager (Ms. Susanne Scheifmaster) is extremely efficient and caring.
in New York, NY |
Please run as fast as you can. Dr. Kennedy botched my husband foot and has not been able to walk. When we tried to seek his help, he refused to see my husband. His Business Manager, Suzanne is so unprofessional and uncaring, they should not be part of healthcare system because they don't care about helping people, they just care about stealing your money on surgeries that ruin your life and procedures that don't work and are not covered by insurance.
in Montauk , NY |
There's things you can teach, stuff you can learn and then the intangibles you either have or you don't. In addition to excelling at his craft and staying on top of the latest modalities, Dr. Kennedy treats you, his associates, assistants and staff with respect. I've had several surgeries and minor procedures (my situation is complex), and my belief and trust in Dr. Kennedy has never wavered. I willingly and without hesitation take the bus three hours one-way. And, by the way, I'm better.
in Astoria, NY |
I had bone chips in my ankle and then things got worse when I ripped my achilles going back on a flyball. Dr. Kennedy?s nurses and office people made me comfortable when I went in after getting a referral since I was in a lot of pain. They took a scan and explained how they use stem cells and proteins like all the big league athletes. So I got the kind of care that major leaguers get. In about a couple of months I was back running and now I have confidence I don?t have to baby my ankle anymore
in Staten Island, NY |
I spent close to an hour with four of Dr. Kennedy?s people before I finally met the surgeon. They were very attentive, asked me lots of questions about my condition and took scans of my ankle. They don?t rush you through here. There were models and pictures I could see to explain why my ankle was a mess. Since I had a crater on my ankle I ended up getting a transplant from the knee to the ankle and I?m back to full use of it now.
in Manhattan, NY |
I had put off ankle surgery for too long since I?d heard all kinds of horror stories from my runner friends. Got a second opinion from Dr. Kennedy. They did a color MRI to look at my ankle cartilage and then used less invasive surgery than I had been told I?d need. Nobody else told me about growth proteins and cells but Kennedy?s team put it all in front of me and explained that this was the best option. Should have gone to Dr. Kennedy when I first hurt myself.
in Jersey City, NJ |
My local doctor told me I needed a tendon replacement. Last thing I wanted. Other runners recommended Dr Kennedy at Hospital for Special Surgery. We talked for about 45 minutes and he recommended shockwave treatment. A few sessions cured me. A month later I ran a 10k. I didn't need surgery after all. Amazing.
in Orange, NJ |
As a born and raised New Yorker, I walk everywhere. I had ankle discomfort and swelling that I saw a bunch of specialists about. Nobody could do anything until I saw Dr. Kennedy, who listened to me and understood my symptoms. Because he paid attention where other people didin?t, his procedure was a success and now I am walking pain free.
in Whitestone, NY |
I was playing tennis with my granddaughter when I tore my achilles. I was worried that at my age I wouldn't e able to play again but Dr. Kennedy fixed everything. He was very kind and attentive.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I?m a personal trainer and have to be able to do everything I ask my clients to. So hurting my ankle was a big concern. But Dr. Kennedy fixed everything and I didn?t have to worry about losing my job because of taking time off from work. Thanks Dr. Kennedy!
in Manhattan, NY |
My ankle was seriously injured in a construction accident. My union doc said I would't walk normal again.I got a second opinion from Dr. Kennedy, who did a graft on my ankle and today I am walking just fine Thank you Dr. Kennedy.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Numerous ankle injuries over the years resulted in swelling and structural damage. After consulting with Dr. Kennedy, I decided to go with the surgery he recommended and now have my range of motion back. Something I should have attended to years ago.Thanks, Doc!
in Scarsdale, NY |
damaged my ankle before the hurricane and didn?t realize how bad it was til one of my employees, who had been a patient of Dr. Kennedy, recommended that I see him. Glad I did since it turned out that there was major damage, which he was able to fix before things got worse. Grateful to be back to normal again.
in South Salem, NY |
My ankle had deteriorated to where I thought I?d never walk normally again. Dr. Kennedy and everyone in the office were there for me when I needed them. After surgery, he always got back me when I had a question. Everyone at his office was very reassuring and helpful while I recovered.
in Princeton, NJ |
While recovering from a serious accident, I put on weight and then ripped up my ankle. Dr. Kennedy and his team fixed my ankle and coached me with weight loss and helped me through the recovery process to the point where I am able to walk normally and even compete in sports again. Everybody in the office gave me 200%. I really appreciate it!
in Hoboken, NJ |
Injured in a car crash. Torn cartilage and bone damage in my ankle. The opinion that offered the quickest recovery time was from Dr. Kennedy. His office was behind me 100% of the way, turns out he was right. I was back to 100% in a couple of months, max.
Greenwich, CT |
My ankle had been injured several times to the point where intense athletic activity resulted in frequent sprains. A teammate of mine had been operated on by Dr. Kennedy and recommended him. After an initial consultation I decided to go ahead with a cartilage and bone graft. Recovery time was less than half of what I had been told to expect by other specialists. I'm glad I let Dr. K fix my ankle before things got really out of hand!
in Darien, CT |
I ripped up my ankle badly in the spring of 2014. Dr. Kennedy performed a procedure called ?oats? to relieve the pain and help me regain my ability to compete at a top level. I?m happy to say it worked and very grateful.
in Miami, FL |
Kennedy?s team is number one. From the moment I called the office to the time I left I feel like I have a family that cares. They gave me care second to none. I would strongly recommend these people for ankle issues as serious as mine was.
in Old Westbury, NY |
I injured both cartilage and bone in my lower ankle joint. Everybody in Dr. K?s office was sympathetic and helpful and as a result I am pain free and moving around fine again.
in Manhattan, NY |
I tore my Achilles in a soccer game. I got more than one opinion telilng me that I had a four month recovery period to look forward to. Dr. Kennedy used growth factors and as a result I was able to resume athletic activity in half that time with no complications, and I continue to feel fine now.
in Sparks, NV |
An ankle sprain left me with a big lump on my ankle joint and decreased mobility. Dr. Kennedy gave me a range of options and with his help I was able to get my range of motion back and I am finally pain-free.
Have you seen Dr. John Kennedy, MD?
Are you Dr. Kennedy?

Dr. Kennedy says...

Our office specializes in treating, preventing, and repairing injuries & defects of the foot and ankle.

• Arthroscopy of the Foot & Ankle
  • Osteochondral Lesions
  • Ankle Instability
  • Sports Injuries to the Foot & Ankle
  • Tendon Injuries to the Foot & Ankle
  • Arthritis of the Foot & Ankle
  • Biologics (PRP & BMAC)
  • Shockwave Therapy

Dr. Kennedy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Torticollis

Dr. Kennedy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kennedy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ankle Arthroscopy
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate