Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD
John V. Flannery, Jr., MD, FACS, FASCRS earned his MD at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. His general surgery residency was completed at the University of North Carolina, including a final year as Chief Resident in Surgery. While a surgical resident, Dr. Flannery was awarded a prestigious Resident Research Scholarship from the American College of Surgeons and spent two years as a Research Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital. His research has been published and presented both nationally and internationally. Dr. Flannery acquired additional specialty training during a fellowship in colorectal surgery at Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Hospital. He spent six years in practice in Atlanta before joining Colon & Rectal Surgery of New England. Dr. Flannery is double board certified in Colorectal Surgery and General Surgery. He has been elected as fellow in both the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons

Colon & Rectal Surgery of New England

8 Prospect St

• AARP
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Fallon Community Health Plan
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Flannery Jr

Patient satisfaction is one of my highest priorities.  Along with my dedicated staff, I persistently seek to offer the highest quality patient care experience.  I conduct my appointments with the personalized care and attention that I would expect for my own family.  I take the time to carefully listen to my patient's symptoms and concerns and then recommend the best treatment options for their condition.  Most importantly, I am considerate to always include my patient's individual needs in the decision making process.  In addition, I not only treat the clinical issue at hand, but counsel patients on ways to lead a healthier lifestyle.

Dr. Flannery Jr's Experience

Dr. Flannery Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Sphincterotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

• University Of Massachusetts, Amherst
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Flannery Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Flannery Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flannery Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Flannery Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flannery Jr to family and friends
Dr. Flannery Jr's Performance
in Biddeford, Maine |
Very competent manner. Took away any concern related to any lack of explanation or understanding.
in Nashua, NH |
In April, I had my first appt with Dr. Flannery. I am a Chron's patient who developed a fistula that required surgery. All points of visit/surgery/aftercare were top notch. I knew what was going on and what to expect at all times. Recuperation went without a hitch and everything turned out well. I know that my condition will probably require future surgeries and I have no problem having Dr Flannery as my surgeon.
in Alton, NH |
Dr. Flannery most likely saved my life when I was diagnosed with diverticulosis last October. Since I had serious intestinal infection, he had to do everything necessary to stop that process and set me up for healing. Having done an excellent surgical job (twice), I am now on my way to being healthier than I have been for a long time. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone with intestinal problems.
in Merrimack, NH |
Dr Flannery was great to work with in a rough time for me. He and his staff were highly professional and was a pleasure working with him.
in Hudson, NH |
He is an excellent doctor, very caring and informative. I had complete faith in his abilities. Everything turned out great and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a colon/rectal doctor.
in Londonderry, NH |
Dr. Flannery is the best colon/rectal surgeon in Southern New Hampshire. No more traveling to Boston for me. Because of Dr. Flannery he has made Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, NH #1.
in Nashua, NH |
Dr. Flannery was recommended by my family doctor and I have to thank my doctor for that. I needed an opoeration (Colectomy) to remove part of the colon. Dr, Flannery explained the entire procedure prior to the operation and the opperation was a success. I highly recommend Dr. Flannery without any reservation. His expertise and knowledge in this area is the best. I might add that post-op visits were timely and that recommendations made for my recovery were easily understood.
in Nashua, NH |
Dr. Flannery is competent, confident, caring, and thoroughly listens to the patient. He performed lower colon surgery to remove a cancerous mass in a difficult position and got it all removed such that cancer treatments were not necessary. His staff is outstanding making office visits or phone communications easy. He is an excellent doctor and caring person that I recommend to anyone.
in Hudson, NH |
Would recommend in a heartbeat - Wonderful caring Surgeon- great bedside manner truly cares about patients and there families. Staff was exceptional all around a very good experience if you could call Surgery that. We thank you for all you did for my family.
in Nashua, NH |
Dr. Flannery is a gifted surgeon. He is confident and has a calming demeanor. His nurse Jill is fabulous too! I am thankful on a daily basis that he was the one to perform my surgery and I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.
in Hampton, NH |
Dr Flannery was recommended to me by another surgeon. I was very lucky to have him and his staff for my surgery. It was painless! Great people. Thank you.
in Newbury NH |
Extremely knowledgeable, informative and comforting. Presented facts, positive and negative regarding outcome of surgery. Felt I was in the best hands. Attentive and updating during all hospital and office visits. Nice guy and Dr. Great personality.
in Hudson, NH |
Dr Flannery took the time to listen to my concerns about my disease (and fears about surgery). In the end everything went as he said it would and I couldn't be happier. His office staff is excellent as well.
Litchfield, NH |
Excellent doctor - very thorough, knowledgeable, and skilled. He addressed all our of questions and concerns and always encouraged us to contact him if we had further questions.
in Chester, NH |
So glad I found Dr Flannery! I needed surgery for Crohn's and his staff got me an appointment two days after I called them as a new patient. Dr Flannery listened to all my concerns and together we developed a plan for my surgery. I had had two surgeries of this type before, which makes a third more complicated. However, Dr Flannery was able to perform my surgery laparoscopically and it only took him less than two hours! I was home four days later and now I'm back to work and feel great!
in Merrimack, NH |
after meeting Dr. Flannery he explained in detail what was happening to me and his hope of a positive outcome. I felt he was on top of every aspect of what needed to be done. This gave me so much confidence in him to rectify my diverticulitis and get my life back to normal. I cannot express my appreciation enough for him and his staff. My life has returned
in Nashua, NH |
Dr Flannery took care of every facet of my care -- finding the best way to treat my rectal cancer. He had a group of doctors who meet once a month to discuss unusual surgeries. They were not scheduled in January but he contacted them and they met and planned the best possible way to perform my surgery. He suggested I have help to have my urinary area kept away from the operation on my colon. No locals were available and he had Lahey Clinic's personnel scheduled for my operation. 81 yrs old
Amherst, NH |
His knowledge -his experience has helped me when other doctors have been lacking. I am thankful that at 76 yrs of age -I have a DR who really cares about me.
in Nashua, NH |
After 5 attacks of diverticulitis Dr. Flannery took out a portion of my colon laparoscopically. I went home in 3 days and was back at work in 2 weeks.
in Hudson, NH |
He made me feel comfortable even when I felt embarrassed. All my questions were answered. Very professional.
in North Andover, MA |
Dr Flannery and his staff were awesome! I would recommend Dr Flannery to anyone that needs his expertise!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Flannery Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Flannery Jr?