Dr. John Dearborn, MD

Dr. John Dearborn, MD

Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery | Male

I love what I get to do with and for my patients. Fortunately, joint replacement is a generally reliable procedure, so we focus our attention on whether surgery is right for the patient. We spend a great deal of time aligning patient expectations with the reality of what these procedures can deliver, based on our current outcomes and research. Some patients have had replacements elsewhere that have not worked well. We specialize in analyzing the reasons why and developing a corrective plan.

Dr. John Dearborn, MD is an adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Menlo Park, CA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Dearborn is affiliated with Washington Hospital.

Dr. Dearborn's Experience

See how Dr. Dearborn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dearborn

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dearborn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dearborn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dearborn to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Dearborn's Performance
    in Walnut Creek, CA |
    Dr. Dearborn performed a knee replacement on my right leg. I had nothing but extreme pain, swelling and after a year of agony I was forced to have the knee Dr. Dearborn put in replaced. He was attentive before my surgery but as soon as I had a problem he refused to see me and wanted me to speak only to his P.A. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone. When I finally did get to see him he literally just shrugged his shoulders and said "It happens in 5% of cases" and walked out of the room!
    in Blossom Valley, CA |
    Conduits for miracles from heaven that give us our lives back. That’s how I feel about Dr. John Dearborn & his exceptional staff at the Institute for Joint Restoration after two hip joint replacements within 8 weeks of each other in July & September of 2015. He was relaxed, unhurried & personally wrote down all the answers to my questions on the list I handed him. I am now well on my way to walking 3 miles in 45 minutes – a perfect cardio work-out. He said I can dance again & I intend to!
    Walnut Creek, CA |
    Don't use this doctor! He never checked on me once after my surgery. . After Dr. Dearborn had performed the surgery he kept referring me to his P/A. I was in so much pain, and finally another physician discovered the joint had come loose and a year later I had to have the knee replacement replaced again! It was a very painful experience. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone!
    Sunnyvale, CA |
    When his surgeries go wrong, he has no compassion or follow up with his patients.
    Have you seen Dr. John Dearborn, MD?
    Are you Dr. Dearborn?

Dr. Dearborn's Care Philosophy

Dr. Dearborn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Phi Beta Kappa, 1987
      • Alpha Omega Alpha, 1991

Dr. Dearborn has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dearborn's Board Certifications

Massachusetts General Hospital

Completed in 1997

Stanford University

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Dearborn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dearborn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery