Internal Medicine  |
Dr. John Dougherty III, MD
Dr. John Dougherty III, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Oro Valley, AZ. He is 41 years old.

760 E Pusch View Ln Ste 100

Oro Valley, AZ 85737

Learn about Dr. Dougherty III

Dr. Dougherty III's Experience

Dr. Dougherty III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Geriatric Medicine

Dr. Dougherty III does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Muhlenberg College
  • Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • George Washington University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Dougherty III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dougherty III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dougherty III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dougherty III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dougherty III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dougherty III to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Dougherty III's Performance
in Tucson, AZ |
I've being going to Dr. Dougherty for 8 years after moving here from Southern California and highly recommend him! He is very caring and listens to your concerns and provides the best care!
in Oro Valley, AZ |
I am so disappointed in Dr. Dougherty. I have been treated terribly by both the dr and his billing office. I am required by my insurance to have an annual physical and had it and the blood/urine tests done. Both of these events are preventative medicine, not diagnostic. My insurance would pay for these events if they are coded correctly as preventative. Instead they were coded incorrectly as diagnostic and they represent an unnecessary out of pocket expense for me. This is absolutely wrong.
Coding was reviewed in my former group by certified professional coders. If a patient questioned the bill, the coding was then reviewed by the Director of Compliance. If coding was deemed correct by both of these, patients would be expected to pay their balance. I cannot control if a patient's insurance only pays for preventive care and nothing else, but I am required to code correctly. Unfortunate that this reviewer's only complaint is billing, yet gave negative reviews in all categories.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty is the best physician I have had! He is knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and takes time to listen and explain. I feel lucky and confident having him on my medical team.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty goes above and beyond in caring for his patients and I recommend him to my friends without hesitation. He explains in detail any procedures or treatments he administers and is concerned about my whole health overall and not just the particular reason I am seeing him for. He sees the patient as a whole and focuses on my overall health which I truly appreciate. He is always quick to get me in if I have an urgent problem and takes the time to listen and provide excellent care.
in Tucson, AZ |
Actively listens to treat the patient and not just the illness. Recommends proactive strategies to for preventive measures and ways to get off medication, instead of simply prescribing medication
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty is an excellent physician who truly cares for his patients. He is patient, kind, listens, and never gives the impression of being rushed. Sadly, as a self-employed couple with no insurance option other than the one Obamacare provider in the marketplace this year with a severely limited selection of providers (of which Dr. Dougherty is not one), my wife and I will have to explore alternatives for next year.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. John Dougherty has been our primary care physician for approximately 10 years. We first saw Dr. Dougherty to get a second opinion after a previous physician diagnosed multiple myeloma. Dr. Dougherty immediately recognized that the problem was not cancer, but polymyalgia rheutimatica and prescribed prednisone. I was pain free in four hours and have been since. Dr. Dougherty has been supervising my type 2 diabetes and associated problems for many years. I consider his care to be excellent.
in Marana, AZ. |
We have been patients for a year and feel we have made an excellent choice in Dr. Dougherty. He always listens to our concerns and discusses them completely without us feeling rushed
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty always listens to us as he is diagnosing our medical problems. As a result he has been able to prescribe the appropriate treatments and medications necessary for our good health. We are both in our seventies and truly respect his knowledge and ability to treat the issues faced by his older clientele. We would be willing to change to another health provider in order to stay with Dr. Dougherty. He is a great doctor and we are glad we are his patients.
in Tucson, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr Dougerty to anyone . Always welcoming and very pleasant . He takes the time to cover all of your concerns as well as his to make sure your getting all the information you need . The staff is very helpful and courtious .
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty is a fine primary care physician. He has a kind and gentle bedside manner. He listens well and is clearly concerned about his patients' health and well being.
in Tucson, AZ |
My husband and I moved the area about 3years ago. Due to my medical issues, my husband took about a year to find a internal medicine doctor for me and himself. Before I became his patient, I was flown to Seattle to see my internist. No more..Now, I have a doctor in town. I was extremely happy with Dr.Dougherty. He is not just doctor. He is my life saver medically and psychologically. Great listener ! Great doctor!
in Oro Valley, Az. |
I've been going to Dr. Dougherty for almost 5 years and he has always been there for me. He has even gone from the exam room and went out and made an appointment for me with a caridologist and got me in right then and there. He never rushes you and is willing to run a test if you think you need it.
in Tucson, AZ |
Poor experience. I will look elsewhere.
in Tucson, AZ |
The first impression one might form about a Doc, is the front desk staff. In this case, they were/are severely lacking in professionalism. BCBS site states they are taking patients but an actual visit to office proved otherwise. Very rude staff, especially after waiting a long time to get their attention. Lots of unprofessional signs all over the office of dos and don'ts, i.e. don't touch the A/C; sign in and go sit down, we'll call you, etc. My response: okay, I'll go elsewhere!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Dougherty III, MD?

Visit Dr. Dougherty III