Dr. John Hong, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. John Hong, MD
Dr. John Hong, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Bolingbrook, IL. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Hong is affiliated with Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.

Dr. Hong's Care Philosophy

Comprehensive, compassionate, and individualized approach to the unique needs of chronic pain sufferers.

Dr. Hong's Experience

See how Dr. Hong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hong

Dr. Hong accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Hong is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Hong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hong to family and friends
    Dr. Hong's Performance
    in ILLINOIS |
    Dr. Hong is extremely friendly and professional. He shows compassion and listens intently to me during my visits.
    in Volo, IL |
    I've had a great experience with favorable results, so far... I'm still in the process of further treatments in different parts of my spaine, but I'm encouraged by the pain relief up to this point.
    in Homer Glen, IL |
    An incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable specialist. I wish I'd have seen him much sooner. Super credentials! Truly gifted!
    in Downers Grove, IL |
    Fantastic doctor and staff. Dr Hong is terrific, proffesional and knowledgeable about pain control.
    in Glen Ellyn, IL |
    I have been going to Dr Hong for about two years... He not only listens carefully to your concerns,but he cares... He doesn't just push meds like so many others, he works with you to find the right treatment for your chronic pain. He is ver honest. I am a 65 year old woman with severe chronic neck and spine pain and he always finds a way to help... If he can't for some reason or another he will be Frank...
    in Bolingbrook IL. |
    I have been suffering in Extreem PAIN since 2007 from broken Back. I have had what I thought was the Best treatment available. The Doctor was so well known no other Doctor would Treat Me until I checked my self in the Hospital. At this time I meet Dr. Hong who's been treating me ever since and I would not have any other Pain Doctor. Doctor Hong did his fellowship under my old Doctor and He is by far The Best Pain Management Doctor in the Midwest . VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND !
    in Palos Heights, IL |
    Great doctor who really cares and listens to you. Rare to find these days.
    in Woodridge, IL |
    Dr. Hong is an excellent physician and listener. I appreciate all the help he has given to me to reduce my facet syndrome pain.
    in Naperville, IL |
    Very happy with his treatment. Always addresses my concerns.
    in Westmont il |
    Very understanding and listens to what I have to say.
    in Countryside IL |
    I would highly recommend Dr Hong for pain management. He is very knowledgeable, does not rush through the appointments, and gives you a thorough explanation of the procedures and what to expect afterward.
    in Hinsdale, IL |
    I suffer from degenerative disc disease. I am off the chart with pain. I cannot get a new spine like people replace knees or hips. I've been seeing Dr Hong for going on 2 years and he is truly helping me so I can at least do basic functions. He provides surgical treatment and pain meds. His knowledge and skills are outstanding. Yes, I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr Hong. Sam
    Dr. Hong and his entire office staff provided me with excellent care. He was very compassionate and empathetic with the way he provided medical care. He treated pain it should be treated, the same as any medical disorder. He NEVER treated me as being wimpy because I couldn't tolerate pain. He also never made me feel that I was there looking for medication. He knew I was suffering and he offered all avenues of help that were available to me. His office staff treated me great. Overall A+
    in Naperville, IL |
    Unacceptable! Poorly trained nurses. Anesthetic had no effect during procedure. Dr. punctured the dura (spinal column sheath) causing me to have a seizure when I tried to stand up in recovery. They should have sent me to the ER (where I ended up the next day) but instead filled me w/ pain meds and sent me home.
    in Hinsdale, IL |
    Four yrs. ago I started to get stabbing pains down both my legs. I was referred to Dr. Hong by a local interventional radiologist. After an MRI, Dr. Hong gave me one epidural in my lower back and the pain in my legs stopped. Recently it was diagnosed that I had two herniated discs in my mid back region after 10 weeks of pain and tingling. Again, Dr. Hong administered an epidural to two regions of my mid back and the pain and tingling stopped. Again, I can vouch for his expertise.
    in Hinsdale, IL |
    Dr. Hong is ok. But he is very busy so instead they make you see his physician assistant. The physician assistant names Stacey is terrible. She is unable to get my medications right for 3 months now. I've been in pain and nasious every single day. People like her should not practice medicine. Their office would not change the medication over the phone either, they'll mare you wait for weeks until the next available appointment while you're in pain.
    in Bolingbrook, IL |
    Dr. Hong is a very good Doctor and a kind, genuinely caring man.
    in Naperville, IL |
    Dr. Hong is my Pain Specialist and handles my prescription and procedure needs in a very competent and professional manner. I suffer from many spine related conditions such as Spinal Arthritis, Fibro, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Cluster Migraines, which all generate a terrific amount of pain in my entire body, especially the legs and feet. I have gone to Dr. Hong for over 4 years now and found is services excellent. He is very compassionate and empathectic toward my condition.
    in Chicago, IL |
    Very professional Sraight to the point Very gentle when doing the procedure Knows what he's doing hence the procedure did'nt take long
    in La Grange, IL |
    Dr. Hong explained everything in terms that I understood was willing to spend as much time as I needed to ask questions
    Ver professional. Took interest in my case followed throug well
    in Plainfield, IL |
    I finally have met a doctor who listens! I've explained as best as I can about the effects of my chronic pain to countless doctors. They either aren't listening, don't care, don't understand, think I'm shopping for drugs, etc. Dr. Hong treated me with compassion, respect & understanding. I am very grateful & recommend him to everyone, even to my doctors who aren't listening.
    in Northlake, IL |
    I had my first appointment already my pain has gone way down. Dr.Hong also understood my pain from nerve damage cervical fusion and thoracic fusion which is rare . I haven't slept this good since before my accident in 2005. I thought I was going downhill fast he has showed me it's not the case.Dr.John Hong is a master in his field a genius ,he has made my life soo much better it's unbelievable.
    Have you seen Dr. John Hong, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hong?

Dr. Hong's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Hong has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hong's Board Certifications

University Of Illinois Hospital

Completed in 2006

Weill Cornell Medical College

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Hong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine