Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. John Henry Jr, MD
Dr. John Henry Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Henry Jr is affiliated with Northside Hospital.

5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd

Atlanta, GA 30342

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus

Learn about Dr. Henry Jr

Dr. Henry Jr's Experience

Dr. Henry Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Partial Knee Replacement
  • Posterior Mini-Incision Total Hip Arthroplasty
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Total Joint Replacement Surgery Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Henry Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Henry Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Henry Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Henry Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Henry Jr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Henry Jr's Performance
in atlanta, ga |
I have had one experience with Dr. Henry regarding a recurrent knee injury. He spent time listening to the history of the problem and I felt he valued the information I shared. He explained the possible source of the problem (medial meniscus tear) and the steps moving forward to diagnose and treat it. I felt confident in his knowledge and will move forward with treatment as recommended by Dr. Henry.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. John Henry is a Superstar in my book. I went to him for a 2nd opinion about a total hip replacement and felt so confident in his knowledge and ability that I chose him to do the surgery. What a great decision that was! He is a kind man who truly cares about his patients. Of course, he was the only doctor I considered when it was time for my 2nd hip replacement! If you are looking for the best, he is it! (He's well worth any wait.)
in Griffin, GA |
Dr. Henry is awesome. The surgery was a breeze and the recovery is going very well. Barbara (office assistant) was always available to answer questions and provide and assistance I requested. The nurses at the outpatient clinic were wonderful. Kris put me at ease as she prepared me for the surgery and Crystal was wonderful at ensuring my comfort during recovery. Dr. Henry takes his time when talking to a patient and he always answered all my questions. Hip Replacement Surgery 6/26/17.
I highly recommend Dr. Henry! He performed total knee replacement on both of my knees (4 months apart). I have total trust and confidence in Dr. Henry. My life is totally different now that I have new knees and do not hurt 24/7. Thank you Dr. Henry!
in Roswell, GA |
This was my second knee replacement. First done 10 yrs ago. So much less pain with procedures surgeons are using now. Heavy pain meds only used 4-5 days. I am climbing stairs now like a much younger person, walking inclines NO KNEE LOCKING and no pain. Gardening is now done with no knee pain. Highly recommend Dr. Henry for knee replacemenet. If I ever need hip replacement he will be the FIRST physician I contact.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Henry has been my doctor since 2014 when my family doctor advised me to see a orthopaedic doctor about my right hip. He ask if I knew a orthopaedic specialist and I said I knew Dr. Henry. He agreed that he would agree with my choice. Dr. Henry and his staff have been professional but personable and friendly.its been two years since surgery and I have had a very successful outcome.
in Columbus, GA |
I needed a joint replacement and was anxious about the procedure and locating a physician with a sound surgical track record in these procedures. A friend referred me to Dr John Henry with glowing recommendations. I was immediately impressed upon meeting him. He has an excellent bedside manner that put me at ease as he patiently explained the procedure to me in detail. I had my surgery 8 months ago with a happy problem free recovery. Choosing Dr Henry was ABSOLUTELY the right decision for me.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I had hip replacement 6 weeks ago by Dr Henry. I can't say enough good things about Dr Henry, his staff and the care I received. If I had a question during the recovery and would call, within 5 minutes I would get a call back by Barbara his nurse with the answer. If you are thinking about getting this surgery I highly recommend Dr Henry. The surgery itself is rough for the first couple of weeks, then it's remarkable how there is no more pain in your hip. I wished I did it sooner.
in Douglasville, GA |
I was referred to Dr. Henry by a co-worker. I got my TKR on April 7, 2017. Dr. Henry was thorough in pre op as well as the post op. I am six weeks into recovery and I am feeling good. The surgery was a breeze. Dr. Henry loves what he does and it shows. Everyone that saw my scar area told me it looked beautiful. He did a really good job with minimizing my scar. Dr. Henry is extremely knowledgeable about TKR and I would recommend him in a heartbeat. His assistant, Barbara, is great as well.
in Decatur, GA |
My active 84 year aunt had rarely been ill or had much pain until osteoarthritis eventually made it almost impossible for her to walk. We saw Dr. Henry and he said, "I can help." After many months of bone on bone pain, she became hopeful. Dr. Henry performed hip replacement surgery and my aunt was amazed at the difference. Prior to, during, and after, there are many examples of him going out of his way to ensure her full recovery. We couldn't be more satisfied with Dr. Henry!
Alpharetta, GA |
So far so good! Recovering now from joint replacement surgery. Dr. Henry us efficient, smart and cordial. He has a charm and s all the skills you would want. I'm very pleased I went to see this surgeon.
in Roswell, GA |
I had total knee replacement by a different surgeon in 2016 and he did not resurface my patella. Also, the patella was not in the correct position. Better known as a tracking problem. Finely after a year of PAIN and change of insurance company i saw Dr. Henry. He resurfaced my patella and preformed a procedure to place the patella in correct position February 2017. As of April 2017 i am pain free and back to normal and doing fine thanks to one GREAT surgeon Dr. Henry. He gets A+ in my book.
in Norcross, GA |
Dr. Henry did my total hip replacement January 2016. It is a complete success story. Prior to surgery, I was in constant pain & barely able to walk. Now I regularly go hiking and do other activities I had thought were gone forever. Dr. Henry was never pushy about recommending surgery; he allowed me to decide when I was ready. Also, I really liked the nurses at Northside Hospital. They were always caring and helpful. If I ever need another joint replacement, I am going back to Dr. Henry.
