Dr. John Fleming, MD

Dr. John Fleming, MD

Psychiatry | Male

John L Fleming MD 3225 International Cir Ste 100 Colorado Springs, CO 80910 Get Directions

When mental illness does not respond rapidly to treatment, the situation often becomes extremely painful and may become resistant to treatment. Much time an effort on the part of the patient and the family may fail to yield progress.

My philosophy is to conduct a careful review of your condition, past efforts to provide effective treatment and to offer options that can be consider which may lead to effective treatment. The recommendations  and options available will be presented to you as only you can make the decision about which path you want to follow to take you to recovery.

I strive to offer respectful, considerate and compassionate care along with the latest information about useful and helpful treatment strategies.

I am a Board Certified Psychiatrist with extensive experience in treatment utilizing psychotherapy and biological treatments including both medications and non-medication approaches.

My professional experience includes having served on the faculty of several medical schools, been a medical director of three psychiatric hospitals, conducted drug research to help discover what may be helpful to patients, having served as a consultant to a number of pharmaceutical companies, and having been chosen to introduce US medications to the European Union, Middle East and Africa as well as having provided training to other psychiatrists in 37 of the states of the USA for a number of antidepressants, atypical antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and vitamins.

I am pleased to have been recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as a Distinguished Life Fellow of that organization for my contributions to the field of psychiatry.

In addition to my private practice, I serve as Medical Director of the Southern Colorado TMS Center, LLC and am affiliated with Neuragain to provide ketamine treatments.

Additional information about my practice is available on my web site at drfleming.info

Dr. Fleming's Experience

See how Dr. Fleming's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fleming

Dr. Fleming's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fleming to family and friends
    3.9
    Dr. Fleming Says:

I strongly believe that helping people depends on a good relationship. I value feedback, both positive and negative. Please contact me or my staff if you have any concerns. We will do our best to address such matters.

Dr. Fleming's Performance
    Castle Rock, CO |
    Please find another doctor any other doctor! Dr F's office is unprofessional, refused to help with insurance reimbursement His billing is so bad, I had to contact Dr F, himself and get him to do a bill which was incorrect, it's been an uphill battle for almost TWO months! He's still not helpingA very bad experience! His office told me my treatment would not be covered by my insurance and would not do a pre-authorization. My Treatment WAS covered! Much more wrong - no more space to write!
    in Palmer Lake, CO |
    Dr. Fleming reminds me of a dictionary-you can ask him about any drug treatment for your condition and he knows the medications, their uses, all that goes wrong with a drug but most importantly, he can, >90% of the time, come up with treatments. He is easy to talk to and very kind as well.
    Have you seen Dr. John Fleming, MD?
    Are you Dr. Fleming?

Dr. Fleming's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fleming says...

I have been a psychiatrist for nearly 40 years. Having been trained in conducting psychotherapy, this is still an interest and a treatment option that I offer my patients. Over the last 20 years, I have specialized in treating medication resistant depressions, PTSD, OCD, and anxiety as well as a variety of other psychiatric problems. Please see the section on procedures below.

Dr. Fleming says...

When medications do not help, or cause side effects, what are the options?

We start with laboratory studies of hormone levels, vitamin levels and other issues such as the presence of sleep apnea that may make it harder for medications to work.

Then there are then a number of paths we offer:

1. Medication Selection Based on Doctor Experience:  based on extensive study of how medications work for individuals and what side effects they can cause, I can suggest a course of treatment that will be more effective than what has been tried before.
    2. We can conduct DNA Genetic Testing to discover which drugs may work and eliminate some that are unlikely to work.
    3. We can use EEG Biomarker Testing to compare your brain waves to a standard data base of other peoples' responses to medications to select a combination right for you.
    4. We can offer TMS to treat mood and anxiety without using medicine, avoiding side effects.
    5. We offer Ketamine Infusion treatment of major illnesses for very rapid improvement.

Dr. Fleming says...

Dr. Fleming's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
    •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Fleming has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fleming's Board Certifications

University Of Colorado Health Science Center

Completed in 1979

Yale College

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Fleming does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fleming and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Counseling Services
    • Infusion Therapy
    • Medication Management
    • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)