Dr. John Josephson, MD

Dr. John Josephson, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. John Josephson, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Fairfax, VA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Read his story

3903 Fair Ridge Dr Ste 209

Fairfax, VA 22033

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Josephson

See how frequently Dr. Josephson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Keratoconus
high
Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
high
Ocular Surface Reconstruction

Dr. Josephson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Josephson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Josephson "Dr. Josephson is a Board Certified Fellowship trained ophthalmologist serving Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties for many years with compassion and highest level of care."

This content was provided by Dr. Josephson "Compassion and highest level of care!"

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • No-Stitch Corneal Transplantation (DLEK)
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus
  • Georgetown University Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University Of California, San Diego
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Josephson has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic, Egyptian
  • Farsi
  • Korean
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Josephson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Josephson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Josephson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Josephson to family and friends
Dr. Josephson Says:

Please feel free to let us know how you feel and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Dr. Josephson's Performance
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Josephson has it all going. He has an outstanding staff and he provides a positive experience and excellent outcome. I couldn't ask for more.
Outstanding doctor, very personable.and very thorough in his treatment.
in Oak Hill VA |
Dr. Josephson is friendly and pleasant. He is extremely capable and competent and has a top-notch office staff. I am an 80-year-old type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure. My eyes were very hard to dilate, but Dr. Josephson handled these challenges with no problem. His office is in an ideal location for people in Western Fairfax County, Loudoun County, and Prince William County. Two of the places he does surgery are the Reston Surgery Center and at a location in Manassas.
in Herndon |
My experience with Dr. Josephson (and staff) was wonderful. I felt like I was his only patient. He spent as much time with me as I needed. He even addressed me in the waiting room as if he had known me a long time. in other words, I wasn't ;just another patient. The surgery was a piece of cake. My concerns were answered and my recovery was exactly as he said it would be. My husband is having cataract surgery, also. We have no worries at all. You will be in good hands with Dr. Josephson.
in Reston |
Dr Josephson did a fantastic job with my cataract surgery on my left eye. I paid a little extra money to get treated with the laser and to get progressive lens as Medicare and my medigap insurance only provided the most basic of services and I'm really glad I did. There was absolutely no pain during the whole procedure, and practically no discomfort after the procedure. I need to schedule cataract surgery on my right eye now and I'm definitely having Dr. Josephson do it. I wholeheartedly re
in BURKE |
I enjoyed meeting Dr. Josephson. He is very knowledgeable. Dr. Josephson took the time to answer any of my questions. The office staff is very courteousness and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Josephson.
Dr. Josephson is very caring and professional. He seems to take a personal interest in each of his patients, and is a very good listener. I always feel that he is knowledgeable and an expert in his field. He creates a reassuring atmosphere, and is worthy of my trust and confidence in him.
Manassas, VA |
Knowledgeable, confident, and scheduled a same day appointment when I needed it the most. The technology in the office is impressive.
Fairfax, VA |
Great experience and consult. Eyes are my biggest fear of having troubles, even drops. They were awesome and responsive - 5 stars
in Ashburn, VA |
I have been a long time patient of Dr. Josephson and he is an outstanding eye doctor. He is personable and easy going. The office atmosphere is professional and efficient. The best eye doctor ever.
in Centreville, Virginia |
The staff is absolutely wonderful. The office is very pleasant and Dr. Josephson is absolutely he takes his time with you to make sure you understand everything and that he gives you the best recommendation that will work for you. I would definitely recommend this office to all my friends and Family.. -Tashon Ellis Centreville, VA
in Centreville, VA |
Dr. Josephson took the time to explain my medical condition , friendly office staff and short waiting time.
Fairfax VA |
Dr. Josephson and his staff provided me with excellent care for my cataract surgery. They very patiently explained the procedure, answered my many questions and relieved my anxiety about the surgery. I am so grateful to have my vision back to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Josephson!
in Leesburg, VA |
Dr. Josephson is amazing! It can be quite unnerving to have eye problems and after meeting and becoming a patient all my fears were put to rest. His innovative and experienced approach to caring for eyes is top notch!! I consider myself very blessed to have found such an amazing and talent doctor to trust my eyes to!!!
Fairfax, VA |
I highly recommend Dr. Josephson and his entire office staff! I had an eye emergency and Dr. Josephson was able to see me right away. I barely had time to sit down in his office before he brought me to the back for examination. He promptly flushed the debris out of my eye. The office staff were very friendly as well. I would definitely go back to him again!
in Reston Virginia |
Dr. Josephson is a very talented surgeon who is also caring and personable. He is never too busy to answer questions from apprehensive patients (like me) and is always careful to be sure that patients are informed and comfortable! After successful cataract surgery which has allowed me to see more clearly than ever before, if I had a third eye I would want him to do that one too! He is the best! ??
in Burke, VA |
Dr. Josephson has completed the work of a different Doctor. He has cleaned the obscuring film behind both of my replacement lenses (cataract replacement lenses) easily and thoroughly. He is very personable and reassuring. His office staff are very receptive, and competent. I am so pleased to ever have discovered his services.
in Bristow, VA |
What a wonderful Doctor, he did me surgery, he is excellent!
Ashburn, VA |
Dr. Josephson is an amazing eye surgeon. I am 46 years old and had Symfony lenses to replace my natural lenses. My vision had gotten so bad I couldn't see anything clearly without glasses at any distance. These lenses have changed my life. When I had a slight issue with one eye, he was available after hours and quickly fixed the problem and alleviated my fears. I would recommend him to anyone at any age for any eye condition.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Josephson is, in my opinion and based on my experiences as his patient, an outstanding Ophthalmologist who restored vision quality to me that I hadn’t had since I was a teenager, which includes the benefit of eliminating the need to wear glasses. The bottom line is that I highly recommend Dr. Josephson to anyone in need of the services of a quality and caring Ophthalmologist. Trusting your eyes to someone takes a high level of confidence and Dr. Josephson is most deserving of that trust.
in Fairfax, VA |
My multi-year ophthalmologist just retired; his office recommended Dr. Josephson. During my first visit (of many to come, probably) the staff and Dr. Josephson were as cordial as one could expect. Dr. Josephson was matter-of-fact with a confident attitude and certainly his background strongly supports that confidence.
in Herndon, VA |
Our son needed to have xrays and a physical exam after a hit and run incident damaged his face, eye area and cheek. We called on Friday and were able to see Dr. Josephson on Saturday morning! Impressed with his explanation of the images and grateful he was able to see us so quickly!
in Woodbridge, VA |
I was fortunate to have discovered Dr.Josephson while enduring a painful cornea condition. Surgery was scheduled and performed just two days after my initial diagnostic appointment. Dr. Josephson took the time to explain the procedure to me, thoroughly answered my numerous questions, and was affable and reassuring throughout the entire process. Highly recommended!
in Fairfax Virginia |
Dr. Josephson and his staff were very professional, explained every step of my eye exam, and I felt very comfortable in their care. My husband will be making an appointment with Dr. Josephson too.
in Clifton, VA |
My experience with Dr. Josephson was very positive. The front office was helpful with the scheduling and check-in process, the doctor's examination was thorough. The doctor gave me several options to consider for my eye condition. Totally impressed with his attention for explaining medical details. True medical professional and his entire staff are very welcoming, Will definitely recommned him to any person looking for eye care .
in Herndon, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr Josephson for four years. He is a person who always cares about ones health and well being. You are definetly not a number here. He has operated on both my eyes at different times and achevied excellent results. I have complete trust in him and his skills as a surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone needing help and guidance on problems with their eyes.
in Leesburg, VA |
Needed a refill for eyedrops. Made an appointment and asked for the RX refill. Dr. Josephson was nice and caring. He checked to make sure my vision was okay and said the prescription should be on the way. I received the refill the day after the appointment. Yes, yes, yes, I would recommend him to friends and family. His practice is 10 out 10.
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Josephson was extremely nice and thorough. He really seemed to know what he was talking about and explained everything in a way that was easy for me to understand.
in Ashburn, VA |
Excellent care and attention. Very good staff.
in Leesburg, VA |
Dr. Josephson is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors of any I've ever had. He'll spend time with you, explain everything, and follow up with a level of personal attention and care that is remarkable. Looking at his charitable works, I believe that this is because it's just who he is as a person. I respect many of my doctors for their knowledge and skill. With Dr. Josephson, I can add that I also respect him for his character.
Have you seen Dr. John Josephson, MD?
Are you Dr. Josephson?

Visit Dr. Josephson

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Josephson accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Exchange
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Josephson has admitting privileges