Dr. John Feng, MD

Dr. John Feng, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. John Feng, MD is a general surgery specialist in Redwood City, CA and has been practicing for 16 years. He specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

Palo Alto Medical Foundation

805 Veterans Blvd Ste 201

Redwood City, CA 94063

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Feng

See how frequently Dr. Feng performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Feng's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Feng "I strive to provide high-quality surgical care to my patients in a personal, compassionate manner. I engage my patients in discussions about their care and provide an opportunity for them to share in the decision-making process. I believe that rather than just telling my patients what to do, it is important to provide informed options so that they can choose what fits best with their personal values - to the extent that it is safe and reasonable to do so. I really enjoy just about all of the interactions I have with patients. I like explaining what is going on and helping them understand their general surgical issues. I enjoy answering questions from my patients because I believe that the more patients understand, the better able they are to care for themselves. Most of all, I enjoy working together with my patients as a partner in their surgical care. For my weight loss surgery patients, I put great effort in providing comprehensive and expert care with long-term follow-up in the surgical treatment of obesity with options including adjustable gastric banding, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass using minimally invasive or laparoscopic techiniques."

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Robotic Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University
  • Ucsf Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

• Center of Excellence Surgeon, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, 2003

Dr. Feng has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
  • Mandarin

Dr. Feng does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Feng and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Feng's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Feng to family and friends