Dr. John Irving, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Irving

The Orthopaedic Group division of Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists

30 Commerce Park Ste 3B Milford, CT 06460

Dr. John Irving, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Milford, CT and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Irving's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Irving

4.4

Dr. Irving?
Dr. Irving's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Irving, MD
compassionate
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Very professional, scoped out my issue immediately & discussed a positive solution.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr irving is an excellent Doctor. He listens to his patients issues and is very professional and knowledgable regarding how to correct the situation. I have and will continue to give referrals to family and friends regarding Dr Irving. He is outstanding
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I have had one knee and two hip replacements and one hip revision with Dr. Irving and APA Shannon Hardy. The have my greatest confidence and I have recommended The Orthopaedic Group to several persons over the past five years. Professional; very much so, but, equally as important to me, really nice people who care about my joint replacement condition and overall well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr. Irving I had met you probably for a total of 30 minutes and during this encounter I already knew you were the most competent and compassionate doctor I had met over the years. At my initial office visit you rolled your chair right up to me and made me feel so comfortable. I could go on and on about all your qualities but wanted you to know that I truly have the utmost respect and admiration for you. Sharon M.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I've just had my second surgery with Dr. Irving my hip 7 years ago and my knee last January. Both experiences far surpassed any preconceptions i might have had about replacement surgery. Dr Irving's confident attitude was backed up totally by the excellence of both of my surgeries. And to have Doctor with a sense of humor on top only made it better. The staff he works with at Milford hospital kept me comfortable and the stay as good as possible..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Had a hip replacement year and a half ago! Operation went perfect and so was the recovery. No issues and full use of hip! Dr Irving was great and so was his entire staff. Followup has been very good too! Happy I had it down.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
My dad has had several knee surgeries by Dr. Irving one being a complicated knee revision. He is doing great and now enjoys many of the activities that he could not do before the surgeries. His stay at Milford hospital was wonderful and he praised the experience. He often recommends his family and friends to see Dr. Irving if they need to be evaluated for hip or knee arthritis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I had hip replacement surgery in Nov. 2017. I was scared, of course, but after meeting with Dr, Irving, all my fears vanished. I was in constant pain 24/7, unable to do anything especially walk--my leg hurt from groin to ankle. After the surgery, I was "cured". What a difference---I can do anything now pain-free. Unbelievable, difference. I would NOT hesitate to do it again. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Irving--he is a "miracle worker"...very caring & highly knowledgeable. Just one of the BEST
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Stay away! but...... if want an office that schedules the wrong type of appointment just to call and cancel or reschedule, or a Dr who never calls back a week later (still waiting) or a full hip replacement with pain that never went away,or Staff that is rude, than this is the place for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr. Irving has done both of my hips. My VA physicians kept telling me to wait because of my age. I was getting more and more debilitated. I was unable to enjoy life and recreation. I saw Dr. Irving for my first hip a few years ago and had my second hip done last year. I couldn't be doing any better. I am playing goalie on a hockey team three nights a week! The Milford Hospital joint center cannot be beat. The cleanliness and the nursing care are outstanding. Can't say enough about Dr. Irving..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Irving to anyone considering hip replacement. He and his staff, including Milford Hospital, made the entire experience positive, easy, and above all, successful. Three weeks after the surgery I was out and about, including rehearsing for a show; by six weeks I could ride my bike; by 8 weeks I was completely back into normal physical activities including water aerobics and yoga; and in the fourth month out from surgery I was playing tennis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I had bilateral hip surgery and was back working in my barn in about 5 weeks. I am now riding horses again, ?? Dr Irving gave me my life back! ( thanks to Shannon too!)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr. Irving and his staff including out-patient physical therapy were efficient and concerned anout my evaluation and needs at each stage of postoperative hip replacement surgery. I was particularly impressed with the follow up calls from various staff which continued for the three months following surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr. Irving and his staff are professional, competent and compassionate – the best! He replaced my left knee in 2012; in 2014 it developed a staph infection. Following debridement, he and my infectious disease dr. put me on antibiotic suppression therapy. It failed. On 4/12/17, he removed the prosthesis. My case is complicated; my reluctance for revision surgery made it more so, but he's confident I will be cured. Real recovery begins after I get another new knee - we hope in June. Stay tuned!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I am so grateful to Dr. Irving who gave me my fabulous new hip! I could hardly walk when I went to see Dr. Irving. It was amazing within a few weeks I was feeling great. He is compassionate and an extraordinary surgeon. I recommend him to anyone who is dealing with hip or knee problems. I plan on having a knee replacement this fall, and wouldn't consider any other doctor to do my surgery! Thank you so much Dr. Irving. Kelly G.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr. Irving has done bilateral total knee and hip surgeries over the years on me and has always treated me as a real person and not just a conveyor belt patient, next, nope; that's not Dr. Irving ! Not only is he a top notch surgeon, but a really great person himself. The last surgery he did for me, his office called me and asked if they could change my hip surgery date to the following day. It was because he wanted more time to work on me to get it corrected to the best if could be for me !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
Dr Irving replaced my left hip in 2013, and is replacing my right hip in Sept 2016!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I had my left hip replacement July 21 15 and my right knee done April 2016. Excellent Doctor and Staff. Always outstanding Work and a Speedy Recovery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?
I had a total knee replacement 2 weeks ago and I'm doing great. No one can believe how well I'm walking and doing in such a short period of time. I waited several years to have this surgery because I HEARD HOW PAINFUL AND DIFFICULT THIS WAS. I didn't find it that way at all. His method of performing the surgery is what helps the patients progresses. I would STRONGLY recommend this wonderful man to anyone considering a total knee replacement. HE IS THE BEST.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Irving, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Irving?

Our goal is to uphold the highest of medical standards while treating all patients with dignity and respect. We recognize each patient is unique and seek to meet their individual needs. It is our pledge to provide the best possible care for our patie...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

1983
Mayo Graduate School Of Med Mayo Foundation
1982
Tulane University School Of Medicine
1983
1982

Dr. Irving accepts

Dr. Irving accepts the following insurance:

Connecticare
Oxford Health Plans
Railroad Medicare
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Irving's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Irving's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Irving treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Irving treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Irving treats patients.

Milford Hospital