Dr. John B. Hijjawi, MD

Dr. John B. Hijjawi, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 46 years old

35 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

There are many choices for patients to make when choosing the right approach to their care. I believe it is vital that I provide my patients with the information that will help guide them to the safest choice that is right for them. I am not here to make decisions for my patients, but rather to work with them in a shared decision making process that they will be satisfied with for years to come.Read more

Dr. Hijjawi's Experience

See how Dr. Hijjawi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hijjawi

Dr. Hijjawi accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hijjawi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hijjawi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hijjawi to family and friends
Dr. Hijjawi's Performance
in Salt Lake Citay, UT |
If you want a super smart, ultra-competent doctor who treats you like family, you've found him. When I learned I needed a mastectomy, I searched for a plastic surgeon with about ten years of experience as this would allow time enough for him or her to develop mastery and, at the same time, he or she would likely be open to the latest developments vs. entrenched in an older method. What I didn't know to look for but also found here is truly caring attention that is healing on its own accord.
in Sussex, WI |
Dr. Hijjawi performed my reconstruction surgery after breast cancer in Milwaukee. This was a very scary and emotional time for me. He sincerely listened and reviewed all of my options/risks and benefits based on my history. I offer this testimonial to all of the women in Utah making their way through breast cancer. You will be in good hands with Dr. Hijjawi. Lori J.
in Midvale, UT |
Dr. Hijjawi performed a breast reduction on my teenage daughter. He was excellent, he made sure she understood the long-term effects of the procedure, he was very good at making her feel at ease, he is both personable and professional. His office staff is also excellent, they are very accommodating and helpful.
in Appleton, WI |
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hijjawi. He is an extremely knowledgeable surgeon and did a fantastic job on my delayed bilateral DIEP reconstruction. From the consult to the final post-op appointment, Dr. Hijjawi answered all of my questions and was extremely considerate and patient. Even my family was impressed with his professionalism and demeanor when he spoke with them in the waiting room. His bedside manner is second to none, which is very important when dealing with cancer patients.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hijjawi for any patient who is considering have breast surgery. I had a bilateral breast reduction with a lift almost 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I was having migraines, tension headaches, along with upper back and neck pain from my large breast. Since my surgery I've had 1 migraine, 0 tension headaches, and hardly any upper back and neck pain. I have not been to my chiropractor or neurologist since the surgery. Dr. Hijjawi is the best!
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Hijjawi is a gem. He is an excellent surgeon and a caring professional. He is kind and down to earth. Dr. Hijjawi and his team answered all my questions and heled me feel at ease. My surgery was a double mastectomy after a long battle with breast cancer. My procedure used tissue expanders and implants. The results exceeded my expectations. Every cloud truly does have a silver lining!
in Antioch , IL |
Dr. Hijjawi performed an immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction after my prophylactic bilateral mastectomy since I am BRCA2 +. He surpassed all my expectations. Dr. Hijjawi has a great bedside manner with the skill and credentials I was looking for. He took the time to listen and explain the procedure, expected outcomes and all questions I had. I felt completely informed, prepared and confident going into my procedure. I could not be more pleased with my results. I would highly recommend him.
in Rockford, IL |
After extensive research, I decided to drive an hour and 20 minutes each way to receive care from Dr. John Hijjawi and his excellent team. I had a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy after a BRCA2 confirmation. Dr. Hijjawi balances unparalleled professional competence with warmth and a sense of realness not often found in highly specialized medical providers. He listened, answered every single one of my numerous questions, and I could not be happier with the end result. I highly recommend.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I saw Dr. Hijjawi shortly after my breast cancer diagnosis. He was sensitive to the stress I was experiencing, considerate, and patient. Of all my doctors (primary care, surgical oncologist, medical oncologist, and plastics), he was the person who spent the most time with me and went out of his way to answer my questions, before and after my reconstruction.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. John Hijjawi and his quality team made by journey with breast cancer an experience that was powerful and successful. From our first meeting I knew Dr. Hijjawi was an expert and master in breast plastics and dedicated to my well-being and education. He educated me on my surgicial options. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions and addressed my concerns. Once I made my decision to have a mastectomy, I decided to have a Diep Flap and ended up with two lovely breasts.
Have you seen Dr. John B. Hijjawi, MD?
Are you Dr. Hijjawi?

Dr. Hijjawi's Care Philosophy

There are many choices for patients to make when choosing the right approach to their care. I believe it is vital that I provide my patients with the information that will help guide them to the safest choice that is right for them. I am not here to make decisions for my patients, but rather to work with them in a shared decision making process that they will be satisfied with for years to come.

Dr. Hijjawi says...

My clinical focus has been reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the breast for many years. I extended my training and expertise with an additional fellowship in DIEP Flap breast reconstruction at the University of Gent in Belgium in 2007. I have gone on to serve as the Program Director of the Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin directing the training of future reconstructive breast surgeons. I have also been fortunate enough to serve on the faculty of over 50 educational conferences over the past 10 years teaching other practicing plastic surgeons the latest techniques in reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery.

Dr. Hijjawi says...

I have been fortunate enough over the past ten years of practice to have a busy enough practice to develop an expertise in reconstructive and cosmetic breast surgery. Having performed over 1500 breast cancer reconstructions as well as cosmetic breast surgeries, I am really excited by the evolving techniques available to help patients achieve the best possible results in the safest environment possible.

Dr. Hijjawi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

• Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery, Best Paper, Chief Resident Forum, 2004
    • Kernahan Award, Best Plastic Surgery Resident Publication, northwestern Memorial Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery, 2003
    • Edelstone-Bendix Award, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery, 2004
    • Best Doctors in America, 2009
    • Stephen Kroll Fellowship in Breast Reconstruction, 2006

Dr. Hijjawi has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hijjawi's Board Certifications

Microvascular Breast Reconstruction-Diep Flap University Of Gent, Belgium

Completed in 2007

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Hijjawi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hijjawi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery