Dr. John Gernert, MD

Interventional Pain MedicineMaleAge 47

Dr. Gernert

Ambltry Endscpy Center Cntrl FL

515 W State Road 434 Ste 105 Longwood, FL 32750

Dr. John Gernert, MD is a Interventional Pain Medicine Specialist in Longwood, FL. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gernert to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Interventional Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Gernert's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Muscle Spasm
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Occipital Nerve Block
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Synvisc® Injection
  • Vertebral Fracture

Dr. Gernert accepts

Dr. Gernert accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Gernert's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gernert

Dr. Gernert?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (13)
  • Explained conditions well (13)
  • Office environment (13)
    I'm not sure I will ever be able to fully express how amazing Dr. Gernert truly is. After 2yrs of watching my husband's deterioration before my eyes and all hope lost with one bad doctor after another, we ended up with Dr. Gernert. He is compassionate, attentive and caring. He is willing to listen and explore all options possible to resolve your health problems with the best possible outcome. Dr. Gernert says yes, where others said no. His assistant, Dee is absolutely one of the hardest working people there is. She is completely dedicated to her patients. Four weeks ago my husband had a Abbott Spine Cord Stimulator put in and he is virtually living a pain free life, soley because of Dr. Gernert and his staff. And their Abbott rep, Jeroen is just wonderful. Hands on and completely dedicated to his patients and helping them through the process. I recommend Dr. Gernert in a second for anyone thinking all hope is lost. He is literally responsible for saving my husband.
    Jennifer Stevenson – May 27, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Dr Gernert is absolutely amazing. For years I have experienced horrible excruciating neck pain, that my previous rheumatologist said was next spasms and would give me Valium and eventually the pain would go away. Then after three or four flare-ups, the valium never worked again nor any pill took away the pain. I was told to get a Stand-Up MRI as I couldn't even lay down because of excruciating pain going down my arm and neck. I was diagnosed with cervical disc disease. I went to Dr Gernert and he gave me shots that within days took every bit of the pain away. It was amazing and I didn't go back for almost a year and a half and got another injection and I feel as if I'm a new person. He is always very pleasant and kind and will get to the bottom of whatever your issue is. He never says you have to live with this problem like other doctors have said.
    Debbie Beam – May 25, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    I AM 69 YEARS OLD. I ALWAYS FELT STRONG, NEVER BROKE A BONE, OR HAD SURGURY...VERY LUCKY. IN EARLY AUGUST 2020 I BEGAN FEELING SOME MILD PAIN (1-3) AND AND WEAKNESS IN MY RIGHT SIDE NECK/SHOULDER DOWN MY ARM. WITHIN TWO WEEKS THE PAIN INCREASED TO AN (8-9) AND WAS "CONSTANT". ABSOLUTELY NO RELIEF 24/7 THROUGH MID NOVEMBER. NOT WILLING TO TAKE OPIATES, I REALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE FOR ME UNTIL ........ MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR HAD JUST COME FROM COASTAL PAIN AND NEUROLOGY FOR HIS LOWER BACK PAIN (WHICH HE HAS HAD FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. HE COULDN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW HIS PAIN WAS COMPLETELY GONE AFTER 1 DAY OF HIS APPOINTMENT. WELL... I MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR GERNERT NEAR THANKSGIVING. WITHIN 48 HOURS, I TO WAS PAIN FREE. THIS WAS AND IS AN INCREDIBLE MIRACLE FOR ME. IT IS NOW 3 MONTHS LATER AND I REMAIN PAIN FREE. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR GIVING ME MY LIFE BACK. YOUR PRACTICE, SERVICES AND STAFF ARE REMARKABLE. THANK YOU AGAIN
    ART SCHLEIFMAN – Mar 06, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Bottom line..birth defect caused my lowerback to curve over the years, then corkscrew.Surgery..unsuccessful. I worked since age12 until pain 24/7 took my life away in my late 50's.For 6 years I went thru pain management from pills,cortisone injections, nerve blocks and ablations. 0 helped. I closed off to life and friends...until I was referred to Dr John Gernert by a stranger. The day I met him changed my life.He was the first Dr. who offered HOPE to me over the past 6 years.The procedure was call an Abbott Spinial Cord StimulatorTrial, done at the clinic.1st day I was convinced I was wishing too hard. The 2nd day I was crying in disbelief that I was actually out of 90% of pain that had ruined my life.WHY had no other Dr offered me such a hope on life? WHY?I will forever be blessed by a man/Dr, who has given my life back to me. Please.please..go see Dr Gernert or at least ask your Dr about this treatment. Why is it being kept from the thousands of people in the like situation as mine?
    Annette Elaine Walsh – Mar 03, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    He is very knowledgeable at what he does and can help get a good combination for any pain needs.
    Mar 02, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    I could not be more pleased with the treatment I’ve received from Dr. Gernert and staff. I had been experiencing back pain for several months caused by a vertebral compression fracture. At times the pain was severe. Dr. Gernert performed a minimally invasive procedure, called a kyphoplasty, to repair the fracture. The relief was total, immediate, and permanent. I feel like I have my life back! THANK YOU, DR. GERNERT. I highly recommend Dr. Gernert to anyone with back pain.
    Julie Frost – Feb 26, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Absolutely perfect. He is so thorough with procedures and explanations. I have told several friends about him already.
    Thomas Goff – Feb 10, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. He really takes the time to find a treatment plan that works. He’s helped me achieve my goal of getting back to an active life.
    Elizabeth – Dec 16, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Dr.Gernert has been the only Physician in 16 years that has been able to help my pain management. I began with him a year ago. I have done every therapy , every type of medicine , you name it ive done it. Unfortunately my condition is not able to be solved my surgery so options are limited. I have only had a hand full of visits in the past year that are a long term solution to my everyday pain scale of a 10. I am now at either no pain or very little with Dr.Gernert's care. AMAZINGGGGGGG if you want pain relief and not a million visits he is your Doctor. Nicest most effective Doctor around. Thank you again Dr. Gernert you saved my life no igsageration.
    Oct 09, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Excellent treatment by Dr Gernert!
    Charlie in Longwood, FL – Mar 30, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?
    Outstanding skills and bedside manner!!
    Lake Mary, FL – Feb 14, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Gernert, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gernert?

I have a deep desire to help patients with devastating pain conditions improve their quality of life by using the latest technology and treatment options...Read more

• Interventional Pain Medicine