Dr. John Fairbanks Jr, MD

Dr. John Fairbanks Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. John Fairbanks Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Vidalia, LA. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

107 Front St Ste 2134

Vidalia, LA 71373

• Ambetter

Learn about Dr. Fairbanks Jr

See how frequently Dr. Fairbanks Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain
Internal Derangement of Knee

Dr. Fairbanks Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1983

Dr. Fairbanks Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fairbanks Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fairbanks Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fairbanks Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fairbanks Jr to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Fairbanks Jr' Performance
    GOOD
Natchez, MS |
This man is ridiculous! The patient is made to feel like they are idiots who either cannot interpret their own pain and symptoms or someone who is wasting his precious time. He yells constantly. Is very rude and offensive. God forbid if you have Medicaid! You are automatically treated as a waste of time. Bottom line, if you want a competent professional MD who is interested in helping his patients recover, LOOK FURTHER!! This man is a poor excuse for a M.D.
in Alexandria |
He over prescribes meds, ups dosage every visit, gives Methadone freely. He will have you walking around like zombie. Patients are like cattle, herding them in one after another. If you fail drug screen, he still prescribes, if you run out he ups the dosage. His office? has turned into a haven for junkies. Withdrawal symptoms will almost kill you. Only go to him if you have a death wish or your a junkie
in Lake Providence, LA |
After first visit I trust him to treat the problem with my knee. I will continue to seek his treatment. His staff is professional, efficient and kind. I would recommend him to others who may need his care.
WORST DR EXP EVER! AVOID This guy had no interest in hearing my subjective experience. He took an X-ray of my neck, and TOLD ME what I was feeling. I've been twice dx with a failed laminectomy. I had an MRI that showed disc issues at the two levels above my fusion with addt'l bone spurring. But this guy... The absolute worst doctor experience I have ever had. Constantly interrupted me. He said the MRI had been misread! Thats from the report, not the image. Got a PT referral at least! Jesus!
in Louisiana |
I saw Dr Fairbanks for the first time 2 months ago..he was nice the first visit..although he didn't listen to what I had to tell him about my pain..he don't want to hear nothing you have to say.and his staff are the rudest people I've ever had to deal with.they put words in your mouth that you never said and I said something to the mean lil receptionist.next thing ya know I got a paper in the mail saying they don't think they can treat my ongoing pain in the future.but I wasn't going back anyway
Baton Rouge, LA |
Awful awful awful. Would never recommend to anyone
Vidalia , La |
He has to be the rudest person i have ever met. He keeps calling me fat . He left the door open while i was sitting there with a sheet on my lap and screamed at me where every person in his office could hear him telling me I'm 100 pounds over weight. He cut my medicine off because i didn't make it to physical therapy because i was at my mother's side while she was on a ventilator fighting for her life for three weeks. He is a complete idiot . I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Absolutely Impossible. This doctor and his staff are the Ruddiest and Most hideous people I have ever had to deal with in my life. It took 5 months to get an appointment. My PCP recommended a(Doctors referral) to Dr. Fairbanks after she failed for a year and half to solve my problem of extreme pain in my legs and feet. Dr. Fairbanks office is in Vidalia la. which is over a 2 hour drive from East Baton, la. where I live. When I arrived at Dr. Fairbanks office, I immediately felt the negative
Natchitoches, LA |
Rude! Disrespectful! Worst dr I have ever seen. Hollers at you if you don't answer his questions quick enough then cuts you off. Does not answer your questions. If you have medicaid, use tobacco, are overweight...he treats you like trash.
Winnfield, LA |
Very rude and arrogant. Will not look you in the face, keeps eyes closed. Prescribed me meds that I did not need and ran tests that were not needed. I will not be going back to this doctor nor recommend him to anyone. The few times I was able to speak he cut me off and did not care about any of my medical history.
North, LA |
This doctor is very, very rude! Unable to ask questions... keeps interrupting when I try to. Very arrogant & not helpful at all! I would never recommend this doctor to anyone! He is the absolute worst!!!!
in Leesville, LA |
Dr.fairbanks is a caring doctor with a great sense of humor and bed side manner. He is helping me with my neck injury.hes awesome.....jennifer carter simpson,la
Atlanta, GA |
This was the rudest most inconsiderate Doctor I have ever been to. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. John Fairbanks Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Fairbanks Jr?

Visit Dr. Fairbanks Jr