Dr. John Keeling, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Montgomery Orthopaedics 8401 Connecticut Ave Fl 8 Chevy Chase, MD 20815 Get Directions
Dr. John Keeling, MD
Dr. Keeling is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy and Georgetown University School of Medicine. He began his medical practice in 1999 at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. He has extensive training and experience in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery, Trauma and Post-traumatic deformity correction and Foot and Ankle Surgery. Dr. Keeling is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and received his fellowship training at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He served as Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon and Director of the Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle and Trauma Service at The National Naval Medical Center as well as Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon to the U.S. Congress.

Dr. Keeling's Care Philosophy

Montgomery Orthopaedics provides comprehensive and compassionate Orthopaedic care for both adults and children. Our surgeons are among the most highly trained and experienced in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with particular expertise in minimally invasive techniques/arthroscopy, hand surgery, joint replacement, spine surgery, sports medicine and foot and ankle surgery. We offer on-site certified physical therapists and occupational-hand therapists, in-house X-ray, and bracing services and custom orthotic fitting. Over the years we have treated a variety of professional athletes, weekend warriors and other musculoskeletal injuries from all age groups who need the highest quality care for complex conditions. Our physicians will exhaust every conservative treatment option before surgical intervention is recommended. Patients requiring surgery will be educated on the procedure, any risks, and the post-surgical rehabilitation process. Our goal is to help you keep fit for life!

Dr. Keeling's Experience

See how Dr. Keeling's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Keeling

Dr. Keeling accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Keeling is now accepting new patients
Montgomery Orthopaedics8401 Connecticut Ave Fl 8
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301) 949-8100Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Keeling has admitting privileges.

Dr. Keeling's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Keeling to family and friends
Dr. Keeling's Performance
Kensington, MD |
Dr. Keeling was friendly, warm and clear are on treatment. Follow-up appointments and additional feedback/care was handled promptly.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Keeling explains everything very well and detailed. I always ask so many questions and he always answers very well and patiently. He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I am very happy to be his patient. He did a surgery on me and it has healed wonderfully. He is always available even last minute appointments.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Keeling is very approachable, kind and knowledgeable. I came in with an knee issue that I had been worried about and he ease my worries and explained everything very well.
very good
in Kensington, MD |
Great doctor who will take the time to explain exactly what is wrong and what all the treatment options are. He also takes the time to listen to you.
Potomac, MD |
He is very knowledgeable and a good surgeon. He is patient and explains different options, with their risks and benefits.
Potomac, MD |
experienced and knowledgeable. great doc.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Very helpful and open to any questions.
in Potomac, MD |
Very prompt. Listens and relates. Good bedside manner.
in Potomac, MD |
Always trust Dr Keeling when it comes to my feet and joints. Being a nurse, I need someone who I can trust with my feet. He has operated on one ankle injured in a work accident and I am back with another injury. Helpful and takes the time to listen.
in Potomac, MD |
I'm so grateful for Dr. Keeling. Having someone I could trust made my whole healing process so much more better.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Keeling was polite, professional and friendly. He read the X-rays quickly, acknowledged the pain and suggested an easy recovery route.
Potomac, MD |
We had a great experience being treated by Dr. Keeling and staff.
in Potomac, MD |
Dr Keeling was recommmended by my primary. I had a muscular tear in my right hip and bursitis in my left knee from a Crossfit workout, and the pain was moderate to serious. He listened, was informative, took ample time to take cautious steps in my treatment. He prescribed PT before running me thru an MRI and more extensive tests- so never had to get to the MRI stage. After 2 months of PT and home exercise, my pain reduced significantly.
in College Park, MD |
Dr. Keeling is excellent! He has a great combination of experience and bedside manner! He takes time to speak with you and answer all your questions. His office staff and the team he has assisting him is also wonderful. All of his staff truly care about the patients!
Potomac, MD |
Dr and staff were amazing with our 4 year old.
Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr Keeling is so humble and friendly which any Physician should have that behaviors.I am recommending to any body.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Absolutely, I recommend Dr. Keeling and this office. My 9 year old felt at ease.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Keeling has treated multiple injuries through the years and each situation was handled with skilled professionalism and a rapid return to health. I couldn't be more appreciative.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
My appointment was on time, I was quickly taken care of and Dr. Keeling was his usual congenial self.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
dr keeling exemplifies the best of what you would hope your doctor would be!
Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Keeling was able to diagnose me when two other doctors said nothing was wrong. I'm so happy he was recommended to me!
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Outstanding! It is a complicated situation and I made as much progress as possible. Now he is advising and I agree that there is nerve involvement and recommended seeing a neurologist.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Very smart, competent doctor. Gives the best, most practical advise. So glad to know who to call for foot and knee issues.
in Washington DC |
Dr Keeling was friendly thorough and reliable. Scheduling prior to the workday was easy and m appointments always efficient. Based on my injury, surgery was an option, which of course he profits from, but he did not recommend surgery; to me, this displays a true interest in what is best for the patient. Highly recommend!
Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr Keeling is great - would highly recommend him.
He the best
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Keeling is very attentive and personable. As well as being an expert on foot and ankles I Feel very confident in both his options and recommendations.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Keeling truly cares about the wellbeing of his patients. He equips you with the knowledge to make the right decisions in regards to your recovery and he is always on point with and explains everything in details. I recommend that you go to home to get great service .
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Keeling was very nice to work with. He was straight forward on my diagnosis and anticipated recovery. Prior to surgery he came by and chatted which helped relieve my anxiety. He seemed to tailor his post surgery directions based on my progress (which was good) so that it shortened my time needed to wear a boot. Had one hiccup with a post surgery infection which was treated right away and without further complications.
Excellent service. Fast & Friendly staff. Dr. Keeling is great
in chevy chase, md |
DR KEELING IS A VERY PERSONABLE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE PHYSICIAN. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
in Washington DC |
Really appreciate. Dr. Keeling' care and thoroughness!
Chevy Chase, MD |
Very personable and cares about the patients
in Chevy Chase, MD |
A wonderful doctor - The best orthopedic surgeon in the greater D.C. area, in my experience!
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Both my wife and I have seen Dr. Keeling and we both had exceptional experiences. In my case, he saw me, had me diagnosed and on my way two hours after my initial call in!
Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Keeling has fantastic bedside manner. All of the PA's and xray techs are super friendly as well. I haven't waited once for my appointments, they always start on time.
in chevy chase, md |
Dr keeling is so awesome . I had a complicated fracture had to have surgery . He took very good care of me was very concerned along the way . He has given me my life back I'm now able to start walking after three . His assistants are awesome and always willing to helo
in Silver Spring |
I should write 3 reviews because Dr. Keeling has taken amazing care of my son, my daughter and me, two of which were operations. My son shattered his clavicle and was facing a metal plate for the rest of his life, but Dr. K used a novel technique that minimized risk and had my son healed and back to sports in less than 3 months. My SIX ankle sprains required ankle reconstruction - Dr. K performed it and I am back and running three months post surgery using novel procedures. He is amazing!!
in Washington, DC |
Dr Keeling was exceptional! He expertly diagnosed my ankle problem and treated me for 3 months to complete recovery. He is very compassionate and caring! Would recommend him and his staff highly.
chevy chase, md |
Very nice physician, answered all my questions and is very caring. Took very good care of my me.
Dr. Keeling is patient and understanding. He listened to my concerns regarding my ankle and offered treatment options. I ultimately chose surgery and am healing very well. Back to doing all of my activities for daily living and many of my sports activities.
Silver Spring, MD |
He does not listen to you. I felt I was on a conveyor belt. He assumed I had a torn rotary cuff (I didn't), Then for a knee injury, he gave me a knee brace that harmed me as his assistant attempted to put it on. I limped out of there with the assistant looking away--no icing of the knee, etc. Then I was charged for the knee brace after the insurance paid. He has a part time person for foot orthodics so if they don't fit, expect to wait 2 wks to a month. Don't use this practice!
in Barnesville Md |
Dr. Keeling was very informative and kind.
Have you seen Dr. John Keeling, MD?
Are you Dr. Keeling?

Compare Dr. Keeling

Dr. Keeling says...

Dr. Keeling is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy and Georgetown University School of Medicine. He began his medical practice in 1999 at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.  He has extensive training and experience in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery, Trauma and Post-traumatic deformity correction and Foot and Ankle Surgery.

Dr. Keeling's Care Philosophy

Montgomery Orthopaedics provides comprehensive and compassionate Orthopaedic care for both adults and children. Our surgeons are among the most highly trained and experienced in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with particular expertise in minimally invasive techniques/arthroscopy, hand surgery, joint replacement, spine surgery, sports medicine and foot and ankle surgery. We offer on-site certified physical therapists and occupational-hand therapists, in-house X-ray, and bracing services and custom orthotic fitting. Over the years we have treated a variety of professional athletes, weekend warriors and other musculoskeletal injuries from all age groups who need the highest quality care for complex conditions. Our physicians will exhaust every conservative treatment option before surgical intervention is recommended. Patients requiring surgery will be educated on the procedure, any risks, and the post-surgical rehabilitation process.  Our goal is to help you keep fit for life!

Dr. Keeling's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Keeling has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Keeling's Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Gout
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Malunion of Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprains and Tears
  • Meniscal Cyst
  • Metatarsal Fracture
  • Monoarthropathy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Neuropathic Arthropathy
  • Stress Fracture
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Union Memorial Hospital

Completed in 2006

US Naval Academy

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Keeling does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Keeling and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Forefoot Reconstruction
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment