Dr. John Frangie, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

NorthEast Laser Center 1132 Westfield St West Springfield, MA 01089 Get Directions
Dr. John Frangie, MD
Dr. John Frangie, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in West Springfield, MA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Frangie is affiliated with Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Holyoke Medical Center, Cooley Dickinson Hospital and Baystate Medical Center.

Dr. Frangie's Care Philosophy

The mission of our practice is to deliver an unmatched level of personal attention and expertise to those patients seeking to optimize their visual performance. Doctor John Frangie has made it imperative to his practice to provide Western Massachusetts patients with state of the art technology, accordingly, the NorthEast Laser Center was among the first practices in the country to incorporate laser vision breakthroughs include No Blade IntraLasik via a femtosecond technology, LASIK and PRK.

Dr. Frangie's Experience

See how Dr. Frangie's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Frangie

Dr. Frangie accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Frangie is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Frangie has admitting privileges.

Dr. Frangie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frangie to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Frangie's Performance
in Connecticut |
Dr Frangie is located out of state for me. I travel the distance to see him because he is the best eye physician around. I would highly recommend Dr Frangie and his staff to anyone who wishes efficiency, professionalism, on- time appointments, expertise and the most advanced technology. I am scheduled for cataract surgery and can't wait. I KNOW I'm in the best of hands.
in Chicopee ma. |
My experience with Dr.Frangie was more then just expected. I found him to be very kind and professional. He performed cataract surgery on both eyes for me and the results were truly astonishing. I highly recommend Dr.Frangie. He is truly gifted and a God send. Thank you John for giving me might sight back better then it ever was. I'm forever in your debt. Thank you.
in Ma. |
two cataracts removed within the last year and half.I had IOL lenses placed in each eye .My vision for both distance and closeup is very good. Dr. Frangie was very professional throughout this whole process.
I am very very nearsighted and developed cataracts in my 40's. Being so nearsighted put me at high risk for the surgery. Eventhough I was quite nervous, I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Frangie is excellent at what he does and both surgerys went well. I have also had a couple laser treatments with good results. Grateful for all he has done for me and would absolutely recommend.
Westfield, MA |
I would never recommend this place. They are crooks! Buyer beware. Was charged $400 for a $10 co-pay and was charged full price for my glasses and prescription and never submitted it to me insurance co. I will never go there again!!!
in Holyoke, MA |
I have a rare and complicated medical condition- requiring me to be seen by Dr. Frangie for both routine and emergency care. he's listens carefully and compassionately and is a very skilled doctor- his staff are caring, attentive and happy- which says a lot about how he runs his office. he went to bat for me more times than i can count and i recommend them without reservation. THEY made ALL the difference. i felt so cared for!
Florence, MA |
Beware: If you go for an annual exam that is covered 100% by your insurance company, Beware he will find a diagnose and charge you, even if you and he knows about the same problem for years, He will charge you for that same diagnose every time you go.
in Westfield, MA |
I am very satisfied with the care and attention that I received from Dr. Frangie as well as all the staff and am totally satisfied with the procedure(s) performed to improve my vision. I had worn contact lenses for 40+ years and no longer need them.
in Turners Falls, MA |
From initial consultation through final follow-up exam Doctor Frangie, his staff and his associated staff at the Cataract and Laser Center were totally professional, courteous, knowledgeable, informative and thorough. The cataract procedures, themselves, we're quick and painless resulting in as perfect a result as could be expected. Though my results were good, the confidence I had in Dr. Frangie to handle any problems that might occur took away a great deal of my pre-surgical anxiety.
Ellington, CT |
Would seek second opinion Great guy but inserted the wrong lens and my vision is worst now than before. I didn't ask enough questions.
in West Springfield, MA |
I had my first visit at this practice and I was very happy. This was one of the nicest medical offices I've ever visited; clean, comfortable and very professional. The care I received was first class and I was treated like I mattered. I've been raving about this practice to all of my co-workers, some of whom told me they are patients. Great practice, highly recommended!
Boston, MA |
Dr. Frangie and his staff took excellenct care of me.
Have you seen Dr. John Frangie, MD?
Are you Dr. Frangie?

Compare Dr. Frangie

Dr. Frangie's Care Philosophy

Dr. Frangie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Frangie has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Frangie's Board Certifications

• Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

University Rochester

Completed in 1992

• French
  • Russian

Dr. Frangie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frangie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology