Dr. John Gordon, MD

Dr. John Gordon, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |

I was raised in suburban Boston and from an early age seemed destined to pursue a career in medicine. My grandfather was a General Practitioner in Quincy, MA. My father and brother were both general surgeons. My uncle is an academic medical endocrinologist. Basically, I was left with no career path but medicine. Following Princeton, I attended medical school at Duke and decided to pursue Obstetrics and Gynecology with a further sub-specialization in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. I have been privileged to help hundreds of patients realize their dreams of becoming parents and appreciate the trust they have shown me in allowing me to be their physician. I love teaching and every week I lecture to the medical students and residents from several of the local medical schools (GWU, Georgetown, VCU, Inova Fairfax). I have been honored to receive the APGO CREOG National Teaching Award four times (2015, 2008, 2003, 2000) and have been listed in the Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors Issue for many years. As an Eagle Scout and the father of two Eagle Scouts I have an appreciation for nature and the outdoors. My hobbies include Medical Publishing and watching bad science fiction movies (too old to go to Comic Con).

Dominion Fertility & Endocrinology

46 S Glebe Rd Ste 301

Arlington, VA 22204

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Gordon

Infertility is an emotionally draining problem that few patients ever expect to deal with in their lives. Many of them spend years worrying about unintended pregnancy and then when they fail to conceive quickly it seems shocking. There are many different paths to success in fertility medicine and my job is to help patients determine the best path for them as an individual. The approach for each patient must be considered economically, philosophically, emotionally and physically. Once size does not fit all, especially when considering fertility treatments.

Dr. Gordon's Experience

Dr. Gordon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Donor Egg Collection
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Princeton University
  • Stanford University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • UCSF
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Gordon Says:

You can't fix it if you don't know it is broken. I appreciate honest and thoughtful feedback. Email, Twitter, Facebook are all ways in which I connect with my patients and hopefully receive feedback.

Dr. Gordon's Performance
Fairfax, VA |
Compassionate doctor with experience and knowledge. He diagnosed the condition exactly and teamed up with other experts for right treatments. Resulted in two healthy babies.
Alexandria, VA |
Very rude, and obnoxious.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Gordon was recommended to us about 18 months into our fertility journey and a better suggestion could not have been made! Dr. Gordon and his team are the most engaged, kind, encouraging group of medical professionals I have ever known. It is because of their excellent work, commitment, and compassion that we will be welcoming our baby in 2017, and we are beyond thrilled. For a more detailed version of our story, please check out Yelp, FertilityAuthority, or RateMDs.
in Carrollton, TX |
Thank you so much for your amazing care. Your compassion, understanding, and care helped me get through a difficult time. It was a roller coaster ride of physical and emotional upheaval that was made easier with Dr Gordon and Dominion Fertility as my doctor and clinic. You are very good at what you do. I can honestly say you are the best doctor I’ve ever had. So, thank you once again.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Gordon is simply the best. After wasting YEARS and lots of money at Shady Grove, my husband and I decided to give Dr. Gordon and Dominion a try. Dr. Gordon worked closely with us to find the best treatment and I got pregnant the very first Natural Cycle. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage around 9.5 weeks. When I returned to Dr. Gordon, feeling completely defeated, he assured us it would work out and sure enough it did. The nurses are also wonderful, especially Sam. Thank you, Dr. Gordon!
Have you seen Dr. John Gordon, MD?
Are you Dr. Gordon?