Dr. John Francis, DO

Dr. John Francis, DO

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. John Francis, DO is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Independence, MO. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

4731 S Cochise Dr Ste 206

Independence, MO 64055

• CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Francis

See how frequently Dr. Francis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases
Major Depressive Disorder
ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Francis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Francis does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Ks Univ Of Med & Biosci Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. Francis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Francis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Francis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Francis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Francis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Francis to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Francis' Performance
Kansas City, MO |
I would highly recommend Dr. John Francis to those seeking. Not only is he easy to talk to, he's also prompt, professional, and takes the time to listen- something I find rare in a doctor today! The office is clean and the staff is extremely personable... I immediately felt welcomed.
Plattsburg, MO |
My son has seen him for several years. He listens to him and me as well. I would definitely recommend him.
Kansas City, MO |
The staff at the doctor's office is incredibly terrible. They do not follow through and tell you things that are not true to get you off of the phone as quickly as possible. You also always have to wait for ever for appointments with the Doctor. Getting prior authorizations taken care of are a joke and it seems like the staff does everything they can to make it more difficult. Very frustrating.
in WARRENSBURG MO |
DR FRANCIS HIMSELF IS GREAT, MY SON HAS BEEN SEEING HIM FOR 10 YEARS NOW. HOWEVER WHEN APPLYING FOR AN ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR HIS $300 PRESCRIPTION THE STAFF HAS GAVE ME A RUN AROUND FOR TWO MONTHS WITH NO RESOLVE YET. THE ONLY LINE THAT WILL BE ANSWERED WHEN YOU CALL THE OFFICE NUMBER IS TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AND NO ONE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE. WHEN I DID SPEAK WITH DR FRANCIS NURSE SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND TOLD ME IF I COULDN'T WAIT THEN TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. PEACE OUT!
in Independence, MOu |
I really need help and he refused to treat me after only 2 weeks. I guess there is a correct way of being mentally ill and I am not doing it right.
in Lees ferry, AZ |
This is a Doctor that cares and listens and is not just a pill writer.
in Independence, MO |
I went to see thus quack because I wanted to taper off valium. He said he was the doctor for me. Then we talked 15 to 20 minutes and he said I didn't want to taper off the Valium and told me to see someone else. When I asked why he thought that, he couldn't give me any reasoning whatsoever. Very rude and unprofessional at the end of our session. But if he doesn't want my insurance money that's his loss I guess. I definitely understand why they are called quacks now cause this dude is pathetic.
Kansas City, MO |
Dr. John Francis was a lot of talk but no action when it came down to it. I became very ill by the meds he had prescribed me (after he put me on 5 new things at once) and I was unable to drive or to work because i was so out of it and dizzy. I had trouble walking and talking and would not remember what I had done the moment before. He got me in and tweaked my meds. I started a new week and had a terrible and similar reaction to the new med as I had to the old ones.His office refuse call me back.
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Francis is a very good listener. At first I thought he was preoccupied with paperwork and not understanding or listening to my concerns. After more than 2 years as his patient I found that he has made it a priority to understand and treat my specific needs. I don't mind the wait time as I feel his time with me is well worth the wait. His staff has improved recently. -CW
in Lees Summit, MO |
My son and I waited over 45 min to be seen by Dr Francis. Once we did meet with the Dr. he was very rude and sarcastic to myself and my 16 year old son. If you're not interested in various medicines, this Dr. has no interest in helping you. He could not have appeared less interested in talking with my son. In fact, seemed bored. I will not recommend him to anyone.
in Blue Springs, MO |
I've had a couple of bad experiences with 5-minute psychiatrists and went to see Dr. Francis based on a referral from a friend of a friend. He spends time getting information from you, is honest with feedback, and makes sure any meds he prescribes, work out for you. He started me on a very common med, but I had a really bad reaction. He returned my call the same day, saw me the next day, and tried a different approach and it worked great for me. He actually 'hears' you, so it's worth the wait.
Dr. Francis is an amazing doctor. It's true you might wait for a while in the waiting room for your appointment, but that's because Dr Francis doesn't rush his appointment with you. He is very thorough, and makes sure he understands everything you are going through so he know how best to treat you. I will never go anywhere else! This man is a genius, and in the two years he has been treating me I always walk out of his office feeling like I've been heard and understood.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr Francis is very knowledgeable and I trust him. However, he is very busy. If you have to have a doctor you can call and ask questions of at any time, he is not the one for you. He also is constantly running behind on appointments, so expect to sit a while in the waiting room. But there's a good reason for this: he hates to rush a session. He wants to know how you're REALLY doing before he changes your meds. Very different from some psychiatrists. Could make it worth the wait. It does for me.
in Waynesville, MO |
I have been seeing Dr. Francis for years now and he has been a life saver for me. Always very kind and concerned about my well being. People post if they have a bad experience or if they don't get the drugs they are seeking. So take bad comments into consideration.
in Blue Springs |
Expect 1 hour + wait times to see Dr. Francis. On top of that his staff is rude young girls that have no idea how to run the office. Dr. Franicis Seems to be in this for the money not to help treat his patients
Have you seen Dr. John Francis, DO?
Are you Dr. Francis?