Dr. John Elliott, MD

Dr. John Elliott, MD

Neurosurgery  |
111 reviews

Dr. John Elliott, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Englewood, CO. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Elliott is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center and Sky Ridge Medical Center....See Less

Colorado Brain & Spine Institute, LLC

499 E Hampden Ave Ste 220

Englewood, CO 80113

• American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Elliott

Dr. Elliott's Experience

Dr. Elliott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Skull Base Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Surgery Research
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Elliott does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Gout
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Mazor Robotics Renaissance® Guidance System
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Elliott has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Elliott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Elliott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elliott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Elliott's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elliott to family and friends
Dr. Elliott's Performance
Denver, CO |
I should have been prepared for what was to come after being on hold for over 20 min to just make an initial appointment. We had a 11 am appointment and were told to arrive by 10:30. We were told by staff when they took us back to room that Dr. Elliott was running about 30 min late. At 11:45 we went to front & asked status. They were very rude & unapologetic and told us he still wasn't there & didn't have an update. We finally left at 12:30 without seeing Dr & made an appt with different Dr
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Elliott is fabulous. He is an excellent surgeon. My neck was deemed unstable. Thanks to his expertise, I feel better than I have in years. You may have to wait for 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, but there are signs asking for your patience. Due to the severity of needs of his patients, they take as much time as each patient needs to understand and answer any and all questions that each patient may have. I felt safe with him.
in Littleton, co |
the best neurosurgeon there is. no more pain. Thank you Dr Elliott !
in Littleton, CO |
I went to see Dr. Elliott with neck pain and numbness in my hands just over 2 years ago. I asked him to tell me if he was highly confident he could help me. He said he was. Now, I have severe headaches, extreme fatigue, muscle spasms, issues related to phrenic nerve damage such as diaphragm/breathing issues and more. When I went to see him repeatedly after the surgery, he said, "well, sometimes these surgeries don't turn out well, and I can only refer you to another doctor." Look elsewhere.
in Parker,co |
I needed a spinal fusion and dr Elliott was recommended My surgery and recovery went without complications unlike many horrible tales I heard from many people. It was difficult getting the first visit because he is so busy But worth the wait
Arvada, CO |
Dr. Elliott performed a fusion on my back in mid December. It totally alleviated my radiating leg pain and I got a full release in my post op yesterday. I thanked him for giving my life back! I can now get on with my business, my hiking and generally thriving!
Colrado springs |
After 10 years of suffering with severe, chronic lower back pain..I was seriously considering checking out....I now have no pain and am completely off all prescription pain meds. Dr. Elliott literally saved my life.
in Arvada, CO |
I had pain and numbness and could not work out anymore. I've worked out religiously since high school. I did my best to find a consensus of opinion on my best option and Dr. Elliott's name kept coming up. Ironically, the weekend before my procedure, I met a man who had had a similar surgery. He asked "Who is doing it, is it Dr. Elliot?" When I affirmed it was he said "That's who I used! He's the best!" Now my pain is gone and my strength is returning. I'm working out again!
in Boulder, CO |
This was my 2nd cervical discectomy and fusion with Dr. Elliott. I have full trust in his ability and professionalism to do a great job and he has! All of my issues have gone away after the surgeries. Now I just need to stop hitting my head so often. Need to stay on the sidewalk.
in Denver, CO |
I had a lower back double fusion done by Dr. Elliott. Immediately after the surgery, all my pain and the neuropathy were gone. He is a very skilled surgeon who is very busy. Despite that, he is patient, kind and attentive. He spends all the time needed to explain procedures and answer questions. I just had a three month appointment with him and I no longer need to see him - great results. I would highly recommend him.
in Denver, CO |
Had major spinal surgery after trying physical therapy and cordisone injections. Dr Elliott has an outstanding reputation from other physicians whom I know some who were patients of him. I found him to be very considerate and only recommended surgery after all other treatments failed to give any relief.
in Wheat Ridge, CO |
I recommend Dr. Elliott without hesitation. The doctor and his entire staff are exemplary in every way. I have felt confident and well cared for at each step of the process. My surgical outcome has been excellent and I'm very grateful.
in Arvada, CO |
Everything about my experience with Dr. Elliott was totally positive. From his personal treatment, to his staff, to Swedish Hospital, I couldn't have been happier with the way I was treated or how wonderful the outcome of my surgery was. Thanks to all and especially Dr. Elliott.
in Denver, CO |
After several spinal surgeries due to a recurrent problem, I chose Dr. Elliott because of his experience and skill with multiple surgical procedures and technique. From our initial meeting to our final post op visit, he was professional, compassionate and approachable. He took the time to explain options both surgical and conservative, as well as to answer and address my questions and concerns. I am very pleased with my surgical outcome thus far and highly recommend Dr. Elliott and his team.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Elliott and his staff were outstanding. All of my questions were answered never did I feel rushed any time I called the office they returned my calls in a timely manner. Great doctor and awesome staff.
in Englewood, CO |
I would highly recommend Dr. Elliott for spinal surgery. He and his staff at CBSI are an outstanding group to work with. The results of my surgery were extremely satisfactory.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Elliott was both clear and thorough in explaining my condition to me, as well as outlining the pros and cons of surgical and non surgical treatments. He only recommended surgery when it was clear that more conservative approaches were not effective. Surgery couldn't have gone more smoothly or been more successful. Highly recommended.
in Northglenn |
Excellent bed side manor. Dr. Elliot is very understanding and compassionate. Very skilled surgeon I had multiple procedures on my lumbar spine. Pain was gone the minute I woke up. I am on the road to recovery.
in Englewood, CO |
For about 18 months I suffered from severe back and leg pain resulting from three herniated discs and spinal stenosis. I underwent physical therapy, steroid injections and radio frequency neurotomy before I saw a neurosurgeon who recommended three level fusion which I rejected. I then went to Dr. Elliott who said fusion was not necessary. He performed microdiscecetomy of the three herniated discs and removed the stenosis. The pain has completely gone away and I feel great...Great Job!!!
in Aurora CO |
Dr. Elliott explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. He fit me in for surgery on a holiday weekend and did a phenomenal job. I have my life back thanks to his skill and care. His office staff (PAs, MAs, schedulers) are super responsive and helpful. I was in great hands through a scary time, and they took great care of me every step of the way. So grateful!
in Franktown, CO |
Dr. Elliott is professional, caring, thoroughly explains your condition, treatment options and recommended procedure, and is respected highly by his peers. When I asked my doctor who he would go to if he was having the same back problems I was experiencing and he immediately suggested Dr. Elliott. From the beginning I felt at ease with Dr. Elliott as well as his staff, I completely trusted him and just knew I was in good hands. The surgery was successful.
in Highlands Ranch, Co |
I have lived with back problems most of my entire life. I have stenosis and disk degeneration and had a partial thoracic fusion in 2006 @ UCLA.Following that surgery, my lumbar area grew increasingly worse. I saw a couple of neurosurgeons in the Denver area who wanted to a multi-level lumbar fusion. Fortunately a friend referred me to Dr Elliott. He is exactly as his bio describes-conservative, caring & an expert at minimally invasive surgery. He corrected my lumbar with no fusion! He is a gem!!
Have you seen Dr. John Elliott, MD?
Are you Dr. Elliott?

Visit Dr. Elliott

Dr. Elliott accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica

Englewood, CO 80113
Sky Ridge Medical Center
10101 Ridgegate Pkwy
Lone Tree, CO 80124

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Elliott at Colorado Brain & Spine Institute, LLC

Dr. Colin Buchanan, MD