Dr. John Kayal, MD

Dr. John Kayal, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. John Kayal, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Marietta, GA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

141 Lacy St NW Ste 200

Marietta, GA 30060

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Kayal

See how frequently Dr. Kayal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Acne
Skin Infections
Hives

Dr. Kayal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Mohs Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Yale
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Emory University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Mohs Surg/Univ Of Al
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Kayal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kayal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kayal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kayal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kayal to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Kayal's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
Unforgivably long wait time. I had to wait for one hour and when requested to cancel the appointment, the receptionist went inside and returned with an answer that it won't take more than few minutes. So I decided to wait for few more minutes and then, they placed me in a consulting room saying that the doctor will see me as soon as possible. I'm still waiting for any one to show up. It's 1.5 hours from my scheduled appointment.
Cartersville, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Jayal for three years. I find his work to be thorough and he is always pleasant. He has always been on time and takes the time to explain what needs to be done and why. His support staff has deteriorated over the past 18 moths. The wait time to see an assistant is unacceptable, to the point I must now find a new dermatologist. The office manager, who must not have been taught to say "I/we apologize " makes Attila the Hun look like Santa.
Marietta, GA |
Dr. Kayal's office is beautiful. All the staff that assisted with me were helpful and welcoming. The PA's and Dr. are knowledgeable and I will definitely be back.
Marietta, GA |
I like Kayal Dermatology for the easy access with my other doctors in Marietta and the friendly staff. I would recommend this practice because when you leave the office you are satisfied with the outcome.
in Marietta, GA |
Love this office and Dr. Kayal is such a great Doctor! So far I have had to have a pre-cancerous and a basal cell carcinoma removed. He got them both in one treatment and you can't even see the scars now. My whole family goes to Kayal Dermatology. A+++
Marietta, GA |
Would highly recommend this office. Both the PAs and the doctor are very knowledgeable and have been able to help me with multiple skin conditions over the years.
Marietta, GA |
I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr Kayals office. I have been a patient there for many years. Everyone there is so friendly, knowledgeable from the front office to the back. The providers have all taken their time with me and the office staff is great. I would highly recommend this office to anyone.
in Marietta, GA |
I had such a pleasant experience at Dr. Kayal's beautiful new office. I was seen promptly and every staff member I encountered was not only helpful but very caring. I will be referring this office to all my friends, family and to anyone I know that needs a dermatologist.
Marietta, GA |
I had a very pleasant experience at Kayal dermatology, Talley who is a PA there is an excellent provider and very well informed PA. Her MA is very well informed also and prompt with patient care. The office staff is very friendly and the new building is a beautiful site!
in Kennesaw, GA |
Staff has always been very friendly and accommodating on scheduling my appointments. Dr. Kayal is very easy to talk to and explains conditions and treatments in a way that is very easy to understand. He puts patient care first. Excellent office, HIGHLY recommended!
Marietta, GA |
Was referred here by urgent care for a rash and was very impressed by not only the staff but by the office atmosphere. I saw one of the physician assistants who was very thorough and genuine about my skin condition. Dr. Kayal even came and introduced himself and welcomed me to his practice. I definitely recommend this place.
Marietta, GA |
Dr. Kayal made for a fantastic experience! The office is so nice and clean and the staff was very nice and helpful! What should've been a nerve-wracking visit turned out to be a breeze. I'll be back!
Acworth, GA |
No idea about these reviews other than people not knowing about derm. I have had the best experience in the last year with the PAs and Dr Kayal. I went in for acne, and was given product recommendations and prescriptions. (That I LOVE) I had a problem with a prescription being too expensive, (which is NOT the doctors fault!) and when I called they immediately sent in an alternate. My skin cancer check was a 2nd appt because of insurance often denying 2 things, which makes sense! Love them!
Marietta, GA |
Went to see Dr. K. and his team for help with some skin issues. Worked with Dr. K himself as well as the Esthetician on several regimes. I've been in and out of treatment for quite some time . My Doctor Medical group has an excellent, compassionate and extremely dedicated staff who are incredibly knowledgeable about the latest cutting edge treatments and therapies. I credit them with helping me get from a horrific problem with my skin to where I am today!!!
Canton, GA |
Went with dry skin on my face and a mole on my scalp. Walked out with DEEP Shavings. Only to be told, now the more expensive surgery is necessary to repair what they did. Get a second opinion before allowing them to deep cut on your body.
in Marietta, GA |
went to his office with my daughter who happen to have two skin problems. They told us they will address only one problem right now. To address second problem we have to make another appointment. You get be kidding me...... Trying to rip off, please stay away go somewhere else
Marietta, GA |
The staff is great, but Dr. Kayal is only interested in pushing expensive products and procedures. He is intrusive and rude and has no qualms about suggesting procedures to "fix" problems HE has with your appearance. Several times now he has given me completely unsolicited advice concerning how he would "fix" problem areas never identified by me as areas of concern or dissatisfaction. Zero bed side manner and way too aggressive for me.
in Marietta Ga |
As best as I can tell Kayal has a habit of taking deliberately small margins on simple mole removals to essentially guarantee a more involved next visit if the lab work comes back with concerns. I have seen this on more then one occasion from him. On my last visit he left about 80% of a problematic mole. I noticed right then while he was still in the room, and was reassured that no he got it “all”. Avoid this Dr if you can. Unless you just like going in for extra avoidable visits.
in Marietta, GA |
Be ready to be upsold on a bunch of procedures that you don't need. I'm only 40; I don't need $2000 in face injections. Not the place to go if you're on a budget. Pricing is super high based on the area and market. They offered me an incentive/points program of sorts, but no staff members were familiar with the program or could explain it to me. The receptionist was really personable, but all the other staff had zero bed side manner. I won't be going back.
in Marietta, GA |
Made an appointment for my daughter for 2 problems eczema and acne. We saw a PA who said we could only have one problem addressed. Spent no more than 10 minutes in the room, didn't even touch her face or examined her and got charged for a level 3 visit! I am a physician but did not disclose that to that office. Worst costumer service ever
in Woodstock, GA |
Very misleading in their test results and treatments.
in Marietta, GA |
Awe are very disappointed with this practice. I made my husbands appointment and specifically told them he needed a mole removed from his face. He arrived this am and never saw the doctor and was told the doctor did not do this They should have told me on the phone I would have called another doctor He will go back for follow up and then we are done with this practice.
in Marietta, GA |
Underwhelmed. Diagnosis was quick. The PA did not look directly at skin, just glanced, and determined needs in under five minutes. All prescriptions were too expensive (over $100 each). Dr. was out of town. I went elsewhere, for a second opinion - during the exam they found a pre-cancerous spot on my face that Dr. Kayal's office may have noticed had the exam been thorough. Unfortunate.
in Marietta GA |
Dr. Kayal has been my dermatologist for quite a few years. I have been pleased with Dr. Kayal; however his office staff is not well trained. This situation has deteriorated to intolerable at the new Lacey Street office. I hope this can be corrected soon.
in Kennesaw, GA |
It appears that Dr. Kayal has invested a lot into providing pleasant surroundings and a comfortable experience for his patients. He is a very friendly person and comes across as very confident and professional. His staff is great and help by explaining what's going on and answering questions.
in Marietta, GA |
Excellent experience with the initial appointment with the PA. Nightmare going forward. He performs unnecessary procedures. Staff does not return calls. It has been horrible.
Have you seen Dr. John Kayal, MD?
Are you Dr. Kayal?

Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Tricare
    Tricare
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance