Dr. John Hamill Jr, MD

Dermatology | Male

Dr. John Hamill Jr, MD
John R. Hamill, Jr. MD Attended the University of Michigan Medical Degree from Wayne State University Internal Medicine Internship at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona Dermatology Residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center Board Certified Dermatologist Since 1982 Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at the University of South Florida and Instructor for Skin Cancer Surgery to Residents Dr. Hamill has presented papers at national and local meeting regarding skin cancer treatments. He was selected as Surgeon of the Year by the Florida Society of Dermatological Surgeons, he is also past president of the Florida Society of Dermatological Surgeons and past president of the Florida West Coast Dermatological Society. Dr. Hamill was also named Volunteer of the Year for 2005 by the Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery Department at the University of South Florida for his long standing commitment to quality resident education. He has been named on the Best Doctors of America annually since 2004. He is the co-author of a book titled "Atlas of Mohs and Frozen Secti0n Cutaneous Pathology" published in 2009. Dr. Hamill is a member of numerous distinguished medical societies including, The American Academy of Dermatology, The American Society for Dermatological Surgery, board member of The International Society for Dermatological Surgery, board member of The Florida Society of Dermatological Surgeons, The Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, board member of The American Society for Mohs Surgery. Dr. Hamill is a member of the Florida Medical Society, past president and board member of the Pasco County Medical Society. He is affiliated with Regional Medical Center at Bayonet Pointe. He is a board member of the Good Samaritan Clinic. Dr. Hamill voluntarily recertified his credential with the American Board of Dermatology to maintain the highest standards of Dermatology skills. Dr. Hamill has does volunteer work for many years including a missionary trip to the Dominican Republic. Dr. Hamill established Gulf Coast Dermatology in 1982 in Pasco County and has expanded to Hernando and Pinellas Counties.

Dr. Hamill Jr's Care Philosophy

Our focus is on providing world class patient care for every patient, every day. Everyone says that. But not everyone executes on that. We execute on it by using one simple philosophy. Our patients do not come first; our employees do. We know that if we take care of our employees they will take care of our patients. This is why when you come to any of our offices you will be greeted and taken care of by staff that have been with us for 15-20 years. Comfort, trust, care. We live by it.

Dr. Hamill Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Hamill Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hamill Jr

Dr. Hamill Jr accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Hamill Jr is now accepting new patients
Gulf Coast Dermatology34918 US Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
(727) 772-7360Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hamill Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hamill Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamill Jr to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Hamill Jr's Performance
    GOOD
in Palm Harbor, FL |
I really enjoyed my appointments with Dr. Hamill. He is courteous, congenial, and really seems to care. I have referred him to others who have also liked him.
in Hudson, FL |
This doctor told me his procedure would cost much less than it did cost. He charged me more for a skin cancer full body check than any other doctor has ever done.
in Gladstone, MI |
Dr. Hamill did the Mohs procedure on my hand to remove a 1" cancerous tumor in March of 2016. He did an excellent job closing up the incision. It is almost impossible to see my scar. In March of 2017 Dr. Hamill removed a cancerous tumor from my husband's face. Again he did an excellent job. It's only about 2 1/2 months since the surgery and you can hardly see the scar. He also had a friendly attitude and we didn't feel rushed when he saw us. I would definitely recommend him to a friend.
in New Port Richey, Fl |
Dr. Hamill treats you like you are one of his family when, it comes to treating you, he is very thorough and explains everything he is doing or going to do to YOUR understanding. He makes one feel very comfortable. He is an excellent doctor and surgeon!
in Hudson Fl |
The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful .Everything was explained and they even called after hours to check on me !! Dr. Hamill was amazing ! I would recommend him and this office to everyone !
in Hudson, Fl |
Dr. Hamill is wonderful...acts like he really cares...also is very knowledgeable which made me feel good about the care I would get. The staff is even more amazing!!!
in Spring Hill, FL |
AWESOME DR. & STAFF. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE TODAY. I WILL CONTINUE TO GO HERE FOR TREATMENT.
in Brooksville, FL |
Every year I had gone to a dermatologist to get checked for skin cancer. Every time a doctor looked over me and said I was fine. But then.. Dr. Hamill did it one year. He took a large number of biopsies. I asked him how much these cost and he said "only $10". All the biopsies came back negative as I knew they would because those spots were determined to be fine by many other doctors before Hamill. Next thing I know I get a bill in the mail for $900.00! I feel tricked and swindled.
in Port Richey, FL |
I had an itchy patch on my back. On Tues. I was diagnosed with "Shingles" by my General Practitioner. He said I was "contagious" and now I had exposed my son & grandchildren to Shingles. I disagreed with the diagnosis and did not fill the prescription. I researched Shingles on the internet and immediately called for an appointment with Dr. Hamill. Dr. Hamill said I had Exzema, not Shingles. He gave me a prescription. I also asked for and got a recommendation for a new General Practitioner
Palm Harbor, FL |
Today, I had an appointment at the Palm Harbor office for 9:45 I arrived early with paperwork, ID, and insurance info in hand. I was told in no uncertain terms that my appointment was not at 9:45,but at 10:45. Apparently, this was a major inconvenience for them and I was treated with complete disregard and disdain. I waited for well over an hour and a half and not a peep was said about the delay. I left without being seen. This office is completely devoid of people skills. DO NOT recommend
in Hudson, FL |
I was a new patient and saw Dr. Hamill recently for a possible basal cell carcinoma on my ear. When I called for an appt and told them that I had another removed in NY and was concerned about this sore, he took me in right away. The office staff is friendly and most pleasant. The woman who had to verify my insurance was most prompt in returning a call. On my follow up visit I was scheduled with Andrea. She explained my results thoroughly and answered other questions I asked. I never felt rus
in Hudson, FL |
I sum up my visits and care that I've received from Dr Hamill, his staff and facility with three simple words: Patient Care First. I had, and have very serious skin conditions, including cancer, resulting in the need for specialized surgeries and procedures. From my very first visit to my current ongoing care by Dr Hamill, my experience has been AWESOME. I find Dr Hamill and his team to be second-to-none, their professionalism, medical knowledge and patient care highly evident throughout.
in Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Hamill cares NOTHING about giving an accurate diagnosis. He gave my wife a diagnosis that did not make any sense. She came back a week later with evidence that the diagnosis was incorrect and he said "Ok, you don't like that; how about this.." and gave her the diagnosis she wanted. He didn't even fact-check or give any thought to the subject. It was just "Ok, you don't like this, how about this..". He could care less what the true diagnosis really was.
in Port Richey, FL |
I was shocked to see negative reviews of Dr. Hamill. My husband and I have been going to him for many years. We both have had skin cancer and he has saved both of our lives more than once. We find him to be honest, fair, caring, and very knowledgeable. We would highly recommend Dr. Hamill for anyone looking for a great dermatologist.
in Hernando, FL |
I'm not sure why he's getting so many negative reviews. I thought he was great, very respectful and pleasant. I had a positive experience with him and I'm usually terrified of doctors or anything medical. He seemed very knowledgeable about my issues and I would recommend him to anyone needing a dermatologist.
in Hudson, FL |
He took many biopsies of areas he said could be skin cancer that other dermatologists had seen for decades and never suspected as being cancer. As it turns out, none of them were cancer. BUT Hamill got a ton for doing each one. He is basically dishonest! He knew those areas were not dangerous but he did them anyway so he could collect big time. They were done so bad I am still recovering from the injuries.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Dr. Hamill is in it for the money. He will do unnecessary procedures just to get your money and he charges enormous rates.
in Clearwater, FL |
He doesn't really listen and doesn't understand how serious cystic acne is. He'd rather have you be on 4 prescriptions including antibiotics than write a prescription for what I need which is accutane. I don't normally write negative reviews but I hated my experience with this Dr. I have a severe issue I have been battling for 20 years and I've had enough. I'd rather not live anymore than deal with it. I tried telling him my story but he doesn't understand.
in Hudson, FL |
Seems very careless and does not listen well.
After 18 years with Dr Hamel we (my husband and I) are leaving his practice. Not because of the service we get but because of the Office worker Bonnie. She was short with us and embarrassed us in front of an office full of patients, therefore we regret leaving but we are no longer comfortable coming to the office.
Have you seen Dr. John Hamill Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Hamill Jr?

Internal Medicine Internship at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona

Dermatology Residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center

Board Certified Dermatologist Since 1982

Instructor for Skin Cancer Surgery to Residents

He is a board member of the Good Samaritan Clinic.

Dr. Hamill Jr's Care Philosophy

Our focus is on providing world class patient care for every patient, every day. Everyone says that. But not everyone  executes on that. We execute on it by using one simple philosophy. Our patients do not come first; our employees do. We know that if we take care of our employees they will take care of our patients. This is why when you come to any of our offices you will be greeted and taken care of by staff that have been with us for 15-20 years. Comfort, trust, care. We live by it.

Dr. Hamill Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

• Best Doctors in America, 2004-2011
    • Volunteer faculty of the Year, Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery Department, University of South FLorida, 2005
    • Surgeon of the Year, Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, 2005

• Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

Wayne State University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1978

Good Samaritan Hospital
    University Chicago

Dr. Hamill Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamill Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology