Dr. John Gosserand, MD

Dr. John Gosserand, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. John Gosserand, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Alexandria, LA. He specializes in gastroenterology.

3311 Prescott Rd Ste 411

Alexandria, LA 71301

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan

Learn about Dr. Gosserand

See how frequently Dr. Gosserand performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis
Unexplained Weight Loss

Dr. Gosserand's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Education data for Dr. Gosserand is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Gosserand has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gosserand does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gosserand and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gosserand's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gosserand to family and friends

Dr. Gosserand's Performance

In my initial visit, he seemed hurried and disinterested. He abruptly left the room. I didn't know the visit was over. At my followup visit, he told me that the polyp was precancerous and that I would need another colonoscopy in three years. He said, "You will only have two or three more because...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Seemed distracted and disinterested and even sarcastic. After about 10 minutes of discussion, he stood up and said he was going to schedule my test and left. I had more questions so I waited, his nurse came in and started to clean up and when I asked if he was going to come back, she said no. I had...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Gosserand & his nurses are excellent. always have been treated in a timely manner, nurses returned phone calls quickly and my conditions were always explained in a way i understood (not too much medical terminology). He is a very personable doctor and listens thoroughly.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would definitely recommend Dr. Gosserand because he is a very competent physician. He performed a endoscopy and colonoscopy on me and opened up a stricture in my esophagus that was causing me to experience dysphagia (pain on swallowing).
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
After I came back for a checkup after testing ands treatment (with no relief), I informed him that I was still having the same symptoms. He offered to write a prescription for a medicine that he had already prescribed. After I told him this, he said well looks like you don't need to come back for...more
Are you Dr. Gosserand?