Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD

Colorectal Surgery ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Flannery Jr

Southern New Hampshire Health

8 Prospect St Nashua, NH 03060

Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Nashua, NH and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts Medical School in 1998 and specializes in colorectal surgery, general surgery, and more.

Dr. Flannery Jr accepts

• Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Diverticular Diseases
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pilonidal Cyst
  • Polyps
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Pruritus Ani
  • Rectal Prolapse
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Patient satisfaction is one of my highest priorities.  Along with my dedicated staff, I persistently seek to offer the highest quality patient care experience.  I conduct my appointments with the personalized care and attention that I would...

• Colorectal Surgery

Dr. Flannery Jr?
Dr. Flannery Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Flannery did an outstanding job on my colo rectal surgery, has a positive attitude regarding success, great bedside manner and follow up. A good caring physician. I highly recommend him. Both my wife and I were genuinely impressed with him and his entire staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
I would recommend Dr Flannery to anyone who needs a compassionate, competent and highly skilled surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr. Flannery saved my life. Nothing less. He is thorough, knowledgeable, and extraordinary dedicated to providing his patients with the best possible care and outcome. Respect. Peter Thorne. February 20 2019.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
The best in the state for colon/rectal surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Flannery. I had multiple attacks of Diverticulitis and was hesitant in having an operation. Well, 10 weeks later and I couldn't be happier. He was fantastic. The surgery went exactly as he explained. The more I get to know him the more confident I am in him..very professional and knowledgeable..your in good hands with Dr Flannery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
After suffering with diverticulitis for almost 10 years I decided to consult with a surgeon. I am so thankful for Dr Flannery and his staff. I had surgery July 17,2018 and I have never felt better. I high recommend Dr Flannery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Aftet s eing multiple doctors who all said my only option for pain relief was a Hemorrhoidectomy I sought the option of Dr. Flannery. He resolved my embarrassing condition in two 10 minute office visits! Dr Flannery saved me from a seriously invasive procedure. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
If anyone I know ever needs colorectal surgery, I will send them straight to Dr. Flannery. I am originally from the Boston area and considered seeing a surgeon in the city. After meeting Dr. Flannery, my husband and I felt very confident in his knowledge and skills. He explained the surgery in detail, answered all my questions and concerns. I felt no need to follow up with another opinion. I had 10" of my sigmoid colon removed. I felt Dr. Flannery was very compassionate, attentive and conf
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Explains everything in detail. Would highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
I had a colon resection, Dr. Flannery was excellent. Surgery was done laparoscopically, no colostomy. Very happy with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
If you are reading this review, then you are in a sensitive state about a sensitive manner. Something private. A subject that a lot of us know, but do not like to discuss. But I recently turned 50 and a colonoscopy screening was at the top of my list. To my surprise an issue was found and I was referred to Dr. Flannery's care. That recommendation was one of the best I have ever received. Upon meeting Dr. Flannery he a is a very warm and caring individual and has empathy like no other doctor I ha
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr Flannery is a wonderful doctor! I have seen him in a few occasions and each time he was able to immediately diagnose my issue . He performed my first colonoscopy. He is VERY knowledgeable and listens to questions & concerns. I have never felt rushed during any of my office visits. I highly recommend him!
Hello Katie, thank you; we appreciate your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Very competent manner. Took away any concern related to any lack of explanation or understanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
In April, I had my first appt with Dr. Flannery. I am a Chron's patient who developed a fistula that required surgery. All points of visit/surgery/aftercare were top notch. I knew what was going on and what to expect at all times. Recuperation went without a hitch and everything turned out well. I know that my condition will probably require future surgeries and I have no problem having Dr Flannery as my surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr. Flannery most likely saved my life when I was diagnosed with diverticulosis last October. Since I had serious intestinal infection, he had to do everything necessary to stop that process and set me up for healing. Having done an excellent surgical job (twice), I am now on my way to being healthier than I have been for a long time. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone with intestinal problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr Flannery was great to work with in a rough time for me. He and his staff were highly professional and was a pleasure working with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
He is an excellent doctor, very caring and informative. I had complete faith in his abilities. Everything turned out great and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a colon/rectal doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr. Flannery is the best colon/rectal surgeon in Southern New Hampshire. No more traveling to Boston for me. Because of Dr. Flannery he has made Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, NH #1.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr. Flannery was recommended by my family doctor and I have to thank my doctor for that. I needed an opoeration (Colectomy) to remove part of the colon. Dr, Flannery explained the entire procedure prior to the operation and the opperation was a success. I highly recommend Dr. Flannery without any reservation. His expertise and knowledge in this area is the best. I might add that post-op visits were timely and that recommendations made for my recovery were easily understood.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Dr. Flannery is competent, confident, caring, and thoroughly listens to the patient. He performed lower colon surgery to remove a cancerous mass in a difficult position and got it all removed such that cancer treatments were not necessary. His staff is outstanding making office visits or phone communications easy. He is an excellent doctor and caring person that I recommend to anyone.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Flannery Jr?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Flannery Jr treats patients.