Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. John Kennedy, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY.

523 E 72nd St Ste 507

• Guardian
  • Health Net
  • Locals (any local)

Learn about Dr. Kennedy

See how frequently Dr. Kennedy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Arthroscopy
Joint Pain
Foot Fracture
high

Dr. Kennedy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kennedy does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for New York.

Education data for Dr. Kennedy is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Kennedy has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kennedy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kennedy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kennedy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kennedy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kennedy to family and friends
Dr. Kennedy's Performance
in Queens, NY |
Fast and efficient. Dr. Kennedy Saw me for my broken foot and discussed surgical vs. non surgical treatment.. I ended up not getting surgery and I feel great after 3 months of rehab. Excellent service.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I broke my ankle due to a scateboarding accident and was taken to the ER at mount sinai. The damages were severe and i was refferred to Dr, Kennedy he helped diagnose and put my left ankle back together. I continue to see Dr. Kennedy when I have orthopedic issues and I have been doing PT. Its helped alot and I feel alot better today. Thank you Dr. Kennedy!
in New York, NY |
I have been going through so much after fracturing my foot and Dr. Kennedy performed a successful surgery! I am a lot better than before but i have to take off a star because someone in his staff (i wont mention names) can be very unhelpful sometimes. I appreciate all the treatments I have gone through and Dr. Kennedy's assistance in treating me. I highly recommend Dr. Kennedy!
in NY, NY |
Dr Kennedy is a great doctor. But he is expensive. I put a huge down payment on my surgery. Do I wish it was less expensive? of course. But, he fixed my injury. What can I say? You pay for what you get.
in New York, NY |
I am veryy happy to have you as my doctor. Thanks to you all i can play handball once again. You and your staff are a blessing!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy has been great at treating my achilles tendinitis caused by a hiking adventure which really didnt end up too great on my end. I had severe damage to my tendons and I am lot better now with all my treatments dr kenedy has given me such as my new comffy shoes as I call them! Anyway enough of my rambling, 5 STARS!!
in New York, NY |
have been going to dr kennedy for a long time. He has been a great help in all his practices to fullfill my well-being as I have alot of chronic pain. I am very appreciative towards Dr. Kennedyn. His staff has also has gotten much better in time and im glad they help me because this pain was unbearable before.
in Westchester, ny |
Dr Kennedy and his nurses and staff are commendable. I am feeling so much better lately because of my recent surgery and i am so happy to have u as my doctor!
in Bx, NY |
Dr kennedy is an exccellent doctor and im glad he is helping me since myt transit accident. My home girl recommended kenedy and I am so glad because i have been walking better since and other doctros never really helped me! thank you Dr. Kennnedy
in queens, NY |
I want to personally thank Dr. kennedy and staff as my mother has been very well since her recovery from her car accident. She had alot of damage to her feet and is walking alot better than she did a few months ago. She wanted me to rate the staff as she is not well with computers. She says thank you Dr, kennedy and staff and she is very appreciative!
in BRONX,NY |
Doctor kennedy and staff are so helpful with my ankle pains. They all listen to my concerns and are soo helpful in my treatments. Thank you!! I walk without the same amount of pains as i used to and I am glad he got me back on track!!!
New York, NY |
Excellent Doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Kennedy as he has been contributing to my physical and mental well being. His staff is highly professional and they are very helpful with any questions i have. THANKS so much to Dr. Kennedy and staff!!
in Queens, NY |
Great doctor great staff very helpful and thoughtful in his decisions i highly recommend for your orthopedic needs. He helps my chronic arthritis and is the only orthopedic ive had that actually listens and cares!!Thank you and YOUR STAFF Dr.Kennedy!!
My daughter had a hole in her ankle caused by a bike accident. We had many opinions and were recommended to see dr john kennedy who is a world specialist in OCD He reassured us no surgery necessary! My daughter is now back playing lacrosse and has no pain and the latest scan shows the hole has filled in !We are so so grateful we went to see dr john kennedy!!
in NY, NY |
I needed an ankle replacement but I didn't like what I read online about them. I had heard dr kennedy uses biological treatments for certain conditions. When I met dr kennedy I was amazed that he spent almost an hour explaining all the options. I really did not want any big surgery so we elected to do fat cells transplant. I had liposuction of my stomach and it went through a process to be injected into my ankles. I never ever expected to feel this good. I always dreaded the stairs and now I
Brooklyn, NY |
I had bunion surgery three months ago and I can now fit into high heels. To celebrate I invited all the girls to drinks in our high heels! Dr Kennedy is great. He's kind, he's thoughtful and he's awesome at what he does. The whole process is amazing. I don't want another surgery on my other foot but if I need it I know where to go.
in NY, NY |
I just came from the doctors office. I want to say it was the most positive experience. I've gotten to know the staff over the last three months. Sarah is so happy, Susan is so smart and helpful and Sheena is so on top of insurance companies so that I really feel like this is my "medical family. " I've had two children and I've been to many MDs offices but I never was in one that actually cared about me and who I am. I really feel that makes a big difference.
in NY, NY |
Simply the best. Don't waste time with others who are talking the talk. This guy walks the walk Tendon tear surgery three months ago. Just back from a week long trek in Costa Rica with no pain. Total rock star.
NY, NY |
I don't write reviews. Susanne in Dr. Kennedys office asked me to do so if I had a positive experience. I was scared going in to see the doctor as I didn't want to have surgery. I ended up having a camera inserted in my ankle in his office with no pain! I could see my own ankle joint and an area where I had no white cartilage. Using cells from my own blood dr kennedy injected this area right there in the office. I'm six month after that procedure and my check up has gone great. I'm pain free
NY, NY |
I needed a complicated surgery on my ankle. After seeing many docs and finally seeing dr kennedy I knew he was the right doc for me. Only problem is he didn't take my insurance. That's where the three S sisters came in ; Sarah Susanne and Sheena in his office worked tirelessly with my insurance so all I ended up paying was my deductible. Those three girls are awesome and I really felt they cared. I expect the doctor to be world class but I didn't expect his office would be just as good. This w
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had waited an hour to see another specialist on the same floor only to be given a shot into my ankle. The Pain was back in a day. I went on line to see who was the best and dr Kennedys name kept coming up. I don't know why I was referred to this other guy when clearly dr k is the specialist in this area. I went back to see dr k who performed orthoskopic procedure using stem cells and other materials. My ankle feels like brand new. I give dr kennedy 5 stars. I give his office staff five stars b
in NY, NY |
I'm 5 weeks out from an Achilles tear and operation to repair. I’m walking in a boot and will be done with that in a week. My colleague who had similar tear, was still in a big cast at this time! Kennedy and his crew are smart, progressive and at the top of their game.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I was referred to dr kennedy by my daughters soccer coach. I'm not a professional athlete but I've been running for 20 years but was hobbled for six months with terrible electric pain under my foot. I had undergone injections and therapy and it wasnt working, Dr Kennedy diagnosed me with "joggers nerve " and once an injection confirmed we needed tonoperate. When i woke up in the recovery room I felt the different. I am so grateful to dr kennedy and his "miracle team!!
NY, NY |
I was seen by several specialists for an OCD of my ankle I had read a lot and and decided to see Dr. Kennedy. I had a large hole in my bone and kennedy used a bone graft and a transplant from my knee with stem cells. I am one year out and just had a check up MRI. it's perfect!But more importantly I have never felt so good. I'm so glad I waited and read and found the best!
in Philadelphia PA |
Dr kennedy and his team are awesome. Highly recommend.
Brooklyn, NY |
Thank you so very much for all you have done and the amazing care you have and continue to provide over the past few years. I went on a vacation with my son to visit Petra and post treatment he was not only able to walk the 5+ miles; but also, was able to climb the 225 steps to the royal tombs. Without your help and amazing skills he never could have climbed those steps (or even walked to them) and for that I am forever grateful.
NY, NY |
Dr. Kennedy presented with both a very caring bedside manner as well as an extremely knowledgeable understanding of my condition. He really knows his business. He not only gave me an in depth examination of my foot, he formulated an exercise routine to get me back to my tennis games.
Yonkers, NY |
I saw Dr. Kennedy few months ago, he really helped me with the very bad pain I was experiencing in my feet. He was very professional and listened to my questions and concerns. Highly recommended. A real Pro. Swell staff as well!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great doctor. He's got the experience, intelligence, bedside manner, skills that we wish every doctor had. We've been seeing him for 15 years and have never been disappointed. He's not doing it for the money, he really cares.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I just think the whole world of Dr. Kennedy. Don't go to anyone else! Dr. Kennedy is very knowledgeable, thorough and personable and makes sure that you, as the patient, have a clear understanding of the diagnosis and treatment plan. This has consistently been an exceptional Orthopedic office at HSS, with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. You won't be disappointed!
in Staten Island, NY |
Outstanding professional. It has been 10 years since Dr. Kennedy did my achilles tear surgery. Since then my foot has never given me trouble - just keeps doing its job. What more can you ask?
in NY, NY |
Great orthopedic surgeon and HHS is a very nice place. Would definitely recommend going, great for for any age.
EH NY |
Best sports medicine / therapy place to go in NYC. Dr. Kennedy has always helped me with each diagnosis of my injuries. He is one of the very few doctors that has earned my respect.
in Watermill,NY |
Dr. Kennedy performed the surgery to repair my ruptured Patellar tendon. My recovery is progressing ahead of schedule (I'm 17 weeks into recovery now). The pre and post surgery consultations and follow-up has surpassed my high expectations. I feel really fortunate to have Dr. Kennedy as my doctor.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. John Kennedy and his well-trained clinical assistants have greatly exceeded my expectations so far. I am glad that I found and selected him to perform my ACL reconstruction and repair. This doctor is patient, skillfull, responsive, organized, clear, and meticulous with every part of his patient care. Thank you!
Queens, NY |
I am very pleased with my first experience with Dr. Kennedy at HHS. I was able to schedule my first appointment quickly - within less than a week of my phone call - which is so critical for many health issues. The office staff was very friendly and efficient. Dr. Kennedy was helpful and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him and am very pleased that I came across his practice when looking for orthopedic doctor that were covered by my new insurance plan.
Brooklyn, NY |
Very happy with my first meeting with Dr. Kennedy. After a very long process with another doctor that went nowhere, Dr. Kennedy got me in, and gave me a plan of action. Thank god!!
New York, NY |
My husband went to dr Kennedy desperate to save his foot after an accident and several surgeries. His previous doctors wanted to amputate but doctor Kennedy saved his foot my husband is now not only walking without assistance but working full time. Doctor Kennedy is kind compassionate and very skilled I would highly recommended him to anyone seeking a foot specialist. U will never find a doctor willing to go further for his patients. May God bless him!
Brooklyn, NY |
Achilles tear. We were told by other docs and internet horror stories of big a surgery and one year recovery. Dr k treated me in a boot -no surgery! With a blood injection and physical therapy with Katherine at JAG therapy. At six weeks I was on the alter G at two months I was doing drills. Four months after I played tennis again. With no surgery I was back in the game in half the time. Hss is number 1. Thank-you!
NY, NY |
Went to Kennedy's office after being to four other places before. Professional, smart and happy to see me and listen. That's important!
in Rochester, MI |
My 91-year-old mother, with degenerative joint disease of the knee, was at the end of options. My brother suggested Dr. Kennedy. His friendly, calm demeanor instantly put my mother at ease. Dr. Kennedy suggested PRP injections. She has had two treatments and she is now able to resume her daily activities. Even though it is still early, I feel confident this was the right course of treatment. I am very happy with the level of care my mother received from Dr. Kennedy and his staff.
New York , NY |
This surgeon is amazing but he does not take all insurance plans. I had no out of network benefits but really needed kennedy to do the procedure. His office worked with me and my insurance plan. I had an out of pocket expense for sure but no more than my deductible so I'm happy. Consumer should research health plans to know all the options are but Dr K office really does help out too. Good experience all around and would recommend highly
NY, NY |
This doctor is at the top of his game. Pity his nurses don't reflect that. I waited two hours and was only seen because I complained. The nurses had not put me on the schedule. When I saw kennedy he was thorough and professional. I was flustered so I did Not remember a lot of what he said. I called later that afternoon asking for a report and got dr Kennedy on the phone who went over it all again. If you can stand the wait you get a pro who seems to really care. Four stars only.
in NY, NY |
I went to dr kennedy with an ankle problem. He diagnosed it with sonogram as a torn tendon. After getting no better with therapy I wanted surgery. Only problem is kennedy is not in my insurance plan. Both sheena and Susanne worked with my insurance company and arranged everything. I had a camera procedure with a keyhole scar and I'm on the treadmill now 6 weeks after. I looked very hard to find another doc who did this type of surgery but kennedy was only one. Awesome
NY, NY |
I went to dr kneedy and saw his whole team in the room. Two Italian doctors interviewed me. I felt better just listening to them. !! I had chronic long term ankle rolling problems. I thought I needed surgery but I was sent to kiwi Dave a physical therapist who worked on my balance and proprioception. No surgery required thanks to this doctor and his international team at hospital for special surgery.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had a stabbing pain near the heel. The pain was the worst in the morning. I went to Dr. Kennedy and he diagnosed it as Plantar fasciitis. He did a Shockwave therapy treatment on me, it took only 5 minutes and wasn’t painful at all. I am able to walk again.. Dr. definitely knows what he’s doing.
in New York, NY |
I had severed arthritis in my ankle. I went through an arthroscopic arthrodesis treatment. After surgery, I was able to quickly rehabilitate. I feel like a new man. Thanks Dr. K!
in NY, NY |
Last year I had an injuring damaging my of my talus on my right foot. I went through a Reparative Treatment, where Dr. Kennedy used bone marrow stimulation to repair the bone. Dr. Kennedy is a serious pro. I am back walking with no discomfort. The only negative thing is, I had a long wait time in the office for the initial appointment. Besides that I am super happy.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is a phenomenal doctor. I love going to the gym! But two months ago, during a high intensity training interval, I landed on my ankle the wrong way. I could hardly walk. I went to Dr. Kennedy and he used shock wave therapy on my ankle. Since then, I am regaining strength in my ankle quickly. I am so happy. He is really a great doctor and is very in tune with cutting edge technology. I would definitely recommend him if you need orthepedic surgery for an ankle or foot injury.
Brooklyn, NY |
I play tennis every day. Then one day last fall, after a sprint, I had a gnarly pain on my Achilles tendon. The pain wouldn’t go away. I was referred to Dr. Kennedy from my trainer. He diagnosed it as Achilles tendon injury that could be treated with a PRP treatment. We went ahead with the therapy. I’m happy to say that it worked and I didn’t need further surgery. I am back playing tennis. Thank god.
Have you seen Dr. John Kennedy, MD?
Are you Dr. Kennedy?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital

Visit Dr. Kennedy