Dr. John Daken, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Murray & Daken Clinical Associates, LLC 8455 Colesville Rd Ste 1025 Silver Spring, MD 20910 Get Directions
Dr. John Daken, MD

I completed my initial training at the military's premier medical school in Bethesda, Maryland. After completing my residency in 1998, I fulfilled my service obligation with the U.S. Navy then entered civilian practice in 2006. I have worked in multiple settings, including inpatient, intensive outpatient, public clinics, home visits, and -- for the past six years -- in private practice. I am board-certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology.

...See Less

Dr. Daken's Care Philosophy

Proficient in both medication treatment and psychotherapy, I provide a holistic approach to patient care. I take the time to hear the breadth and depth of what a person is experiencing, and dedicate the same effort to crafting a treatment plan in a spirit of collaboration. The plan might involve medication, psychotherapy, or a combination of the two. As treatment proceeds, I remain available for consultation. In providing psychotherapy, I work to cultivate a person's capacity to make sense of the problem at hand by drawing out insights from past experiences and also from the here-and-now of therapy sessions. If prescribing only, I am happy upon request to collaborate with treating therapists. I work with both adults and older teens. My practice is located in downtown Silver Spring, close to the metro station and convenient to both downtown DC and the northern suburbs. I invite you to call to schedule an appointment or to arrange a complimentary introductory telephone consultation.

Dr. Daken's Experience

See how Dr. Daken's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Daken

Dr. Daken accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Daken is now accepting new patients

Dr. Daken's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daken to family and friends
based on 2 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Daken's Performance
in Burtonsville, MD |
I Have been seeing Dr. Daken for long time, very reliable, listens and helps you work though issues, I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. John Daken, MD?
Are you Dr. Daken?

Compare Dr. Daken

Dr. Daken says...

I completed my initial training at the military's premier medical school in Bethesda, Maryland.  After completing my residency in 1998, I fulfilled my service obligation with the U.S. Navy then entered civilian practice in 2006.  I have worked in multiple settings, including inpatient, intensive outpatient, public clinics, home visits, and -- for the past six years -- in private practice.  I am board-certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology.

Dr. Daken's Care Philosophy

Dr. Daken's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Daken has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Daken's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Suicidal Ideation

Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences

Graduated in 1994

National Naval Medical Center

Completed in 1995

National Capital Consortium (National Naval Med Ctr/Walter Reed Amc)

Completed in 1998

Dartmouth College

Graduated in 1986

• French

Dr. Daken does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Daken and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry