Dr. John L. Fleming, MD

Dr. John L. Fleming, MD

Psychiatry | Male

John L Fleming MD 3225 International Cir Ste 100, Colorado Springs, CO 80910 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I am a Board Certified Psychiatrist with extensive experience in treatment utilizing psychotherapy and biological treatments including both medications and...

Dr. Fleming's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Fleming's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fleming

Reviewing Dr. Fleming

Dr. Fleming's Review Details
4.3 based on 6 responses
Experience with Dr. Fleming
Dr. Fleming's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (5)
Dr. Fleming says

I strongly believe that helping people depends on a good relationship. I value feedback, both positive and negative. Please contact me or my staff if you have any concerns. We will do our best to address such matters.

Have you seen Dr. Fleming?

• Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. Fleming's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

Dr. Fleming says..

I have been a psychiatrist for nearly 40 years. Having been trained in conducting psychotherapy, this is still an interest and a treatment option that I offer my patients. Over the last 20 years, I have specialized in treating medication resistant depressions, PTSD, OCD, and anxiety as well as a variety of other psychiatric problems. Please see the section on procedures below.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Mood Disorders
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Fleming says..

When medications do not help, or cause side effects, what are the options?

We start with laboratory studies of hormone levels, vitamin levels and other issues such as the presence of sleep apnea that may make it harder for medications to work.

Then there are then a number of paths we offer:

1. Medication Selection Based on Doctor Experience:  based on extensive study of how medications work for individuals and what side effects they can cause, I can suggest a course of treatment that will be more effective than what has been tried before.
  2. We can conduct DNA Genetic Testing to discover which drugs may work and eliminate some that are unlikely to work.
  3. We can use EEG Biomarker Testing to compare your brain waves to a standard data base of other peoples' responses to medications to select a combination right for you.
  4. We can offer TMS to treat mood and anxiety without using medicine, avoiding side effects.
  5. We offer Ketamine Infusion treatment of major illnesses for very rapid improvement.
This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Counseling Services
  • Infusion Therapy
  • Medication Management
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

University of Colorado At Denver

Graduated in 1975

University of Colorado Health Science Center

Completed in 1975

University of Colorado Health Science Center

Completed in 1979

Yale College

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Fleming has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Fleming does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fleming and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Fleming's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Fleming

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Fleming's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Fleming

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Fleming says...

I am a Board Certified Psychiatrist with extensive experience in treatment utilizing psychotherapy and biological treatments including both medications and non-medication approaches.

My professional experience includes having served on the faculty of several medical schools, been a medical director of three psychiatric hospitals, conducted drug research to help discover what may be helpful to patients, having served as a consultant to a number of pharmaceutical companies, and having been chosen to introduce US medications to the European Union, Middle East and Africa as well as having provided training to other psychiatrists in 37 of the states of the USA for a number of antidepressants, atypical antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and vitamins.

I am pleased to have been recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as a Distinguished Life Fellow of that organization for my contributions to the field of psychiatry.

In addition to my private practice, I serve as Medical Director of the Southern Colorado TMS Center, LLC and am affiliated with Neuragain to provide ketamine treatments.

Additional information about my practice is available on my web site at drfleming.info

Dr. Fleming's Care Philosophy

When mental illness does not respond rapidly to treatment, the situation often becomes extremely painful and may become resistant to treatment. Much time an effort on the part of the patient and the family may fail to yield progress.

My philosophy is to conduct a careful review of your condition, past efforts to provide effective treatment and to offer options that can be consider which may lead to effective treatment. The recommendations  and options available will be presented to you as only you can make the decision about which path you want to follow to take you to recovery.

I strive to offer respectful, considerate and compassionate care along with the latest information about useful and helpful treatment strategies.

Dr. Fleming says...

When medications do not help, or cause side effects, what are the options?

Then there are then a number of paths we offer: