Dr. John Gorecki, MD

Dr. John Gorecki, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Neurosurgery Answer 1100 Northside Forsyth Dr Ste 310 Cumming, GA 30041 Get Directions

I believe in partnering with my patients throughout their journey; from the initial exam and diagnosis through treatment and follow-up. I am committed to providing the expertise, skill and compassionate care needed to help patients achieve a more meaningful quality of life.

I care deeply about each of my patients, striving through my work to live by the principles of my Christian faith, bringing glory to God, whose name and renown are the desire of my heart (Isaiah 26:8).

Dr. John Gorecki received his medical degree from Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. He completed his surgical internship at Saint Michael's Hospital in Toronto and his residency at the University of Toronto, Canada, receiving advanced training in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery and epilepsy. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. John Gorecki is board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Board of Neurological Surgery. Dr. John Gorecki has a comfortable office on the campus of Northside Hospital- Forsyth. He has held a range of academic faculty appointments, including Assistant Professor at Duke University Medical Center and the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He has also held many leadership positions; including Chief of Neurosurgery for Northeast Georgia Physicians Group and Via Christi Health, and Gamma Knife Director for Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.

Dr. Gorecki's Experience

See how Dr. Gorecki's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gorecki

Dr. Gorecki accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Gorecki has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gorecki's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gorecki to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Gorecki Says:

Thank you for sharing this valuable information so I may continuously improve the patients experience in my practice.  I always appreciate patients contacting me directly and sharing your concerns so I may address specifically with you.

Dr. Gorecki's Performance
in Flowery Branch, GA |
I was in chronic pain for 6 solid years. I was losing hope. Dr. Gorecki was my last line of salvation. He fixed me and I my life has changed from a 1 on a 10 scale, to at least a 6...it would be higher but I have other things wrong with me. I highly recommend him to anyone who has been disappointed with other neurosurgeons. I hugged his neck.
in Gainesville, GA |
I 1st saw Dr Gorecki in Dec of 2011 and had disectomy on L1 and S5 in Mar of 2012. Constant pain prior to surgery. I was back at work in 2 weeks. In June of 2016 I hurt my c-spine. I had numbness and severe pain to both arms. No grip strength in either hand and severe pain in both biceps and triceps. Diagnosis of cervical radiculopathy and severe myelopathy. C5 and C6 fused. I work in construction with ext ladders and climbing utility poles. Back to work in 60 days. Highly recommend Dr Gorecki
in Land Wales FL |
I had a major back surgery done by Dr Gorecki at NGMC in Gainesville, GA in 2013. I discovered months later that one of the screws he placed during the surgery was right on my vein to my left leg. When I confronted him he lied to me and said, Everything went according to plan. I had to go back to NY where it was corrected. According to Drs in NY the wrong level had been fused according to a CT mylogram I had done in NY. I would strongly advise everyone to stay clear of Dr Gorecki and NGMC.
in Gainesville, GA |
Dr. Gorecki performed a major back surgery on me and I was very pleased with the outcome. He was very honest and professional.
Excellent surgeon. He is extremely thorough and explained everything to me.
in Oakwood, GA |
Excellent surgeon. He spent significant time with me and explained everything to me going on with my spins. I feel confident with him.
Have you seen Dr. John Gorecki, MD?
Are you Dr. Gorecki?

Compare Dr. Gorecki

Dr. Gorecki says...

Dr. John Gorecki has a comfortable office on the campus of Northside Hospital- Forsyth.  He has held a range of academic faculty appointments, including Assistant Professor at Duke University Medical Center and the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He has also held many leadership positions; including Chief of Neurosurgery for Northeast Georgia Physicians Group and Via Christi Health, and Gamma Knife Director for Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.

Dr. Gorecki's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gorecki says...

Over the years, I have developed a strong patient base through my work with brain and spinal disorders, with positive patient outcomes. Due to my extensive surgical training and advanced skills in the surgical suite, combined with my caring, empathetic manner, patients often travel a considerable distance to consult with me. Regardless of whether a case involves surgery, I remains committed to providing each of my patients with a high standard of neurosurgical advice and care to facilitate optimal results and a meaningful quality of life.

Dr. Gorecki says...

I am a board certified neurosurgeon with over 25 years of neurosurgical experience. My surgical expertise encompasses minimally invasive surgical options for the spine and brain and innovative use of surgical navigation. In addition to offering treatment for all disorders of the brain and spine, I specializes in stereotactic surgery, with focused radiotherapy for the treatment of tumors and deep brain stimulation for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, movement disorders, and tremor. I have wide experience in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia, including specialized training and expertise with Gamma Knife and Cyberknife radiosurgery. I have extensive practice treating benign and malignant brain tumors and acoustic neuromas. I am also able to offer transnasal endoscopic pituitary surgery in collaboration with ENT.

Dr. Gorecki says...

Dr. Gorecki's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Gorecki has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gorecki's Board Certifications

• Brain Hemorrhage
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Graduated in 1983

• French
  • German
  • Polish

Dr. Gorecki does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gorecki and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Cranial CyberKnife® Robotic Radiosurgery
  • Cranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Craniectomy
  • Craniotomy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Facet Block
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy