Dr. John Di Paola, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Occupational Orthopedics 6464 SW Borland Rd Ste C4 Tualatin, OR 97062 Get Directions
Dr. John Di Paola, MD
Dr. John Di Paola, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tualatin, OR. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Di Paola is affiliated with Providence Milwaukie Hospital, Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center and Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center.

Dr. Di Paola's Care Philosophy

Our practice is exclusively dedicated to caring for On the Job Injuries. Many scientific studies show that people who are working (AND their families) are healthier physically, mentally, and financially. Activity and exercise are critically important to enjoying a longer, healthier life, so we do all we can to keep you healthy. The Workers' Compensation System (System) is designed to provide medical treatment to help people Stay At Work and or help them Return To Work (SAW/RTW). The System does a very good job of providing medical benefits. The other benefits offered by the System (Time Loss, Disability, Impairment, Retraining) are determined by complicated rules which don't always offer workers or their doctors the results they would like most. Doctors must answer questions asked by The System based on science. The science triggers certain legal rules and actions that determine if the benefits will be offered to the worker. The rules don't always solve the problems of the worker.

Dr. Di Paola's Experience

See how Dr. Di Paola's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Di Paola

Dr. Di Paola accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Di Paola is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Di Paola has admitting privileges.

Dr. Di Paola's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Di Paola to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Di Paola Says:

Thanks for your review. We follow the comments of our patients and strive to do our best to provide the care and services that are most important to you. Patient reviews are greatly valued as a guide to our activities and actions. Favorable reviews help us to know what we are doing right and unfavorable reviews help us know how to be better. We appreciate you taking time to communicate.

Dr. Di Paola's Performance
Vancouver, WA |
I was told by Tammy (who I always saw) that I should have surgery. During the time between this visit and my next visit I was contacted by my claim manager who asked me about Dr Dipaola and I said I don't know I have never seen him which she thought odd since he signed everything. Anyway next visit I see him and all the sudden he drops me from his care and won't refill my prescription I was on for 7 mos or even give me enough to wean off leaving me to find a new dr to take over care. Very shady
in Portland, OR |
I needed an attending physician so I could close my Worker Comp Case on my right knee meniscus tear. The other Orthopedic surgeons in the Providence MCO System would not help me. I was able to get an appointment with Dr. DiPaola. He was very pleasant and respectful. He agreed to help me get my claim closed and referred me to another Orthopedic Surgeon that does partial knee replacements. I had a positive experience with Dr. DiPaola.
Diane, thank you for leaving us a review about your experience. Happy we could help you out in your situation.
in Tualatin, OR |
Dr. D is a capable and honest doctor - he tells it like it is. He helped me to understand the WOrkers Compensation System and how to get the best care and get back to work. The staff is very helpful and friendly.
Sam, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback.
in Portland, OR |
I have never been treated with more disrespect by a doctor in my life. Dr. Di Paola displayed a horrible bedside manner. He would speak over me while I tried to answer direct questions. He was dismissive of me and my daughter who accompanied me to my appointment. I would never recommend this doctor.
Jane, thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not feel heard during your visit. I think I recall the situation. You came for an examination accompanied by your daughter, who wanted advocate for you. For this type of exam we are not permitted to consider any information outside of the medical record unless given directly by the patient. Specific questions need to be answered by the patient to complete the exam. When workers' comp is involved the system is a very structured process.
Have you seen Dr. John Di Paola, MD?

Compare Dr. Di Paola

Dr. Di Paola's Care Philosophy

Dr. Di Paola says...

Dr. Di Paola's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Di Paola has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Di Paola's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries

Oregon Health And Science University

Completed in 1988

Kean University Of New Jersey

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Di Paola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Di Paola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Occupational Medicine