Dr. John Dunlap, MD

• CoreSource
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Dunlap

Dr. Dunlap's Experience

Dr. Dunlap's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University of Kansas Medical Center
  • University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Dunlap has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dunlap does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dunlap and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dunlap's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dunlap to family and friends
Dr. Dunlap's Performance
in Lake Quivira, KS |
Dr. Dunlap is the consummate professional, and in my opinion, one of the finest internists to grace this planet. His knowledge, compassion, and sense of humor quite frankly makes it a joy to go to the doctor. His office staff is attentive, courteous, and make it obvious they enjoy their work. As a fellow physician, I have a unique perspective and choice in who provides my healthcare. Suffice it to say that there may be equally qualified physicians in his field, but none better.
in St Joseph, MO |
Dr. Dunlap gives 100 percent 24 hours a day. He is kind, compassionate, listens, follows up, makes daily hospital visits, and worked diligently for my husband's health and wellbeing for 30 years. I highly recommend Dr. John Dunlap.
in Mission Hills, KS |
Dr. Dunlap is an incredibly caring and compassionate doctor. His level of care is above and beyond any other doctors I have seen. He is always available by phone or email and he never rushes an appointment, he spends as much time as needed to give a thorough exam and/or diagnosis. We feel very fortunate that he is our doctor!
in Leawood, KS |
I attribute our full and happy life to the dynamic medical practice of Dr. Dunlap. His always shows an unfailing attention to our symptoms and concerns. I can determine from his work that he involves himself in continual professional study. His referrals for us to specialists have been so outstanding, that I do believe he would offer the very same recommendstions for his own mother.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Dunlap has been our primary care physician for over 20 years. I have never left an office visit without feeling he genuinely listened to my health issues and believing he provided me with the best course of action. Having been diagnosed with cancer several years ago I have not proceeded with any treatment in which I have not first consulted with Dr. Dunlap. His knowledge and concern for the best outcome is something I will continue to trust for years to come.
in Overland Park, KS |
I was one of Dr. Dunlap's first patients (since 1980). He remembers more about my health record than I do! My husband recently passed away, and Dr. Dunlap was there with us every step of the way--through the tears and the anger, being a great friend as well as physician. He called other doctors, he researched options, he made hospital visits twice a day (sometimes at 5:00 a.m. and again at 7:00 p.m.)...he never once let us down. He is tenacious in finding the right diagnosis and treatment.
in Stilwell, Ks |
Dr Dunlap is an outstanding clinician, compassionate and caring. I do not believe I will receive better primary care than with Dr Dunlap.
Overland Park, KS |
Dr Dunlap has been our family physician for several decades. His care and concern have been evident at every appointment and hospital call he has made. Recently my parents have both had stays in a rehabilitation hospital that restricts medical care to members of their staff but even so Dr Dunlap took the time to check on their progress, as a friend. I can't overstate the level of trust we have in his knowledge and judgement. Great nursing and office staff too.
in Leawood, KS |
I feel blessed to have a doctor with his capabilities looking after the well being of my family and myself. His thought process on how he goes about diagnosing a patient is thorough and to the point. Not only does he stay abreast of the latest trends in medicine but more importantly he considers what is the best remedy for each individual patient. I feel there are a lot of talented physicians but it would be hard to find a more conscientious doctor than Dr. John Dunlap, a doctor who truly cares!
in Leawood, KS |
I've never had a doctor be more concerned about me, take the time to actually talk to me while figuring out an issue as well as concerned enough to call me back 24 hours a day. He has made a house call to my critically ill mother and shown concern for me and my health like a good friend would, except he's also an exceptional doctor. I'd recommend him to anyone
in Lenexa, KS |
I have been a patient of Dr. Dunlap's for many years. I remain so today because of my absolute belief he may be the best internist in KC. He always takes the time necessary to make sure you understand his diagnosis and agree with the treatment he is prescribing. He is very thorough and you leave feeling he really cares and takes your health as a personal challenge. It has also been my observation that he puts in the extra time to make sure he is current with changes in medicine.
Leawood, KS |
Dr. John Dunlap is the finest physician in KC and I am fortunate that he is my doctor. He is calm, patient, extremely thorough and attentive. He never rushes an appointment and makes sure he is doing everything he can to remedy illness. He takes a personal interest in all his patients and is truly part of our family. I trust him implicitly. He will consult with other specialists to ensure excellent care for his patients. He has even made house calls! The absolute best doctor and friend.
Shawnee, KS |
A skilled, attentive, and caring physician who knows his patients and applies the most attentive treatment and follow up. Thank goodness his practice setting allows him to focus on the patient and not a computer keyboard. You know that you have his undivided attention, and are not rushed through your visit with the feeling that you are just one in a long line of "encounters ". I am a physician myself and relieved my doctor is undistraced by obligations to third parties dictating my care.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Dunlap is the most wonderful, caring and thorough doctor I have ever known. He took amazing care of my husband when he was dying of cancer. He helped us both get through this horrific experience by giving him care way beyond the norm. As for me, I am a challenging patient. He is always patient with me, sees me immediately and knows how to handle me with kindness. Since he has started the DPC practice, he is always available by phone, e-mail, etc. I am grateful I found him 33 yrs ago.
in Overland Park, KS |
My experience with Dr. Dunlap could not be better. I have been a patient for many years and without question have and continue to receive the absolutely finest care and compassion and expertise from him that I have ever had. During my wife's most serious illness, which was terminal, he always provided the highest level of care along with her other docs. I trust him implicitly as do my children. I can only hope that when he retires I can find someone with half his quality attributes.
overland park, ks |
Seems to be winding down a wonderful career. He is now a concierge MD but we have not been impressed by the level of care. He no longer goes above and beyond the routine.
Liberty, MO |
Have been patient of Dr Dunlap for 32 years. He is kind and caring. He actually listens to his patients. He always explains all test results in a way a non medical person can understand. When I received a diagnosis of cancer, he refered me to an excellent oncologist and supported me through a year of chemo. Trust him completely with my medical care. Best doctor ever!
Have you seen Dr. John Dunlap, MD?
Are you Dr. Dunlap?