Dr. John Devaro, MD

Pediatric Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. John Devaro, MD
Dr. John Devaro, MD is a pediatric ophthalmology doctor who practices in Savannah, GA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Devaro is affiliated with Memorial Health University Medical Center and Candler Hospital.

Dr. Devaro's Care Philosophy

We strive to make our patients see their best.

Dr. Devaro's Experience

See how Dr. Devaro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Devaro

Dr. Devaro accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Devaro is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Devaro has admitting privileges.

Dr. Devaro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Devaro to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Devaro's Performance
in Okatie, SC |
Dr.Devaro is a great professional, very polite, thorough and knowledgeable. I can easily say that he is one of the best doctors I have ever met, and I work in health care. Dr.Devaro operated on both of my twins, he explained procedure in great detail, answered all the questions and made us feel very comfortable with upcoming surgery. Now 2 month post surgery both of my girls have no evidence of disease they have been treated for. My family and I will be forever gratefull
Savannah, GA |
HIGHLY SKILLED PROFESSIONAL
Union City, GA |
My 5 year old son was so nervous to go to the eye doctor for the first time. Dr Devaro, his nurse & office staff were so kind & good with him. We had a great experience. Awesome pediatric friendly doctor
Eye exams can be scary for children. We are happy to hear that it went well!
in Savannah, GA |
This is one of the best practices I have ever experienced. Dr. Devato and his entire staff are wonderful. They 're kind, gentle and patient....especially dealing with a child like mine who can be more than a handful.
Thanks so much for your kind comments and review. We are happy that you had a great experience!
in Savannah, Georgia |
I can't say enough wonderful things about this office including his staff. Everyone is so kind, gentle and patient. My daughter is more than a handful and she warmed up to them due to the way they all reacted towards her. Hands down....one of best practices I have ever experienced!
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. DeMarini is amazing. He is very helpful, and explains every thing very well. And chooses the best alternative for you and your child's needs. Very attentive.
in savannah, ga |
We used Devaro when our nephew needed eye surgery, and were thrilled to find out he is the eye Dr for the NICU at Memorial for our premature daughter. He is no nonsense when it comes to my daughter's eye health, while being amazingly sweet to her.
in Savannah, GA |
Dr Davaro spoke almost exclusively to his nurse, did not take the time to explain what he was talking about to me about my son (I have always had excellent vision and am totally ignorant of eye diseases or terms) and despite my concerns the 3 times we visited him- refused to admit my son had crossed eyes. He kept telling us he just had a wide nose bridge. He said his vision was basically normal. We saw a new dr who diagnosed our son with Optic Nerve Atrophy and crossed eyes. Huge fail.
in Rincon, GA |
Friendly, thorough, experienced professional in every sense. Restored my daughters strabismus to 20/20. Special Kudos to his absolutely amazing staff who take the time to treat each patient as special. Nurses remember you, are respectful and I believe genuinely care for their patients which is all too rare these days. I would recommend Dr.Devaro AND his office staff to anyone who wants the best care available, hands down bar none!
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. DeVaro saw my son Zachary, his staff was wonderful. My son (who is only 4) had his eyes dilated and had a full exam. The staff was so caring that he never even cried, Dr. DeVaro took the time to answer all my questions and put my mind at ease.
Have you seen Dr. John Devaro, MD?

Dr. Devaro's Care Philosophy

We strive to make our patients see their best.

Dr. Devaro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Ophthalmology

• Cambridge Whos Who, 2009
      • Marquis Whos Who in America, 2009
      • Consumers Union Top Ophthalmologist, 2009
      • Asst Prof of Pediatrics, Mercer Univ Sch of Med, 2001

Dr. Devaro has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Devaro's Board Certifications

• Nystagmus
    • Ocular Hypertension
    • Paralytic Strabismus
    • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
    • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
    • Strabismus

Graduated in 1984

• Other Education
      Mercer University School Of Medicine

Completed in 2001

Dr. Devaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Devaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Ophthalmology