Dr. John Fernandes, MD

Dr. John Fernandes, MD

CardiologyMaleAge 62

Dr. John Fernandes, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in West Orange, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Saint Barnabas Medical Center and NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fernandes to book an appointment.

John Fernandes, M.D. FACC (West Orange)

John Fernandes M.d Facc LLC101 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 405 West Orange, NJ 07052

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Fernandes is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for cardiology.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Fernandes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fernandes

3.8

Dr. Fernandes

My wife was referred to Dr Fernandez by her OBGYN. We made an appointment and during that appointment the doctor was unable to obtain any clear ultrasounds of the baby's heart. We left the appointment without any results or answers and were still charged full price for the visit when I feel like he should have paid us for wasting our time. I would not recommend going to doctor Fernandez for any reason. Doesn't seem right to be charged for a service we didn't receive.
Jun 22, 2021
Sad that a family given high professionalism and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
While Dr. Fernando is brilliant, I question why he works with a patient population of children and parents. He has no ability to relate to either group, so it seems. My baby was scared and distressed at our last visit, and the office staff seemed more concerned that I would infect them with Covid and that I needed to hand over my credit card for the copay. No one gave me any help or an opportunity to calm my baby down. Instead the appointment was rushed, I have no idea what was said because they all just talked over her screaming like it didn't matter to them she was upset. Their only solution is a "give the baby a bottle". Sorry,but that does not calm a scared child. When the testing ended (what they did anyway. I'm not even sure they got an accurate test), no one spoke to me, saw me out, wished us a nice day. They left a card with the next appt date on a desk and didn't even look at us. I was mortified and felt like they had no compassion for this first time mom & baby.
Jun 11, 2021
This post has no proper name, so it is not...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Felt very safe and well taken care of during my recent visit for the Fetal Echo ,my MFM specialist at St Barnabas NJPA sent me here for.I had to wait for a short while in my car till they called me up,while they were cleaning up from the procedure before mine,and once in the office things moved efficiently and smoothly so there were no delays. The staff wore masks,and were constantly sanitizing ,and once I was set up,Dr Fernandes came in and actually did the full procedure himself, and then showed me the image clips and explained everything so well.I must say I was overall very impressed with my visit,and in this time of the Covid worries,am very thankful that we have access to good Doctors .
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Awesome care from Dr Fernandes and his office staff,during this trying year with the pandemic.Our baby had a complex heart defect,and Dr Fernandes diagnosed it early,and helped our family plan the next steps,delivery at CHOP,and made sure the team was aware of a rare variation he had seen,and sure enough that was something so important, and all went so well!Very happy to see that he was chosen as one of the two of the very many pediatric cardiologists in NJ to be recognized in the NJ magazine and NJ Family magazines for giving over and above in his care to all his patients and families during this scary year.
CG – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
While there is nothing bad to say about Dr. Fernandes' expertise as a pediatric cardiologist, the lack customer service and patient care is reason enough to seek a different specialist. There is a pattern of billing mismanagement, which ends up penalizing the patients. We got notified almost 2 years after our son's visit that we are being sued due to an unpaid bill from 2018. We have no record of the bill. The office staff is rude. Dr. Fernandes has no bedside manner, and you will get no answers to any of your questions. I don't think he ever looked at me directly whenever I asked him a question about my son's diagnosis. He will just cut you off even before you can finish asking the question. our opinion is corroborated by multiple reviews all saying the same thing about billing mismanagement and rude staff, it is worth being very cautious in choosing to do business with him.
  • Appointment was rushed
Matthew Alcalde – Aug 15, 2020
The only ones who finally get to a Debt collector...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Horrible and unprofessional treatment from the doctor and staff. The dr was uninformative and unhelpful. He refused to answer my medical questions or provide a consultation. The dr didn’t leave the room to let me cleanup and get dressed because he was cleaning his ultrasound machine. This is a major invasion and lack of respect of privacy.
M. A. – Aug 09, 2020
The Office has been overly cautious with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
I’ve been taking my daughter to Dr Fernandes since she was a fetus, 7 years ago! He is always kind, compassionate & direct with his care. His office is easy to communicate with and ALWAYS runs ontime. As a physician myself I understand what an amazing feat that is. I highly recomnendDr Fernandes.
J Epperlein – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
We came here after few opinions about our baby's heart diagnosis , and were at the Childrens hospitals in NY and Philadelphia.We asked the specialists there who they would advise for care closer to our home, and they each spoke highly of Dr Fernandes. The other doc in Livingston seemed nice, but quite a bit of show and tell. When we met Dr Fernandes, we knew who we could trust to look out for our best interests.Keeping our hopes and prayers up that all will go well.
L Diaz in NJ – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Dr Fernandes has been a very cautious and thorough Childrens Cardiologist, and an amazing resource and help to our family for these past years, and has been there for us in NJ, and with us while at procedures at Columbia/ Childrens Hospital.The whole team in NY really respect his expertise and opinion, so we feel very safe and in good hands.
J Egan in W Orange – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
I did not have a good experience in this office. The front desk staff are rude and apparently the practice cares more about your insurance than it does about their patients. I was switching insurance and they REFUSED to give my 2 children appointments until I had proof of insurance. They told me call back once I had id numbers and then I could make an appointment. You would think a PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGIST would put their patients first but apparently not. Disgusting!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Fed up mother in NJ – Feb 27, 2019
There is a reason Insurance data is required for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
While taking my son to an office visit with his pediatrician, she listened to his heart and recommended he see a pediatric cardiologist for a heart murmur. Dr Fernandes actually diagnosed my son with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome(WPW). He monitored my son until he was old enough to get surgery known as catheter ablation. While having the ablation done the doctors discovered he had two dangerous pathways. The WPW has not returned since 2011. My sons is still under Dr Fernandes care. Thank You Dr
Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Dr. Fernandez is the best at what he does! He saved our baby’s life!! He takes his time with my our daughter at each visit and is very patient with all of my questions. His office staff is great too!
Lindsey in Clark, NJ – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Dr Fernandes saved our baby from needing heart surgery--one of the other cardiologists in NJ wanted to set up to close his PDA, then we went to Dr Fernandes, who advised start medication and wait a few months and see what happens--we were really fortunate that we did that, as the tube suddenly became smaller in 3 months, and now is just tiny and doesnt need anything done, and he is off all medicine.
Pliu in Livingston, NJ – Oct 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Truly one of the best in the field!!
J Martis in Livingston, NJ – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Fernandes since she was in the womb. As a parent of a child who was diagnosed with a heart defect while pregnant and later had to have open heart surgery, it can be a scary and daunting experience. Dr. Fernandes has guided my family and I through the entire experience. He genuinely cares about his patients. My daughter, now five, continues to be monitored by Dr. Fernandes and I would not have it any other way. I completely trust his opinion and expertise.
Ny in Bloomfield, NJ – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Dr. Fernandes is an excellent Cardiologist. He has been monitoring my son since I was 38 weeks pregnant. As any parent can imagine, hearing your son has an issue with his heart is a terrifying experience, however Dr. Fernandes' continued compassion and professionalism has been a tremendous help in dealing with the emotional stress that comes with such diagnosis. I highly recommend Dr. Fernandes. His staff is wonderful as well! Ms. Jackie always makes us feel welcomed and at ease upon arrival.
Kristin Garnett – Feb 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?
Dr. Fernandes has been my 13yr old son's cardiologist since he was a newborn. A year ago he detected a potentially life threatening new heart condition my son developed completely unrelated to why we were seeing him. He treated him immediately and I believe saved his life. I couldn't put into words how highly I recommend Dr. Fernandes.
Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Fernandes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fernandes?

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Fernandes' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Fernandes' Top Procedures and Conditions

Pharmacologic Stress Test, Adenosine

Dr. Fernandes performs Pharmacologic Stress Test, Adenosine more than 80% of his peers

Nuclear Stress Testing

Dr. Fernandes performs Nuclear Stress Testing more than 80% of his peers

Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test

Dr. Fernandes performs Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Fernandes' conditions and procedures:

• Fetal Echocardiography
  • Heart Disease
  • HeartAware Online Risk Screening
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

Dr. Fernandes accepts

Dr. Fernandes accepts the following insurance:

Select
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
MagnaCare
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid