Dr. John Di Paola, MD

Dr. John Di Paola, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. John Di Paola, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tualatin, OR. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

6464 SW Borland Rd Ste C4

Tualatin, OR 97062

• Washington State Department of Labor & Industries

Learn about Dr. Di Paola

See how frequently Dr. Di Paola performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Knee Disorders
Knee Sprain

Dr. Di Paola's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Di Paola "Our practice is exclusively dedicated to caring for On the Job Injuries. Many scientific studies show that people who are working (AND their families) are healthier physically, mentally, and financially. Activity and exercise are critically important to enjoying a longer, healthier life, so we do all we can to keep you healthy. The Workers' Compensation System (System) is designed to provide medical treatment to help people Stay At Work and or help them Return To Work (SAW/RTW). The System does a very good job of providing medical benefits. The other benefits offered by the System (Time Loss, Disability, Impairment, Retraining) are determined by complicated rules which don't always offer workers or their doctors the results they would like most. Doctors must answer questions asked by The System based on science. The science triggers certain legal rules and actions that determine if the benefits will be offered to the worker. The rules don't always solve the problems of the worker."

• Occupational Medicine

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Muscle Strain

• Tendon and Bursa Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Surgery
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Kean University Of New Jersey
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Oregon Health and Science University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Oregon Health and Science University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Di Paola has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Di Paola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Di Paola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Di Paola's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Di Paola to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Di Paola Says:

Thanks for your review. We follow the comments of our patients and strive to do our best to provide the care and services that are most important to you. Patient reviews are greatly valued as a guide to our activities and actions. Favorable reviews help us to know what we are doing right and unfavorable reviews help us know how to be better. We appreciate you taking time to communicate.

Dr. Di Paola's Performance
in Wilsonville |
I have been seeing dr.dipaola for about 4 months now. I have been very happy with him and his team through the whole process. He and Tammy have explained everything we have been through very well! I have never felt comfortable with doctors, however when I go to his office, there has been no stress involved.and they did everything possible to keep me out of surgery.that in itself earned my respect.we do have to do surgery in a little over a week. I'm definitely nervous,but I know I'm in goodhands
Robert, thank you, for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience. We appreciate your feedback.
Hillsboro |
Dr Di Paola is great. Takes the time to see what issues I am having, checks to see how the issues have resolved over time and provides instructions on how to keep the area from being injured again. I wish he could be my PCP.
Thank you, for leaving us a review about your experience. We appreciate your feedback.
in Salem, OR |
I tore the heck out of my left shoulder just over a year ago. Under John's advice, i went to physical therapy for a few months and was getting better but reinjured it at work. I couldn't lift my arm above my head at all, always helping it with my other arm. Sleep was very compromised. The surgery was four hours of rebuilding many different issues. Not a simple procedure, but the good doctor did it right. Today it feels great and can even sleep on that side. I highly reccomend Dr..DI Paola.
Clay, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience. We appreciate your feedback.
in Portland or |
This doctor is rude, takes shortcuts during surgery to close claims faster and leaves you with shoddy work her eventually fails again after years of pain. Avoid at all costs.
Vancouver, WA |
I was told by Tammy (who I always saw) that I should have surgery. During the time between this visit and my next visit I was contacted by my claim manager who asked me about Dr Dipaola and I said I don't know I have never seen him which she thought odd since he signed everything. Anyway next visit I see him and all the sudden he drops me from his care and won't refill my prescription I was on for 7 mos or even give me enough to wean off leaving me to find a new dr to take over care. Very shady
in Portland, OR |
I needed an attending physician so I could close my Worker Comp Case on my right knee meniscus tear. The other Orthopedic surgeons in the Providence MCO System would not help me. I was able to get an appointment with Dr. DiPaola. He was very pleasant and respectful. He agreed to help me get my claim closed and referred me to another Orthopedic Surgeon that does partial knee replacements. I had a positive experience with Dr. DiPaola.
Diane, thank you for leaving us a review about your experience. Happy we could help you out in your situation.
in Tualatin, OR |
Dr. D is a capable and honest doctor - he tells it like it is. He helped me to understand the WOrkers Compensation System and how to get the best care and get back to work. The staff is very helpful and friendly.
Sam, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback.
in Portland, OR |
I have never been treated with more disrespect by a doctor in my life. Dr. Di Paola displayed a horrible bedside manner. He would speak over me while I tried to answer direct questions. He was dismissive of me and my daughter who accompanied me to my appointment. I would never recommend this doctor.
Jane, thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not feel heard during your visit. I think I recall the situation. You came for an examination accompanied by your daughter, who wanted advocate for you. For this type of exam we are not permitted to consider any information outside of the medical record unless given directly by the patient. Specific questions need to be answered by the patient to complete the exam. When workers' comp is involved the system is a very structured process.
Have you seen Dr. John Di Paola, MD?

Visit Dr. Di Paola