Dr. John Daniels, MD

Dr. John Daniels, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. John Daniels, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Crystal Lake, IL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Read his story

750 E Terra Cotta Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Daniels

See how frequently Dr. Daniels performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bursitis
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Daniels's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Daniels' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Daniels "The foundation of Dr. Daniels' practice is built on caring for the needs of each patient as an individual. That focus is reflected in turn by the high level of satisfaction his patients report on surveys conducted at the area hospitals, at his clinical practice and in earning the designation of "Best Doctor" on multiple occasions. Beginning with a commitment to treat each patient with compassion and respect, Dr. Daniels works to help them thoroughly understand their conditions, the treatment options available, and together formulate a treatment plan. That plan will usually emphasize conservative, nonsurgical care first, with surgery always being the last option. Dr. Daniels recognizes and respects the value of a team approach. By utilizing the skills offered by many types of healthcare providers he is able to achieve excellent outcomes from his patient care. This includes utilizing his physician assistant, Chelsea Thomas, physical therapists, physiatrists, and chiropractors to craft the best course of care for each patient's unique condition. He specializes in hip and knee joint replacement and has completed advanced training to stay current with new minimally invasive procedures and the most advanced technology. He is experienced with custom and robotic technology and is an area leader in the newer Anterior Approach hip procedure. With 20 years experience, Dr. Daniels has performed close to 4,000 total joint procedures for area residents as well as accumulated extensive experience and training in sports medicine, trauma, and general orthopedics. In addition to patient care, Dr. Daniels is involved in medical research and the development of new orthopedic products and procedures. He is active in leadership at the local hospitals, serving in numerous departmental and officer posts over the years. As a life-long area resident, he is committed to his community and has coached youth sports and served as Team Physician for Marion Central and other high schools throughout his career. When he is not practicing medicine, Dr. Daniels is an avid adventurer and traveler. With a love of both the sea and mountains, he has enjoyed extensive travel with his family. He is an accomplished mountaineer, completing over 40 summit climbs, has adventure raced and even swam with sharks. Closer to home, he enjoys golf, marathon running, tennis, water sports, refinishing old wood boats, and brewing his own craft beer. As an osteoarthritis sufferer himself, Dr. Daniels understands and empathizes with his patients. He looks forward to the opportunity to assist you in a return to a more active and pain-free life."

This content was provided by Dr. Daniels "Dr. Daniels recognizes and respects the value of a team approach. By utilizing the skills offered by many types of healthcare providers he is able to achieve excellent outcomes from his patient care. This includes utilizing his physician assistant, Chelsea Thomas, physical therapists, physiatrists, and chiropractors to craft the best course of care for each patient's unique condition."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Drake University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Southern Illinois University
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Michigan State
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Daniels has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Daniels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Daniels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Daniels' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daniels to family and friends
Dr. Daniels' Performance
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Daniels replaced both of my knees over the last few years and I'm doing great !
in Crystal lake, IL |
Dr. Daniels replaced my knee and I'm glad I did and very glad I chose him! I'm doing great! I'm back to walking and yard work and working on my car.
in Crystal lake, IL |
Dr. Daniels replaced my knee and I'm doing great. I'm back to all activities!
in McHenry , IL |
I am totally awesomely happy with my hip replacements! I can walk great with my newly straight hips! He's the best there is and I highly recommend him.
in Woodstock, IL |
The difference in my life after my knee replacement is amazing. It has enabled me to get back to my activities.
in Rockford, IL |
Can't say enough about Dr Daniels, Chelsea, Phil in PT and office staff. Most positive experience in having bilateral knees replaced. Being a nurse myself makes me extremely critical or more harsh a judging healthcare offices, doctors, and staff. This office is exceptional from being greeted at the receptionists to radiology techs to medical assistants to the doctor and PA. I have entrusted them with my family members and friends and neighbors.
in Algonquin , IL |
Dr. Daniels replaced my hip and he is fantastic! He always answers all of my questions and he listens and takes as much time as you need. He is very encouraging throughout recovery.
in Cary, IL |
Dr. Daniels replaced my knee a year ago and I feel great! I'm having no problems at all. I love his gentle, smiling nature.
I am very pleased with Dr. Daniels and his staff
Elgin, IL |
Ideally organized and efficient. Interested in overall patient welfare.
in Huntley, IL |
Feeling great after my total knee. Already have sent two patients!
Rockford, IL |
I would highly recommend him.
Rockford, IL |
Thank you for all you do !!
Rockford, IL |
Great doctor. Very patient!
Blew my mind!
in Wonder Lake, IL |
Dr. Daniels is truly an amazing Dr., Surgeon & Man. He's very thorough. He listens to all your questions. He answers all your questions & concerns. He's very thoughtful of his patients. He is the right choice! God Bless Dr. John Daniels & Thank You.
in Crystal Lake Il |
This guy is phenomenal. He's professional, funny and the greatest surgeon. I fell in Mexico breaking my ankle. He saw me immediately upon my return AND operated on a Saturday. I never even took any pain pills.
in Huntley, IL |
Had bilateral hip replacement and changed my life. No more pain and I can do almost anything I want at 10 weeks from surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who has hip issues and don't be afraid to have them both done at the same time as there is only one recovery. Was back to work at 6 weeks and I don't have a desk job. Top Notch.
in Mchenry, IL |
This doctor will not care about your needs. In addition, he will want you to always re-schedule for a second appointment so their office makes even more money. I would not recommend this doctor at all. I wouldn't use any of their associates either. These doctors should not be trusted.
Have you seen Dr. John Daniels, MD?
Are you Dr. Daniels?