Dr. J Scott Kasteler, MD

Dr. J Scott Kasteler, MD

Dermatology  |
43 reviews

Received his medical degree from University of Utah in 1991. Dr. Kasteler did his Internship at the University of Arizona from 1991 to 1992 and completed a Residency in Dermatology at the University of Louisville from 1992 to 1995. Dr. Kasteler is a Board Certified Dermatologist, having passed the board Certification Exam in the fall of 1995 and passed the Recertification Exam in June 2004. Dr. Kasteler is a Member of the Academy of Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology, Kentucky Medical Association and Greater Louisville Medical Society. He is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at University of Louisville and participates in the education of medical students, dermatology residents and residents in other specialties. Dr. Kasteler sees patients in both the Louisville, Kentucky and Jeffersonville, Indiana offices. Dr. Kasteler is married with five children. He enjoys time spent with his family and on a golf course....See Less

Forefront Dermatology - Louisville

501 S 2nd St

Louisville, KY 40202

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Kasteler

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Kasteler's Experience

Dr. Kasteler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Dermatitis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Mole Removal
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• University of Utah
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • University Of Utah School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • University Ariz
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University of Louisville
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Kasteler has no media or publications listed.

• Academy of Dermatology, Member

Dr. Kasteler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kasteler to family and friends
Dr. Kasteler's Performance
Louisville, KY |
My 9 year old son has been going to Dr. Kasteler for breakouts on his face. He is really good with kids and listens to their concerns. As a parent, I feel good about his recommendations for my son's skin care.
New Albany, IN |
Our experience with Dr. Kasteler and his medical assistant was excellent from start to finish, with friendly and professional care. We had excellent care from the front desk check-in to our checking out, with almost no wait time. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kasteler to others.
in Lanesville |
I recommend Dr. Kasteler for everyone! He and the staff are courteous, professional, a little humorous and they get you in and out. quickly. I have been very happy with my appointments there.
in Jeffersonville, IN |
I've been going to Dr. Kasteler for years as have several of my family members. We have and continue to always be pleased with our visits, the office staff and with Dr. Kasteler. He is always friendly, professional and thorough. He is also very down to earth and easy to talk to.
in New Albany, IN |
I have only had one appointment with Dr. Kasteler and I was favorably impressed. He was clear and direct and was ready to freeze some pre-cancerous spots right then. I asked about how I would look as I had a major event three days later. He suggested a reschedule and it was easy to get.
in Louisville, KY |
I am recommending Dr. Kasteler to everyone. He is professional and personable. He greeted me and was thorough. He wanted to make sure I had the opportunity to explain my concerns, and he was able to provide the best course of action. Most of my family lives in Michigan, but I am telling all my friends, co-workers, and peers that I had a wonderful experience that far exceeded 5 stars!
in Louisville, KY |
I love the fact that his office makes and KEEPS schedules. Waiting for hours is a thing of the past in his office. I have been with Dr. Kasteler through numerous skin problems, including melanoma, and have found him to be attentive to my problems and potential risks. .
in New Albany, IN |
Dr. Kasteler takes great care with his patients. He listens to my concerns and explains the reasons for certain skin conditions. So glad I was recommended to him! I highly recommend him for all your dermatology needs.
in Charlestown, IN |
One of the best medical teams I have ever worked with.
in Louisville, KY |
I've been a patient for over 20 years and always appreciate his thorough care and follow up if I have any questions.
Louisville, KY |
I have been seeing Dr. Kasteler for almost 20yrs now and I couldn't imagine seeing anyone else. He takes his time to explain everything he's doing, as well discussing any concerns he or you may have. He never tries to talk you into procedures or medicines you don't need but be careful not to have too much sun exposure when you visit or you will receive the "sunscreen lecture", especially if you're like me and have had several moles removed due to abnormalities.
Charlestown, IN |
Was in and out quickly. The staff was friendly and efficient.
in Louisville, KY |
I have known Dr. Kasteler for at least 20 years. Both my husband and I go to him. He is kind, gentle and a wonderful physician.
in Elizabethtown, KY |
My children have been seeing Dr. Kasteler for over 10 years for their severe eczema. He has always been kind, and caring and he listens to how we are feeling and answers any questions that we may have about treatment.
in Jeffersonville, IN |
Dr. Kasteler is an awesome doctor and a great Listener. He takes time to fully explain your condition, what the cause was and gives you a recommended treatment. His office staff is very courteous as well. I only had to wait a few minutes before he seen me. I highly recommend him.
Sellersburg, IN |
Very thorough. Listens to you and answers all your questions. He is a very concerned and trusting Doctor.
Jeffersonville IN |
I was pleased with Dr. Kasteler's service. Although the front office person was late to arrive, she, along with the nurse, were able to get me (a new patient) in and out in record time. I will definitely return!
in Jeffersonville Indiana |
Dr Kasteler made me feel at ease and was very thorough. He answered all my questions, and gave me suggestions on skin cancer future prevention. I will definitely use him in the future, and have recommended friends!
in New Albany, IN |
Dr. K is great. He always answers my questions.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Kasteler is efficient, effective, and caring. He has provided dermatology services to me for years. I really like the ease of parking and the convenient downtown location.
in Louisville, KY |
He has a "great bedside manner", explains every procedure well, shows great interest in me as a patient and knows what he is doing. His staff is very friendly, professional, efficient, and obviously enjoy working with him. In sum, Dr. Kasteler and the staff inspire confidence that the patient is getting the best care!
in Louisville, KY |
As always he took care of my problem was caring and friendly and you get the feeling that he is truly caring of your issues.
Prospect, KY |
Aside from being highly qualified, Dr. Kasteler is very personable. An office visit with him has always been an enjoyable experience.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Kasteler explains the treatments and is comfortable to talk to.
in Jeffersonville, IN |
I've been a patient of Dr. Kasteler for several years and am very pleased with my treatment from him and his staff.
in Sellersburg, IN |
Dr. Kasteler is completely sincere, knowledgeable, and personable. I look forward to seeing him even when I know he is going to stick a big needle in my hand! He is great!
in Georgetown, IN |
Arrived for my appointment and was taken back within the first 10 minutes. The doctor and staff were very friendly.i
in Scottsburg, IN |
Dr. Kasteler was extremely friendly and thorough.
Have you seen Dr. J Scott Kasteler, MD?

Visit Dr. Kasteler

Dr. Kasteler accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

More Dermatologists at Forefront Dermatology - Louisville