Dr. John Francis, DO

Dr. John Francis, DO

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male | 44 years old

62 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Francis specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and practices in Independence, MO. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Francis? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Francis' Experience

See how Dr. Francis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Francis

Experience with Dr. Francis
Dr. Francis' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (59)
in Lees ferry, AZ |
This is a Doctor that cares and listens and is not just a pill writer.
in Independence, MO |
I went to see thus quack because I wanted to taper off valium. He said he was the doctor for me. Then we talked 15 to 20 minutes and he said I didn't want to taper off the Valium and told me to see someone else. When I asked why he thought that, he couldn't give me any reasoning whatsoever. Very rude and unprofessional at the end of our session. But if he doesn't want my insurance money that's his loss I guess. I definitely understand why they are called quacks now cause this dude is pathetic.
Kansas City, MO |
Dr. John Francis was a lot of talk but no action when it came down to it. I became very ill by the meds he had prescribed me (after he put me on 5 new things at once) and I was unable to drive or to work because i was so out of it and dizzy. I had trouble walking and talking and would not remember what I had done the moment before. He got me in and tweaked my meds. I started a new week and had a terrible and similar reaction to the new med as I had to the old ones.His office refuse call me back.
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Francis is a very good listener. At first I thought he was preoccupied with paperwork and not understanding or listening to my concerns. After more than 2 years as his patient I found that he has made it a priority to understand and treat my specific needs. I don't mind the wait time as I feel his time with me is well worth the wait. His staff has improved recently. -CW
in Lees Summit, MO |
My son and I waited over 45 min to be seen by Dr Francis. Once we did meet with the Dr. he was very rude and sarcastic to myself and my 16 year old son. If you're not interested in various medicines, this Dr. has no interest in helping you. He could not have appeared less interested in talking with my son. In fact, seemed bored. I will not recommend him to anyone.
in Blue Springs, MO |
I've had a couple of bad experiences with 5-minute psychiatrists and went to see Dr. Francis based on a referral from a friend of a friend. He spends time getting information from you, is honest with feedback, and makes sure any meds he prescribes, work out for you. He started me on a very common med, but I had a really bad reaction. He returned my call the same day, saw me the next day, and tried a different approach and it worked great for me. He actually 'hears' you, so it's worth the wait.
Dr. Francis is an amazing doctor. It's true you might wait for a while in the waiting room for your appointment, but that's because Dr Francis doesn't rush his appointment with you. He is very thorough, and makes sure he understands everything you are going through so he know how best to treat you. I will never go anywhere else! This man is a genius, and in the two years he has been treating me I always walk out of his office feeling like I've been heard and understood.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr Francis is very knowledgeable and I trust him. However, he is very busy. If you have to have a doctor you can call and ask questions of at any time, he is not the one for you. He also is constantly running behind on appointments, so expect to sit a while in the waiting room. But there's a good reason for this: he hates to rush a session. He wants to know how you're REALLY doing before he changes your meds. Very different from some psychiatrists. Could make it worth the wait. It does for me.
in Waynesville, MO |
I have been seeing Dr. Francis for years now and he has been a life saver for me. Always very kind and concerned about my well being. People post if they have a bad experience or if they don't get the drugs they are seeking. So take bad comments into consideration.
in Blue Springs |
Expect 1 hour + wait times to see Dr. Francis. On top of that his staff is rude young girls that have no idea how to run the office. Dr. Franicis Seems to be in this for the money not to help treat his patients
Have you seen Dr. John Francis, DO?
Are you Dr. Francis?

Compare Dr. Francis

Dr. Francis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Ks Univ Of Med & Biosci Coll Of Osteo Med

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Francis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Francis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results