Dr. John Dougherty III, MD

Dr. John Dougherty III, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. John Dougherty III, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Oro Valley, AZ and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Temple University School Of Medicine and specializes in internal medicine and geriatric medicine.

760 E Pusch View Ln Ste 100

Oro Valley, AZ 85737

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Dougherty III treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Dougherty III's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Laryngitis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Boil
  • Care Coordination for Complex Conditions and Procedures
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Cold Sore
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Dermatitis
  • Diabetes Screening
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diarrhea
  • Dizziness
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Fecal Occult Blood Test for Colorectal Cancer
  • Fever
  • Folliculitis
  • Fungal Infections
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Genital Herpes
  • Itchy Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Liver Function Test
  • Low Blood Oxygen Level
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Rash
  • Rickets
  • Ringworm
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

4.2

Dr. Dougherty III?
Dr. Dougherty III's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Dougherty III, MD
My husband took very long time to find a doctor for us. Due to my medical condition, my husband was really careful to sign up with internal medicine doctor. I am sooo glad that we found Dr. Dougherty for my doctor. Him and his staff are very friendly , care for patients and listen for patients needs like their family member.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Dougherty and staff provide excellent medical care, the best I have received since I moved to Tucson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Douherty has great interpersonal skills. He is committed not only to managing disease but to improving the quality of life for his patients. My husband and I have been seeing him for 6 years and are grateful to be in his practice. The office environment is calm and clean. His staff is friendly and confidence-inspiring. They remember who we are.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. John Dougherty for several years. We find him very intelligent and pleasant. He takes time to explain our health concerns. He seems to keep updated with the latest medical information. He is an asset to his profession and we feel privileged to have him as our physician. Kathy, R.N., & Eric, M.D., AZ 85739
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr Dougherty excels in diagnosing your issue and convincing you to make the necessary changes in your lifestyle. He is also a very pleasant, positive and encouraging person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Dougherty has been our doctor since we moved to Marana 1 1/2 years ago. We really love that he makes patients feel important, takes time to listen to them, cares about them as a person and works to ensure patient wellness. We trust Dr. D with our health care. The practice also offers free seminars that give seniors better information to stay healthy and active. His staff knows patients by name and it is easy to call to get information and make appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
We are so fortunate to have Dr Dougherty as our Concierge Doctor. He listens carefully to our medical concerns and never rushes through an appointment. Specializing in geriatrics is a major advantage as we are both senior citizens. We know that we can have an appointment soon without waiting several weeks which gives us peace of mind. An added plus is the educational sessions held at his office by experts in various medical fields. Dr. Dougherty truly cares for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Dougherty. His area of expertise is Adult Medicine focused on those 50+. His practice is at Oro Valley Adult Medicine and costs a little more than others, but this also allows the doctors there the time to really work with each patient and discuss their health in depth. They also offer monthly lectures on topics of interest for patients in their practice. I feel my health is definitely worth the few extra dollars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Dougherty for seven years well before he went the concierge route. When I was advised that Dr. Dougherty was changing to a concierge practice I did not hesitate to sign on. He is on time, he asks good questions and he listens. He is willing to spend the time needed for each visit and truly wants to help solve the issue. Due to Dr. Dougherty's humble nature I find myself very comfortable and open with him. The staff are very friendly, thorough and accurate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
For me and my wife the key to a good doctor is that the physician is interested in us, not just the medical us. Not a social interest, but a personal awareness of who we are and how we grew to this point in our lives. Dr. Daugherty has occasionally conferred with our doctor back in Chicago to learn more about us and our health. In the 9 years we have been patients, we are pleased with the time, commitment, and capability he has so carefully provided us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Dougherty for almost 3 years. We could not be more pleased. He is an excellent physician who listens to his patients. Dr. Dougherty gives you as much time as you need and his calming demeanor helps me feel much less anxious. He has made excellent referrals when needed and communicates regularly with those specialists.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Dougherty and his staff have always been very responsive to my needs. In addition to Dr. Dougherty being my Dr. for the last 4 years, both my wife and mother in law go to him. He’s very responsive even on weekends if we need a last minute prescription filled/refilled or have a medical issue. His new office is an outstanding environment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Dougherty to any my friends. His above and beyond treatment of both my wife and myself is commendable. He takes as much time as necessary to diagnose and treat. My wife has a very complicated medical history and he is constantly familiar with possible interactions and always recommends specialists when required.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
While Dr. Dougherty's credentials are excellent, it is his way of interacting with me that ensures he will be my physician for life. He is a superb listener and diagnostician with a keen ability to piece together what feels like a jigsaw puzzle of symptoms. With his natural empathy and quick sense of humor, I feel comfortable sharing my concerns and confident they are heard. The lucky strike extra is a truly professional staff who are welcoming and can be relied upon to follow up. 5 plus stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Always complaining of work load, of which I found unprofessional. We all have a work load to pay our bills. The constant complaining lead me to the conclusion that Dr Dougherty is the primary driver why he moved to concierge membership to charge more and see less patients, not for better care as he would like you to believe, because our service and billing got worse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
I've being going to Dr. Dougherty for 8 years after moving here from Southern California and highly recommend him! He is very caring and listens to your concerns and provides the best care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
I am so disappointed in Dr. Dougherty. I have been treated terribly by both the dr and his billing office. I am required by my insurance to have an annual physical and had it and the blood/urine tests done. Both of these events are preventative medicine, not diagnostic. My insurance would pay for these events if they are coded correctly as preventative. Instead they were coded incorrectly as diagnostic and they represent an unnecessary out of pocket expense for me. This is absolutely wrong.
Coding was reviewed in my former group by...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Dougherty is the best physician I have had! He is knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and takes time to listen and explain. I feel lucky and confident having him on my medical team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Dougherty goes above and beyond in caring for his patients and I recommend him to my friends without hesitation. He explains in detail any procedures or treatments he administers and is concerned about my whole health overall and not just the particular reason I am seeing him for. He sees the patient as a whole and focuses on my overall health which I truly appreciate. He is always quick to get me in if I have an urgent problem and takes the time to listen and provide excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?
Dr. Dougherty is an excellent physician who truly cares for his patients. He is patient, kind, listens, and never gives the impression of being rushed. Sadly, as a self-employed couple with no insurance option other than the one Obamacare provider in the marketplace this year with a severely limited selection of providers (of which Dr. Dougherty is not one), my wife and I will have to explore alternatives for next year.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dougherty III?

Insurance accepted

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Commercial Insurance Company

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dougherty III treats patients.

Oro Valley Hospital