Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. John Hijjawi, MD
Dr. John Hijjawi, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Murray, UT. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Hijjawi is affiliated with Lds Hospital and Intermountain Medical Center.

5169 S Cottonwood St Ste 420

Murray, UT 84107

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Hijjawi

See how frequently Dr. Hijjawi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Cancer
Skin and Tissue Reduction

Dr. Hijjawi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hijjawi "There are many choices for patients to make when choosing the right approach to their care. I believe it is vital that I provide my patients with the information that will help guide them to the safest choice that is right for them. I am not here to make decisions for my patients, but rather to work with them in a shared decision making process that they will be satisfied with for years to come."

• Plastic Surgery

• Liposuction
  • Microsurgical Procedure
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Microvascular Breast Reconstruction-Diep Flap University Of Gent, Belgium
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

• Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery, Best Paper, Chief Resident Forum, 2004
  • Kernahan Award, Best Plastic Surgery Resident Publication, northwestern Memorial Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery, 2003
  • Edelstone-Bendix Award, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery, 2004
  • Best Doctors in America, 2009
  • Stephen Kroll Fellowship in Breast Reconstruction, 2006

Dr. Hijjawi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hijjawi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hijjawi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hijjawi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hijjawi to family and friends
Dr. Hijjawi's Performance
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hijjawi is extremely knowledgeable about reconstructive breast surgery. He understands and is able to convey the positives and negatives of the choices that are available to women. He communicates in a kind manner, sensitive to the situation of the patient. He has performed well over 1,000 reconstructions, and is very precise, accurate and concerned about the outcome of the surgery. He is especially concerned about the way the woman feels about that outcome. I highly recommend Dr Hijjawi
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hijjawi has been the best plastic surgeon I could have ever hoped for. From the first visit he made me feel as comfortable as possible in my condition, four months of chemotherapy, tired, and scared. He answered questions in a clear and unrushed manner. He was professional and yet reassuring that life will be okay again. He performed immediate reconstruction after the mastectomy and five months later the final surgery with implants. Everything went great! I'd highly recommend Dr. Hijjawi.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hijjawi is remarkable! He was recommended by another surgeon, and proved to be an outstanding recommendation. I highly recommend Dr. Hijjawi for his surgical skill, his knowledge, his years of experience, his kindness, and his incredible patience. Thus far the outcome of my breast reconstruction following my bilateral mastectomy, far exceeds my expectations. I am tremendously blessed for the care I've received this last year from Dr. Hijjawi and his staff.
in Salt Lake Citay, UT |
If you want a super smart, ultra-competent doctor who treats you like family, you've found him. When I learned I needed a mastectomy, I searched for a plastic surgeon with about ten years of experience as this would allow time enough for him or her to develop mastery and, at the same time, he or she would likely be open to the latest developments vs. entrenched in an older method. What I didn't know to look for but also found here is truly caring attention that is healing on its own accord.
in Sussex, WI |
Dr. Hijjawi performed my reconstruction surgery after breast cancer in Milwaukee. This was a very scary and emotional time for me. He sincerely listened and reviewed all of my options/risks and benefits based on my history. I offer this testimonial to all of the women in Utah making their way through breast cancer. You will be in good hands with Dr. Hijjawi. Lori J.
in Midvale, UT |
Dr. Hijjawi performed a breast reduction on my teenage daughter. He was excellent, he made sure she understood the long-term effects of the procedure, he was very good at making her feel at ease, he is both personable and professional. His office staff is also excellent, they are very accommodating and helpful.
in Appleton, WI |
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hijjawi. He is an extremely knowledgeable surgeon and did a fantastic job on my delayed bilateral DIEP reconstruction. From the consult to the final post-op appointment, Dr. Hijjawi answered all of my questions and was extremely considerate and patient. Even my family was impressed with his professionalism and demeanor when he spoke with them in the waiting room. His bedside manner is second to none, which is very important when dealing with cancer patients.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hijjawi for any patient who is considering have breast surgery. I had a bilateral breast reduction with a lift almost 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I was having migraines, tension headaches, along with upper back and neck pain from my large breast. Since my surgery I've had 1 migraine, 0 tension headaches, and hardly any upper back and neck pain. I have not been to my chiropractor or neurologist since the surgery. Dr. Hijjawi is the best!
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Hijjawi is a gem. He is an excellent surgeon and a caring professional. He is kind and down to earth. Dr. Hijjawi and his team answered all my questions and heled me feel at ease. My surgery was a double mastectomy after a long battle with breast cancer. My procedure used tissue expanders and implants. The results exceeded my expectations. Every cloud truly does have a silver lining!
in Antioch , IL |
Dr. Hijjawi performed an immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction after my prophylactic bilateral mastectomy since I am BRCA2 +. He surpassed all my expectations. Dr. Hijjawi has a great bedside manner with the skill and credentials I was looking for. He took the time to listen and explain the procedure, expected outcomes and all questions I had. I felt completely informed, prepared and confident going into my procedure. I could not be more pleased with my results. I would highly recommend him.
in Rockford, IL |
After extensive research, I decided to drive an hour and 20 minutes each way to receive care from Dr. John Hijjawi and his excellent team. I had a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy after a BRCA2 confirmation. Dr. Hijjawi balances unparalleled professional competence with warmth and a sense of realness not often found in highly specialized medical providers. He listened, answered every single one of my numerous questions, and I could not be happier with the end result. I highly recommend.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I saw Dr. Hijjawi shortly after my breast cancer diagnosis. He was sensitive to the stress I was experiencing, considerate, and patient. Of all my doctors (primary care, surgical oncologist, medical oncologist, and plastics), he was the person who spent the most time with me and went out of his way to answer my questions, before and after my reconstruction.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. John Hijjawi and his quality team made by journey with breast cancer an experience that was powerful and successful. From our first meeting I knew Dr. Hijjawi was an expert and master in breast plastics and dedicated to my well-being and education. He educated me on my surgicial options. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions and addressed my concerns. Once I made my decision to have a mastectomy, I decided to have a Diep Flap and ended up with two lovely breasts.
Have you seen Dr. John Hijjawi, MD?
Are you Dr. Hijjawi?