Dr. John B. Hijjawi, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hijjawi's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hijjawi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hijjawi

Dr. Hijjawi accepts 16 insurance carriers

16 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hijjawi has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Hijjawi

Dr. Hijjawi's Review Details
4.6 based on 32 responses
Experience with Dr. Hijjawi
Dr. Hijjawi's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
in Appleton, WI |
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hijjawi. He is an extremely knowledgeable surgeon and did a fantastic job on my delayed bilateral DIEP reconstruction. From the consult to the final post-op appointment, Dr. Hijjawi answered all of my questions and was extremely considerate and patient. Even my family was impressed with his professionalism and demeanor when he spoke with them in the waiting room. His bedside manner is second to none, which is very important when dealing with cancer patients.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hijjawi for any patient who is considering have breast surgery. I had a bilateral breast reduction with a lift almost 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I was having migraines, tension headaches, along with upper back and neck pain from my large breast. Since my surgery I've had 1 migraine, 0 tension headaches, and hardly any upper back and neck pain. I have not been to my chiropractor or neurologist since the surgery. Dr. Hijjawi is the best!
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Hijjawi is a gem. He is an excellent surgeon and a caring professional. He is kind and down to earth. Dr. Hijjawi and his team answered all my questions and heled me feel at ease. My surgery was a double mastectomy after a long battle with breast cancer. My procedure used tissue expanders and implants. The results exceeded my expectations. Every cloud truly does have a silver lining!
in Antioch , IL |
Dr. Hijjawi performed an immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction after my prophylactic bilateral mastectomy since I am BRCA2 +. He surpassed all my expectations. Dr. Hijjawi has a great bedside manner with the skill and credentials I was looking for. He took the time to listen and explain the procedure, expected outcomes and all questions I had. I felt completely informed, prepared and confident going into my procedure. I could not be more pleased with my results. I would highly recommend him.
in Rockford, IL |
After extensive research, I decided to drive an hour and 20 minutes each way to receive care from Dr. John Hijjawi and his excellent team. I had a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy after a BRCA2 confirmation. Dr. Hijjawi balances unparalleled professional competence with warmth and a sense of realness not often found in highly specialized medical providers. He listened, answered every single one of my numerous questions, and I could not be happier with the end result. I highly recommend.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I saw Dr. Hijjawi shortly after my breast cancer diagnosis. He was sensitive to the stress I was experiencing, considerate, and patient. Of all my doctors (primary care, surgical oncologist, medical oncologist, and plastics), he was the person who spent the most time with me and went out of his way to answer my questions, before and after my reconstruction.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. John Hijjawi and his quality team made by journey with breast cancer an experience that was powerful and successful. From our first meeting I knew Dr. Hijjawi was an expert and master in breast plastics and dedicated to my well-being and education. He educated me on my surgicial options. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions and addressed my concerns. Once I made my decision to have a mastectomy, I decided to have a Diep Flap and ended up with two lovely breasts.
Have you seen Dr. John B. Hijjawi, MD?
Are you Dr. John B. Hijjawi, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Plastic Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction Surgery
  • Breast Surgery
  • Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Oncoplastic Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Hijjawi's Board Certifications

• Plastic Surgery

Dr. Hijjawi says..

My clinical focus has been reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the breast for many years. I extended my training and expertise with an additional fellowship in DIEP Flap breast reconstruction at the University of Gent in Belgium in 2007. I have gone on to serve as the Program Director of the Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin directing the training of future reconstructive breast surgeons. I have also been fortunate enough to serve on the faculty of over 50 educational conferences over the past 10 years teaching other practicing plastic surgeons the latest techniques in reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • BRCA1 Gene Mutation Carrier
  • Breast Cancer
  • Breast, Unilateral Giant
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Localized Fat Deposits

Dr. Hijjawi says..

I have been fortunate enough over the past ten years of practice to have a busy enough practice to develop an expertise in reconstructive and cosmetic breast surgery. Having performed over 1500 breast cancer reconstructions as well as cosmetic breast surgeries, I am really excited by the evolving techniques available to help patients achieve the best possible results in the safest environment possible.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Liposuction
  • Microsurgical Procedure
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine

Completed in 2007

University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1992

• Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery, Best Paper, Chief Resident Forum, 2004
    • Kernahan Award, Best Plastic Surgery Resident Publication, northwestern Memorial Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery, 2003
    • Edelstone-Bendix Award, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery, 2004
    • Best Doctors in America, 2009
    • Stephen Kroll Fellowship in Breast Reconstruction, 2006

Dr. Hijjawi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hijjawi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hijjawi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Hijjawi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  • Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hijjawi

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hijjawi's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hijjawi

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Hijjawi's Care Philosophy

There are many choices for patients to make when choosing the right approach to their care. I believe it is vital that I provide my patients with the information that will help guide them to the safest choice that is right for them. I am not here to make decisions for my patients, but rather to work with them in a shared decision making process that they will be satisfied with for years to come.

Dr. Hijjawi says...