Dr. John Kefer, MD

Dr. John Kefer, MD

Urology  |

Dr. Kefer is a board-certified urologist who joined our practice from the Cleveland Clinic, the world's most specialized urology program. He is a member of the American Urologic Association, and is Co-director of Urological Robotic Surgery at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center, His practice interests include single-site scalpeless vasectomies, treatment and prevention of kidney stones, minimally-invasive treatment of kidney cancer, urinary incontinence in women and men, prostate enlargement/ prostate health, sexual dysfunction, surgical and non-surgical prostate cancer treatment, and male fertility.

Alpine Urology

• HealthPartners
  • PHCS
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Kefer

See how frequently Dr. Kefer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Urinary Disorders
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)

Dr. Kefer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kefer "Alpine Urology's purpose is to provide our patients with the best possible urologic treatment and care. Our goal is to make each patient, their family members, and their referring physician feel their individual needs concerning treatment are met. It is our intention to ensure confidence and satisfaction at all levels, from our initial meeting with the patient through the final treatment follow-up and billing process."

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Kefer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kefer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kefer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Avista Adventist Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Kefer is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Kefer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kefer to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Kefer's Performance
in Boulder, CO |
Dr. Kefer is a great doctor. He is very caring and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him to any of my family members.
in Westminster, CO |
My family and I are extremely Grateful Dr. John Kefer, MD for saving my Life, he is very brilliantly, professional and alway respectful. Dr. John Kefer and the amazing team of Anesthesia Doctor, Surgery team Nurses and Good Samaritan Medical Center staff: Everyone we came across were compassionate, respectful, and made our stay comfortable. We will not hesitate to recommend Dr. John Kefer, MD the excellent quality patient care we received here to other. Thank you Doctor for everything.
in Westminster, CO |
Dr. Kefer proved to be the right choice for my urology needs. He was both professional and measured in his diagnosis of my prostate cancer. After two second opinions on my options, both agreed with Dr. Kefer's recommendation. I would gladly recommend him to my friends and relatives.
Montrose, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kefer for several years. When others in his field threw up their hands Dr. Kefer is able to think outside the box. His persistence eventually led to the elimination of my pain and related issues. More recently, when I started to feel pain during a surgical procedure he immediately paused the operation until I was comfortable and the pain completely eliminated. Without question I would recommend Dr. Keer to my friends and relatives. He is exceptional
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. Kefer is a highly skilled physician and surgeon who is willing to think outside the box to find solutions to difficult medical problems. In my most recent contact with him he performed a surgical procedure skillfully and with considerable regard for my comfort . When I felt a small amount of pain , he took immediate action to relieve it and carefully complete the procedure . I like his attention to pain management. I would highly recommend him .to anyone with urological problems .
Westminster, CO |
Dr. Kefer has given my husband a vasectomy and taken excellent care of my aunt and grandmother. I would recommend this urologist to anyone who needs assistance. He is very skilled and knows what he is doing. He was great at putting my family at ease about the surgeries being preformed. His office staff is also amazing, friendly and very prompt in getting things done. (which you do not find very often anymore) Thank you for everything you have done for my family!
in Wayland, MA |
I'm from Boston, visiting my daughter when the problem occurred. Dr. Kefer was caring and considerate, professional and patient. He has a "direct" style, but I like that. He clearly laid out how I should proceed, and, in a very caring way, performed a procedure. He helped me decide whether to fly back to Boston--and what to do when I got there. I feel lucky that, on a last-minute basis, I "got" Dr. Kefer and I highly recommend him.(Not sure her title, but Bre Porritt in that office was great!)
Dr. Kefer is the rudest man I have ever met. My dad needed to see him last year for a surgery that went bad and left him with a horrible, life-threatening infection. Kefer spoke down to my parents as if they were uneducated people. He had zero compassion and the most atrocious bedside manner I have ever seen. I would not send my worst enemy to see this jerk, let alone a loved one.
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. John Kefer is an amazing Urologist. I have been under his care for a UPJ/Kidney obstruction. 2 weeks ago he performed a DaVinci Pyeloplasty on me and it went very well. So well that I am already back to work. He is a kind doctor who is very competent and cares for his patients.
in Boulder, CO |
I had no-scalpel vasectomy with Dr. Kefer 5 days ago. I already feel great, with no pain at all! The procedure was also pain-free, doctor is amazing. There is lot of fear out there regarding vasectomy. It is a very simple procedure and I highly recommend Dr Kefer.
in Broomfield, CO |
Highly skilled and very caring. He assured me I would feel no pain and he was absolutely right. I was going to avoid tests but trusted him, and I was right. I cannot recommend Dr. Kefer more highly. Don't avoid prostate biopsy. It does not hurt. He explains everything. So glad I wears referred to him.
Broomfield, CO |
I am 69 and another victim of the dreaded Prostate Enlargement Club. Having an increase in my PSA, (even though I took medication for years), I was referred to Dr. Kefer by my PCP. He did some tests, kindly listened and explained the likely reason for the rise in my PSA, then suggested precision laser surgery. 3 days hassle with the catheter and some minor pain, but no more pills, it was completely successful and WOW, I can sleep through the night, feel 40 again. Thank you Dr. Kefer
in Loveland, CO |
I had to have surgery to open my prostate so I could urinate normally. Dr. Kefer suggested a green laser procedure. After researching this procedure, I found some bad horror stories which ramped up my anxiety. HOWEVER, the results of my surgery with Dr. Kefer has been amazingly easy and non eventful. I had no pain and no leaking. The only thing that I had was blood in my urine, a few blood clots that I passed and some tissue which was expected and it is tapering off every day. Excellent Dr
Have you seen Dr. John Kefer, MD?
Are you Dr. Kefer?