Dr. John Dougherty III, MD

Dr. John Dougherty III, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Oro Valley Adult Medicine 760 E Pusch View Ln Ste 100 Oro Valley, AZ 85737 Get Directions

Dr. John Dougherty III, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Oro Valley, AZ. He is 40 years old. Dr. Dougherty III is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital.

Dr. Dougherty III's Experience

See how Dr. Dougherty III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dougherty III

Dr. Dougherty III accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Dougherty III has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dougherty III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dougherty III to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Dougherty III's Performance
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty is the best physician I have had! He is knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and takes time to listen and explain. I feel lucky and confident having him on my medical team.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty goes above and beyond in caring for his patients and I recommend him to my friends without hesitation. He explains in detail any procedures or treatments he administers and is concerned about my whole health overall and not just the particular reason I am seeing him for. He sees the patient as a whole and focuses on my overall health which I truly appreciate. He is always quick to get me in if I have an urgent problem and takes the time to listen and provide excellent care.
in Tucson, AZ |
Actively listens to treat the patient and not just the illness. Recommends proactive strategies to for preventive measures and ways to get off medication, instead of simply prescribing medication
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty is an excellent physician who truly cares for his patients. He is patient, kind, listens, and never gives the impression of being rushed. Sadly, as a self-employed couple with no insurance option other than the one Obamacare provider in the marketplace this year with a severely limited selection of providers (of which Dr. Dougherty is not one), my wife and I will have to explore alternatives for next year.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. John Dougherty has been our primary care physician for approximately 10 years. We first saw Dr. Dougherty to get a second opinion after a previous physician diagnosed multiple myeloma. Dr. Dougherty immediately recognized that the problem was not cancer, but polymyalgia rheutimatica and prescribed prednisone. I was pain free in four hours and have been since. Dr. Dougherty has been supervising my type 2 diabetes and associated problems for many years. I consider his care to be excellent.
in Marana, AZ. |
We have been patients for a year and feel we have made an excellent choice in Dr. Dougherty. He always listens to our concerns and discusses them completely without us feeling rushed
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty always listens to us as he is diagnosing our medical problems. As a result he has been able to prescribe the appropriate treatments and medications necessary for our good health. We are both in our seventies and truly respect his knowledge and ability to treat the issues faced by his older clientele. We would be willing to change to another health provider in order to stay with Dr. Dougherty. He is a great doctor and we are glad we are his patients.
in Tucson, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr Dougerty to anyone . Always welcoming and very pleasant . He takes the time to cover all of your concerns as well as his to make sure your getting all the information you need . The staff is very helpful and courtious .
in Oro Valley, AZ 85737 |
I have been a patient of Dr. Doughert for about 6 years and found him very proffesional understanding and caring. He has the courtesy to listen, spends time with you and he analyzes my health needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Dougherty.
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty is a fine primary care physician. He has a kind and gentle bedside manner. He listens well and is clearly concerned about his patients' health and well being.
in Tucson, AZ |
My husband and I moved the area about 3years ago. Due to my medical issues, my husband took about a year to find a internal medicine doctor for me and himself. Before I became his patient, I was flown to Seattle to see my internist. No more..Now, I have a doctor in town. I was extremely happy with Dr.Dougherty. He is not just doctor. He is my life saver medically and psychologically. Great listener ! Great doctor!
in Oro Valley, Az. |
I've been going to Dr. Dougherty for almost 5 years and he has always been there for me. He has even gone from the exam room and went out and made an appointment for me with a caridologist and got me in right then and there. He never rushes you and is willing to run a test if you think you need it.
in Tucson, AZ |
Great Dr. I am 87 and have been going to Dr Dougherty for 4 years. He is very thorough and takes a lot of time with me. He's very responsive to my needs. I have many chronic conditions and also suffer with anxiety. He manages all these things very well while listening to my wishes for minimum testing or intervention. He's an excellent Dr and I would recommend him.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Dougherty's for over a year and have been very satisfied. He is a superb diagnostician and is a good listener when I discuss symptoms, complaints etc. I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 34 years and have a lot of experience interacting with physicians. Dr. Dougherty is a caring physician that listens to his patients needs. He also is willing to listen to any comments I have about my treatment regime. I would highly recommend Dr. Dougherty.
in Tucson, AZ |
Poor experience. I will look elsewhere.
in Tucson, AZ |
The first impression one might form about a Doc, is the front desk staff. In this case, they were/are severely lacking in professionalism. BCBS site states they are taking patients but an actual visit to office proved otherwise. Very rude staff, especially after waiting a long time to get their attention. Lots of unprofessional signs all over the office of dos and don'ts, i.e. don't touch the A/C; sign in and go sit down, we'll call you, etc. My response: okay, I'll go elsewhere!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Are you Dr. Dougherty III?

Compare Dr. Dougherty III

}

Dr. Dougherty III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Dr. Dougherty III does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Dougherty III and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Temple University School Of Medicine
    Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network
    George Washington University
    Muhlenberg College

Dr. Dougherty III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dougherty III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dougherty III does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Dougherty III and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.