Contact provider for availability

Podiatry ·  Male

Dr. Harlan

Phoenix Foot & Ankle

1701 E Thomas Rd Ste 201 Phoenix, AZ 85016

Dr. John Harlan, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Phoenix, AZ. He specializes in podiatry.

Dr. Harlan accepts

Dr. Harlan accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Harlan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Foot Conditions

Dr. Harlan treats Foot Conditions more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Harlan treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Harlan treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Harlan treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

3.8

Dr. Harlan?
Dr. Harlan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Harlan, DPM
After visiting another podiatrist who underdiagnosed me, I began to seek out other podiatrists in the city. Dr. Harlan quickly diagnosed me correctly, go me into treatment and then surgically repaired my ruptured achilles tendon. Dr. Harlan has an amazing staff, and he is extremely personable and confident. Dr. Harlan is the best doctor of any specialty I have ever been to. I would recommend him to my own mother or own children if they ever developed foot issues. Easily a 5 star doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
Dr. Harlan and his staff are courteous and professional. I highly recommend them. There are not enough stars for them. You are treated like you are part of their family. Dr. Harlan is a done to earth person. He also throws in a few jokes for no extra charge. Before going to Dr. Harlan, I went to another doc and eventually cancelled my surgery. That office could learn a lot from Dr. Harlan's . I highly recommend the staff and Dr. Harlin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
Wow! Sorry one or more had less than great experiences. Dr. Harlan essentially took my ankle apart and repaired it in an amazing manner. The surgery was 2006, he fixed years (7 fx) of chip fractures and ligament damage. The results of his efforts exceeded my highest hopes. I have found him to be very personable and professional. Just damaged my toe, and once again will make an appt. and travel 2 hours to him. Best to all, but I don't want any other foot/ankle doctor....he is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
I have already referred people to Dr. Harlan's office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
Had a terrible experience.Although knowledgeable and skillful his bedside manner is Terrible.Doesnt seem to care about the patient and provides false reassurance.Comes across as egotistical.Cancelled my surgery for an asinine reason that was discussed well in advance of the surgery date and assured me it wasn't an issue.No one called back for 1.5weeks to reschedule.Im here on a work visa and this affected my international contract negatively,fam flying from canada to help me.Never apologized
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
Dr. Harlan came very highly recommended by another surgeon and I have been more than pleased with his recommendations and surgery. I have found his staff to be no less than professional, courteous and very helpful. Dr. Harlan disclosed the issues of surgery and was spot on each time. I found him to be very helpful, professional with a great sense of humor, which I for one like. I sincerely appreciate all you have done for me Doctor Harlan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
I have been coming to Dr Harlan for years and seen him for many foot and ankle issues! Very knowledgeable and personable. Can not forget how funny he is! Highly recommend his office to everyone looking for a podiatrist! This is the place for foot care. Office is beautiful and staff is very friendly ! Thank you Dr Harlan for always giving the best advice and treatments!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
I ruptured my Achilles tendon in August 2016. Full rupture! Dr. Harlan saw me quickly and got me into surgery within a week and a half. He explained it was going to be a long recovery process but has guided me through the whole thing. As scars go, mine is great. Very straight, as minimal as could be expected. The long-term prognosis is I should get back to 100% activity level (eventually). I cannot thank Dr. Harlan and his group enough. It was a very scary thing to get hurt the way I did
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
I have been a patient of Dr Harlan’s for a number of years and have always received nothing but the best medical care possible. I have had everything from minor problems to a complete ankle reconstruction. The best thing I can say is that Dr Harlan gives it to you straight. He does not tell you what you want to hear but gives you the honest facts so you can make an informed decision. He told me how long my recovery was going to be and he was dead on. My office appointments have always been
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
In my opinion, the man is dangerous. His assistant, claiming to be an expert on everything pulicly shouted me down, insisting that arch supports were not covered by my insurance. The day my insurance explained that the covered supports, the guy didn't even show up for work, thereby forcing an untrained assistant to do the job. Another podiatrist asked me, Who did them? My arch supports were, in his view, . . .more harmful than having no support at all. No surprise! No Surprise!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?
He misdiagnosed a condition as gout when it was an infection. This caused over 2 years additional suffering. He was very rude. Almost like having me there was an inconvenience. While I was putting my shoes back on he told me to get out of there twice. Do not waste your time with this guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Harlan, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Harlan?

Compare Providers