Dr. John Francis, DO

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Francis

Kansas City Psych Services

4731 S Cochise Dr Ste 206 Independence, MO 64055

Dr. John Francis, DO is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Independence, MO and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Kansas City Univ Of Medicine Bioscience College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2000 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.

Dr. Francis accepts

Dr. Francis accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Francis' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

2.6

Dr. Francis?
Dr. Francis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Francis, DO
John Francis is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met in my entire life. I'm surprised he's still practicing. I was a patient for years and never fully felt taken seriously. He treats his staff like sh*t and talks badly about his patients. He literally will waste your time. If you choose to make an appointment with him, make sure you bring something to read, because you'll be waiting a MINIMUM of an hour.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Dr Francis and staff always treat their clients respectfully and are quite friendly to deal with both in the office and during counseling sessions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Dr. Francis is a HORRIBLE psychiatrist! I was sent to him after being discharged from committing myself for having severe suicidal thoughts with a plan. At my appointment he had a student/intern/resident with him during my appointment in which I didn't mind. He (Dr. Francis) asked me at least 6 times if I was still having suicidal thoughts, to which my response was yes. Not sure if he thought my answer would change if kept asking. He replied with a smirk on his face, "You scare me, you're really
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Yes The wait time is long but very well worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Long wait times, explanation of financial part is limited, and the dr and staff are not that understanding or clear about patients care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Obviously the wait is a problem (expect to wait at least an hour or more) but the office staff and management are who really make this place terrible as they are incredibly rude and unprofessional. Phone calls are never returned. They have no problem taking your money but make it near impossible to speak with STACY (billing personnel). Pay attention to claims sent to your insurance.. All about money and prescribing an unnecessary amount of medications!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
I would highly recommend Dr. John Francis to those seeking. Not only is he easy to talk to, he's also prompt, professional, and takes the time to listen- something I find rare in a doctor today! The office is clean and the staff is extremely personable... I immediately felt welcomed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
My son has seen him for several years. He listens to him and me as well. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
The staff at the doctor's office is incredibly terrible. They do not follow through and tell you things that are not true to get you off of the phone as quickly as possible. You also always have to wait for ever for appointments with the Doctor. Getting prior authorizations taken care of are a joke and it seems like the staff does everything they can to make it more difficult. Very frustrating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
DR FRANCIS HIMSELF IS GREAT, MY SON HAS BEEN SEEING HIM FOR 10 YEARS NOW. HOWEVER WHEN APPLYING FOR AN ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR HIS $300 PRESCRIPTION THE STAFF HAS GAVE ME A RUN AROUND FOR TWO MONTHS WITH NO RESOLVE YET. THE ONLY LINE THAT WILL BE ANSWERED WHEN YOU CALL THE OFFICE NUMBER IS TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AND NO ONE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE. WHEN I DID SPEAK WITH DR FRANCIS NURSE SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND TOLD ME IF I COULDN'T WAIT THEN TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. PEACE OUT!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
I really need help and he refused to treat me after only 2 weeks. I guess there is a correct way of being mentally ill and I am not doing it right.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
This is a Doctor that cares and listens and is not just a pill writer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
I went to see thus quack because I wanted to taper off valium. He said he was the doctor for me. Then we talked 15 to 20 minutes and he said I didn't want to taper off the Valium and told me to see someone else. When I asked why he thought that, he couldn't give me any reasoning whatsoever. Very rude and unprofessional at the end of our session. But if he doesn't want my insurance money that's his loss I guess. I definitely understand why they are called quacks now cause this dude is pathetic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Dr. John Francis was a lot of talk but no action when it came down to it. I became very ill by the meds he had prescribed me (after he put me on 5 new things at once) and I was unable to drive or to work because i was so out of it and dizzy. I had trouble walking and talking and would not remember what I had done the moment before. He got me in and tweaked my meds. I started a new week and had a terrible and similar reaction to the new med as I had to the old ones.His office refuse call me back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Dr. Francis is a very good listener. At first I thought he was preoccupied with paperwork and not understanding or listening to my concerns. After more than 2 years as his patient I found that he has made it a priority to understand and treat my specific needs. I don't mind the wait time as I feel his time with me is well worth the wait. His staff has improved recently. -CW
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
My son and I waited over 45 min to be seen by Dr Francis. Once we did meet with the Dr. he was very rude and sarcastic to myself and my 16 year old son. If you're not interested in various medicines, this Dr. has no interest in helping you. He could not have appeared less interested in talking with my son. In fact, seemed bored. I will not recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
I've had a couple of bad experiences with 5-minute psychiatrists and went to see Dr. Francis based on a referral from a friend of a friend. He spends time getting information from you, is honest with feedback, and makes sure any meds he prescribes, work out for you. He started me on a very common med, but I had a really bad reaction. He returned my call the same day, saw me the next day, and tried a different approach and it worked great for me. He actually 'hears' you, so it's worth the wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Dr. Francis is an amazing doctor. It's true you might wait for a while in the waiting room for your appointment, but that's because Dr Francis doesn't rush his appointment with you. He is very thorough, and makes sure he understands everything you are going through so he know how best to treat you. I will never go anywhere else! This man is a genius, and in the two years he has been treating me I always walk out of his office feeling like I've been heard and understood.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
Dr Francis is very knowledgeable and I trust him. However, he is very busy. If you have to have a doctor you can call and ask questions of at any time, he is not the one for you. He also is constantly running behind on appointments, so expect to sit a while in the waiting room. But there's a good reason for this: he hates to rush a session. He wants to know how you're REALLY doing before he changes your meds. Very different from some psychiatrists. Could make it worth the wait. It does for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Francis, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. Francis for years now and he has been a life saver for me. Always very kind and concerned about my well being. People post if they have a bad experience or if they don't get the drugs they are seeking. So take bad comments into consideration.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Francis?