Dr. John D. Gordon, MD

Personal Bio

Dr. Gordon's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gordon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon accepts 5 insurance carriers

5 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gordon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon's Review Details
3 based on 6 responses
Experience with Dr. Gordon
Dr. Gordon's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (5)
Dr. John D. Gordon, MD says

You can't fix it if you don't know it is broken. I appreciate honest and thoughtful feedback. Email, Twitter, Facebook are all ways in which I connect with my patients and hopefully receive feedback.

Have you seen Dr. John D. Gordon, MD?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  • Fertility Medicine
  • Reproductive Endocrinology
  • Reproductive Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Gordon's Board Certifications

• Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Gordon says..

I have been practicing now for almost 20 years. Following my residency in Ob Gyn at Stanford I completed a Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at UCSF. My first position was at Long Island IVF and then 16 years ago I moved my family to the Metro DC area so that I could join Michael DiMattina MD at Dominion Fertility. We deal with a very well educated patient population and I have always approached each and every patient with the care and respect that I would demand as a patient myself. No one chooses to have infertility and my job is to prove excellent advice, support and treatment to ensure the chance for my patients to have the opportunity to become a parent.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Female Infertility
  • Infertility
  • Miscarriages
  • Multiple Miscarriages

Dr. Gordon says..

We perform IVF in an office based setting. Since 2007 we have offered Natural Cycle IVF in addition to regular (stimulated cycle) and Donor Egg IVF. We perform more Natural Cycle IVF than any other clinic in the US. In the last few years an increasing number of our patients have elected to undergo Preimplantation Genetic Screening of their embryos prior to embryo transfer. PGS can increase the efficiency of IVF leading to fewer twins and better outcomes for both Mom and Baby.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Donor Egg Collection
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Duke University

Ucsf

Completed in 1999

Princeton University

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gordon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gordon

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gordon's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Gordon

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Gordon says...

I was raised in suburban Boston and from an early age seemed destined to pursue a career in medicine. My grandfather was a General Practitioner in Quincy, MA. My father and brother were both general surgeons. My uncle is an academic medical endocrinologist. Basically, I was left with no career path but medicine.

Following Princeton, I attended medical school at Duke and decided to pursue Obstetrics and Gynecology with a further sub-specialization in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. I have been privileged to help hundreds of patients realize their dreams of becoming parents and appreciate the trust they have shown me in allowing me to be their physician.

I love teaching and every week I lecture to the medical students and residents from several of the local medical schools (GWU, Georgetown, VCU, Inova Fairfax). I have been honored to receive the APGO CREOG National Teaching Award four times (2015, 2008, 2003, 2000) and have been listed in the Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors Issue for many years.

As an Eagle Scout and the father of two Eagle Scouts I have an appreciation for nature and the outdoors. My hobbies include Medical Publishing and watching bad science fiction movies (too old to go to Comic Con).

Dr. Gordon's Care Philosophy

Infertility is an emotionally draining problem that few patients ever expect to deal with in their lives. Many of them spend years worrying about unintended pregnancy and then when they fail to conceive quickly it seems shocking. There are many different paths to success in fertility medicine and my job is to help patients determine the best path for them as an individual. The approach for each patient must be considered economically, philosophically, emotionally and physically. Once size does not fit all, especially when considering fertility treatments.