Dr. John Friel, MD

Dr. John Friel, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

John Friel, MD, is a colon and rectal surgeon serving the greater Nashua area. He is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery.

Dr. John Friel, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Nashua, NH. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Friel is affiliated with Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, Parkland Medical Center and St. Joseph Hospital.

Dr. Friel's Experience

See how Dr. Friel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Friel

Dr. Friel accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Friel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Friel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Friel to family and friends
Dr. Friel's Performance
in Milford, NH |
Having a surgary is no fun,bur having a great surgeon makes it easier and less stressful
in nashua, nh |
I liked him very much. He is not a doctor who talks down to you. He talks directly to you and makes sure that you understand what he is saying. Would highly recommend him.
in Lyndeborough, NH |
Underwent colon resection for diverticulitis with Dr. Friel. No complications or infection. Dr. Friel was efficient, available and thorough in answering all my questions and concerns about the surgery. I highly recommend him. Steve F.
in Hudson, NH |
Dr Friel has been an outstanding individual during my many bouts with diverticulitis. I have had him by my side over the past 8 years. He has preformed 2 major surgeries once about 4 years ago and just recently with a colostomy reversal. He was by my side all the way. I strongly recommend his exprtise and can't thank him enough for always being there. I definitely would recommend him to anyone whom has struggled with this .Sincerely thankful for all you've accomplished with me. Sandra Petersen
in Amherst, NH |
I was unsure about trusting anyone to address issues in my rectal area, at first. After a thorough discussion of the options available to me, and some additional discussion, relative to my visit, I left the procedure knowing I had seen a skilled doctor and would have no problem trusting him to treat me again, should the need arise. I highly recommend Dr. Friel. He is thorough, efficient and very knowledgeable.
in Lowell, MA |
Dr.Friel was very professional. Described all options. The lancing procedures he performed on me was quick and easy with very little discomfort. I immediately trusted Dr . Friel and his nurse.
in Nashua, NH |
Dr. Friel recently performed a colon partial removal and resection because of a spot found during a colonoscopy. My office consult, hospital stay and after visit all went great. He is personable, professional and a great doctor. I was out of the hospital in two days and back to work in two weeks. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Laconia, NH |
Very thorough and takes the time to explain your problem in terms a normal person can understand. I found him to be very caring and truly concerned about my problem. He offered me options but knew when it was time to recommend the important decisions be made. He is prompt and courteous both at the office and the hospital. I would highly recommend him.
in Hudson, NH |
Dr. Friel was very kind, informative, and thorough during my visits and surgery. I was diagnosed with colon cancer and had many questions and emotions. He took the time to answer my questions and I never felt he was rushing out of the room. He performed a laparoscopic sigmoid resection a week after my initial diagnosis. The procedure went great, the recovery was better than I expected and thanks to his skill, my surgery scar is minor. I highly recommend Dr. Friel!
in Nashua, NH |
Dr Friel had taken the time to explain in great detail the diagnosis and the required surgical procedure I did not feel that I was rushed though the process. The surgery went much better that I expected and the recovery was quick even though this was a significant surgery. Dr. Friel is a highly experience surgeon and I credit his expertise to my quick and painless recovery. I would not hesitate to have any procedure with Dr Friel I assure you that you are in great hands.
Have you seen Dr. John Friel, MD?
Are you Dr. Friel?

Compare Dr. Friel

Dr. Friel's Care Philosophy

Dr. Friel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

Graduated in 1990

• Other Education
    Boston University School of Medicine

Completed in 1994

Dr. Friel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Friel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Anoscopy With Removal of Anal Tumor
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy