Dr. John Kastrup, MD

Dr. John Kastrup, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |

Dr. John Kastrup, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Henderson, NV. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Kastrup is affiliated with Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus, St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus, Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.

Nevada Orthopedic and Spine Center

1505 Wigwam Pkwy Ste 330

Henderson, NV 89074

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Culinary Health Fund
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • Health Plan of Nevada
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Kastrup

See how frequently Dr. Kastrup performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Kastrup's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kastrup "When it comes to providing quality comprehensive orthopedic care, our Board Certified and Board Eligible Orthopedic Surgeons are setting the standards in Southern Nevada. We are committed to excellence by pledging to provide the highest quality of orthopedic care possible. Whether it is the treatment of immediate, chronic, pediatric, or work-related injuries, we strive to provide optimal health care until our patients complete their journeys back to good health."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Sports Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University of Cincinnati / Main Campus
  • Hamot Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Kastrup has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kastrup does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kastrup and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kastrup's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kastrup to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kastrup's Performance
in Henderson, NV |
What a nice Doctor. Takes the time to talk to you.
Las Vegas, NV |
Amazing Doctor! He explained everything and every option to me.
Henderson, NV |
Very caring and professional. Anxious to give the best care and answer any questions you may have.
in Henderson, NV |
I like Dr. Kastrup very much. He was personable, professional and "knew his stuff" I would recommend him to anyone with a hip problem. His staff was also great. Helpful and informative.
in Henderson, NV |
Great Dr. Had a torn meniscus repaired on 7/25. Went to post op appointment and he told me he also removed a torn piece of cartilage from same knee. Hardly any pain after operation. By post op appointment two weeks later, almost full mobility in knee. This was surprising since I am 67 years old and expected a long recovery. I was even release to use the gym. Wonderful bed side manner, Very personable.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had knee replacement surgery June 12, 2017 and Dr. Kastrup was the kindest, efficient, smartest doctor I have had. He always explains everything he will be doing, asks what questions you have and answers them. He came to visit in hospital and took care of any requests you may have and makes it so easy to understand. Thank you for my wonderful new knee Michele Robinson
in Henderson, NV |
I saw Dr. Kastrup last week and he was such a wonderful kind doctor his complete staff the day I entered the office until I left were friendly and so helpful.
in Henderson, NV |
I went to Dr. Kastrup for hip replacement surgery and would highly recommend him. He is very thorough, easy to talk to, takes his time discussing and explaining what's happening and going to happen. Overall one of the best experiences I could have hoped for going through surgery.
in Henderson, NV |
DR. Kastrup replaced my knee and my hip and I could not be happier with the results. His mannerisms and sincert kindness to all his patients I would rate him one of the best orthopedic MD for his excellent service.
in Henderson, NV |
Great Doctor always on top of my problems knee works good going back to work,Thanks Dave
in Las Vegas, NV |
MY NEW HERO. I had replacement knee surgery. Totally painless, only normal disconfort. After only45 days, thismorning Dr Kastrup declared that my surgery was 100% a success and I am now completely recovered. How about that!! Dr Kastup has always been present for anything ever needed. He has my full confidence ans support..Keep it up.
in Henderson, NV |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kastrup to any and all who are in need and looking for a great doctor. He is not only very professional but is also kind, considerate, and very easy to talk too. He makes it easy for you to feel at ease when discussing your problem. When I had my surgery for a total knee replacement he made every effort to put my mind at rest before, during and after my stay at the hospital..I am so glad to have found such a wonderful doctor
in Las Vegas, NV |
I was taken good care of. Both the surgery and office visit went well. I am very satisfied with Dr. Kastrup,
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Kastrup did knee replacement surgery for me on 1-12-2017. I am very pleased with my surgery and the care I received from Dr Kastrup. As of today 2-22-2017 I am delighted to say I have no knee pain for the first time in many months. In December I could barely get in and out of a chair without assistance. Today I am walking unassisted and making plans to hike and swim with my Grandkids again. Not only would I recommend him to family and friends. I would personally drive them to his office.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Kastrup is a very pleasant person to deal with; he has a pleasant personality. He has a strong knowledge base and is able to apply this knowledge base to his patients. He is also a good listener and enjoys listening to you.
Henderson, NV |
Dr. Kastrup listens and explains thoroughly your diagnosis.
in Henderson, NV |
HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR AND LISTENS TO WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS. HE TAKES AS MUCH TIME NEEDED AND SOLVES YOUR PROBLEM QUICKLY.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I felt very comfortable talking with Dr. Kastrup he explained things to me so I could understand what was going on and what would happen. He gave me exercises to do before and after the hip replacement surgery. I was up and walking the night I had my new hip and no pain, it was great to feel that way again, 1 year later I'm doing great I might have a twinge now and then but no pain back to ding things I enjoy.
in Las Vegas |
Less than 4 weeks post TKA I was back to work without a cane or walker. Fantastic results. Dr. Kastrup and his staff explained everything that I would experience and answered all of my questions along the way. When my next knee needs replacement, there will be no apprehension. Thank you to Dr. Kastrup and especially Doreen for her patience!
Have you seen Dr. John Kastrup, MD?
Are you Dr. Kastrup?

Visit Dr. Kastrup

Dr. Kastrup accepts 20 insurance carriers
    HealthKeepers Plus POS
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Culinary Health Fund
    First Health (Coventry Health Care) EPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Guardian
    DentalGuard Preferred
  • Health Plan of Nevada
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Financial Group

Las Vegas, NV 89148
Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
5400 S Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Kastrup at Nevada Orthopedic and Spine Center

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist