Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Dr. John Kennedy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

John G Kennedy MD 523 E 72nd St Ste 507 New York, NY 10021 Get Directions

Dr. John Kennedy, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. Dr. Kennedy is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery.

Dr. Kennedy's Experience

See how Dr. Kennedy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kennedy

Dr. Kennedy accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kennedy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kennedy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kennedy to family and friends
Dr. Kennedy's Performance
in Rochester, MI |
My 91-year-old mother, with degenerative joint disease of the knee, was at the end of options. My brother suggested Dr. Kennedy. His friendly, calm demeanor instantly put my mother at ease. Dr. Kennedy suggested PRP injections. She has had two treatments and she is now able to resume her daily activities. Even though it is still early, I feel confident this was the right course of treatment. I am very happy with the level of care my mother received from Dr. Kennedy and his staff.
New York , NY |
This surgeon is amazing but he does not take all insurance plans. I had no out of network benefits but really needed kennedy to do the procedure. His office worked with me and my insurance plan. I had an out of pocket expense for sure but no more than my deductible so I'm happy. Consumer should research health plans to know all the options are but Dr K office really does help out too. Good experience all around and would recommend highly
NY, NY |
This doctor is at the top of his game. Pity his nurses don't reflect that. I waited two hours and was only seen because I complained. The nurses had not put me on the schedule. When I saw kennedy he was thorough and professional. I was flustered so I did Not remember a lot of what he said. I called later that afternoon asking for a report and got dr Kennedy on the phone who went over it all again. If you can stand the wait you get a pro who seems to really care. Four stars only.
in NY, NY |
I went to dr kennedy with an ankle problem. He diagnosed it with sonogram as a torn tendon. After getting no better with therapy I wanted surgery. Only problem is kennedy is not in my insurance plan. Both sheena and Susanne worked with my insurance company and arranged everything. I had a camera procedure with a keyhole scar and I'm on the treadmill now 6 weeks after. I looked very hard to find another doc who did this type of surgery but kennedy was only one. Awesome
NY, NY |
I went to dr kneedy and saw his whole team in the room. Two Italian doctors interviewed me. I felt better just listening to them. !! I had chronic long term ankle rolling problems. I thought I needed surgery but I was sent to kiwi Dave a physical therapist who worked on my balance and proprioception. No surgery required thanks to this doctor and his international team at hospital for special surgery.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had a stabbing pain near the heel. The pain was the worst in the morning. I went to Dr. Kennedy and he diagnosed it as Plantar fasciitis. He did a Shockwave therapy treatment on me, it took only 5 minutes and wasn’t painful at all. I am able to walk again.. Dr. definitely knows what he’s doing.
in New York, NY |
I had severed arthritis in my ankle. I went through an arthroscopic arthrodesis treatment. After surgery, I was able to quickly rehabilitate. I feel like a new man. Thanks Dr. K!
in NY, NY |
Last year I had an injuring damaging my of my talus on my right foot. I went through a Reparative Treatment, where Dr. Kennedy used bone marrow stimulation to repair the bone. Dr. Kennedy is a serious pro. I am back walking with no discomfort. The only negative thing is, I had a long wait time in the office for the initial appointment. Besides that I am super happy.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is a phenomenal doctor. I love going to the gym! But two months ago, during a high intensity training interval, I landed on my ankle the wrong way. I could hardly walk. I went to Dr. Kennedy and he used shock wave therapy on my ankle. Since then, I am regaining strength in my ankle quickly. I am so happy. He is really a great doctor and is very in tune with cutting edge technology. I would definitely recommend him if you need orthepedic surgery for an ankle or foot injury.
Brooklyn, NY |
I play tennis every day. Then one day last fall, after a sprint, I had a gnarly pain on my Achilles tendon. The pain wouldn’t go away. I was referred to Dr. Kennedy from my trainer. He diagnosed it as Achilles tendon injury that could be treated with a PRP treatment. We went ahead with the therapy. I’m happy to say that it worked and I didn’t need further surgery. I am back playing tennis. Thank god.
I had a very deep pain in my right foot. It became so unmanageable I couldn't stand or walk for more than 2 minutes. As an person who loves to run, this was really horrible. This changed when I went to Dr. Kennedy in HHS. He diagnosed my pain as arthritis in my subtalar joint. The treatment included arthroscopy surgery and was minimally invasive. The recovery time was swift and painless. Dr. Kennedy was great throughout the entire process. Today, I ran three miles with no discomfort!
NY, NY |
Highly recommend Dr Kennedy’s offices in HHS, front desk staff is incredibly nice, and Kennedy’s practice really focuses on helping patients. I went to get orthotics after having ankle pain and struggling through tennis games, now I use them to work-out, run and go to work!! Huge fan!
NY, NY |
Dr Kennedy and his staff are professional, courteous and friendly. If you're looking for a podiatrist who will give you a thorough exam and explanation, this is the place. Looking forward to my next visit.
Brooklyn, NY |
