Dr. John Hong, MD

Dr. John Hong, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. John Hong, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Bolingbrook, IL. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

329 Remington Blvd Ste 205

Bolingbrook, IL 60440

Learn about Dr. Hong

See how frequently Dr. Hong performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain
Low Back Pain

Dr. Hong's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hong "Comprehensive, compassionate, and individualized approach to the unique needs of chronic pain sufferers."

• Pain Medicine

• Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Injections
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Tufts University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Rush Presby St Luke's M C
  • St Barnabas Med Center
  • University of Illinois Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Hong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hong to family and friends
Dr. Hong's Performance
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Hong and each and everyone of his staff are polite, professional and compassionate. No problem is ever too great or small and they Their scheduling is par excellence, I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes past my scheduled appointment time. Beyond their overall conscience care, the office is immaculately clean, billing issues are easily resolved and phone requests are handled promptly and efficiently. I wouldn't go anywhere else and frequently refer others to them.
in Naperville, IL |
He is so professional. He's reassuring and calms your nerves before any procedure. He comes to Check up on you after the sedation has worn off. I feel so safe under his care.
Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Hong is very caring and offers relief to suffering from pain. He is the best.
Geneva |
I have been seeing Dr Hong for over 5 years now and he and his staff have done a wonderful job managing my chronic pain issues and keeping me off of narcotics to date. Dr Hong has many techniques in trying to get a handle on pain and keeping it manageable. I have recommended him many times to friends that have ongoing pain.
Downers Grove |
My experience so far has been positive. I try to book the first appt of the day and I usually can get in and out in under a half hour. I still work so that's huge for me. Staff is courteous, helpful and the doctors are on top of things. All and all I would definitely recommend.
Hazel Crest, IL |
Dr. Hong explained the procedure thoroughly and told me what to expect. He supported physical therapy along with the procedure to help relieve my pain.
in I |
Dr. Hong is very good at explaining all my options. He explains his procedures, pros and cons. He listens also.
in Chicago, IL |
His practice is well done he treated me my neck with ingeccion for pain and I well since January thanks dr
Hinsdale |
I have been thrilled to be under the care of such a thoughtful, kind, gentle MD. From the first call to get an appointment through my last visit I have nothing but praise.
I highly recommend Dr. Hong. He listens intently and is very compassionate. I have been a patient for a significant amount of time and very satisfied with the care provided.
in Palos Park, Il |
Dr. Hong and his staff are very compasionate and excellent care givers.
Downers Grove, Il |
Dr. Hong is excellent!!!! He was able bring my pain from a 10 to 2 in two lumbar steroid injections. Very professional & awesome bedside manner.
in Naperville, IL |
Outstanding service from Dr. Hong and his staff. I appreciate that they take the time to thoroughly explain every aspect of your care.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hong is an excellent physician and pain specialist who help me maintain an independent and productive lifestyle while treating my back pain. He is not only knowledgeable but also compassionate and caring. He sincerely listens to concerns and works with you to develop a reasonable plan of care! He's the best!
in Volo, IL |
I've had a great experience with favorable results, so far... I'm still in the process of further treatments in different parts of my spaine, but I'm encouraged by the pain relief up to this point.
in Homer Glen, IL |
An incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable specialist. I wish I'd have seen him much sooner. Super credentials! Truly gifted!
in Downers Grove, IL |
Fantastic doctor and staff. Dr Hong is terrific, proffesional and knowledgeable about pain control.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
I have been going to Dr Hong for about two years... He not only listens carefully to your concerns,but he cares... He doesn't just push meds like so many others, he works with you to find the right treatment for your chronic pain. He is ver honest. I am a 65 year old woman with severe chronic neck and spine pain and he always finds a way to help... If he can't for some reason or another he will be Frank...
in Bolingbrook IL. |
I have been suffering in Extreem PAIN since 2007 from broken Back. I have had what I thought was the Best treatment available. The Doctor was so well known no other Doctor would Treat Me until I checked my self in the Hospital. At this time I meet Dr. Hong who's been treating me ever since and I would not have any other Pain Doctor. Doctor Hong did his fellowship under my old Doctor and He is by far The Best Pain Management Doctor in the Midwest . VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND !
in Palos Heights, IL |
Great doctor who really cares and listens to you. Rare to find these days.
in Woodridge, IL |
Dr. Hong is an excellent physician and listener. I appreciate all the help he has given to me to reduce my facet syndrome pain.
in Naperville, IL |
Very happy with his treatment. Always addresses my concerns.
in Westmont il |
Very understanding and listens to what I have to say.
in Hinsdale, IL |
I suffer from degenerative disc disease. I am off the chart with pain. I cannot get a new spine like people replace knees or hips. I've been seeing Dr Hong for going on 2 years and he is truly helping me so I can at least do basic functions. He provides surgical treatment and pain meds. His knowledge and skills are outstanding. Yes, I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr Hong. Sam
Dr. Hong and his entire office staff provided me with excellent care. He was very compassionate and empathetic with the way he provided medical care. He treated pain it should be treated, the same as any medical disorder. He NEVER treated me as being wimpy because I couldn't tolerate pain. He also never made me feel that I was there looking for medication. He knew I was suffering and he offered all avenues of help that were available to me. His office staff treated me great. Overall A+
in Naperville, IL |
Unacceptable! Poorly trained nurses. Anesthetic had no effect during procedure. Dr. punctured the dura (spinal column sheath) causing me to have a seizure when I tried to stand up in recovery. They should have sent me to the ER (where I ended up the next day) but instead filled me w/ pain meds and sent me home.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Four yrs. ago I started to get stabbing pains down both my legs. I was referred to Dr. Hong by a local interventional radiologist. After an MRI, Dr. Hong gave me one epidural in my lower back and the pain in my legs stopped. Recently it was diagnosed that I had two herniated discs in my mid back region after 10 weeks of pain and tingling. Again, Dr. Hong administered an epidural to two regions of my mid back and the pain and tingling stopped. Again, I can vouch for his expertise.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Hong is ok. But he is very busy so instead they make you see his physician assistant. The physician assistant names Stacey is terrible. She is unable to get my medications right for 3 months now. I've been in pain and nasious every single day. People like her should not practice medicine. Their office would not change the medication over the phone either, they'll mare you wait for weeks until the next available appointment while you're in pain.
in Bolingbrook, IL |
Dr. Hong is a very good Doctor and a kind, genuinely caring man.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Hong is my Pain Specialist and handles my prescription and procedure needs in a very competent and professional manner. I suffer from many spine related conditions such as Spinal Arthritis, Fibro, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Cluster Migraines, which all generate a terrific amount of pain in my entire body, especially the legs and feet. I have gone to Dr. Hong for over 4 years now and found is services excellent. He is very compassionate and empathectic toward my condition.
in Chicago, IL |
Very professional Sraight to the point Very gentle when doing the procedure Knows what he's doing hence the procedure did'nt take long
in La Grange, IL |
Dr. Hong explained everything in terms that I understood was willing to spend as much time as I needed to ask questions
Ver professional. Took interest in my case followed throug well
in Plainfield, IL |
I finally have met a doctor who listens! I've explained as best as I can about the effects of my chronic pain to countless doctors. They either aren't listening, don't care, don't understand, think I'm shopping for drugs, etc. Dr. Hong treated me with compassion, respect & understanding. I am very grateful & recommend him to everyone, even to my doctors who aren't listening.
in Northlake, IL |
I had my first appointment already my pain has gone way down. Dr.Hong also understood my pain from nerve damage cervical fusion and thoracic fusion which is rare . I haven't slept this good since before my accident in 2005. I thought I was going downhill fast he has showed me it's not the case.Dr.John Hong is a master in his field a genius ,he has made my life soo much better it's unbelievable.
Have you seen Dr. John Hong, MD?
Are you Dr. Hong?