Dr. John G. De Santis, DO

Dr. John G. De Santis, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Desert Orthopedic Center 39000 Bob Hope Dr, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

"The most rewarding part of hip and knee reconstruction is hearing from patients how happy they are that they can get back to activities they once enjoyed"Read more

Dr. De Santis' Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. De Santis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. De Santis

Dr. De Santis accepts 1 insurance carrier

1 Insurance Carrier Accepted*

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. De Santis has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. De Santis

Dr. De Santis' Review Details
3.7 based on 41 responses
Experience with Dr. De Santis
Dr. De Santis' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (39)
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is very professional & knowledgeable. He replaced my hip on 8-1-16. I was walking without a walker 10 days later. Now 3 weeks after & I am doing PT & swimming....should be back on the golf course soon. He is easy to talk to & has made me feel cared for whenever I see him.
in Palm Springs, CA |
Dr. De Santis did a total hip replacement on me on June 13, 2016. I've had wonderful results. Til today (August 23) I've traveled 3 times on planes, including once to France for a cruise on the Seine River. On August 9, less than 2 months post-op, in touring off the ship, I clocked 18,546 steps and 11 floors climbed (per my iPhone). In the last two days I did 2 hour long spin classes at the gym. Kudos to Dr. De Santis for a job well done.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I had a hip replaced by Dr. De Santis on Aug 15, 2016. It was an excellent experience. He is the best. I thank him from the bottom of my heart. I would also like to thank the professional attention and care I received from the Desert Orthopedic Center and The Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California.
in Mountain Center |
On behalf of my husband, the recipient of hip replacement surgery, we would like to thank Dr De Santis for a successful surgery handled with the utmost professionalism and compassion. My husbands hip pain was the result of a motorcycle accident five years ago that was operated on by another surgeon, with the concept it could be screwed back together and would repair it's self. It never did. Dr De Santis literally gave my husband/us our lives back. We are thankful our paths crossed.
in Palm Springs, CA |
On the day Dr. John DeSantis took the Hippocratic Oath he did not just recite the words but made the oath an integral part of his life. He lives the Oath on a daily basis each time he sees a patient. Dr. DeSantis has earned my respect and trust and that is not easy from a former New Yorker. He is a man of great compassion and concern toward his patients. In January I saw him for bilateral knee replacement. He told me every detail & made sure I understood. Today I am able to walk thanks to him.
in Twentynine Palms, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is the best! I had severe degenerative in both my hips. I was turned away from another orthopedic due to my age and weight. Dr. DeSantis did not even hesitate on fixing my hips. Within 3 months I had a total hip replacement in both hips. I can't thank him enough for giving me my quality of life back. Thank you again Dr. DeSantis!!!
in palm desert, ca |
I recently had hip surgery performed by Dr. John De Santis. I considered myself very disabled before surgery as I was unable to walk without a cane and I was in constant pain. I was so pleased with my result! I had minimal pain immediately after surgery and my recovery time has been extremely brief. After just one month I was back doing activities with my family and friends again! Besides being a very skillful surgeon, Dr. De Santis is kind and compassionate. I highly recommend him!
in Palm Springs, CA |
He was professional and courteous
in Indio, CA |
I went to Dr. De Santis because he had treated my wife so successfully and compassionately for a knee meniscus issue. My hip was causing me to limp and walk with great pain. His diagnosis recommended a Total Hip Replacement. The entire process, from pre-op. op, and post-op was quite extraordinary. It was comprehensive and professional beyond my expectation. And it was Dr. De Santis that made it so successful. He restored my quality of life.
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. De Santis replaced my right hip and after thirty days the quality of my life is 100% better. The procedure went perfectly, I recovered steadily and can walk,swim and ride a bike. I thought Dr. De Santis was concerned and attentive, honest and straightforward and answered my questions well. The experience went very well and I would recommend Dr. De Santis to anyone needing a hip replacement in this area.
in Temecula, CA |
I knew a hip replacement was inevitable. After interviewing 3 highly recommended physicians in the IE, I was disappointed with them all. I found Dr. DeSantis on the DOC website and felt hopeful after watching his video. After meeting him in person, I knew I'd found my doctor. His technique and assurance that I'd enjoy a complete and successful recovery made it all less stressful. I was walking the same day and off the painkillers and walker after 2 weeks. Miracle worker! The very best in the IE!
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. DeSantis is a very competent surgeon who is very up-top-date on techniques for hip replacements. He answered all of my questions patiently. My surgery was very successful and I've resumed normal activities in 4 weeks.
in Rancho Mirage, CA |
Botched surgery--required revision by other doctor. No aftercare. Took no responsibility for pain caused by bad surgery. Told me to ignore severe pain--it was my fault! Had no interest in my problems. Don't ever go to this guy.
in Palm Springs, CA |
DON'T GO TO DESANTIS. He has a reputation with other doctors as being awful. He offers no aftercare. After he takes your money for surgery, he will tell you your pain is all in your head. He botched my hip surgery, Installed the piece incorrectly and permanently tore muscle while doing so. I now have a permanent injury due to him & may need a revision. He's known to be heavy handed which is just a polite way of saying he's clumsy. You don't need a bull in a china shop operating on you. AVOID!
in La Quinta, CA |
Have advised friends & family to avoid him. I found him to be as detached and disinterested as a doctor could be. After 3 months of unrelenting pain at the replaced hip, he took xrays and told me they looked great. So I was forced to get a 2nd opinion from another orthopedic surgeon, and a 3rd opinion from my neurolgist. Both delivered the same bad news. A complete, 2nd, hip replacement was necessary. So out of character/competence for a DOC physician.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I found Dr. DeSantis to be very compassionate and spent time with me. He answered all my questions.
Have you seen Dr. John G. De Santis, DO?
Are you Dr. John G. De Santis, DO? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. De Santis

• Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

Michigan State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine

The Florida Knee Center

Completed in 1988

Central Michigan University

Graduated in 1977

Dr. De Santis has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopedic Association, Member

×

Dr. De Santis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. De Santis

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. De Santis' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. De Santis

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. De Santis' Care Philosophy