I saw Dr. Kennedy and I was very impressed. He resolved my problem and I highly recommend him.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy relieved years of pain with a terrible bunion. Surgery is never a walk in the park, but this was a fantastic experience, he gave a very open explanation of what was going to happen, the procedure was with little of discomfort, and he had a very caring bedside manner. He encouraged questions and answered them in a way I could understand.
Brooklyn, NY |
Really smart and professional. Dr. Kennedy is a great doctor in every way and I am very grateful to him for my excellent surgery. He has a lot of vocation for what he does. I wish all doctors were like him. Their staff is great.
in NY, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is outstanding. My family has trusted his wise counsel since moving to New York. If you want to be assured that you and your concerns will be addressed with the utmost professionalism, concern, and care, then Dr. Kennedy should be your choice for a podiatrist. He also brings a comforting smile to every visit.
Dr. Kennedy has a wonderful attitude and she knows what is going on. In addition his new office staff is engaging and professional. Please see him for your podiatrist!
New York, NY |
I have been coming to Dr. Kennedy for almost ten years. I have had nothing but great experiences. The staff is wonderful, the office is great, and Dr. Is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He treats all patients like family. I have had to successful surgeries with amazing results. I recommend him to all friends and family. He will make your feet and/or ankles beautiful and healthy again.
in Upper East Side, NY |
I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Kennedy. Excellent surgeon and his competent treatment saved my other foot from needing surgery at all. Dr. Kennedy as well. Office staff really IS the best. Genuinely good people, all of them.
It was immediately evident staff and the doctor were very professional, and on the same page. They listened to me and I can see and feel progress with every visit. The doctor is certainly keeping abreast of cutting edge information in the field.
Brooklyn, NY |
I am an avid athlete, skier and tennis player. I came to Dr Kennedy barely walking due to extreme pain in the lateral compartment of my knee. I had lateral knee replacement surgery March 2016. I was back on the court three months later and enjoyed doing all sports throughout the summer. It is now 13 months later and I feel perfect. I play tennis a minimum of three times a week without any pain and have begun to ski again. thank you for giving my life back.
in NY NY |
My daughter is only 10 & has already been casted 2x, along with a air boot, & splints, we are no stranger to Dr. Kennedy!! My daughter loves him, he his very good with kids.. I never felt "left in the dark" or "rushed".. He takes the time to truly provide the BEST care to his patient & answer any & all questions.. His staff is amazing, from the sweet girl at the check in, to the Dr's assistances, & everyone in the office has great, positive personalities & are extremely helpful.. I TRUST the car
in Queens, NY |
Dr. Kennedy was able to diagnose a longstanding issue I had with toe and foot pain. His treatment had immediate impact and he provided me with a long-term solution that didn't require surgery. He and his staff are friendly and great to deal with. I was referred to Dr. Kennedy by my primary doctor and am pleased to refer others as well.
in Long Island City, NY |
I cannot say enough positive words to describe my experience over the last 6 months of being a patient here. Dr. Kennedy and the staff at the hhs office have gone above and beyond to make every visit as enjoyable as possible. I went in for ankle pain in April, and ended up having to have surgery approximately 2 months ago. Every question and concern that I have are always answered by Dr. Kennedy in depth and with assurance that I understand its entirety.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is a grade A Sports Medicine surgeon. He’s taken care of my multiple sport injuries. Under Dr. Kennedy’s care, I experienced the most thorough examination and X-ray. He is a professional who is caring and dedicated. I highly recommend him.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Marvelous patient care! Dr. Kennedy is thorough and meticulous throughout the entire process. From my first meeting with Dr. Kennedy, I was confident that I was in good hands. His staff, Sheena and Susanne, are super helpful, nice, and accommodating. They go out of their way for their patients. I definitely recommend Dr. Kennedy!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Kennedy is the best orthopedic physician I have ever dealt with in NYC. His bedside manner is every bit as good as his expertise in his field. I have recommended him to several of our patients.
in New York , NY |
My experience from start to finish with Dr. John Kennedy has been excellent. The staff was extremely helpful with absolutely everything. My initial appointment was scheduled soon after I called the office. Dr. Kennedy was extremely thorough with his examination of my fully torn ACL and partially torn meniscus. He answered all the questions that I had concerning my injury and the surgery that was necessary to fix my injury. I was up and walking within a week and able to flex my leg 125 degrees,
in New York, NY |
I had a dance injury on my ankle, a damaged tendon. After using a split, I went through physical therapy. Dr Kennedy was great through the entire process.
in Brooklyn, NY |
After a rugby accedient I had frequent pain in my left ankle. I was told by other doctors to never play rugby again. He treated my ankle and guess what? All the other doctors were wrong! Dr. Kennedy fixed my ankle and I'm playing rugby again. Thanks Dr. Kennedy!
in Alpine, NJ |
I had such an excellent experience with Dr. Kennedy at HSS. He has a wonderful bedside manner and was able to articulate my Achilles issues in laymans terms so I could understand. He spent time with me at every visit - I found him to be accessible and easy to work with- plus he is a TOP EXPERT IN THE FIELD. After sending me for an MRI he suggested 3 non invasive treatments of shockwave therapy, which were quick and painless. I can report that after suffering for a year I am feeling a lot better!
in Jersey City NJ |
I needed surgery and Dr Kennedy was the only one who could do a big graft from my knee to my ankle I was bummed as my insurance was terrible! Sheena in his office spoke with my insurance and negotiated a deal so I could get this done. Im so grateful to Dr Kennedy and his staff. I cant thank you guys enough. I have a three year old daughter and can play with her now and NO pain!!
in New York , NY |
Had to wait three weeks to get an appointment but then his office called and got me in earlier. Well worth the wait . No rush, calm and professional. He explained everything and I needed shockwave treatment and PT His team works with JAG PT and Katherine and Dr K work together. I am a weekend warrior not a serious athlete but I felt I was treated the same as a professional athlete . Top marks!
in Portland, OR |
I called HSS referral service to see who is the best at OCD for the ankle. They referred me to Kennedy. Kennedy spent 45 min explaining my situation. I kept the drawing he drew. For the surgery, he used echoscopic cameras to see into the joint and fixed a big crater with stem cells and growth factors and bone all through a scar no bigger than a half inch. Post opp I had a special color MRI which shows I'm totally better.
in New York , NY |
I read my Army Reserves evaluation of Kennedy's office and went there as I had not been happy with other docs approach. The office put me at ease right away when his manager knew exactly what I was suffering from over the phone! Kennedy and his office were great! I did not need surgery just stem cell treatment from a torn tendon. After 2 years not exercising I'm on bike. I'm so grateful. Its turned my life around.
in Manhattan NY |
Cutting edge, caring and empathetic. Highly recommended. Five Stars!
in New York, NY |
Awesome care. Follow up was the best. Did a PB 6 weeks after removing a spare bone from the back of my ankle with keyhole surgery.
Kennedy is world class!
in London, LND |
Dr. Kennedy is what makes HSS the greatest hospital in the world! He is recognized as the best by me and my wife! I will refer anyone to this great hospital.
in Brooklyn, NY |
The office does not accept all insurance plans, but I knew that going in. I was worried about whether I could afford it. Dr K and his team are great! They negotiated with my insurance and it was nearly entirely covered! Best part... I can dance in my high heels again (in moderation of course)!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had a hole in my ankle bone. I was told I needed an ankle fusion. Consulted with Dr. Kennedy who explained it like a divot of bone and joint lining. No fusion needed and everything done with keyhole incision using a camera and stem cells. Only bad experience was a PA who was not too responsive. Kenned gave me his cell phone when he heard. I'm all set and wanted people to know this is cutting doc with old school caring.
in Jalalabad, Afghanistan |
I traveled from Afghanistan to see Dr. Kennedy. My friend recommended him, saying he had a great reputation. I had a very bad problem with my ankle. He exceeded my expectations. I am in full recovery. I must say, it was well worth the voyage.
in Jersey City, New Jersey |
I wanted a doctor who cared and whose staff reflected his care and compassion. I had been to many doctors offices in four states. Kennedy was my last stop but I wish he had been my first! His office manager kept in contact and worked with us for two months to get insurance to clear the surgery. No regrets.
in Manhattan, NY |
This doc is world class. Le-Bron with a scalpel.
in Greenwich, Connecticut |
Dr K has a diverse, international staff. I thought we would be unable to get an appointment because of his great reputation. My husband had a failed surgery by another doctor. We were very worried. However, we were able to see Dr. K in a timely fashion. He answered all our questions. He's very patient and thorough. The office staff navigated us through our insurance. Which lifted a heavy burden. We come from out of state, and we were worried this would be a problem. Post op, my husband is in reh
in Brooklyn, NY |
Excellent. 5 Star Service.
in Staten Island, NY |
I saw Dr. Kennedy operate on Youtube. I knew what he was a pro. When I went in to see him and he drew out the problem, clearly and thoroughly. He took a graft from my knee and translated it to my ankle. I figured it would take a year to recover. But I'm back in action 6 months later. I'm really grateful.
in Manhattan, NY |
Dr Kennedy and his nurses, Sheena and Susanne went above and beyond! The office worked with my insurance broker, making sure I received the best coverage... all I had to do was concentrate on recovery. 4 months later I feel like a new person.
in New York, NY |
Dr Kennedy operated on my ankle for a cartilage and ligament problem. It was my 4th surgery. The other surgeons botched it. Dr Kennedy fixed me up! I had a cartilage and seem cell transplant. Now I'm back to playing football with my kids! Dr Kennedy rocks!!
Have you seen Dr. John Kennedy, MD?
Are you Dr. Kennedy?

Compare Dr. Kennedy

Dr. Kennedy says...

Our office specializes in treating, preventing, and repairing injuries & defects of the foot and ankle.

• Arthroscopy of the Foot & Ankle
  • Osteochondral Lesions
  • Ankle Instability
  • Sports Injuries to the Foot & Ankle
  • Tendon Injuries to the Foot & Ankle
  • Arthritis of the Foot & Ankle
  • Biologics (PRP & BMAC)
  • Shockwave Therapy

Dr. Kennedy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Torticollis

Dr. Kennedy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kennedy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ankle Arthroscopy
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate