Dr. John D. Gordon, MD

Dr. John D. Gordon, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male | 52 years old

I was raised in suburban Boston and from an early age seemed destined to pursue a career in medicine. My grandfather was a General Practitioner in Quincy, MA. My father and brother were both general surgeons. My uncle is an academic medical endocrinologist. Basically, I was left with no career path but medicine. Following Princeton, I attended medical school at Duke and decided to pursue Obstetrics and Gynecology with a further sub-specialization in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. I have been privileged to help hundreds of patients realize their dreams of becoming parents and appreciate the trust they have shown me in allowing me to be their physician. I love teaching and every week I lecture to the medical students and residents from several of the local medical schools (GWU, Georgetown, VCU, Inova Fairfax). I have been honored to receive the APGO CREOG National Teaching Award four times (2015, 2008, 2003, 2000) and have been listed in the Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors Issue for many years. As an Eagle Scout and the father of two Eagle Scouts I have an appreciation for nature and the outdoors. My hobbies include Medical Publishing and watching bad science fiction movies (too old to go to Comic Con).Read more

Dominion Fertility & Endocrinology
46 S Glebe Rd Ste 301
Arlington, VA 22204 Get Directions

Infertility is an emotionally draining problem that few patients ever expect to deal with in their lives. Many of them spend years worrying about unintended pregnancy and then when they fail to conceive quickly it seems shocking. There are many different paths to success in fertility medicine and my job is to help patients determine the best path for them as an individual. The approach for each patient must be considered economically, philosophically, emotionally and physically. Once size does not fit all, especially when considering fertility treatments.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Gordon's Experience

See how Dr. Gordon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gordon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Gordon
Dr. Gordon's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (8)
Dr. Gordon Says:

You can't fix it if you don't know it is broken. I appreciate honest and thoughtful feedback. Email, Twitter, Facebook are all ways in which I connect with my patients and hopefully receive feedback.

in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Gordon was recommended to us about 18 months into our fertility journey and a better suggestion could not have been made! Dr. Gordon and his team are the most engaged, kind, encouraging group of medical professionals I have ever known. It is because of their excellent work, commitment, and compassion that we will be welcoming our baby in 2017, and we are beyond thrilled. For a more detailed version of our story, please check out Yelp, FertilityAuthority, or RateMDs.
in Carrollton, TX |
Thank you so much for your amazing care. Your compassion, understanding, and care helped me get through a difficult time. It was a roller coaster ride of physical and emotional upheaval that was made easier with Dr Gordon and Dominion Fertility as my doctor and clinic. You are very good at what you do. I can honestly say you are the best doctor I’ve ever had. So, thank you once again.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Gordon is simply the best. After wasting YEARS and lots of money at Shady Grove, my husband and I decided to give Dr. Gordon and Dominion a try. Dr. Gordon worked closely with us to find the best treatment and I got pregnant the very first Natural Cycle. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage around 9.5 weeks. When I returned to Dr. Gordon, feeling completely defeated, he assured us it would work out and sure enough it did. The nurses are also wonderful, especially Sam. Thank you, Dr. Gordon!
Have you seen Dr. John D. Gordon, MD?
Are you Dr. Gordon?

Dr. Gordon's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gordon says...

I have been practicing now for almost 20 years. Following my residency in Ob Gyn at Stanford I completed a Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at UCSF. My first position was at Long Island IVF and then 16 years ago I moved my family to the Metro DC area so that I could join Michael DiMattina MD at Dominion Fertility. We deal with a very well educated patient population and I have always approached each and every patient with the care and respect that I would demand as a patient myself. No one chooses to have infertility and my job is to prove excellent advice, support and treatment to ensure the chance for my patients to have the opportunity to become a parent.

Dr. Gordon says...

We perform IVF in an office based setting. Since 2007 we have offered Natural Cycle IVF in addition to regular (stimulated cycle) and Donor Egg IVF. We perform more Natural Cycle IVF than any other clinic in the US. In the last few years an increasing number of our patients have elected to undergo Preimplantation Genetic Screening of their embryos prior to embryo transfer. PGS can increase the efficiency of IVF leading to fewer twins and better outcomes for both Mom and Baby.

Dr. Gordon says...

Dr. Gordon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gordon's Board Certifications

UCSF

Completed in 1999

Princeton University

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  • Fertility Medicine
  • Reproductive Endocrinology
  • Reproductive Medicine

• Donor Egg Collection
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)