Dr. John DeSantis, DO

Dr. DeSantis
Telehealth services available

Desert Orthopedic Center

45280 Seeley Dr Fl 2 La Quinta, CA 92253

Dr. John DeSantis, DO is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in La Quinta, CA and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Michigan State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with Eisenhower Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. DeSantis to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

See similar Orthopedic Surgeons in La Quinta

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. DeSantis accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. DeSantis has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(760) 568-2684Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. DeSantis' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee Replacement
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Systemic Sclerosis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. John DeSantis, DO...

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. DeSantis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. DeSantis

4.1

20.87912087912088%

Dr. DeSantis?
What People Say About Dr. John DeSantis, DO
Dr. DeSantis was recommended to me by my chiropractor, after he had a total hip replacement himself. When I needed one, he referred me to Dr. DeSantis, and my experience was positive from start to finish. He is a wonderful surgeon and everyone I came in contact with was great. I walked in feeling twice as old as I am, and after just a few weeks, felt half my age. I'd absolutely refer this surgeon without hesitation.
Elizabeth (BettyJean) O'Donnell – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I am a 66 year old male, healthy and active. Three and a half years ago I visited with Dr DeSantis for the first time. I had hip pain. X-rays revealed something bone on bone in my left hip and the right was headed that way. We decided to try injections through a pain management clinic which worked up until 6 months ago. So I returned to see Dr DeSantis. New X-rays revealed much worse conditions in both hips. We elected to do a total replacement of both. On May 27, 2020 the surgery was performed. The entire process was smooth and professional. Dr Desantis (& his crew) are so very skilled and confident. I’m here 22 days after the surgery. I have been walking on my own for the last 12 days, nearly zero pain. I’m getting my life back. I feel I absolutely made the right decision with Dr DeSantis and would recommend him in a heartbeat. Words cannot express how pleased I am.
Chuck B – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
On January 15th Dr. DeSantis did a total knee replacement. In my opinion he is a 5 Star Surgeon. (5 Star is the best) It is now the end of April, and I do not have to go back for another check up, for a year. I swim, walk and feel great. I Thank You Dr. DeSantis.
Sue Weir – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Unfortunately I can't recommend Dr. DeSantis. He's a nice enough guy, but they are performing highway robbery at Eisenhower Health and Desert Orthopedic. I went in for a second opinion on my knee. They took an X-ray, I should have said no. They gave me a shot of cortisone. Altogether they charged $1,595. My Doctor in Arcadia would have charged me less than $500 for same work as a new patient. I did get a $420 discount for paying cash. Net payment was $1,175 for visiting the Doctor. The Dr. DeSantis quoted me much less. I found out from a manager that quote was worthless. Thanks, Dr. DeSantis' office. The worst player is Eisenhower Health. But Dr. DeSantis' office is part of the heist. I only found out about the robbery because I paid cash. The hospital charged me $674 for a cortisone shot, $98 from the Doctor's office. I got charged by both the hospital and Cr. DeSantis for a 'new patient' charge of about $340. Insurance companies are paying these fees. Do they know?
Richard Taylor – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I had a total hip replacement February 2019. Surgery went well and I healed quickly. Every person I dealt with at Eisenhower was totally on it and knew all of my issues and concerns. I had some issues with tendonitis later and Dr. DeSantis followed up with me and helped me resolve my problem quickly. I would definitely recommend Dr. DeSantis and the DOC to anyone.
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
New left hip; after 4 days, still some pain but moving pretty well. Very happy with Dr. DeSantis and staff.
Richard G. – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
In late November 2018 I knew both my hips were in bad shape. I saw Dr. DeSantis thinking I'd just have the worst of the two replaced. I was terrified of surgery since the only time I've been in the hospital was to birth three children. After looking at my X-rays, Dr. DeSantis asked me why I wanted to be scared twice and suggested that I do both at the same time. My husband and I looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and scheduled surgery for December 10. As I write this it is Sept. 10, 2019 and I must say this was one of my best decisions. I qualified for a stay at an inpatient rehab facility which was also a stroke of genius. Today, I can go back to playing golf, and I've been back at my part time job since early February. If you find yourself in the same situation, think about doing what I did. Therapy was great and Dr. DeSantis is terrific. By the way, I'm 72 years old so don't let age stop you.
Kay Hensel – Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Dr. DeSantis performed a bilateral hip replacement (Both hips at the same time) on me. Just ten weeks later I am back to work as an Executive Chef. He is the only Doctor within a hundred miles to do both hips at the same time. My recovery went well and the hips are pain free. He and his office staff are very friendly and professional. The care and service I received was top notch. My hips were both so bad that the decision to do both at the same time was the best decision I made. One surgery, one recovery and a life changing experience. I highly recommend Dr. DeSantis.
John Dutra, Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Manager – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I was in pain for almost 10 years. Dr desantis diagnosed me with severe osteoarthritis and scheduled my bilateral omplete hip replacement. I am 8 weeks out and walking without much help from a cane. I have no pain. Yes no pain. I don’t waddle anymore. I recommend dr desantis and his assistant David and his whole staff, he has changed my life and I will be forever grateful.
Paula Johnson in Indio, CA – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Avoid at all cost. Worst medical experience of my life. Because of his incompetence, ended up with two years of cascading issues that I am paying thousands of dollars out of pocket to try to fix, not sure I will even be able to. Sadly, when I look at other reviews I may actually be a lucky person who did not believe his lies and let him operate. Rotten to his core. Unbelievable he is allowed to keep his license. Run. Or wheel away but never use this pathetic excuse of a "doctor".
Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
My wife and I was very impressed with Dr. John G. DeSantis and his Office Staff. They are very friendly and happy to help you. He taok time to explain my double knee total joint replacement. Answered all my questions. Post opt he has been very good on following up also. I would highly recommend Dr. John G DeSantis
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I had anterior approach, bikini incision, R hip replacement for avascular necrosis in early June. I am almost 3 weeks post-op and doing very well. I am very pleased I chose Dr. DeSantis and his team for my care. Dr. Charles Hayden Ellingham, Burley Idaho.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I had a Total Knee Replacement on March 6, 2019. Leading up to the operation, the staff of Dr. DeSantis stayed in constant touch ensuring I was properly prepared. When I had a question subsequent to my initial consultation, i sent an email to Dr. DeSantis who replied promptly and asked I come in to discuss in greater detail. After the operation, the follow-up was equally excellent. I felt myself in very good hands and appreciated Dr. DeSantis' attentiveness and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. Far exceeded my expectations!
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Dr DeSantis did a anterior full left hip replacement on me in March 2019 for end stage degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis) . After three weeks the results have exceeded my expectations. He has a very reassuring manner and I was treated very well by his PA David Delgadillo , the physiotherapists and the rest of the team. I recommend him highly. Thanks Dr DeSantis and all of your team at Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Centre.
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I had knee replacement surgery with DrDesantis. It went very well and I was very impressed with the surgery, Eisenhower hospital, and the surgery team. A few weeks after the surgery I fell on the knee. I was very worried but the knee held up, stayed in place, and I would say my knee works very well.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I have had two total knee replacements. The minute I met Dr. DeSantis and his staff, I felt completely confident my surgeries would be a success. I am six weeks past my second surgery and it's the best thing I ever did. Thank you Dr DeSantis!
Patricia Kiernan in Niland, CA – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
I had knee and hip surgery at the same time. I'm very glad I did have this done. I'm doing very good and it is not quite three months.
Gloria Johnson in Palm Desert, CA – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Best experience I have ever had with a doctor and an office. not only am I feeling 100% better after a full hip replacement. I was treated as an individual by the doctor, his staff, and the hospital. After a quick recovery, I was able to ty my shoes again and within 3 months I was on the slopes skiing pain free for the first time in 10 years. I am also playing golf pain free, only one moth after surgery. I feel like a new man.
Jefff Cox in Cathedral City, CA – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Dr. DeSantis agreed to move my left knee surgery up a couple weeks and performed an outstanding total left knee replacement on Dec 19, 2018. I had my right knee replaced 16 months ago but I was off narcotics two days after the surgery. I only used a cane to get around in our RV and walking around the park. No pain from the surgery and 8 days post surgery his nurse pulled the 29 staples. Off and running with PT but the X-Rays revealed a perfect job. I'm really excited about the quick recover
Jim Eliassen in Indio, CA – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?
Great communicator, discouraged me from arthroscopic surgery for my torn meniscus (82 - too old) even tho I am very active. (New research I found on-line coincides with his advice). Trying cortisone shots as a first step. Anxious at first, now confident that he will lead me to the right solution.
Palm Desert, CA – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John DeSantis, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. DeSantis?

"The most rewarding part of hip and knee reconstruction is hearing from patients how happy they are that they can get back to activities they once enjoyed"

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Michigan State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine
1977
Central Michigan University

More Information

• Does Dr. DeSantis communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Dr. DeSantis offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. DeSantis offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. DeSantis offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. DeSantis offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. DeSantis have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. DeSantis has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. DeSantis offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. DeSantis offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. DeSantis offer evening visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer evening visits