Dr. John Holds, MD

Ophthalmology •  Male • Age 59

30 Reviews
Dr. Holds

Ophthalmic Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery, Inc.

12990 Manchester Rd Ste 102 Saint Louis, MO 63131

Dr. John Holds, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from Southwestern Medical School University Of Texas-M.D. in 1983 and specializes in ophthalmology and cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Holds accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Holds' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Holds' Top Procedures and Conditions

Eyelid Disorders

Dr. Holds treats Eyelid Disorders more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Holds treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
high

Dr. Holds' conditions and procedures:

• Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Belotero® Injection
  • Chemical Peel
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysport Injection
  • Endoscopic Brow Lift
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Eyelid Tumor
  • Lacrimal Disorders
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Radiesse® Injections

3.8

Dr. Holds?
Dr. Holds' Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Holds, MD
Thank you Dr. Holds for the excellent results! My field of vision is restored and the bonus cosmetic results are awesome. Your office staff are extremely helpful. The surgical center staff all excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
I saw Dr. Holds for a cosmetic consultation. He explained everything in detail and was very kind. I will definitely recommend him to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
As surgeon?? I'll never know. Dr. Holds was recommended and I was looking forward to meeting him. Unfortunately, I had over an hour wait (no one else waiting) & then only 5 minutes with him. I was already nervous going in, but sitting and waiting, form filling -all made the entire experience worse. He seemed uncomfortable with me asking questions about what the procedure would entail and never did give me any details to reassure me. It was even more upsetting when I went to the next room to meet with the office scheduler who seemed bothered by my questions about surgery and kept referring me to the 'Surgery Center'. She didn't seem to have time for me either. I mentioned this at check out and apparently they don't like that. Huh. AND I didn't like the hour wait. Hey doc, I have just as many awards on my wall, but at least when my clients ask questions, or seem anxious - I show some compassion and patience. It amazes me how many doctors offices today feel so impersonal/no compassion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
Dr. Holds and his team provided me with great patient care! I saw Dr. Holds for cosmetic reduction on my upper and lower lids, something I had been wanting to do for some time. The care during my surgery and after was excellent! My results were beyond anything I expected. I didn't look "different", I looked "refreshed"...as some of my friends commented. I highly recommend Dr. Holds and his team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
Do not go for cosmetic surgery. Actually he should have no stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
I was unhappy with both my care and my outcome with this practice. During my preliminary visit and in pre-op, I fully expected to be operated upon by Dr. Holds as he never suggested otherwise. Once in the operating room, another doctor performed my surgery. I have since had treatment with another practice that has improved my appearance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
Dr. Holds is the most talented surgeon I have ever been to. He is knowledgeable, kind, and does immaculate work. His office staff are the utmost professional and friendly, and there is always someone to answer your questions. His nurse practitioner, Ms Carr, does a wonderful job with her care of the face and skin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
Dr Holds is one of the few physicians who thoughtfully listens to patients concerns and discusses treatment options. Additionally, his office team is professional, pleasant and accommodating - they work to schedule quickly and keep appointment times (minimizing in office wait). Dr. Holds and his practice is a best in class experience. Thank you for the exceptional care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?
Dr. Holds, on my first visit, renewed my hope that I would be OK and able to have better function of my eye, cheek and mouth. He did not promise what he could not deliver but he gave me hope that I had lost. His staff is wonderful and either answers my questions and or finds the answer for me. They are also very accommodating as for scheduling appts. since I drive 4.0 hrs to get there. Great team of people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Holds, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Holds?

Dr. John B. Holds is an Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon serving the St. Louis area for more than 30 years. Dr. Holds is experienced in Thyroid Eye Disease, Blepharospasm Treatment and Lacrimal Disease. He is a professional member of the American Academy o...

• Ophthalmology
  • Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Ophthalmology-Cullen Eye Institute Baylor College Of Medicine
1989
U Utah Sch Med
1984
Baylor Affil Hosp
1983
Southwestern Medical School University Of Texas-M.D.
1979
Trinity University-Ba-Biology and Biophysics

Ophthalmic Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery, Inc.

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Holds treats patients.

79% Patient experience rating, 10% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019)