Dr. John Elliott, MD

Dr. John Elliott, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. John Elliott, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Englewood, CO and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Sky Ridge Medical Center and North Suburban Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Colorado Brain and Spine Institute

Colorado Brain and Spine Institute3501 South Clarkson St Englewood, CO 80113

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Swedish Medical Center Englewood, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Neurosurgery Specialists at The Medical Center of Aurora

Dr. Elliott's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Elliott

Dr. Elliott performed surgery on me in 2008 at Swedish Hospital in Denver, Colorado. He is exceptional and I had amazing care from him and the staff. I highly recommend!
Marianna Cutter – Sep 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
I love Dr. Elliott, however his receptionists act like I'm imposing on them when I call (this goes back a few years as well.)Recently, I spoke to a receptionist and waited a few days to hear back about an appointment date and necessary imaging before I could schedule. I had to call back. It's so frustrating.
Lauren Charbonneau – Sep 13, 2022
Excellent neurosurgeon!
Dr. Elliot performed spinal decompression surgery at several of my lumbar spinal levels six weeks ago, and the entire process from initial assessment through post-op care has been nothing short of excellent. He is highly skilled, as evidenced by the ease of my surgery (very little discomfort, minimal need for pain medication postoperatively) and seeing resolution to my symptoms, and he also exhibits a warm and compassionate bedside manner every step of the way. His team is also very competent and responsive when I’ve had questions. I enthusiastically recommend Dr. Elliot and would absolutely seek him out in the future if I need any more neurosurgical intervention.
Julianne Adams – May 20, 2022
Great surgeon
Dr. Elliot is awesome. Very confident and sure handed. Excellent bedside manner, set my mind at ease with his pre-surgery visit. I couldn't be happier with the results of my lower back surgery and I had high anxiety beforehand. I would recommend dr. Elliot and CBSI to anyone in my life and have already! Thank you Dr. Elliot!
Vince – Apr 19, 2022
Phenomenal Neurosurgeon and thoughtful physician
Dr. Elliott is fabulous. This talented surgeon fused six vertebrae in my back. He did such a great job. When he got in there, he found more damage but kept working - ten hours in total. What a guy - dedicated to doing the perfect job - at least as perfect as can be done. He was also so compassionate and thoughtful in dealing with me. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Pam D – Mar 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
This was a post-op visit, after spinal fusion surgery in Oct. 2021, that had to be redone due to failed hardware complications by ANOTHER neurosurgeon. He is very caring and explains everything, and answers all your questions. He takes the time to THOROUGHLY review your MRI/X-rays, and ensures everything that needs to be done during surgery, will be. I would definitely recommend him.
Joyce Kramer – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
I really liked Dr. Elliott when I was able to have contact with him (rare). His staff is another story. It's very difficult to get a hold of anyone and they always keep you waiting for virtual appointments with not communication. After my surgery I had complications with medication and it took 8 hours and 3 phone calls for someone to get back to us and be mildly helpful. I ended up calling an urgent care for after surgery help and they were much better.
May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Amazed at some of the positive reviews. Every interaction with Dr. Elliott & his staff left me feeling like nothing more than a statistic & a dollar sign: -Very quick to recommend surgery & presented a high level of confidence in it fixing my injury. This was coupled with a very rosy recovery timeframe unmoored in reality;  -once it became apparent surgery was a failure and a waste, he basically shrugged his shoulders and admitted that he was shooting in the dark; -poor bedside manner: in addition to the above, when I awoke from surgery, he was no where to be found! Apparently had better places to be!  -dealing with CBSI staff is a nightmare--they were late for every single appointment (one was over 2 hours late!), they misscheduled one of my post-ops, and even NO SHOWED for a Zoom appointment! -poor communication: you need to force any questions on him Dr. Elliott seems like a calm, confident professional, but in reality it's simple indifference to his patients. Avoid at all costs.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Andy – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
I have had numerous spine surgeries by Dr. Elliott. All of them have resulted in immediate relief from the terrible symptoms, pain, weakness, numbness loss of function and more pain!! He talks in a way I can understand. He gives me options and explains the values of each. I have terrible degenerative disc disease and had several spinal injuries when I was a police officer. Dr Elliott is straight with me and my surgeries, all except one that was done by someone else because Dr. Elliott was out of the country, were very successful. I have one more coming up and I have no reservations placing my care and my spine in his hands. He is the best!
John Kuenning – Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Dr. Elliott and his team (Stephanie, Clare, Anneleisse, Barb) are excellent. My cervical disc replacement procedure was successful. I highly recommend Dr. Elliott and the team at Colorado Brain and Spine Institute.
David T. – Dec 19, 2019
Thank you David for sharing your great...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Dr. Elliott impressed me from the first visit and continued to do so until discharged from his care. The office is well organized with scheduling, instructions and post op care. He is conservative but not hesitant to treat when a known issue is present.
PJT in Thornton – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Dr Elliott is fabulous surgeon. My husband had an epidural cyst and Dr Elliott expertly removed it and cleaned out the inside of the spinal canal. Carefully, without any issues. My husband instantly had increased use of his calf. Dr Elliott approached us with genuine concern and compassion; He was highly recommended by my doctor. We had a second opinion, but Dr Elliott was still our first choice and we are very pleased!!!
Laurie in Littleton, CO – Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
It is not often that you find a doctor who is gifted and has a wonderful beside manner. Dr. Elliott is both of those things! From the minute we met him, we felt confident that we had chosen the right doctor. After neck and back fusion surgery, Rick has his life back without pain! Dr. Elliott's staff is as wonderful as he is. Barb, his MA, is sweet, kind, and efficient. She has a way of making you feel relaxed in stressful times. Margret, his PA, is knowledgeable, friendly, and calming!
Rick and Leslie O'Connell in Centennial, CO – Sep 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Totally amazing surgeon. After several surgeries (by another doctor) that left me feeling hopeless and in constant pain Dr. Elliott turned my life around. Thank you Dr. Elliott. Words can't express my gratitude. Life is good again.
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Office is unresponsive and does not return calls in a timely fashion. Poor post op follow up.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Sugary and three days in the hospital. Dr Elliott came each day to visit, also answered his phone one night when the hospital called him concerning adding a prescription. I highly recommend Doctor Elliot. .Hes very personable and takes time with you, he was never in a hurry.
Littleton – Dec 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
I have already recommended my neighbor and she is coming in to see you on Jan. 15, 2018! I love how personal you are and how you always look me in the eyes. I would prefer that you give me more personal updates to my situation i.e. tumor size upon removal. You are an amazing surgeon and I felt safe in your care as well as your team!!!
Jennie Rowe in Palisade, CO – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Dr. Elliott performed a 10 hour surgery on my back on September 5, 2017. The severe back pain (lumbar) I had experienced for many years is virtually gone 3 months into my recovery. Dr Elliott had been recommended by several people, including my cardiologist, and I am so happy that he was my surgeon. I'm looking forward to a much higher quality of life thanks to the surgical skill of Dr. Elliott.
Ron Gibb in Littleton, CO – Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
I have my life back thanks to Dr. Elliott! I was in constant severe pain before my spinal surgery. His office got me in quickly, he did my surgery over a holiday weekend (we had met deductible and out of pocket; he squeezed me in so I wouldn't have to pay those again because he was booking for January and beyond when I saw him), and his office was stellar about responsiveness and pain control afterwards. His conservative instructions for post-op helped me heal perfectly. So extremely grateful!
Ana in Aurora CO – Sep 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?
I should have been prepared for what was to come after being on hold for over 20 min to just make an initial appointment. We had a 11 am appointment and were told to arrive by 10:30. We were told by staff when they took us back to room that Dr. Elliott was running about 30 min late. At 11:45 we went to front & asked status. They were very rude & unapologetic and told us he still wasn't there & didn't have an update. We finally left at 12:30 without seeing Dr & made an appt with different Dr
Denver, CO – Jun 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Elliott, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Elliott?