Dr. John G. De Santis, DO

Dr. John G. De Santis, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 63 years old

"The most rewarding part of hip and knee reconstruction is hearing from patients how happy they are that they can get back to activities they once enjoyed"Read more

Dr. De Santis' Experience

See how Dr. De Santis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. De Santis

Dr. De Santis accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. De Santis has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. De Santis
Dr. De Santis' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (47)
in Yucca Valley, CA |
Dr. De Santis restored my quality of life through his superior ability to perform restorative full knee replacement (s) surgery assisted by a more than competent surgical team and the ONLY hospital I would ever...even consider and I know my hospitals being a resident of Coachella Valley since 1954. Again my humblest thanks go out to everyone who made this a ............Karen Smith/Yucca Valley
in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada |
I'm from Canada and there I would have had to wait at least 1-1/2 years for a total hip replacement. From the time it took me to see Dr. DeSantis and have the surgery it was less than 3 weeks. I was also very happy with the outcome. I was out of the hospital the very next day and didn't experience any pain even without medication. Dr. DeSantis used the Anterior (from the front) approach for this surgery which isn't available back at home. I highly recommend Dr. DeSantis and all the staff at EMS.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I broke my hip and had a hip pinning. This painful injury exacerbated my pre-existing arthritis and Dr. DeSantis was recommended to me to perform a total hip replacement. Dr. DeSantis patiently answered my questions and quickly gained my confidence. He did an amazing job with the surgery itself and my recovery was uneventful. Dr. DeSantis will be my first choice should I ever need a joint replacement in the future and I would highly recommend him.
in Palm Springs, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is a 'no-nonsense, cut to the chase' type man that does excellent work
in La Quinta, CA |
Dr. De Santis has had the experience I was looking for ....over 5,000 knee replacements. He has a no nonsense approach to your situation, and gave me his honest assessment of my choices. My results have exceeded my expectations.
in Indio, Ca. |
I received a full hip replacement to my right hip 3 months ago. I'm 61 and put off this decision for 3 years. I had heard very positive reviews on Dr. De Santis's work. Dr. De Santis helped me to get back on the tennis court in 6 weeks. He was very optimistic with me from the very beginning that I would do well with this replacement. I just finished my first Palm Springs Tram Challenge. I'm excited to start my training for the next one a year from now.
in Palm Desert CA |
Dr DeSantis recently performed a Knee replacement for me. He was informative and made certain I knew the steps I needed to take for my recovery. Dr DeSantis and the entire team at Desert Orthopedic Center are highly professional and caring providers. I have the highest confidence in Dr DeSantis and his staff and will most definitely refer him. Thanks again Doctor
in Palm Springs, CA |
I developed severe osteoarthritis in both hips 6 years ago. I consulted a surgeon, but the surgery then was archaic (metal-on-metal/posterior entry). I qualified for the anterior approach/ bikini cut. Each hip was replaced in the same surgery 8 weeks ago. I highly recommend both at once, if possible. Dr. DeSantis and his superb assistant, David Delgadillo, performed a complicated surgery flawlessly. I can walk, swim and dance again! My life was given back to me. Words can't express my gratitude!
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is very professional & knowledgeable. He replaced my hip on 8-1-16. I was walking without a walker 10 days later. Now 3 weeks after & I am doing PT & swimming....should be back on the golf course soon. He is easy to talk to & has made me feel cared for whenever I see him.
in Palm Springs, CA |
Dr. De Santis did a total hip replacement on me on June 13, 2016. I've had wonderful results. Til today (August 23) I've traveled 3 times on planes, including once to France for a cruise on the Seine River. On August 9, less than 2 months post-op, in touring off the ship, I clocked 18,546 steps and 11 floors climbed (per my iPhone). In the last two days I did 2 hour long spin classes at the gym. Kudos to Dr. De Santis for a job well done.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I had a hip replaced by Dr. De Santis on Aug 15, 2016. It was an excellent experience. He is the best. I thank him from the bottom of my heart. I would also like to thank the professional attention and care I received from the Desert Orthopedic Center and The Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California.
in Mountain Center |
On behalf of my husband, the recipient of hip replacement surgery, we would like to thank Dr De Santis for a successful surgery handled with the utmost professionalism and compassion. My husbands hip pain was the result of a motorcycle accident five years ago that was operated on by another surgeon, with the concept it could be screwed back together and would repair it's self. It never did. Dr De Santis literally gave my husband/us our lives back. We are thankful our paths crossed.
in Palm Springs, CA |
On the day Dr. John DeSantis took the Hippocratic Oath he did not just recite the words but made the oath an integral part of his life. He lives the Oath on a daily basis each time he sees a patient. Dr. DeSantis has earned my respect and trust and that is not easy from a former New Yorker. He is a man of great compassion and concern toward his patients. In January I saw him for bilateral knee replacement. He told me every detail & made sure I understood. Today I am able to walk thanks to him.
in Twentynine Palms, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is the best! I had severe degenerative in both my hips. I was turned away from another orthopedic due to my age and weight. Dr. DeSantis did not even hesitate on fixing my hips. Within 3 months I had a total hip replacement in both hips. I can't thank him enough for giving me my quality of life back. Thank you again Dr. DeSantis!!!
in palm desert, ca |
I recently had hip surgery performed by Dr. John De Santis. I considered myself very disabled before surgery as I was unable to walk without a cane and I was in constant pain. I was so pleased with my result! I had minimal pain immediately after surgery and my recovery time has been extremely brief. After just one month I was back doing activities with my family and friends again! Besides being a very skillful surgeon, Dr. De Santis is kind and compassionate. I highly recommend him!
in Palm Springs, CA |
He was professional and courteous
in Indio, CA |
I went to Dr. De Santis because he had treated my wife so successfully and compassionately for a knee meniscus issue. My hip was causing me to limp and walk with great pain. His diagnosis recommended a Total Hip Replacement. The entire process, from pre-op. op, and post-op was quite extraordinary. It was comprehensive and professional beyond my expectation. And it was Dr. De Santis that made it so successful. He restored my quality of life.
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. De Santis replaced my right hip and after thirty days the quality of my life is 100% better. The procedure went perfectly, I recovered steadily and can walk,swim and ride a bike. I thought Dr. De Santis was concerned and attentive, honest and straightforward and answered my questions well. The experience went very well and I would recommend Dr. De Santis to anyone needing a hip replacement in this area.
in Temecula, CA |
I knew a hip replacement was inevitable. After interviewing 3 highly recommended physicians in the IE, I was disappointed with them all. I found Dr. DeSantis on the DOC website and felt hopeful after watching his video. After meeting him in person, I knew I'd found my doctor. His technique and assurance that I'd enjoy a complete and successful recovery made it all less stressful. I was walking the same day and off the painkillers and walker after 2 weeks. Miracle worker! The very best in the IE!
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is a very competent surgeon who is very up-top-date on techniques for hip replacements. He answered all of my questions patiently. My surgery was very successful and I've resumed normal activities in 4 weeks.
in Rancho Mirage, CA |
Botched surgery--required revision by other doctor. No aftercare. Took no responsibility for pain caused by bad surgery. Told me to ignore severe pain--it was my fault! Had no interest in my problems. Don't ever go to this guy.
in Palm Springs, CA |
DON'T GO TO DESANTIS. He has a reputation with other doctors as being awful. He offers no aftercare. After he takes your money for surgery, he will tell you your pain is all in your head. He botched my hip surgery, Installed the piece incorrectly and permanently tore muscle while doing so. I now have a permanent injury due to him & may need a revision. He's known to be heavy handed which is just a polite way of saying he's clumsy. You don't need a bull in a china shop operating on you. AVOID!
in La Quinta, CA |
Have advised friends & family to avoid him. I found him to be as detached and disinterested as a doctor could be. After 3 months of unrelenting pain at the replaced hip, he took xrays and told me they looked great. So I was forced to get a 2nd opinion from another orthopedic surgeon, and a 3rd opinion from my neurolgist. Both delivered the same bad news. A complete, 2nd, hip replacement was necessary. So out of character/competence for a DOC physician.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I found Dr. DeSantis to be very compassionate and spent time with me. He answered all my questions.
Have you seen Dr. John G. De Santis, DO?
Are you Dr. De Santis?

Compare Dr. De Santis

Dr. De Santis' Care Philosophy

Dr. De Santis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. De Santis has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. De Santis' Board Certifications

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.