in Johns Creek GA |
Dr. Henry first saw me, he examined my knee, then looked at Xrays. He said "I treat people not pictures." That really impressed me.The MRI, showed torn meniscus, arthritis etc. Dr. Henry and I decided to go the conservative path, ice, anti inflamatory, but as soon as I felt better I did stupid things and made it a lot worse. The pain was awefull. Dr. Henry booked surgery, Left knee Arthroscopy 10 days ago.He cleaned out shreaded cartiledge and"gunk."Post-op day1NO SEVERE PAIN.Day10 Great
in Mableton, GA |
As a patient of Dr. Henry I highly recommend him for providing outstanding professional patient care. Dr Henry is the ultimate professional in all aspects of superb patient care.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. John Henry performed my total knee replacement. He and his staff proved to be highly competent and compassionate in my care. There is never a lack of information & guidance from him & his staff. You will have a lot of support from them as needed. His cautious testing prior to my surgery helped uncover a previously undiscovered spine issue. After checking with multiple neurologists to make sure the spine issue wouldn't cause complications, he performed my knee replacement surgery at No
in Marietta, GA |
In Oct 2015, Dr Henry performed a complete Knee Revision procedure on my worn-out right knee component which was originally replaced in 1996. Dr Henry successfully performed the procedure at Atlanta's Northside Hospital to which he is affiliated. I am now contemplating having my left knee replaced in the near future. Yes, I will be asking Dr Henry to perform my surgery. I highly recommend his service if you are considering future knee surgery.
in Columbus, Georgia |
Dr. John Henry performed a total hip replacement on me on September 26, 2016. I live in Columbus, Ga., and; decided to take my medical records to Atlanta to see Dr. Henry after an extremely disturbing visit with a callous surgeon in my local area. I was impressed upon meeting Dr. Henry. He is knowledgeable and took the time to address my concerns. He is very caring with the "BEST BED SIDE MANNER" of any physician I have ever met. My surgery was a complete success with a problem free recovery.
in Atl, ga |
Dr. Henry seems very knowledgable and explained my treatment very well at my first appt. Not so much at the 2nd but i have a preop coming up and i have i get everything answered.
in Alpharetta, GA |
29 days after my complete knee replacement surgery performed by Dr John Henry, I played 2 sets of tennis double. I was not running or moving like I know I will in a couple of months but I did it!! My Alpharetta Georgia tennis team could not believe it. I surprised myself. I covered my court well with no pain or swelling. After the tennis I went home and iced. I feel great. This is my 2nd complete knee replacement (other knee) performed by Dr Henry. I am grateful to golf, play tennis, volleyball.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Henry saved my life. You might think that is odd since he is an orthopedic surgeon. I had a knee replacement by another orthopedic (who shall be nameless). I developed a staph infection in the replacement joint. After 4 months of 8 different antibiotics and 8 abscesses, I chose to seek a 2nd opinion. Dr. Henry took 1 look at my knee and said, "that knee replacement needs to come out." Two days later I was in surgery! He is "always on top of things", "very caring" and an "excellent Dr"
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Heny's performance as a surgeon has to be a 10 out of 10 stars! He is methodical, honest, forthright and caring. I thought I was headed for the old folks home at 61 but now, I feel better than I did at 50! I am still working and enjoying all areas of life. Looking back on pictures, I see the pain on my face, now there is only joy. Yes, your overall health determines your ability to bounce back from surgery, but I can say this surgery (bi-lateral hip replacement) was a gift. Thank you!
GA |
improper diagnosis and tries to sell surgery
in Alpharetta, GA |
I had total knee replacement surgery left side. Dr Henry did an Excellent job. No prolem, no infection.Feel great.He is awesome. He and his team work hard, great and took care of me like family member not as patient. I would strongly recommend him to my friends and family members. Really Appreciated. God bless him and his excellent team.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Henry has been our family's orthopedic surgeon for over 25 years. He is an outstanding/incredible surgeon. He is so knowledgeable. He is so personally involved with each surgery. Words are absolutely inadequate when you try to describe Dr. Henry's knowledge and surgical abilities.
in Roswell, GA |
I had to have a complete hip replacement, both right and left. I can't say enough about the professionalism and skill of Dr. Henry. He literally gave me my life back! As a 56 year old female, I was looking at the wheelchair for mobility and I now walk around pain free. He is a brilliant surgeon, extremely thorough. Love him!!
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Henry has repaired a torn meniscus in my left knee. This surgery was approximately 5 years ago. Have not had any trouble with the knee since. October 2, 2015,Dr. Henry did a total knee replacement to my right knee. I could not ask for a better doctor. He is very thorough with all that is needed for this surgery before and after. I was totally prepared ahead with all the paperwork and preparation that had to be done to make the surgery successful. He really cares about his patients.
in Roswell, GA |
I had a total knee replacement with Dr Henry Nov 23, 2015. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing to undergo this procedure. He is thorough, exacting and remarkable!! When I am sufficiently rehabbed on my right knee, I will be seeing him to do my left knee. Dr Henry's nurse, Barbara, is perfection!!! She makes the process seem easy!!!! Please let this doctor and his staff help you - you will not be sorry.
Have you seen Dr. John Henry Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Henry Jr?

• CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
    Medicaid
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica